Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 03:43   Link #1081
yahoosoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
Didn't Kubo said he wanted to make Orihime the heroine as well? correct me if I'm wrong.
She always had been a heroine, just like Ishida and Chad are heroes in their own right, even if the whole series doesn't exactly revolve around her.
Old 2007-04-28, 03:46   Link #1082
Forever_young
Zero

If she's the heroine then why does Rukia's name always come before her in Official websites, book etc.
I think in this HM arc it'll make it look like Ori x Ichi was winning but I think everything's totally gonna flip out with a Ichi x Ruki moment in the end
And I think Kubo is aware, if he makes it a Ichi x Ori ending not that many people would be happy because
-Most people want action in Bleach. Not a cheesy, typical romance
-Too many Ichi x Ruki, Ulq x Ori, Ishi x Ori fanz out there (accordin to the poll Ichi x Ori's not even a popular couple)
-People would say 'Oh how typical'

I'm kinda suprised how long this board lasted for despite all the arguing going on
Ichi x Ruki 4eva! Yay
Old 2007-04-28, 03:48   Link #1083
Asianknight82
Banned

I think he just wants to make this love triangle as confusing as possible, and then sends the entire audience in an uproar at the end, that's what you call good showmen-ship. ha ha.

What kubo has in store for orihime is unbeknowest to us all. But, if he is a true artist he would go with what he feel it should be and not listen to what other people want. Otherwise he'll feel unsatisfied with his work.

Edit: hehe yeah there is alot of intense arguing going on, but hey people like to argue its human nature.
Old 2007-04-28, 03:49   Link #1084
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
@Qc0Jh1axT;

Spoiler for Manga:
Well I happily acknowledge Rukia's unshakeable status in being the heroine in Bleach and the heroine in both arcs - just as Ichigo is the hero in all of Bleach and in both arcs.

Spoiler:

But I have to say the attention did shift to Orihime - not in the sense that she is now the leading lady, but in the sense of her importance as a firm and indispensable support character.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-28, 03:53   Link #1085
sorbet
vicious fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

And I don't recalled Kubo say he intented to make Orihime a heroine. All he ever said was 'she will become an important character'
Old 2007-04-28, 03:59   Link #1086
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Rukia's too popular to get kicked out of her heroine position. She was also voted no. 1 in the "Most Beautiful Jump Girl Character"
http://www.37vote.net/comic/1152796537/
Old 2007-04-28, 04:01   Link #1087
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
During the SS Arc, Rukia just pout around in her tower all day reminincing about the past. At least stuff is actually happening to Orihime.
Those scenes of Rukia reminiscing over her past served to give more depth to her character, while establishing the relationships between Rukia, Byakuya, and Renji, all of which were relevant to the plot.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Didn't Kubo said he wanted to make Orihime the heroine as well? correct me if I'm wrong.
Maybe he wants to, although he hasn't been doing a good job of making her more heroic, in my opinion, or more liked, according to the polls.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I think he just wants to make this love triangle as confusing as possible, and then sends the entire audience in an uproar at the end, that's what you call good showmen-ship. ha ha.
I hope he doesn't make a serious love triangle since this is an action-shounen, not a sappy melodrama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc0Jh1axT View Post
But I have to say the attention did shift to Orihime - not in the sense that she is now the leading lady, but in the sense of her importance as a firm and indispensable support character.
Hence the reason I called her a “Fifth Business” type of character in this arc. Those types of characters are critical to the plot (we wouldn’t be having this arc if she didn’t need to be rescued), but they get overshadowed by the main characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorbet View Post
And I don't recalled Kubo say he intented to make Orihime a heroine. All he ever said was 'she will become an important character'
Anyone have a source for this comment from Kubo?
Old 2007-04-28, 04:13   Link #1088
Asianknight82
Banned

Actually they have portraited her to be more "heroic"

Spoiler:

all the flash backs did for rukia was to show the audience why she accepted her death sentence.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:18   Link #1089
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:

Spoiler:

all the flash backs did for rukia was to show the audience why she accepted her death sentence.
Well from an Orihime fan point of view it may did seem like that but Kubo drew Rukia's character with more depth. Plus atleast she saved Ichigo from Byakuya and told Ichigo she dosn't need to be protected by him. To me Rukia's much more of a stronger character than Orihime and I'm not saying this cause I like Rukia better than Orihime.
Aren't we going abit off topic here with this whole 'Heroine' thing? Rukia's the official heroine in Bleach so lets just leave it at that.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:21   Link #1090
evenex

Lol, well Ori fanz do go against Rukia sometimes

Quote:
I'm kinda suprised how long this board lasted for despite all the arguing going on
Ichi x Ruki 4eva! Yay
Lol, I reckon. Most people go against the rules (well, sort of...) on this board. I'm suprised as well that it isn't deleted.
And yes, I also agree that Rukia's more stronger and a "heroic" character. Alot of people are starting to hate Orihime because all she did was cry. It was Rukia that helped her out in situations like that by training with her. She even told Ichigo that she'll never forgive him if he comes after her.
Spoiler:

I got more reasons but I'll stop here
Old 2007-04-28, 04:23   Link #1091
Asianknight82
Banned

Whatever floats your boat right?
Old 2007-04-28, 04:30   Link #1092
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Which is important so readers don't wonder why Rukia suddenly seems to be throwing her life away. As I said before, it gives her, and the other characters appearing in the flashbacks, more depth.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:37   Link #1093
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat right?
Heh. How bitter.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:38   Link #1094
Asianknight82
Banned

All the characters have flash backs too, is it because its Rukia that makes it more important?

Orihime's past was indirectly connected with Ichigo's, and her powers are a direct influence from Ichigo. She's gone through the same bullying as Ichigo due to their hair colors as kids. Ichigo and Orihime shared a similar past, and they both are very lonely due to the lost of loved ones (one being his mom and the other... all of her family members) I sympathize with Orhime, Her parents abused her forcing her and her brother to run away and try to live a normal life, she spent her childhood being bullied, having only one person in her life that truly cared for her died in the worse possible time. I want to see her truly happy, Orihime has been in love with Ichigo for a long time now and I want to see her love reciprocate just for the sake of saving her from her own darkness.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc0Jh1axT View Post
Heh. How bitter.
oh quiet little boy :P It sounds no where near bitter, Fan A will always root for A and Fan B will always root for B, thus whatever floats your boat.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:43   Link #1095
sorbet
vicious fan

So basically you want Ichigo as a 'reward' for Orihime? Ichigo is not a thing. His feelings should be taken into consideration. And so far all I can see is Orihime getting more and more miserable with her love for Ichigo. I don't know how can she be happy with him.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:46   Link #1096
Asianknight82
Banned

Ichigo himself isn't the problem, its Orihime's own low self-esteem is the issue. She feel herself to be inadequate, but she's trying to change that by

Spoiler:

And I know some of you girls out there think of guys as an object, as guys do to girls XD ha ha, I just hope my fiance dont think that way about me, lol.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:47   Link #1097
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
All the characters have flash backs too, is it because its Rukia that makes it more important?
No one was saying the other characters' flashbacks were unimportant. In general, I find most flashbacks to be important, particularly when a main character is having one; that's why I found you dismissing Rukia's flashbacks as unimportant to be strange, especially since they were entirely relevant to the plot.
Old 2007-04-28, 04:55   Link #1098
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
No, it's because people have flashbacks of IMPORTANT things and IMPORTANT people.

Quote:
Orihime's past was indirectly connected with Ichigo's, and her powers are a direct influence from Ichigo. She's gone through the same bullying as Ichigo due to their hair colors as kids.
Everyone in Bleach have troubled past. Not only Ichigo and Orihime. Orihime had always needed protection from Tatsuki. Ichigo never bothered about the bullying.

Quote:
Ichigo and Orihime shared a similar past, and they both are very lonely due to the lost of loved ones (one being his mom and the other... all of her family members) I sympathize with Orhime, Her parents abused her forcing her and her brother to run away and try to live a normal life, she spent her childhood being bullied, having only one person in her life that truly cared for her died in the worse possible time. I want to see her truly happy, Orihime has been in love with Ichigo for a long time now and I want to see her love reciprocate just for the sake of saving her from her own darkness.
Ichigo and Rukia's past are similar, not Ichigo and Orihime. They both have loved ones died in the rain, they both claimed responsibility for these deaths, and they both could not get over these deaths. Orihime had always moved on after her brother's death. And in case you have forgotten, Ishida's grandfather also died and this had an impact on him. However, Ichigo and Rukia share the most parallels in their past - they both understand each other because of previous experiences. There was no evidence in the manga saying Ichigo cared for Orihime when her brother died. It was Tatsuki who defended her and in her times of loneliness cheered her up after her brother's death - always being with her, hence her brother's jealousy over Tatsuki spending so much time with Orihime.

Quote:
oh quiet little boy :P It sounds no where near bitter, Fan A will always root for A and Fan B will always root for B, thus whatever floats your boat.
I'm a girl. And, whatever floats your boat means whatever makes you happy. You seemed bitter there, hence the previous comment.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:02   Link #1099
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
Anyone have a source for this comment from Kubo?
"In an interview in 2004 issue 42 of JUMP, Kubo Tite gives very random tidbits about several Bleach characters.

All translation and everything by k_shi (http://www.livejournal.com/users/k_shi/)
Inoue Orihime
Tied with Ichigo, her face is the hardest to draw. She's going to be a very important character later on so, I want to get used to drawing her faster."

It is now "later on", and Orihime is indeed a very important character, at least as far as plot importance goes. However, that certainly doesn't mean that she has stolen Rukia's spot as female lead or is going to end up with Ichigo.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:02   Link #1100
sorbet
vicious fan

Quote:
Ichigo himself isn't the problem, its Orihime's own low self-esteem is the issue. She feel herself to be inadequate, but she's trying to change that by

Spoiler:
I'm confused, what do you mean by Ichigo himself is not the problem? I'm talking about Ichigo's feelings for Orihime here. It doesn't matter if suddenly Orihime gain her self-esteem and declear her love to Ichigo. There is nothing in manga which suggest that Ichigo will reciprocate it.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Closed Thread