AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 19:55   Link #12281
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, I'm not having any CDT issues yet. Dunno why.

Anyway, yesterday was another normal day with good games, bad games, horrible games... and then there's this one:

Spoiler for So many shots wasted:

On another note, I installed the Team Turtle voice mod in replacement for The Simpsons voices.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 20:31   Link #12282
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

FINALLY get a game that isn't tier 9 in T29, game crashes and I can't get back in. Done until they fix this bullshit.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 23:09   Link #12283
Gravitas Free Zone

From the WoT forums:
Images
Ouch, burn?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yes, I know that WG is in Belarus, but clearly their image is conflated with their neighbor.

Also that the Standard setting doesn't always fix the problem, but so it goes.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 00:42   Link #12284
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
From the WoT forums:
Images
Ouch, burn?
Oh myy. Zing!
Old 2014-04-22, 07:54   Link #12285
Gravitas Free Zone

I got through an entire Flaktoaster game by using Standard graphics. Except that my computer isn't a potato and shouldn't have to stoop so low. Plus "Standard" looks significantly worse than 8.11 does, to the point where it's distracting.
Old 2014-04-22, 21:30   Link #12286
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
I got through an entire Flaktoaster game by using Standard graphics. Except that my computer isn't a potato and shouldn't have to stoop so low. Plus "Standard" looks significantly worse than 8.11 does, to the point where it's distracting.

I tried it once but it didnt affected my game that big. I even made a last stand against 7 enemy tanks, where I won by destroying them all. It happened two months ago and there`s nothing for me to be proud of that feat, it really made me nervous.

I`m sure lowering the graphic setting will increase the FPS?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 21:52   Link #12287
Gravitas Free Zone

There's some FPS bump, but most of the time my performance under Improved was above the 30 FPS threshold, so it was enough.

Anyway, I won't have to use the Flaktoaster for a while, or at least until there might be a post-9.0 patch. I finished the 250000 XP for the On-Track, which got me an extra garage slot and 3200 gold. (Though based on the "how much money is your time actually worth?" equation, these are never winning propositions.)

Though the main reason for doing the On-Track was to finish grinding up to the WT auf PzIV, which I haven't quite reached yet... maybe another day's grinding, if I can stave off the Grinding Ennui for a little while longer. I saw the entire span of Tier 8 teams today, from ultraviolet purple to potatos so deep in the ground that they're coming out of the other side of the planet. Which is really disturbing at Tier 8.

Edited to add: I'd seen someone else have this glitch, but apparently I have it also.

Super shiny.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-22 at 23:35.
Old 2014-04-23, 01:11   Link #12288
LeoXiao
思想工作

It reminds me of those super-rare Shiny Pokemon you could get in the second generation GBC games.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:17   Link #12289
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Though the main reason for doing the On-Track was to finish grinding up to the WT auf PzIV, which I haven't quite reached yet...
Trust me when I say the WT Pz. 4 is a far more fun tank than the WTE100.

Playing the WTE100 is like walking on a tightrope; the second your Sixth Sense light bulb pops up and you don't have *immediate* cover, you know that you're either going to be dead in the next few seconds, or you'll be crippled so hard that you can't take another hit. And with that godawful camo, you're going to see that light bulb pop up in the most ridiculous situations. The WTE100 not only encourages but actively forces cowardly and campy play for the user. It always has to shoot enemies within the draw box but outside of the max spotting range.

The WT Pz. 4 can flex. It can move across places of the map the WTE100 could never dream of doing because of its camo and small size. It can even hide behind heavy allies in choke points and brawl with enemy heavies by driving backwards and taking snapshots.

The WTE100 isn't flexible at all and it's forced into a sniper role with few opportunities for alternatives. It's like arty: it's not fun for the user and it's not fun for the enemy either. It's a cancer to gameplay that either has to be removed from the game or completely rebalanced.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:32   Link #12290
Gravitas Free Zone

I look at the WTE100 from the other side with about the same reasoning:

Is it looking at me? No? Has Sixth Sense gone off? No? Shoot it in the turret repeatedly.

Is it looking at me? No? Has Sixth Sense gone off? Yes? Shoot it in the turret once and hide.

Is it looking at me? Yes? Keep hiding.

It doesn't help that the WTE100 has nonexistent turret armor, so hull-down doesn't work.

I've noticed the logical usage of the WT PzIV with regard to backing up out of cover to only expose the gun and a bit of hull (though not sidescraping, actually perpendicular to cover, because there's no armor to sidescrape with), but I've also seen some people actually driving it backwards to keep the engine hidden, which seems a little excessive.
Old 2014-04-23, 08:43   Link #12291
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I finally managed to get my first steel wall achievement on the Churchill I (a tank I wouldn't have expected to get a steel wall on considering how many times I've been taken out in that tank).

But I'm not going to brag since only over 1200 potential damage was blocked by the armour but it's at least twice as much then (probably) my previous potential damage received in an M3 Lee.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:33   Link #12292
Gravitas Free Zone

For every team that does this right:

I can think of two or three that do it wrong.

Though it went well for my side this time. I got a Confederate medal out of the game... because EVERY TIME I HAD A KILLSHOT OPPORTUNITY I GOT SCREWED BY RNG. Shot from above on a 5% T30's front plate? Goes just in front, under the tracks. Broadside shot on a 13% T110E3? Bounces off the gun mantlet. From the side.
Old 2014-04-23, 12:17   Link #12293
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Sounds like my usual game. Remember that one in my IS-3 where every single one of my 13 shots bounced, even when aimed at engine decks? That was just one of the reasons why I quit. Pure frustration.
Old 2014-04-23, 12:46   Link #12294
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Tell me about it. My last session Monday before the game became completely unplayable due to constant crashes featured my T29's side shot on an arty being eaten by the tracks and not even tracking him, followed by my SU-85b bouncing off the side of a Hellcat 3 times in a row. Armor stats only matter when the game decides it wants them to.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:42   Link #12295
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, the final grind ennui has set in. I'm still at 10000 XP from the WTPzIV, my teams have been horrible, and I just don't care. I go in, I try to get some XP, people explode, rinse, repeat.

And training the backup crew in the JT88 is fucking horrible.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:06   Link #12296
Gravitas Free Zone

Next On-Track is to the BC 155 58. Yep, another thrilling arty grind. Reward is the leFH18B2. I don't see myself doing this one, though I could maybe purchase the Lorr 155 50 at a discount if I felt like suffering again. I really don't... so probably the only thing that I'll do during this On-Track is actually use the leFH18B2 again just to make an appearance.

Meanwhile, I finished the RBWT grind to the WTPzIV, and destroyed my WR doing so, because it was incredibly difficult to get a win last night.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:36   Link #12297
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Fired this up for the first time in god knows how long since my little brother has moved to PC, the latest update seems to have made a right hash of things.

He's running a pretty top end rig and he cant even play with the improved graphic settings thanks to some kind of micro-studder he gets when looking around and aiming in sniper mode.

I get it as well in sniper mode (which makes leading targets difficult) but its nowhere near as bad as his computer.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 10:35   Link #12298
Gravitas Free Zone

I had a CTD with the E-25 when I turned Improved back on (when it hadn't crashed before), so now I'm just running the game at full potato graphics to avoid unpleasant stoppages.

Blech.
Images
I miss having shadows.

What the Chi-Nu Kai bug looks like in potato mode:
Images
Best arctic camo ever?

Peak Roomba.
Images
Only five per team.

At least the replays can be turned up.

Images
KABLOOIE.

Images
Somebody's getting a sealed casket filled with 75 kilos of sand. Or a soup can.

Images
It did go some distance. And yes, that's a VK7201K. Damn it's ugly.

Not shown, because it would take too long: Catching a T34 in the SE factory building of Highway and keeping it permatracked (with a JT88) for almost two minutes while I waited for my slow, slow, slow backup to push through some other opponents and flank it.
Old 2014-04-24, 10:54   Link #12299
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So boys, I am back in game.

Logged in for the 1st time since 8.7, and after an almost 4 gig download, I was in!

First thing I fired up is the Tiger in historical battle. Twenty minutes of waiting, but it was worth it. Though it seems I would be stuck playing Germans and maybe a few Russian tanks

So... how do people feel about the new/old IV Ausf D & Ausf H?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 11:53   Link #12300
Gravitas Free Zone

I haven't run the PzIVD yet. The paper numbers don't compare well to the PzIII except that the PzIV gets a final gun that can actually hurt things with AP.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks