com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sounds like Kaji Yuuki's ideal role.
Ba-Dum Tsshh.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:02   Link #42
Utsuro no Hako

For Shoko, they should find a deaf seiyuu, someone who knows what it's like to try to speak with someone and not have them understand. The manga's produced in conjunction with the Japanese Federation for the Deaf, so surely they can reach out to their members to find someone who wants to act but doesn't have any opportunities.

If we must have HanaKana in this, cast her against type as Ueno or Kawai.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:26   Link #43
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
For Shoko, they should find a deaf seiyuu, someone who knows what it's like to try to speak with someone and not have them understand. The manga's produced in conjunction with the Japanese Federation for the Deaf, so surely they can reach out to their members to find someone who wants to act but doesn't have any opportunities.
Ah yeah, I forgot they're involved. They'd also not want them to portray the sign language incorrectly.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 16:07   Link #44
AntonKutovoi

I've read one-shot. The amount of feels was very high there.

As for the cast... Unless the'll decide to cast someone new, I think Shouya will be voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki or Ryouta Ohsaka.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2014-11-16 at 17:07.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 18:58   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This would be a perfect opportunity to cast a real kid as Shouya , like AIC did with Nitorin in Hourou Musuko. It would make a huge difference in this kind of show.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 20:49   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Nagai Tatsuyuki seems the logical choice to me (speaking of AnoHana). Maybe Aoki Ei, or even Mochizuki Tomomi.
Actually, not mentioning Omori Takahiro was a major omission on my part. He'd be perfect, and I suppose that means Shuka now.
Old 2014-11-16, 22:43   Link #47
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This manga is about as emotionally manipulative as it gets. I wonder just how well this would have gone if the deaf person in this manga was a normal looking boy instead of a cute girl.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 22:49   Link #48
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You could essentially cast any VA with the tone you want for Shoko since her voice is muffled and mostly inaudible anyway.
This sort of thing always seems to default to Chihara Minori for whatever reason
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 23:24   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

ANN offers quasi-official confirmation:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-works/.81109
Old 2014-11-16, 23:44   Link #50
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This manga is about as emotionally manipulative as it gets. I wonder just how well this would have gone if the deaf person in this manga was a normal looking boy instead of a cute girl.
As long as he wasn't romanced by another boy, I think it would have done exactly as well as it did.
Old 2014-11-17, 00:20   Link #51
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Glad it's official.

Now I look forward to the final chapter. ;_;
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 00:28   Link #52
Crossheart

I just read ANN note...
I just don't even know from where start...

I never think that this could be animated!, all of the plot is actually so complicated that i really doubt that it will be well adapted... (Okada Mari need to take a break, her works from lasts years had been falling)

And now, about the cast...
Keep HanaKana away from Shoko... i don't even know who can actually can fit in that role... if you really want HanaKana give her Ueno or Kawai. And give Yuzuru to Sawashiro Miyuki or Asumi Kana
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 01:08   Link #53
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Nagai Tatsuyuki seems the logical choice to me (speaking of AnoHana). Maybe Aoki Ei, or even Mochizuki Tomomi.
This.
Nagai is perfect with the growing up topic. JC Staff'd be a good choice to me along with JC Staff directors Kenichi Kasai and Katsushi Sakurabi.
Aoki is a fine choice too with his live-action style.
Old 2014-11-17, 02:45   Link #54
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Hopefully the adaptation is able to do a better presentation of the manga.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 04:18   Link #55
Mr Nr

Well it's confirmed but it's currently in the planning stage so who knows how long it'll take. Though I'm willingly to bet it might be fall next year. I love the manga and I have caught up to it (waiting for the final chapter). It does have problems story and character wise but what I love about is that Yoshitoki Ooima understands humans better then a lot of other mangaka. She creates such an interesting story and never pads out the story. I'm not sure how she will conclude the story but we will see. Also keep in mind this is her first manga (well technically her second given she did the art for the manga version of Mardock Scramble but never mind that) and is only 25 years old too.

For the anime I'm hoping it's J.C. Staff animating this given it's right up their ally. I agree with everyone else saying Nagai Tatsuyuki given he does human drama really well. I reckon Mari Okada can do a good job adapting it and given her previous works with Tatsuyuki I reckon she be just fine. I'm hoping it's going to be 2 cour (24 episodes) there's 7 volumes worth of material.

I hope to god Kana is not Shouko and instead have an actual deaf girl voicing her. Given the manga has supervision with the Japanese Federation for the Deaf as Utsuro no Hako pointed out I be very surprise they don't help with anime for finding a someone who will be perfect as Shouko. I reckon Natsuki Hanae would do a great job as Shouya.

All I'm praying now is they don't stuff up and please animate all the sign languages given they very important.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 08:25   Link #56
whitecloud

About drama, Sol isnt kyoani much better on that front than JC staff? Plus we could get high quality animation, since especially sign laquange need to be accurate, i dont want other studio who could skimp on it...
Old 2014-11-17, 08:56   Link #57
Mr Nr

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
About drama, Sol isnt kyoani much better on that front than JC staff? Plus we could get high quality animation, since especially sign laquange need to be accurate, i dont want other studio who could skimp on it...
Seriously doubt Kyoani will get it given the anime they are producing now are mostly in house (Free and Chuunibyou) or related to previous of their works (Amgai Brilliant Park is by the author of Full Metal Panic and the series composition of Hyouka). J.C. Staff be better given they have done manga adaptions before really well (Honey and Clover).
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 10:52   Link #58
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I'd rather see PA Works take this. It's much closer in tone to the type of series they do, but much better written than anything they've done since TariTari. It'd be nice to see them work up to their potential for a change.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 10:57   Link #59
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'd rather see PA Works take this. It's much closer in tone to the type of series they do, but much better written than anything they've done since TariTari. It'd be nice to see them work up to their potential for a change.
Brain Base would be quite fitting as well; a story like this is up their alley.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 11:06   Link #60
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Checked out a bit of the manga and it's some heavy material for sure though I don't know if I'll quite call it a melodrama.

In terms of studio guessing, I goubt Kyoani will get it. Neither do I want them to. They tend to favour comedy series and have their trademark style slapstick or "moe" which is a big mismatch for this kind of series. I guess they were known for Key adaptations in the past but that kind of style of drama is a big no go for this type of manga.

Don't see PAW getting it either since they favour anime originals (they'll be doing like what, 1.5 years worth of anime originals - Nagi no Asu kara 2 cours, Glasslip 1 cour, Shirobako 2 cours) and if they not doing one they usually do an adaptation (usually novel, not light novel tho) of a different genre of mixed quality. Style wise I can see it working, but PAW tend to favour psuedo mono no aware/springtime of youth (aka bittersweet) rather than something this heavy.

If I was a betting man I would either bet on JC Staff or A-1 Pictures. Secondary bets on studios like Production IG, AIC or Brains Base.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote