Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 08:04   Link #1581
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I don't feel Hachiman is changing, he is only adapting into the situation . . .

well without Yui this series would be so dead serious, cmon she is the smile of this series, you can't expect to much from Hachiman and Yukino for smiling . . .
But when Yukinon actually smiled, I think I heard people melt.
Old 2013-06-18, 08:07   Link #1582
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
[/URL]
SAKIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!! What took you so long?

And now Shizuka please so I can die happily and anytime.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-06-18 at 08:35.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 08:20   Link #1583
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I don't feel Hachiman is changing, he is only adapting into the situation . . .
Hachiman at the start of the series (and when he found out about Yukino being the "culprit") would not get involved with anyone. You saw how he was - he didn't talk, period.

Currently, he is acquainted with Yukino, Hayato, Yui, Haruno, etc. - all people who are well known to some degree. When Shizuka placed him in the Service Club, he was never required to come up with the solutions he did either. When Yui asked help for her cooking, he could have went along with Yukino and just watched Yui continue practicing how to make cookies. He could have also left Rumi alone and said "not my problem".

Change doesn't have to be a complete 180. "People don't change so easily," remember? Hachiman is no Hayato, but that doesn't mean there aren't any developments.

Yukino laughing once isn't going to make her a different person, but everyone can see that it's still different from the usual.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 08:30   Link #1584
Tenzen12

I don't think he is that much different in metter of proactivity.
Old 2013-06-18, 08:57   Link #1585
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think he is that much different in metter of proactivity.
No one told Hachiman to go visit Yukino in her apartment complex when she took the day off.

No told him to continue insisting on visiting her room when Yukino herself intended to turn Yui and him away.
Old 2013-06-18, 09:50   Link #1586
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

i can picture hachiman fate would be like lelouch where he became the scapegoat for everything, and have a emotional parting then everyone that know his deed will cry
Old 2013-06-18, 10:30   Link #1587
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No one told Hachiman to go visit Yukino in her apartment complex when she took the day off.

No told him to continue insisting on visiting her room when Yukino herself intended to turn Yui and him away.
I don't think Yukino knew Hikki was there until he made himself known even then, once she heard him she opened her door, while it may seem like ship tease I can't help feeling it was something more.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:41   Link #1588
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I don't think Yukino knew Hikki was there until he made himself known even then, once she heard him she opened her door, while it may seem like ship tease I can't help feeling it was something more.
Even then, the point is that Hachiman chose to visit Yukino's place on his own. It was never a part of his committee or Service Club obligations, nor did Shizuka personally ask him to do it.

Hachiman is changing and reaching out to others, however minor it may be.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:59   Link #1589
Tenzen12

But Yui did beforehand, also in begening there weren't realy any serious issues so he could just slack off. Which he still do when he deal with stuff he find to be unimportant. I am sure you know that.
Old 2013-06-18, 11:13   Link #1590
Shadow5YA

Yukino overworking and Sagami was slacking off long before it came to Yukino missing a school day.

Yui outright states that she is angry at Hachiman for doing nothing to help Yukino and Yukino herself refusing help. This is what he was at the starting point - someone apathetic who had no desire to get involved with others because he felt such relationships were trash. He chose not to get involved.

That is obviously not how he is now.

I get the feeling you think "change" implies a big difference, like as if Hachiman has to become as friendly as Hayato to be a changed man when that's not how it works at all.
Old 2013-06-18, 15:04   Link #1591
Grey

So many endearing moments. Yui-Yukinon, Yukinon-Hikki, and even Hikki-Haruno.

It was interesting that Yui tried to match Hikki's pace and follow him out of Yukino's place (she hadn't even touched her tea yet!) but then ended up staying long after Hikki slipped out.

And yeah, full points for the muffled laughter and smiles from Yukino (not to mention the return of Yukino-Hachiman banter).
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:24   Link #1592
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
And now Shizuka please so I can die happily and anytime.

"What did you say?!?!?!"
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:47   Link #1593
Tenzen12

YOU WON: FATALITY!!!
Old 2013-06-19, 01:48   Link #1594
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He only does it at an acceptable pace. He's not being called out on doing a poor job (except Haruno who is obviously teasing him), but he's not doing so well that he would be praised for it either.
Actually, I don't think she is teasing him. She is pointing out that when he writes up the meeting minutes, he's deliberately not including any of the work that he's doing. IE: he is making it look like he's doing less work that he actually is, presumably so that everyone will hate him more, to make himself a better 'villain'. In his little speech he complained about how he has to 'work like a slave', but everyone else is slacking off (which pissed off everyone). But then if they check the minutes, they 'see' he's not actually doing anything, so they get even more pissed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
It's interesting how little care Hachiman has for other people's opinions. It's one to thing to say you don't care but he is really doesn't. Well, he is correct in that he won't be able to "clear up the misunderstanding", it's really better to not bother, people get over it eventually.
This part I didn't really understand. Obviously he wants to be the 'common enemy', so he doesn't want to clear up the misunderstanding. He deliberately created the 'misunderstanding'. So why does Yukino ask him that? Does she not get it, that he sacrificed himself to help her?

Old 2013-06-19, 01:56   Link #1595
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Actually, I don't think she is teasing him. She is pointing out that when he writes up the meeting minutes, he's deliberately not including any of the work that he's doing. IE: he is making it look like he's doing less work that he actually is, presumably so that everyone will hate him more, to make himself a better 'villain'. In his little speech he complained about how he has to 'work like a slave', but everyone else is slacking off (which pissed off everyone). But then if they check the minutes, they 'see' he's not actually doing anything, so they get even more pissed off.

This part I didn't really understand. Obviously he wants to be the 'common enemy', so he doesn't want to clear up the misunderstanding. He deliberately created the 'misunderstanding'. So why does Yukino ask him that? Does she not get it, that he sacrificed himself to help her?

I thought it was 8man trying to make Sagami into the common enemy from our point of view, he was talking about her. However the commitee was also made up of people who didn't help out with the commitee work and only went to thier respective classes to have fun. To them it looked like all he wanted to do was slack so they may have been offended by what 8man said. In the end it emphasized his own laziness to the rest. Which was the misuderstanding.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:21   Link #1596
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
This part I didn't really understand. Obviously he wants to be the 'common enemy', so he doesn't want to clear up the misunderstanding. He deliberately created the 'misunderstanding'. So why does Yukino ask him that? Does she not get it, that he sacrificed himself to help her?.
He can still make the attempt to clear the understanding and things will have still been changed. After all, Sagami got the message. Yukino wanted him to make the attempt to amend the situation so he didn't have to take a big fall. He just didn't really care.

I think the appeal was meant to be their way of conveying that Yukino and Hikki care about eachothers' situations again, instead of them just ignoring eachother.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-06-19 at 03:34.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:33   Link #1597
Tenzen12

But why bother? It's make no difference to him.
Old 2013-06-19, 05:04   Link #1598
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well if it does, it's going to be a long wait. Unlike Maou this cour that only really went through 2 volumes, this one burnt through 6 iirc (out of 7).
damn, they were able to fit all that into 13 episodes? I guess I'll have to accept that this won't get a s2 anytime soon
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 07:11   Link #1599
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Hachiman didn't accuse anyone of slacking off. All he said was that he was being overworked, which is why everyone else took it to mean he was complaining because he was lazy.

Haruno was teasing him because as a public enemy, he has to stand out, but currently on the records he does not. That's why she was teasing him, saying he wasn't doing his job and calling him a scrub.

A common enemy has to do his job properly so that people will be compelled to be even better. Haruno explicitly states this.
If the bad guy slacks off, then all it does is provide an excuse for others to do the same, then excuse themselves reasoning that "at least I'm better than that guy", and prove all the misconceptions people have about Hachiman correct.

Quote:
Yukino is very straight-laced and does not like to lie. Even if she is still staying silent about the accident (which is a touchy subject anyway), she has shown that she is not happy about it and does not forgive herself, hence the "changing yourself to meet redemption" idea she mentioned at the very beginning of the series. She would have preferred that everyone understood he was talking about her being overworked and they would still work harder knowing the truth.

If people realized Hachiman was talking about Sagami not working enough and Yukino working too much, then they could still solve the issue the normal way by picking up a larger workload and getting Sagami's butt in gear.

What Hachiman is saying to her is that it doesn't matter who the bad guy is as long as the person plays his/her role properly and provokes the group to work against him/her. The important part is the solution, not the truth. If people find out - great, even better, and if they don't - oh well, he never needed nor expected them to anyway.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-19 at 12:16.
Old 2013-06-19, 09:55   Link #1600
Tenzen12

And it's not people would belive him he was just bluffing anyway... (I belive he said so himself)

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen