AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-03-23, 23:17   Link #1
Kunimi_Hiro
Hokage

[Manga] Is it still possible for Sasuke to be redeemed, or is he in too deep.

Ok, I would like to hear some of your opinion regarding Sasuke's betrayal and defection. As we know, since Naruto has been running for years now, that Sasuke joined Orochimaru, for the benefit of revenge.

- His body has been basically prepped for Orochimaru to take over.
- Too consumed by revenge, and seek of power.
- Went willingly to join Orochimaru, with the expense of his friends.

However, without this turn of events, the plot might not go as thick as it is now.

I would like to know if it's still possible for him to go back the way it was, with Naruto and Sakura, and the rest of the gang. Or is he good as a permanent Antagonist for the rest of the Naruto series. Badass as it seems, when we saw him back at Chapter 300. I wonder how this will turn out.
Kunimi_Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 23:26   Link #2
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

if this turn of events is something from the fillers please deisregard. i haven't watched a single filler episode (thank god) so i would not know whats going on in the anime series. From the looks of things Sasuke seems to be too consumed by power but Sasuke, being Kishimoto's favorite character, will probably redeem himself before the end
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 01:38   Link #3
Rachy
Disabled By Request

The village would let him back if thats what you mean, i think kakashi would be dissapointed but he'd get over it.

it can return to the way it was and it will.

anythings possible with Sasuke-kun ^_^.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 01:46   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The thing that gets me about Sasuke (and a major reason for me not being a supporter of him) is that he always wants the easy way out (In terms of gaining new techniques)...He basically used kakashi for Chidori, and while he's extremely naturally talented I don't get the sense he has a great work ethic (certainly not on Naruto's level or even Rock Lee or Negi seemingly)... He's always looking for the quick fix remedy to get more power...

In terms of similarity, a character like Vegeta (somewhat in this same archetype as Sasuke) worked his a$$ off to close the gap between him and Goku...Sasuke seems to me like someone not willing to work for his ultimate prize (Except for using people, even snarling at Oro-sama to quickly GIVE him power)...I think his betrayle is very damaging to whatever ties he still has to konoha village...An avenger no doubt, but allying with the scurge of konoha and killer of the last Hokage is a bit much to swallow...I think at this point (Last ep before filler) he could still have a chance of being re-accepted, but since a time-skip will occur it seems evident that he will remain with Oro...That means there's no redemption for him in my eyes...As for going back to the way it was,...never...I don't think that can happen...No more "Team 7" hijinks that's for sure...

I see Sasuke as being a pretty torn-up villian for a while...I'm predicting Oro will test him by having him assault Konoha in some way...I think that basterd will do it too, because he'll do anything for a boost in power...
Old 2006-03-24, 05:19   Link #5
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The thing that gets me about Sasuke (and a major reason for me not being a supporter of him) is that he always wants the easy way out (In terms of gaining new techniques)...He basically used kakashi for Chidori,
I'm not really sure how you can say that, it was Kakashi that decided to train Sasuke, and Sasuke worked his ass off to achieve not only that but the speed of Lee. Kakashi said it himself, it was a month of very hard work. Every time we've seen Sasuke training, he's been working very hard. Remember the tree climbing exercise? They both worked until nightfall before returning. I would say that prior to the meeting with Itachi, he put in just as much hard work as all the other characters.

Quote:
and while he's extremely naturally talented I don't get the sense he has a great work ethic (certainly not on Naruto's level or even Rock Lee or Negi seemingly)... He's always looking for the quick fix remedy to get more power...
Now, as I mentioned above, the Itachi encounter is a huge key to the development of Sasuke's character. Traumatizing him with the mangekyou sharingan, Itachi once again fueled the hatred of Sasuke. Combined with his apparent lack of growth next to Naruto (after all, he doesn't know about kyuubi) his disapointment with his own abilities was cause for desperate meassures.

It doesn't justify his actions, but it explains them.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 05:27   Link #6
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I think it'll be right at the end - in the last ever chapter. Sasuke jumps out and takes a fatal blow for Naruto, who then starts to cry, and realises that Sasuke wasnt really such a bad guy, was just on a mission. Then looses it, and a) kills the guy who kills sasuke really well or b) Releases the 9 tails and destroys Kohona and the World.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 05:46   Link #7
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Sasuke might have gone to Orochimaru for easy power, but don't forget these is a catalyst: the Cursed Seal!

If Orochimaru hadn't encountered Sasuke, this will never have happened. Ok, he might have been grumbling with Naruto and be jealous too, but he wouldn't know Orochimaru like he does now.

If Sandaime didn't seal off Anko's CS, she would still be in his lair too. And still ... she has a hard time resisting it when Orochimaru is around.

Should Konoha in someway manage to capture Sasuke, he'll sure get punished for the betrayal, but there're extenuating circumstances (is that english? I've no idea about legal terms ^^') for him: the Seal and possibly buying himself out of jail for detailed information on Orochimaru. Next, Tsunade will probably try to undo that seal.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 05:49   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
I'm not really sure how you can say that, it was Kakashi that decided to train Sasuke, and Sasuke worked his ass off to achieve not only that but the speed of Lee. Kakashi said it himself, it was a month of very hard work. Every time we've seen Sasuke training, he's been working very hard. Remember the tree climbing exercise? They both worked until nightfall before returning. I would say that prior to the meeting with Itachi, he put in just as much hard work as all the other characters.

Now, as I mentioned above, the Itachi encounter is a huge key to the development of Sasuke's character. Traumatizing him with the mangekyou sharingan, Itachi once again fueled the hatred of Sasuke. Combined with his apparent lack of growth next to Naruto (after all, he doesn't know about kyuubi) his disapointment with his own abilities was cause for desperate meassures.

It doesn't justify his actions, but it explains them.
Your point is taken on Sasuke working hard and training during the tree-climb arc (This is very early on BTW and one of maybe 2, 3 times the entire series we see him working hard) but it was even before Itachi that he started to see that other genins were as strong if not stronger than him with him having an arguably greater bloodline limit...Personality goes a long way when analysing this IMO...Rock Lee, Neji, and Naruto (as I've mentioned, perhaps more) seem to have a personality that clearly shows that working hard is part of their character...As for Sasuke a substantial part of his character seems to suggest to me that he'll do anything for a quick and easy power up (obviously that's super-clear now)...Even early on he was relying on his bloodline and "Ace-status" to get him thru the day...A major concearn to him after training with Kakashi was that he didn't feel the chidori was sufficient enuff because it could only be used twice (To be honest i feel like he has a visible disrespect for the technique)...So basically I'm saying before the whole Itachi scenerio even took place Sasuke never came across to me as someone you should model yourself after when it comes to the perception of a hard-work ethic...And after Itachi appears his true colors overflowed...
Old 2006-03-24, 07:27   Link #9
naruto_jh

I feel that Sasuke isnt the kind to just go back to Konoho just because naruto,sakura, kakashia and the rest might accept but it would be him refusing. He went to Oro for the power to defeat Itachi and i do think in the storyline, he would somehow and if this happens, his power would not differ too far from Oro....... Oro is not stupid n acknowledges that... so i guess theres a bound or some kind of forbidden deal between Sasuke n Oro and maybe,

After a certain period of time, Sasuke's mind will erode away from the drown of seeking power.... so Sasuke has a time limit himself to defeat Itachi and for Oro to take his body in return.

Because i cant see any other way for Oro to have that trust over Sasuke to exchange power for his container body. If the deal is that Sasuke's mind will die, its not something he wouldnt do in order to surpass Itachi as we see he betrayd himself, his home n his friends.

What kind of deal would have been made i realli would like to hear opinions?

N interms of my thoughts, i feel that Oro will fail to gain his body and sasuke would be dieing due to damage o his mind after Itachi fight but we always have Sakura and her talent that can surpass Tsunade...
naruto_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:30   Link #10
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

I won't call it the easy way, but instead the only way considering the other alternatives. Sasuke was never going to get the power he needs to even touch Itachi, much less defeat him, if he stayed in Konoha period. Especially when you have guys like Kakashi who was telling him to just forget about his elder brother.

In all instances, Sasuke was shown busting his ass off. The only other people shown who trained as hard as him was Rock Lee and Naruto (and the latter is only because of Kyuubi). Trust me, in those last 2.5 years when Naruto was eating ramen, being put in crappy fillers, and have Jiraiya talking to him about 'guts' most of the time, Sasuke was busting his ass training day in and night out.

Personally though, I hope Sasuke stays evil and have Kishimoto working more on a triangle clash between team Orochimaru, Konoha, and Akatsuki.

Last edited by astayanax; 2006-03-24 at 07:45.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:33   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Sasuke was always depained as a hard worker.
He was showed training hard before entering the academy, during the academy, out of the academy to learn his first Katon jutsu, until late at night the very day his clan was obliterated, during the tree climbing training with Kakashi, during the two weeks before the 3rd test of the Chuunin exam and alone after he saw Naruto's incredibler power against Gaara.
In fact training is basically the only thing Sasuke was showed to do when he's not fighting.

Lee has to train even harder than both Sasuke and Naruto, that was said by Naruto during the Chuunin exam, I also think Naruto can train more simply because thanks to his incredible stamina and healing factor he can resume his training very fast despite being exhausted.
But that doesn't mean that Sasuke isn't a hard worker. Neji wasn't showed to train more than him in the slightest even if I do think he's a hardworker as well.

I also don't see Sasuke taking an easy way. Fastest way maybe, evil way surely.
But easy? What he chose to do in order to reach his goal is incredibly risky and he also chose not to kill Naruto which would have been the easiest way fro him to gain power with the MS.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:43   Link #12
naruto_jh

this is out of the topic!
naruto_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:06   Link #13
Kunimi_Hiro
Hokage

After reading these posts so far, It seems Sasuke is way in too deep now, for things to get back the way they are. Looks like most people are leaning on a late redemption, thru the series. I can't wait to see what will happen on later chapters, regarding Sasuke's take on him meeting Naruto and Sakura once more. I can't help but wonder, after that 2.5 years time skip, if he still regards both of them his friends, at least subconciously.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:43   Link #14
Soma

The argument that Sasuke is not a hard worker or only takes the "easy" way out of things is utterly laughable. I would guess that Naruto and Sakura are taking the "easy" way out by being trained by their respective Sannin instead of by Kakashi. Don't make me laugh.

Orochimaru is the best teacher for him which will allow him to grow to his greatest ability, just like Jiraiya is for Naruto, and Tsunade for Sakura. Sasuke wouldn't be able to get as strong if he stayed with Kakashi than by being with Oro. If that was the case, then Naruto and Sakura would have stayed with Kakashi.

Crazy fanboy logic hits once again.

I won't even address the hardworker part since it's plainly obvious that Sasuke is one of the hardest workers in the series, and always has been. That much is clear, and it's never changed.

Anyways, Sasuke doesn't need to go back to Konoha anyways for this story, so I don't see what the problem is. He'll be a Sesshoumaru type character who's a wanderer and only helps out when needed, but clearly set on his own path. He doesn't need "redemption" or to return back to Konoha at all. He already payed for his redemption ticket anyways, when he saved Naruto by throwing himself in front of Haku's attack, or when he spared Naruto's life at the Valley of the End at the cost of gaining the ms, anyways.

Personally I'd prefer if he stayed in the "darkness". It'll make a better story.
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 09:23   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I dont think Sasuke is welcome in Konoha.

I definetly CANT see Sasuke becoming Konoha's future Hokage. He betrayed the village...and that is/ should be death penalty.

Tsunade would be willing to bring him back ONLY because of Naruto (and Sakura a bit) though Jiraiya knows..(Tsunade probably aswell) that Sasuke is lost. Like Orochimaru did.
Old 2006-03-24, 09:25   Link #16
yamikage

For Sasuke, I also believe late redemption is the way to go, better if its near the end. Having said that, I just hope no more 7+ chapters of him angsting anymore. I swear to God I'm gonna get my ass to Japan to Shounen Jump's office just to kill Kishimoto if we get another series of flashback chapters/eps of him. Ok, maybe not. But still, I loathed this series during the Sasuke flashback arc. (Yes that was an arc. In the manga, at least. And it was too long for its own good)

I'd imagine him killing Itchy and then feeling empty afterwards. Maybe weasel boy gets redemption or dies just as a one-sided ebil character. I just don't want this series to end with Naruto and Sasuke in a one-on-one deathmatch. This series wasn't about that theme in the first place. That could happen before the Sasuke and Eat-a-Cheese fight.

Prolly Sasuke will then be a hermit, wandering around seeking redemption for what he has done. He burned bridges with Konoha already and it'd be hard for him to return, even if Naruto was Hokage. He'd probably revive the clan someplace else. Or he'd recall the evil (I think) truth about the Uchiha clan/Sharingan so he swears to never revive it again. I hope that Sakura goes with him so that Naruto can end up happily with Hinata. Or at least just not end up with Sakura.

The Uchiha clan aren't worth much these days, anyway. THE END.

</random></rant>
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 09:35   Link #17
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

I think that before Sasuke can come back the Itachi issue AND the Orochimaru issue has to be solved. If he does come back it will be
1.)after those two are done with
2.)prolly during a civil war in konoha where naruto rises to power (Kage style) and reinstates Sasuke himself

Almost forgot! Kakashi said that Naruto&Sasuke's fate was like the 1st Hokage and that other guy(mt. rushmore style) where they had their last battle. If that's the case that means that their differing views might make 4 one helluva legendary fight (where sasuke has to die hoepfully) making Nauto a 1st Kage of something?
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:06   Link #18
Kunimi_Hiro
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma

Anyways, Sasuke doesn't need to go back to Konoha anyways for this story, so I don't see what the problem is. He'll be a Sesshoumaru type character who's a wanderer and only helps out when needed, but clearly set on his own path. He doesn't need "redemption" or to return back to Konoha at all. He already payed for his redemption ticket anyways, when he saved Naruto by throwing himself in front of Haku's attack, or when he spared Naruto's life at the Valley of the End at the cost of gaining the ms, anyways.

Personally I'd prefer if he stayed in the "darkness". It'll make a better story.
The reason why this story is going as it is now, is because they want Sasuke back. Thats the bottom line, and that's where the problem is. I have no arguments about Sasuke goin his own path, but right now I do not see that happening since he's being prepped to be taken over by Orochimaru. And before he becomes a "wanderer, and only helps when needed" he needs to solve a LOT of issues, he needs redemption, so he can help himself, before he can help others.
Old 2006-03-24, 11:08   Link #19
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think Sasuke is a good person at heart and will be redeemed at some point in the series. However, this does not mean that he'll come back to the village. He made his decision and now he has to face the consequences. If/when Sasuke kills Itachi I think it will be too late for him; if Konoha were to take him back with open arms after this, it would be proving him right in leaving them to begin with. He should not be able to successfully accomplish his objective by betraying his comrades and still get a happy ending afterwards. If he's going to become a good guy again, he has to give up on Itachi and acknowledge that his friends are more important. Maybe afterwards he can kill him.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:15   Link #20
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I think Sasuke is a good person at heart and will be redeemed at some point in the series. However, this does not mean that he'll come back to the village. He made his decision and now he has to face the consequences. If/when Sasuke kills Itachi I think it will be too late for him; if Konoha were to take him back with open arms after this, it would be proving him right in leaving them to begin with. He should not be able to successfully accomplish his objective by betraying his comrades and still get a happy ending afterwards. If he's going to become a good guy again, he has to give up on Itachi and acknowledge that his friends are more important. Maybe afterwards he can kill him.
Itachi and Sasuke are definatly going to tango. Sasuke's gone WAY too far for that not to happen now, but I think people are overlooking Danjo. He's bringing a wole new dynamic to the story here. It might just be civil war time roots vs leaves! And in the spirit of such Sasuke has potential for redemption.
Hedline: Lone Uchiha quells Konoha rebellion and brings a new era of Peace/Order.
I could be completly wrong on this but long term I don't really see Atsuki or Sasuke being that dynamic (as all they want is power).
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote