Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 05:12   Link #1101
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc0Jh1axT View Post
I'm a girl. And, whatever floats your boat means whatever makes you happy. You seemed bitter there, hence the previous comment.
haha, touche, ok then I'll change that remark to "little girl" XD

Um, no when I'm saying that Ichigo isn't the problem, its referring to the fact that her misery is a direct conflict with her own self-esteem issues. I'm not saying that'll he'll all of a sudden fall in love with her for killing off big baddy, but rather when that time comes I feel that there will be a dramatic change in their relationship. If story telling procedures dictate, it seems that's whats been set up at the moment, well at least to me. I believe that once Orihime overcomes her selfloathing of inadequacies, she'll be able to face her feelings for Ichigo head on, how that will turn out? who knows, but all I know is that it'll do her some good.

My memory might be fuzzy but, didn't the night Orihime's brother died it was raining also? Anime tends to make it dark and rainy with sad moments, so me personally don't take that into much thought.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:17   Link #1102
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post

Um, no when I'm saying that Ichigo isn't the problem, its referring to the fact that her misery is a direct conflict with her own self-esteem issues. I'm not saying that'll he'll all of a sudden fall in love with her for killing off big baddy, but rather when that time comes I feel that there will be a dramatic change in their relationship. If story telling procedures dictate, it seems that's whats been set up at the moment, well at least to me. I believe that once Orihime overcomes her selfloathing of inadequacies, she'll be able to face her feelings for Ichigo head on, how that will turn out? who knows, but all I know is that it'll do her some good.

My memory might be fuzzy but, didn't the night Orihime's brother died it was raining also? Anime tends to make it dark and rainy with sad moments, so me personally don't take that into much thought.
I guess we disagree then. Because to me, as far as the current story goes, the potential of Ichigo and Orihime becoming a romantic couple is falling apart drastically.

Spoiler:

No, Orihime's brother didn't die when it was raining. It was a bright sunny day.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:23   Link #1103
Asianknight82
Banned

Well that's your interpretation. I see it is a chance for a relationship to blossom. And a bright sunny day? O_o... I was pretty sure it was at least at night time when he died at the clinic...
Old 2007-04-28, 05:26   Link #1104
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Haha very mature, too bad the only one acting like a primary schooler is yourself and nobody else in this thread. You're the one who accuses us IchiRukiers of being hostile yet you resort to childish insults. Get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianKnight

Of course Ichigo isn't the problem, it's not his fault he's never noticed her. I actually think that her love for Ichigo makes her weaker instead of stronger. If you looked at Orihime's development before her love for Ichigo became the highlight of her life, she was a pretty stable kid who was stronger.

Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight
Well, it's obvious since your memory is fuzzy that if it was raining on the night Orihime's borther died then it wasn't significant. KT made sure to connect both Ichigo and Rukia by having PARALLEL memories in the rain arcs. It's only an exclusive connection between them, Orihime does not share this. Don't try and devalue it.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:41   Link #1105
Forever_young
Zero

Haha! Naive is here! Ichi x Ruki hi5! Lol

Kubo drew more connection with Ichigo and Rukia when it comes to their past. Especially chapter 0. And it wasn't raining when Ori's bro died.

I do agree that Ori has a really dark past but the one who rescued her from that was Tatsuki. Personally, I think she needs to appericiate Tatsuki more than Ichigo.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-28, 05:59   Link #1106
evenex

Well with Ichi x Ori relationship you just need to look it from the surface but with Ichi x Ruki it's more deep and you need to look behind it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoosoda View Post
For me the whole Ichigo x Rukia thing started as early as Volume 3 of the manga. There was a connection there that was striking to me and I found unique despite all the anime / manga that I have read.

The conversation that takes page in the following panels is for me, the sweetest proof of an Ichigo x Rukia pairing. It's also evidence of a very mature outlook from Rukia.

Spoiler:

That part is one reason why I think it's gonna end with Ichi x Ruki
Old 2007-04-28, 06:01   Link #1107
Asianknight82
Banned

Looking back on the quality of artwork from the early chapters till now, I'm glad the quality has gone up XD
Old 2007-04-28, 06:02   Link #1108
evenex

Most manga do that. The pic just gets better and better
Old 2007-04-28, 06:08   Link #1109
sorbet
vicious fan

@ Asian: Er....I don't want to disturb your confrontation or whatever but may be you could calm down a bit with Naive? No need to curse anyone here o_o

I think 'memories in the rain' arcs are very important. They are what connected Ichigo and Rukia. If we want talk about the possibility of the pairing, this is one of the strongest arguments for IchiRuki. Imagine something similar for IchiOri, I'm sure IchiOri fans will jump with joy. Too bad so far I haven't see anything that connect Ichigo and Orihime together. Like Qc said before, Ichigo's past was more similar to Rukia's than to Orihime's.
Old 2007-04-28, 06:19   Link #1110
Marsala
Delurker

In the anime, Orihime's brother was killed at night, but in the original canon manga, Ichigo mentions that he was brought into the clinic just as he was about to go into school, which would be in the daytime. Either way, it wasn't a strong connection at all; the main reason for that incident was so that Ichigo could recognize Sora's face.
Old 2007-04-28, 06:28   Link #1111
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Where I see Ichigo and Orihime having nearly an entire childhood in common, but thats just my interpretation on things.
Luckily, it's only your interpretation, because, compared to Inoue, Ichigo still was surrounded by a loving family and thus, didn't feel lonely.

But he had to live with a painful feeling of guilt because he thought he had killed his mother, while Inoue decided to be happy for her brother.
Oh and let's not forget that Ichigo had to deal with his vision of the spiritual world.

<redundant! condescending! fan-fervor is an ugly thing>

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-28 at 11:52.
Old 2007-04-28, 13:30   Link #1112
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Luckily, it's only your interpretation, because, compared to Inoue, Ichigo still was surrounded by a loving family and thus, didn't feel lonely.

But he had to live with a painful feeling of guilt because he thought he had killed his mother, while Inoue decided to be happy for her brother.
Oh and let's not forget that Ichigo had to deal with his vision of the spiritual world.

<redundant! condescending! fan-fervor is an ugly thing>
actually, on that basis we can argue a closer relationship between ichigo and rukia. both felt undeserved guilt for the death of a dear one kaien/ichigo's mother, and both blamed themselves and were changed due to this.

so i think they are more capable of understanding each other feelings in this matter as they are experiencing the same thing and thus have a similar history.
Old 2007-04-28, 15:08   Link #1113
Lendra-chan

Quote:
Actually they have portraited her to be more "heroic"

Spoiler:

all the flash backs did for rukia was to show the audience why she accepted her death sentence.
You can't compare Rukia's resolve to Orihime's resolve in those cases. Orihime's personality and past is so much different than Rukia's, not to mention her current situation.

Spoiler:

Comparing their thoughts on two different things and expecting them to reside on the same level isn't particularly open minded or fair. It's like comparing black and white when they're mixed with blue and green. You're going to get different reactions, results and situations.

Spoiler:

Moreover, Orihime obviously has a lot of dependency issues to deal with. She isn't a physically strong character and she has a lot of gaps in her personality that usually trigger her very small moments of depression or doubt. That displays HER faults as a character. When it comes to dependency, I don't mean her well being, I'm refering to her outlook on things. Many people have to reassure her or display to her certain things in order for her to pick up on her own and build her own reasons to stand alone as well. She's learning to do so through this series.

Orihime's motivation is also very different than Rukia's. Their personalities clash quite a bit so comparing their reactions won't fit well on a level playing field. I'm very glad they've established such a strong friendship in recent chapters. That's also helped Orihime deal with her issues of jealousy and doubt.

All in all, I like Orihime very much, but I adore Rukia so much more, thus I react to defend her. When characters are growing, they're obviously going to display other emotions like doubt, fear, disgust, guilt, and so on. Different situations trigger different reactions and that's what distinguishes the individuality of each character; Rukia and Orihime included.

Phew, I'm glad I got that opinion voiced!
Old 2007-04-28, 15:56   Link #1114
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
http://www.bleachforums.com/showpost...&postcount=774

Ichi x Ruki was voted the most popular couple in Bleach (again)
Wow!! IchiRuki was voted the number 1 most popular couple!

And IchiOri was placed at number 50 behind such crack couples like IkkakuMahana, KarinIchigo, and InoueWonderweiss????

Seriously, that's crazy, I never thought IchiHime was so unpopular, but it seems the Japanese really dislike the couple.

Go IchiRuki!!
Old 2007-04-28, 16:03   Link #1115
deadroot

Location: Apartment, the home where I hide, away from all the darkness outside
I was utterlly shocked that Ichihime was placed 50th! I thought that they would at least be 3rd or 5th.
btw who's Mahana?
Old 2007-04-28, 16:03   Link #1116
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
And IchiOri was placed at number 50 behind such crack couples like IkkakuMahana, KarinIchigo, and InoueWonderweiss????

Seriously, that's crazy, I never thought IchiHime was so unpopular, but it seems the Japanese really dislike the couple.
Maybe because the 2nd popular pairing is UlquiorraHime? Yay for my favourite pairing xD

PS. But I still like the thought of Ichigo being with Orihime more than with Rukia :x

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2007-04-28, 16:14   Link #1117
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadroot View Post
I was utterlly shocked that Ichihime was placed 50th! I thought that they would at least be 3rd or 5th.
btw who's Mahana?
I knew that it wasn't as popular as IchiRuki, because it's so one-sided, but I never expected crack/pedohphilic/incest-type couples to beat it. It scored so so badly. It's shameful even.

I found out, after reading BF's ichiruki fc, that this poll was the sixth poll they've had, and IchiOri's highest was placement at number 16. They keep dropping and dropping and dropping.

I mean for a couple - where Orihime's feelings have been focused on so much - that's a pretty low ranking IMO.

Anyway, Mahana is a classmate of Ichigos. She has short chocolate dark brown hair and is very loud and nosey. She's the one who asks Rukia if she has a thing for Ichigo in episode 16, and Rukia replies "Just friends."

As for Ulqhime, it's one of my favorite couples as well, so I'm glad it's doing so well.
Old 2007-04-28, 16:20   Link #1118
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Wow!! IchiRuki was voted the number 1 most popular couple!

Go IchiRuki!!
Ichigo and Rukia being the most popular came as no surprise, considering how well both have done in the popularity polls and the dynamics of their relationship.

As for Orihime, I'm not sure if I'm more shocked that her constant angsting over Ichigo hasn't won more fans or by the fact that Ulquiorra x Orihime is suddenly the second most popular pairing in Bleach in Japan. Are the Japanese big fans of Stockholm Syndrome or something?
Old 2007-04-28, 16:33   Link #1119
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
Ichigo and Rukia being the most popular came as no surprise, considering how well both have done in the popularity polls and the dynamics of their relationship.

As for Orihime, I'm not sure if I'm more shocked that her constant angsting over Ichigo hasn't won more fans or by the fact that Ulquiorra x Orihime is suddenly the second most popular pairing in Bleach in Japan. Are the Japanese big fans of Stockholm Syndrome or something?
Actually, this poll has been conducted 6 times, usually RenRuki manages to beat ichiruki - they've been number 1 three times

Spoiler for IchigoRukia Manga:

IchigoOrihime has just kept on dropping and dropping. It's not a popular relationship, I guess one-sided feelings are in the end one-sided. I'm not surprised that it's not popular, but I AM surprised that even weird couples like KonxYuzu and the like beat out IchiOri.

As for Ulquiorra x Orihime, I'm not surprised it's that popular. It's the flavor of the month for now. You can find so many fanarts of the couple. Now whether it will stay up there like ichiruki/renruki/ishihime - that's the question.

Spoiler for manga for Ulqhime:

Last edited by Naive; 2007-04-28 at 16:44.
Old 2007-04-28, 16:38   Link #1120
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Actually, this poll has been conducted 6 times, usually RenRuki manages to beat ichiruki - they've been number 1 three times

This is the first time, I think IchiRuki has claimed the top spot, which makes sense given chapter 269/270 with Ichigo's dropping of the mission to go and pick up Rukia.

IchigoOrihime has just kept on dropping and dropping. It's not a popular relationship, I guess one-sided feelings are in the end one-sided. I'm not surprised that it's not popular, but I AM surprised that even weird couples like KonxYuzu and the like beat out IchiOri.

As for Ulquiorra x Orihime, I'm not surprised it's that popular. It's the flavor of the month for now. You can find so many fanarts of the couple. Now whether it will stay up there like ichiruki/renruki/ishihime - that's the question.

And I think people like the couple because Orihime views herself equal enough to Ulquiorra that she could go ahead and slap him without fear. It's almost refreshing in a sense.
Spoiler:

Rukia also was placed no.1 in the "Most Beautiful Female Jump Character" MAN! Do japanese people have good taste or what? Lol

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1152796537/ (in Japanese but no. 1 says Kuchiki Rukia)
Closed Thread