AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 01:04   Link #161
Alchemist007
*Author

I've only see so many Gundam series...given that, I'd go with Mu la Flaga from SEED. The bloody flying helmet added to the definitiveness of it (until they edited it out in Destiny )
Old 2011-12-06, 01:22   Link #162
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Katz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-12-07, 03:31   Link #163
OrtadragoonX

I'd say the ending arc of Zeta Gundam (Operation Maelstrom). A whole bunch of named characters get slaughtered in like 3 episodes. The way Paptimus Scirroco died was just epic.

After that, Char's Counterattack. It introduces a whole bunch of characters (like Chan and Kayra Su) and then Tomino literally kills almost EVERY SINGLE ONE of them off. Out of every "new" named character on that movie, the only ones I remember surviving were Nanai (whatever happened to her anyway is she still alive as of UC 0096 or what?) and Bright's second in command on the Ra Cailum. Out of those, Chan's was the most shocking; she was killed by Bright's own son; ate a beam.

"Damn you to hell... SPACE BELONGS TO THE SPACENOIDS!!!"
OrtadragoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 08:31   Link #164
casval cehack

For me, it was the nameless mother who was hit by a falling MS size shell during the initial Crossbone Vanguard attack in F91. Quick yet ultimately memorable.

Then ofcourse, Fllay.
Old 2011-12-07, 08:34   Link #165
HasuMasu
*Artist

The kid in the Blitz that got cut in half, just goes to show how much impact it had considering I can't even remember his name.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:01   Link #166
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The kid in the Blitz that got cut in half, just goes to show how much impact it had considering I can't even remember his name.
It's Nicol. Nicol Amarfi.

Speaking of deaths, it's ironic that characters from V-Gundam are rarely mentioned considering the numbers of known-characters' on-screen death (and how they die) in that series is insane compared to other G series.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:08   Link #167
kakakka

Odelo's death was the one that I remember that have some impact to me. Not in a hyped way, but his last words felt more of a desperate look back to life than life flashing before his eyes. But that's just me.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 13:17   Link #168
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

For me, Lockon's death was the first major Gundam death I'd seen, so it has the honour of being the most memorable.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:38   Link #169
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

That's obvious... Nicol Amarfi. The way the glass on his helmet breaks and then is spattered with blood... shocking and brutal, considering the kid's fragile and kind nature.
Old 2011-12-07, 22:12   Link #170
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtadragoonX View Post
After that, Char's Counterattack. It introduces a whole bunch of characters (like Chan and Kayra Su) and then Tomino literally kills almost EVERY SINGLE ONE of them off. Out of every "new" named character on that movie, the only ones I remember surviving were Nanai (whatever happened to her anyway is she still alive as of UC 0096 or what?) and Bright's second in command on the Ra Cailum. Out of those, Chan's was the most shocking; she was killed by Bright's own son; ate a beam.
Astronaige's death was even more shocking... After being such a key character in the last two series, he just dies without any fanfare on the mobile suit deck whatsoever, without anyone noticing, and without any good reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Speaking of deaths, it's ironic that characters from V-Gundam are rarely mentioned considering the numbers of known-characters' on-screen death (and how they die) in that series is insane compared to other G series.
Sometimes when you have too much of something, its hard to remember any particular one...

But nonetheless, there were definitely some really memorable deaths in there - that first Shrike girl dying was extremely sudden and shocking (though it got predictable later on), Oliver, Junko, Usso's mom, Reinforce Jr's kamikaze attack, Odelo, Cronicle falling to his death with a heavy thud, etc.
Old 2011-12-08, 03:18   Link #171
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Fllay of Gundam Seed Destiny - I don't really like her at first but at the last part of the series I seen something that this girl has that lacks the other girls in the series. The emotion.

Too bad Kira has to end with Lacus which leaves no place for Fllay. I love Lacus but if Arthrun were to end with Lacus, I'll be angry why they have to kill Fllay.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:11   Link #172
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Kycillia's death in the original would have to be the most memorable for me. Just a great scene.

Two others I'll never forget are Katz's death in Zeta and Cronicle's in V. Both had me rolling.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:18   Link #173
Strawhatyusei

Most memorable death's:

OO: Lockon (haro calling lockon had me on the verge of tears)
Anew returner ( the music had me going)
Graham aker (kamikaze style on the els)
chris and lichty (I cried like a baby)

Seed: mu la flaga (he was my favourite character in the show)

victory: Connie of the shrike team damn you tomino for killing her off
odello (never saw it coming)
Oliver (slammed his fighter into the spaceship)

zeta: scirocco (slammed by the zeta gotta love that death)

Most lol death:

seed: yuna roma (I laughed for like 15 minutes and did a victory dance)

wing EW: Barton ( you expect him to die by a important character and then he gets offed by a normal soldier ha)

gundam: dozle zabi (getting out his big zam with a machine gun)
Strawhatyusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:21   Link #174
Strawhatyusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaKkisa View Post
I will say it, for me my most memorable death was Anew. It wasn't even when the Gaddess blew up, it was when "Trust You" by Yuna Ito started to play slowly. This 23-yr old eye's welled up instantly.
Samething that I did after watching it
Strawhatyusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 23:54   Link #175
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Seed: Mu La Fwaga's "death" and I forgot the pilot of skygrasper 2 but his death was so fast with the Aegis's shield decapitating his head.

00: Lockon Stratos I and his hand shooting the earth.

Desil's death ( sliced and diced then finished with a beam rifle shot.)

CCA: Amuro and Char's "death"

WING: Treize (speach before death)

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!

Last edited by gundamdrawer; 2012-04-25 at 23:56. Reason: added some stuffs.
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:06   Link #176
larethian

Of all the gundams I've watched since the 90s, 00's deaths touched me the most, especially Licht & Chris, which were really heartrending. Lockon's death was also rather tear-jerking with his long 'speech' before he died.

Of course there are other memorable ones from other series, but I think the key differentiator is that these 3 characters got longer pre-death scenes and more dying lines than most other notable deaths in other series.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 08:46   Link #177
atilim
Knightmare

Zeta Gundam: katsu

The idiot decided to fight against a ace pilot in a fighter plane but without having any decent weapon. And for some reason they decided to turn him into a newtype (early signs not yet really powerful)

And TBH the deaths in Zeta Gundam was probably the worst in all of Gundam. So many important characters died during that show that it became kind of stupid.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:27   Link #178
Zulu Keita

The most memorable deaths? Well there are several...

TOP 3.

- Mu La Flaga - Gundam Seed

- Natarle Badgiruel - Gundam Seed

- Flay Allster - Gundam Seed

I have seen other Gundam shows as well but those count for me as the most memorable ones, of course Neil Dylandy´s death from 00 and Grahams from Trailblazer would also be somewhere in there but its too large of a category to only name a few.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 06:13   Link #179
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Graham aker - gundam 00 movie
Lockon stratos - gundam 00 season 1
Woolf - gundam age
Old 2012-05-10, 17:49   Link #180
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Zeta Gundam: katsu

The idiot decided to fight against a ace pilot in a fighter plane but without having any decent weapon. And for some reason they decided to turn him into a newtype (early signs not yet really powerful)

And TBH the deaths in Zeta Gundam was probably the worst in all of Gundam. So many important characters died during that show that it became kind of stupid.
I'd say it was worse in V Gundam. The old dudes, Oliver, Odelo, Cronicle, The Shrike Team and Kagatie all bit the dust. Even though I knew it was coming, it sucked when Cony died.