AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 20:02   Link #1041
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
My username is named after Claudius, a Roman Emperor. He had a disability and little political experience. He stammered, his head shook, his knees were weak, and he slobbered when he was excited. He was believed to be an idiot, let alone a likely candidate for the throne. However, he took up his role as emperor well, even more so than many of his predecessors and many of those who were to come. *coughnerocough*
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:11   Link #1042
Sovereign Rune
Swordsman of Harmonia

Send a message via AIM to Sovereign Rune
Big Suikoden fan. That's really all there is to it.
Sovereign Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:23   Link #1043
Alchemist007
*Author

I was thinking "hmm I like Alchemist...and I need something cool to go with that."
Old 2009-04-05, 09:54   Link #1044
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3

Wellll. I first heard "jerkette" in Princess Diaries 1. Mia's bestfriend Lily saw two of their classmates kissing, and she said "jer and jerkette sighting". And i kinda liked the sound of "jerkette". And it also rhymes with my name. Hihihihi

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 13:47   Link #1045
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Send a message via MSN to Miki7
My name Miki is from the character from marmalade boy Miki was... I saw Marmalade boy when I was 12 years old, and then I discovered that when I truly loved somene it was like Miki loved Yuu that's why I chosed the name Miki
Miki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 13:53   Link #1046
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Very simple one

H. + S. are my initials. Normally I am used to be HsXIII but here III were not possible, so I took Vi Germania, orientated myself on Lelouch Vi Britannia. Germania because I am German
Old 2009-04-10, 14:20   Link #1047
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Mine comes from the anime "Kannagi".
Old 2009-04-10, 16:34   Link #1048
KimmyChan

KimmyChan

Pretty straightforward Kimmy is my nickname and Chan is Japanese for young/youth
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 18:17   Link #1049
JamieFoSnizzle
Ichiban~

Send a message via Yahoo to JamieFoSnizzle
Jamie is my name and Fo'snizzle is what my neice says too much. >3>
JamieFoSnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:20   Link #1050
Zira

Send a message via AIM to Zira
My username Zira is a combination of Kira from Death Note and Zero from Code Geass.
Zira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:57   Link #1051
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm a big WWII buff and I focused a lot of my studies on the German Airborne, the Fallschirmjäger.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 00:55   Link #1052
LeoXiao
思想工作

My username is made up of my first name and the first character of my mom's name (晓), meaning ‘dawn’ or 'daybreak.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'm a big WWII buff and I focused a lot of my studies on the German Airborne, the Fallschirmjäger.
Funny how they call everything "jäger," eh? panzerjäger, feldjäger, düsenjäger, fallschirmjäger, etc. Can't blame them, though, seeing that it is quite possibly one of the coolest words in existence.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:35   Link #1053
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Basically my name is a pen name for the music scores and fanfiction I used to write before I entered high school. Masquerading as a female would draw more audience to my works, and it really did compared my friend who used a more masculine name.

Besides it sounds cute. So it gets stuck.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:37   Link #1054
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Kusa which is a short version of Kusanagi. First name of the great Kusanagi Motoko from GITS
Old 2009-04-13, 12:15   Link #1055
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
KimmyChan

Pretty straightforward Kimmy is my nickname and Chan is Japanese for young/youth
I'm sorry, it seems that I've been told by another member on here (and deducted points from me as a dissapproving comment at the same time) that this is not what the word Chan means after all, so I've decided to look it up on Wikipedia for it's meaning instead and this is what it came up with -

Chan (ちゃん ?) is a diminutive suffix. It is an informal version of san used to address children and female family members. It may also be used towards animals, lovers, intimate friends, and people whom one has known since childhood. Chan continues to be used as a term of endearment, especially for girls, into adulthood. Parents often call their daughters chan and their sons kun throughout their lives, though chan can be used towards boys just as easily, in particular if it results in a nickname that is particularly pleasing to the ear; such nicknames often spread outside the family circle during the school years. This is still considered very feminine. Adults may use chan as a term of endearment to women with whom they are on close terms.

Chan can be considered a feminine mode of speech in that it is used mainly by, or towards, females. Its pattern of usage is similar to using "dear" when addressing someone in English. Males typically do not use chan when addressing other males, except when referring to very young children, and in idiomatic cases like Shuwa-chan (described below). When they do, it implies a particularly close relationship between them, such as long-time friends or business partners.

"Pet names" are often made by attaching chan to a truncated stem of a name. This implies even greater intimacy than simply attaching it to the full name. So for example, a pet rabbit (usagi) might be called usa-chan rather than usagi-chan. Similarly, Chan is sometimes used to form pet names for celebrities. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger gained the nickname Shuwa-chan in Japanese. Pet-names may also use variations on chan (see "euphonic suffixes", below).

Although traditionally honorifics are not applied to oneself, some young women adopt the affectation of referring to themselves in the third person using chan, a mode of speech normally only found amongst small children. For example, a young woman named Maki might call herself Maki-chan rather than using a first person pronoun.

The Japanese media use chan when mentioning pre-elementary school children and sometimes elementary-school girls.
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 15:55   Link #1056
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
My username is made up of my first name and the first character of my mom's name (晓), meaning ‘dawn’ or 'daybreak.'

Funny how they call everything "jäger," eh? panzerjäger, feldjäger, düsenjäger, fallschirmjäger, etc. Can't blame them, though, seeing that it is quite possibly one of the coolest words in existence.
What's so funny on it?
And cool ... eh ... if you think so, okay, but I dunno whether war really is cool or not ...
Old 2009-04-13, 16:00   Link #1057
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Once upon a time, my name was not OutPhase, so I requested it to be changed to as such. The End.

Man, that story always gets to me. I laughed, I cried, and then did some other stuff that I shall refrain from going deeper into details. Would reread again.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 07:24   Link #1058
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
my real name is Tahir and Tubz just some how came from that to be my nickname... ever since the 5th grade if i remember correctly
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:08   Link #1059
APEOT

My username is my "mothership" site, www.freewebs.com/apeot
I've also got a site dedicated to 20th century manga, www.mammothinjunkland.webs.com

check it out!

if you go to my mothership site, it'll explain my username.
APEOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 12:03   Link #1060
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Just love zebras <3

I even have zebra stripes on one of my walls XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote