AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 104 69.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 22.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-11, 03:03   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
My main gripe about Accelerator is that he has no reason to do the experiments in the first place. He never suffered because no one can hurt him and he has no reason to believe that anyone ever will. And yeah, I agree, his main reason was bloody retarded.
Physical pain is not the only way one can suffer.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-05-11 at 03:26.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 03:26   Link #82
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, as this was in Index season one already:
Old 2013-05-11, 04:01   Link #83
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Let see how the fight between Accel aka One way road vs Touma AKA One punch Kid version 2.0 meaning through Mikoto's and Imouto vision to there eyes TouMAN is sparkles while Accel is pitch black darkness

Accel childhood is a mess to begin with to be experimented by a certain(s) researcher/mad scientist which have stripe tatoo on his face , i find it disgusting that he could kill off so many people (Clones)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:50   Link #84
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Wow, there is Aureolus' building on the background.
Is it this one?

(You can even notice they added Endymion)
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:57   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh wow, the difference between Night and Day
Old 2013-05-11, 05:26   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

God damn they really just killed that ridiculously awesome clone, just like that. RIP Misaka Clone.

But what I really wanna know is why Misaka just left her clone like that. Sure she had another lead but she wasn't even sure if it would lead anywhere since she didn't even know what it was. Wouldn't she have wanted to stay with her clone to learn what experiment was going to happen? If it were me I wouldn't have left that clone out of my freaking sight!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 05:28   Link #87
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
God damn they really just killed that ridiculously awesome clone, just like that. RIP Misaka Clone.

But what I really wanna know is why Misaka just left her clone like that. Sure she had another lead but she wasn't even sure if it would lead anywhere since she didn't even know what it was. Wouldn't she have wanted to stay with her clone to learn what experiment was going to happen? If it were me I wouldn't have left that clone out of my freaking sight!
I actually asked the same question. How is "I'm off to participate in an experiment!" not at all interesting or relevant? I mean, she IS a clone! Why would you not want to follow around your maliciously produced clone and learn their every secret?

I was actually leaning more towards sad and horrified when they escalated in this episode. I already miss the clone.
Old 2013-05-11, 05:39   Link #88
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

This episode is well-executed. First, the calm before the storm. Then, 9982 said goodbye to Mikoto as she knew she will die as planned in schedule of the experiment. Later, the demise of 9982's fate in the hand of Accel. Man, it was painful to watch her dying slowly.

And the episode ends with a villainous ending tone, which I like it the most in this episode.

You know what? Making the Imouto more human does affect our psychological view on her dying, after all.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 05:47   Link #89
Tranhieu

Quote:

Coz she's more interested in the whereabout of the lab, where she can learn more about the project and who's the mastermind behind it all. Plus she didn't have a single idea how horrible the experiment they are conducting is.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 05:50   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

All of which she is more likely to learn by staying with the clone than by trying to follow up a lead of unpredictable value.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:02   Link #91
Tranhieu

Quote:
All of which she is more likely to learn by staying with the clone than by trying to follow up a lead of unpredictable value.
Then 9982 might have called off the experiment since it's their policy not to let anyone who's not in the know involved, like what Accelerator said when he saw Touma wandering around the site.

I'm actually more curious how Misaka can memorize that lengthy security code when it was spoken only once.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:11   Link #92
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I'm actually more curious how Misaka can memorize that lengthy security code when it was spoken only once.
All Level 5s are essentially geniuses... Maybe except a certain one.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:11   Link #93
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Then 9982 might have called off the experiment since it's their policy not to let anyone who's not in the know involved, like what Accelerator said when he saw Touma wandering around the site.

it the perks of a lvl 5 esper they can do mini second calculation on there powers , memorizing that code must be pretty mundane stuff to them
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:15   Link #94
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Then she could've waited until that happened.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:20   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Then she could've waited until that happened.
Then it would be faster to do follow some other lead.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:21   Link #96
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasamiJurai View Post
These clones are after all real little girls and the guy who came up with this storyline IMHO has some issues.
That's judgmental to a ridiculous degree. Writing about dark subject matter, no matter how screwed up it might be, doesn't mean someone has mental issues. And yes, it does have storyline relevancy in numerous ways (showing how ruthless and mercenary segments of the Academy City government can be, for starters).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:25   Link #97
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I.... I can't say anything...

I don't remember To Aru can become like this... I think the first season isn't this tense as well

heartwarming opening.... we can see a nice interaction between onee-sama and sisters
just when everything seems good.... dat ending come!

Accel-san.... I don't know how much I miss this badass looking of yours
and 9982-san.... ugh... you deserved a better death

in the end, it's just like that death clearly ripped all my heart... left it in crumbles (when 9982 tried to get the badge then got crashed)
and when Misaka finally attacks... finally we can see a clear one-sided confrontation between Misaka and Accel...

watching this arc makes me remember... Sisters' arc in Index or Railgun clearly still the best for me (and maybe the only reason I like Mikoto and this series)

10/10
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:27   Link #98
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then it would be faster to do follow some other lead.
She didn't even know if it was an actual lead or not though. That's the problem.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:32   Link #99
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasamiJurai
These clones are after all real little girls and the guy who came up with this storyline IMHO has some issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
That's judgmental to a ridiculous degree. Writing about dark subject matter, no matter how screwed up it might be, doesn't mean someone has mental issues. And yes, it does have storyline relevancy in numerous ways (showing how ruthless and mercenary segments of the Academy City government can be, for starters).
I agree- just because a writer writes a dark story doesn't mean they have mental issues... Often dark subject matters are explored to contrast and better bring out the wonderful aspects of life in a story. Writing about dark subject matters is also often a great challenge for the writer and usually requires a great amount of resolve, determination, even courage to express themselves. Humans are often drawn to dark subject matters... And often stories that explore such themes touch the audience more directly in the heart than anything else. No matter what kind of life someone's had, no one on Earth has not known at least a little bit of suffering, I believe. It's something common we all share, but do not like to express in fear of being judged (what you said might even be an example- "mentally ill") and put down. It's hard to find such honesty these days; I admire those who can express such feelings we all share outwardly.

Quote:

Well this is my take on Mikoto's situation... She's very much an impatient, hot-headed character. She spent the whole afternoon following the Misaka clone hoping that she would lead her right to the creators. But night came and Misaka still had found nothing, and only got dragged around everywhere. When the clone tells her that she's not heading back to the facilities, I think Mikoto's patience ran out big time. She wants to find out NOW, to take action NOW- and the most logical way to do that is to go off on her own and find out for herself. Being a level 5 (with a rather prideful personality), she's also very confident in her own abilities. Logically speaking, spending time with her clone only provided distractions and prevented her from finding out anything useful. The word 'experiment' probably didn't mean much to Mikoto anyway at that point- she wouldn't have thought anything of it for did not know the horrors behind it.

Mikoto is also someone who stubbornly persists once her mind is set on something. In season 1, I think she spoke about this as one of the main reasons why she reached level 5. In this scenario, she had her sights on finding out the origins of the clones- the creators behind it. And that IS her quest, until finding out about the level 6 shift project which completely distracts her because of how horrible it is.

Thus, due to the above reasons, I think it's more of a personality aspect.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:38   Link #100
Tranhieu

Quote:
She didn't even know if it was an actual lead or not though. That's the problem.
The thing is, she's confident of her hacking skill than anything else, as long she can get access to a phone booth. Why waste your effort wandering around (she's been tailing 9982 the whole day without learning anything but frustration) while there's a better method to dig for more info? We know it's more sensible following the clone because we know what happens next.

Tags
clone abuse, despair