Old 2008-10-19, 00:53   Link #3
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Shura no Toki - the protagonist(s) can definitely be described as "mellow"
Rurouni Kenshin - the protagonist is something along the lines of Vash
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro - can be kind of ridiculous, but it held my interest
Ddnt really like the two that much Ive watched rurouni kenshin alredy so thx for the advice though

Im still stuck *sigh*
Old 2008-10-19, 02:38   Link #4
GreatTeacherKen

Damn, I feel like a broken record recommending this show dozens of times but:

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor perfectly fits your description. Nothing seems to faze the main character and it's ambiguous as to whether he's stupid but extremely lucky or a magnificent bastard on the level of Lelouch from Code geass. It's very funny although the 2nd half takes a more serious turn, but since you watched and I'm assuming you enjoyed (forgive me if I'm wrong) Trigun I don't think that'll bother you too much.

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2008-10-19 at 20:25.
Old 2008-10-19, 05:07   Link #5
AceD
See You En' Tee

FLCL comes to mind....thats about all that comes to mind atm lol, as far as what your looking for

edit Sunabouzu hes a laid back dude
Old 2008-10-19, 06:08   Link #6
tbl
Affably Evil

Black Cat - Again, the main character is a lot like Vash and Kenshin.
Kaze no Stigma - Kazuma is usually very calm and nearly always arrogant (and can back it up). He's also awesome.
Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 - Heero Yui and Setsuna respectively fit quite niceless.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon lives and breaths deadpan, sarcasm and cynicism.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-10-19, 19:28   Link #7
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Damn, I feel like a broken record recommending this show dozens of times but:

The Irresponsible captain tylor perfectly fits your description. Nothing seems to faze the main character and it's ambiguous as to whether he's stupid but extremely lucky or a magnificent bastard on the level of Lelouch from Code geass. It's very funny although the 2nd half takes a more serious turn, but since you watched and I'm assuming you enjoyed (forgive me if I'm wrong) Trigun I don't think that'll bother you too much.
what anime are u talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Kaze no Stigma - Kazuma is usually very calm and nearly always arrogant (and can back it up). He's also awesome.
Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 - Heero Yui and Setsuna respectively fit quite niceless.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon lives and breaths deadpan, sarcasm and cynicism.
Does he have great potential though cause those two both have great potential when it comes to being serious
Old 2008-10-19, 19:35   Link #8
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
what anime are u talking about?
Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's the name of the show.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:39   Link #9
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Does he have great potential though cause those two both have great potential when it comes to being serious
Are you talking about Kyon?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-10-20, 05:44   Link #10
Arkuatic

Cowboy Bebop-Spike is the more mature Vash, a bounty hunter, and out for the craziest bounty there is

Ghost Hunt-Kazuya is a genius at ghosts, spectres, zombies, etc. and runs his own exorcism agency at the age of 17; he teases/mocks the girl that works for him

Samurai Champloo-Jin is definitely always calm, don't ever see him yell or go wild, insightful and an excellent samurai
Old 2008-10-24, 22:45   Link #11
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Is gundam 00 more like code geass???
Old 2008-10-25, 16:06   Link #12
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
I dont get it why alot of people advice "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" it has a good sense of humour and stuff but I think the anime creator doesnt know how to count I mean like look at this http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...d=6430&page=25
the anime episodes are all messed up and the link above is the proof and Im currently watching it if I dont have that I wouldnt bother watching this show right now

Any more advice guys?
Old 2008-10-25, 16:23   Link #13
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Is gundam 00 more like code geass???
gundam wing and gundam00(ive never watched this actually) are both abit like code geass (or so people say about 00), just gundam 00 is newer...thus has better animation

id say gundam SEED is closer then either of them

also, Haruhi Suzumiya is extremely...OVER-RATED.
Old 2008-10-25, 16:32   Link #14
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
gundam wing and gundam00(ive never watched this actually) are both abit like code geass (or so people say about 00), just gundam 00 is newer...thus has better animation

id say gundam SEED is closer then either of them

also, Haruhi Suzumiya is extremely...OVER-RATED.
Code Geass borrowed quite a few plot points from Gundam Seed.

Old 2008-10-25, 16:44   Link #15
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Code Geass borrowed quite a few plot points from Gundam Seed.
yea, i watched seed recently ( after r2 finnished ) because i heard it was like geass ^^
Old 2008-10-25, 17:18   Link #16
blewin

Shannon from Scrapped Princess - calm and confident, and is bossed around by his sister except when he's pushed into a corner. He usually walks around with this bored look on his face.

Van from Gun x Sword - sort of follows along, though he has a strong hatred for the one person he wants to kill. Has no money but can eat a lot, and is clueless when it comes to women.

Last edited by blewin; 2008-10-25 at 18:05.
Old 2008-10-25, 17:33   Link #17
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Gintama, no one is more laid back than Gintoki.
Old 2008-10-25, 18:18   Link #18
Anime Daisuki

Quote:
I dont get it why alot of people advice "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" it has a good sense of humour and stuff but I think the anime creator doesnt know how to count I mean like look at this http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...d=6430&page=25
the anime episodes are all messed up and the link above is the proof and Im currently watching it if I dont have that I wouldnt bother watching this show right now

Any more advice guys?
They did it that way on purpose, it's a huge loss if you don't finish it.
Old 2008-10-25, 22:47   Link #19
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Daisuki View Post
They did it that way on purpose, it's a huge loss if you don't finish it.
Yeah... the first episodes are a bit confusing but it is a series worth of watching to the end. Although i woudnt call it a masterpiece but still has many interesting things. It has a original plot with unique characters... the only problem is that the first episode isnt very appealing and usually makes ppl get the wrong idea.
Old 2008-10-26, 16:07   Link #20
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Yeah... the first episodes are a bit confusing but it is a series worth of watching to the end. Although i woudnt call it a masterpiece but still has many interesting things. It has a original plot with unique characters... the only problem is that the first episode isnt very appealing and usually makes ppl get the wrong idea.
Weird characters you mean the only one that I could say that is normal is Kyon all of them are a little bit sick in the head
Haruhi Quote:

Im not interested in normal people(ningen) if your an alien, a time traveller or an esper come talk to me....

wont you be like "what the" if you hear that from a certain person