Notices

Old 2023-03-20, 16:45   Link #1781
magnuskn

Ugh, bloody hell.

Thank you for the info, though.
Old 2023-03-21, 02:59   Link #1782
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I contacted Right Stuf a few days ago, worried that we were back in licensing hell. Got a response today:

Quote:
We are still moving forward with the Macross Frontier Blu-ray release but I'm sorry to say that the materials-gathering part of the project is taking longer than we had hoped. Things are still moving forward at this time, but all behind-the-scenes stuff until we're far enough along to be able to make a proper announcement and to start taking pre-orders.

We appreciate you following up though and please know we're as excited to be able to work on this and release it to the fans as you are to be able to get it in your hands!
Obviously, this is not like a full official press release or anything, but it at least gives me some hope the release is still a thing that will happen. Honestly, it's been 15ish years. A few more months or another year, even, is kinda no big deal to me when it was only a few months ago that all this seemed completely impossible.
Old 2023-03-22, 01:51   Link #1783
magnuskn

Yeah, true enough. I only hope that they also do a region release for Europe, because due to the idiotic region system and BD-players not being adjustable like DVD-players are, it'd make it waaaaay more complicated for me to get the BD's going here if they only do an US-region release.

Thank you for the information!