AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-22, 04:59   Link #121
Westlo
Lets be reality

Interstellar Flight preview

http://gabrielarobin.com/235/macross...-preview-video

Based off that I'm not really feeling it...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 13:00   Link #122
falloutgal
Madao

I just want Ai Oboete Imasu ka, Deculture version ^_^
falloutgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 19:18   Link #123
Traece
:cool:

The Nyan-Nyan song is still my favorite from all of Macross... >_> Yeah... I liked Haruhi's ED more than any other ED, OP, or OST for any anime. But anyhow, if we're talking non-sing&dance tunes...
Back to the talk about how Ranka sounds better and more professional than Sheryl (or at least I think that's what has been said in the past pages) or just all around more emotional... You have to remember, Sheryl is the idol of this anime and she's likely been performing for years and years, doing hundreds upon hundreds of concerts. You can't sing the same song over and over again with the same love for it you may of had the first time you sang it perfectly, and have the same emotions portrayed every time. Where as Ranka has only started singing in the past couple of weeks for people, so she has a pop flare and all this pent up emotion from NOT singing for people at all. That's just my theory, but it's not one that isn't extremely possible. Even I can only sing a song about Drunken Sailors so many times before it isn't funny to think about drunken sailors being thrown and pulled everywhere to, "sober up." There's my two-bits.
(But no, the music in Macross Frontier is really well done and 'Don't Be Late' and 'What 'bout My Star?' are especially fun tunes. Nyan-Nyan isn't the only one I love... <_<)
Old 2008-05-24, 15:23   Link #124
ani_d

Speaking of Nyan Nyan song...I seriously was annoyed by it when Ranka sang it until they showed the actual commercial. But this guy cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njw-Sh4NekE

I fail at embedding. -_-
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 23:54   Link #125
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Took a while to post this but May'n wil be performing on the second day of this year's Animelo Challenge.

http://www.seiyuu3.net/2008/05/20/461/#comment-11527

One thing of interest to note that Yoshiki Fukuyama, Nekki Basara's singing voice, will be there on the same day with JAM Project.

SHERYL NOME x NEKKI BASARA LIVE! LISTEN TO OUR SONG!

So here's hoping for this fanservice segment and Mari Ijima as a surprise special guest, like Yoko Takahashi last year.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 01:59   Link #126
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008...ro-appearance/

I am left speechless by her live singing.
Old 2008-05-28, 02:59   Link #127
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah that was impressive but I guess that's to be expected when she was chosen out of 34,911 people at an audition held by HoriPro.
Old 2008-05-28, 09:01   Link #128
SymphonicRain

Ranka's full version of "What bout my star" can be found in youtube.

For those who hasn't hear it yet, quickly before they put it down!

Personally its better than Sheryl's version. There's even a small duet performed between Ranka and Sheryl in Ranka's version which is max awesome.
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 09:37   Link #129
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Ranka's full version of "What bout my star" can be found in youtube.

For those who hasn't hear it yet, quickly before they put it down!

Personally its better than Sheryl's version. There's even a small duet performed between Ranka and Sheryl in Ranka's version which is max awesome.
lol yeah its pretty awesome...

i smell another duet sometime in the anime again
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 09:51   Link #130
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Holy shit. My brain just exploded when I heard Sheryl vocals.
Old 2008-05-28, 17:40   Link #131
Westlo
Lets be reality

Loving the Ranka and Sheryl duet version of What bout my star @ folmo... makes me wonder if they go back to folmo and sing a duet... also found a better quality version of the Sheryl version... loving the Sharon Apple/Macross Plus vibe from that version as well.
Old 2008-05-28, 17:45   Link #132
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Speaking of Nyan Nyan song...I seriously was annoyed by it when Ranka sang it until they showed the actual commercial. But this guy cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njw-Sh4NekE

I fail at embedding. -_-
i found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9q2...eature=related
i gave up after 1.40 minutes
Old 2008-05-28, 17:58   Link #133
Tsuchiro

full version of infinity is also up
Old 2008-05-30, 18:24   Link #134
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seems last week Don't Be Late shifted 12630 units and Triangler 6350, does anyone have the figures for the week before this?

Also here's a youtube clip of Nakajima Megumi's My Boyfriend is a Pilot & Interstellar Flight in fairly decent sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Qm_-UxmrI

I'm liking Interstellar Flight more than when I first heard it (longer sample + better quality helps!) but I seriously hope this isn't the next OP.. the song just isn't OP material imo... more suited to be an upbeat ED.
Old 2008-05-30, 19:02   Link #135
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seems last week Don't Be Late shifted 12630 units and Triangler 6350, does anyone have the figures for the week before this?

Also here's a youtube clip of Nakajima Megumi's My Boyfriend is a Pilot & Interstellar Flight in fairly decent sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Qm_-UxmrI

I'm liking Interstellar Flight more than when I first heard it (longer sample + better quality helps!) but I seriously hope this isn't the next OP.. the song just isn't OP material imo... more suited to be an upbeat ED.
link dead... heres another one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x1x9SV2H4

and not really ed material either... probably just another insert song
Old 2008-05-30, 19:43   Link #136
Westlo
Lets be reality

Doesn't seem to be single worthy if it's just an insert song though... I seriously hope this isn't "the" Ranka song of the series.
Old 2008-05-30, 19:51   Link #137
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Doesn't seem to be single worthy if it's just an insert song though... I seriously hope this isn't "the" Ranka song of the series.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-31, 01:25   Link #138
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
link dead... heres another one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x1x9SV2H4

and not really ed material either... probably just another insert song
The second song is cute. Finally, a Better song from Ranka. It gets better the more you listen to it. It can work for either OP and ED to me. It makes a cute, funny contrast to the mecha theme IF they made it the 2nd OP or leaves you with an upbeat feeling of the episode for an ED theme. If I were to pick, I'd like it better for an ED theme. It would be a nice change from all the depressing songs so far. Plus, I don't think everyone will like their badass Macross Frontier having a cutesy lovelove OP

And I doubt this is 'the' Ranka song. I'm thinking if this is it, then why aren't they promoting this the way they did Diamond Crevasse. I'd expect Ranka's final song to showcase what made Megumi Nakajima win from a Nationwide audition. My expectations are a little high, I hope I won't get disappointed.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 10:47   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

No way this should be the second OP, should be something in the vein of the RahXephon or the Aquarion OP. Triangler as the OP over Don't Be Late was a bad enough miss in the first place and I'm sure we'll get a few more OP worthy songs in the second half.

Quote:
And I doubt this is 'the' Ranka song. I'm thinking if this is it, then why aren't they promoting this the way they did Diamond Crevasse.
Well DC only got that massive amount of promotion in episode 6 because the cd single came out that week, the cd single for Interstellar Flight comes out in like 4 weeks or so. I expect it will get a concert performance in the episode that airs in the same week it comes out as well as ending up as the new op or ed.

Between Aimo (for plot reasons) and Interstellar Flight (cd single/her first hit in the show) I really don't see her getting another "big" song, a DYRL so to say. Perhaps the DYRL of this series will be a duet between her and Sheryl.

EDIT

Found the current oricon sales figures for cd singles released this year, both Frontier singles are placed in the top 50 for 2008.

42 *,*75,026 *12,630 Don't be late starring May'n 08/05/08
44 *,*72,024 **6,350 08/04/23

Don't Be Late is still hanging around the 8-15 mark on the daily charts, guess it will finish up at around 90-95k while Triangler finishes at around 80k.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-05-31 at 14:15.
Old 2008-05-31, 22:19   Link #140
Tsuchiro

I think Neko Nikki will fit the best as the 2nd ending

Im also betting that "Aimo Tori no Hito" is going to be the insert song for ep10 since ranka suppose to sing the theme song for "legend of zero" and this is the closest song i can see that can fit into the theme

Tags
music