AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 18:19   Link #8061
Aquaman OS

They probably have a budget for every episode. And since nothing important needed to be reanimated in this episode....panty shot.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 01:39   Link #8062
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
wonder if we're going to get more pantie shots/underwear scenes in the future. I mean there is tons of possibilities. It does make me a little nervous, Is this what the HD remaster is going to focus on, silly teenage underwear shots instead of mecha carnage, there is so many times a Murasame can blow up in the same way =p Well as consolation at least Luna's underwear wasn't the cliche blue stripes.

I wonder if Perfect Lacus will get fan serviced up too.
Lacus's bare ass appeared in one of the TV Movies, in that hot springs episode with Cagalli.

I just shudder at the thought that Cagalli's breast size would be reduced in the HD Remaster of Destiny. But then again, "a flat chest is a status symbol! Extremely rare and valuable!"
Old 2013-07-08, 03:25   Link #8063
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I just shudder at the thought that Cagalli's breast size would be reduced in the HD Remaster of Destiny. But then again, "a flat chest is a status symbol! Extremely rare and valuable!"
I actually worry for Cagalli in this HD remaster, will they fix Cagalli in some way to redeem her (doesn't matter how) or will Fukuda/Morosawa just put the final nail in her coffin and just end the misery Cagalli's character has been having for the last 10 or so years.

I do wonder if/when Naomi Shindō will get the stick out of her rear and starting voicing Cagalli again, Cagalli hasn't been in a game fully voiced since like the Zaft Vs Rengou, unless you want to count that Vita Battle Destiny, I don't know how much of Cagalli's lines are reused/stock lines or new. If she won't then just get a new voice actor already its not like finding a tomboy voice actor would be that hard.
Old 2013-07-08, 09:59   Link #8064
I Fail at Life

Quote:
I actually worry for Cagalli in this HD remaster, will they fix Cagalli in some way to redeem her (doesn't matter how) or will Fukuda/Morosawa just put the final nail in her coffin and just end the misery Cagalli's character has been having for the last 10 or so years.

This is what a Remaster don't do. A Remaster is for animation, exactly what all we have seen up to this point ( if this most recent episode didn't drive that home already.) Besides, even if they wanted to change her character it would require rewriting part of the story, which I doubt a Remaster would have the budget for when it's only meant for the animation side. A re-telling would have the budget for that.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:30   Link #8065
monster

Quote:
the misery Cagalli's character has been having for the last 10 or so years.
Nonsense. Cagalli's character took back control of Orb and was doing fine the last time we saw her.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:33   Link #8066
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
This is what a Remaster don't do. A Remaster is for animation, exactly what all we have seen up to this point ( if this most recent episode didn't drive that home already.) Besides, even if they wanted to change her character it would require rewriting part of the story, which I doubt a Remaster would have the budget for when it's only meant for the animation side. A re-telling would have the budget for that.
a little picture montage could work, but i get your point at this rate with the remaster why bother hoping. Maybe they'll do a audio okmake thingy for the fans on the bluray.... doubtful too =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Nonsense. Cagalli's character took back control of Orb and was doing fine the last time we saw her.
The show nose dived her in to the ground and then gave her a 2 episode shine (with the Akatsuki), thats pretty cool but for a whole season of character killing 2 episodes isn't enough to redeem that. Even after She takes back Orb she doesn't really have any lines or weight of importance after that and we don't get to see her bitch slap some more of those backstabbing representatives or see how she helped Orb, all we got was: No to the Destiny Plan and sat in an office while the final battle was happening. Then after the final battle couple more little no dialog scenes of shaking hands and that about it. Shes alive after everything thats cool and was all the other good guys which is nice.

I'm more hoping they at least do something to make Naomi Shindō happy some way so she'll start voicing Cagalli again, Cagalli has been missing from gundam games for awhile now, would really like to see her in a game again. but who am i kidding
Old 2013-07-08, 13:54   Link #8067
monster

Quote:
The show nose dived her in to the ground and then gave her a 2 episode shine (with the Akatsuki), thats pretty cool but for a whole season of character killing 2 episodes isn't enough to redeem that. Even after She takes back Orb she doesn't really have any lines or weight of importance after that and we don't get to see her bitch slap some more of those backstabbing representatives or see how she helped Orb
What character killing? Cagalli found herself in a situation that she couldn't control, but she eventually managed to take back control.
Quote:
I'm more hoping they at least do something to make Naomi Shindō happy some way so she'll start voicing Cagalli again, Cagalli has been missing from gundam games for awhile now, would really like to see her in a game again.
I don't know the situation regarding Cagalli and the video games, but whatever it is, that's up to the game makers.
Old 2013-07-08, 14:26   Link #8068
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
What character killing? Cagalli found herself in a situation that she couldn't control, but she eventually managed to take back control.
took her a whole series to get back Orb, and all she did was cry during the whole problem, took Kira to do all the work. then She got the Akatsuki and If Orb wasn't in Dire need at that time, they still wouldn't have listened to her. the Hot headed tomboy turned into a useless crying girl that couldn't do anything but wait to be saved, kinda a 180 for her character personality, at least she tried in Seed.

Quote:
I don't know the situation regarding Cagalli and the video games, but whatever it is, that's up to the game makers.
Shes a popular Seed/Destiny Character obviously she'd be put in, its Naomi Shindō being a stick in the mud not wanting to be Cagalli because of what happened to her character and the internal problems of between the staff during the making of Destiny. I really don't know why i care though =/
Old 2013-07-08, 14:45   Link #8069
monster

Quote:
the Hot headed tomboy turned into a useless crying girl that couldn't do anything but wait to be saved, kinda a 180 for her character personality, at least she tried in Seed.
Cgalli has always been a crying girl since SEED. The only difference is that she was able to solve her problems by fighting people from other nations. That's not the case in Destiny until ZAFT invaded Orb, but she does try.
Quote:
Shes a popular Seed/Destiny Character obviously she'd be put in, its Naomi Shindō being a stick in the mud not wanting to be Cagalli because of what happened to her character and the internal problems of between the staff during the making of Destiny. I really don't know why i care though =/
Well, even if that's true, that's her prerogative.
Old 2013-07-08, 15:31   Link #8070
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Cagalli has always been a crying girl since SEED. The only difference is that she was able to solve her problems by fighting people from other nations. That's not the case in Destiny until ZAFT invaded Orb, but she does try.
"Trying" in Destiny seems a little kinda but I get your point. Personally I always saw the Tears in Seed to be more for the atmosphere of the scene, showing more emotion not just tears, they were something symbolic. Then Destiny, Cagalli would just cry at the drop of a hat, no spunk like in Seed, but thats just me.

Quote:
Well, even if that's true, that's her prerogative.
i know its her choice i just find it weird that bandai/bamco (whatever they're called) puts up with that. A popular character just on the side lines talk about a waste of potential sales.

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-07-08 at 15:52.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:56   Link #8071
Aquaman OS

Well in SRW Z I think they just cut her because they didn't need her. Cagalli doesn't actually fight during the AA's interventions, just float there because she couldn't bear to fire at her own people, and by the time the Kira faction joins you the game is almost over. They cut Dearka too even though he has no problem voicing characters just because it wasn't worth it for a minor palette swapped unit.

Of course I've heard replacing VAs in Japan is a big deal, but then again its hard to tell. They recast Four in the Zeta film with Yukana (a big name popular VA) over the original one (who had basically faded into obscurity) and people wanted to lynch the casting director and Yukana, but nobody seemed to notice that all the other younger girl characters (basically everyone other than Emma Recooa and Haman) were ALSO recast with new younger VAs.

And in FMA Brotherhood they replaced almost all the VAs except for the two leads and one or two others and nobody really seemed to care.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:19   Link #8072
Washu-Chan