Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 02:08   Link #10961
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
My prediction.
Fairy Tale should start making it's move. I don't think their the type to sit around after having one of their branches destroyed...

What I'd like to see.
I don't know if it's too early or maybe all the fanfics have influenced me. I'd like to see something happen with Tsukune's holy lock...
I'd like to see something like that too! They haven't really gone into more detail about what else it does since the Ghoul arc. He broke a few links and went into training but nothing else more is mentioned about the lock.

It's been hinted several times that the lock does something else other than seal away the ghoul. Otherwise, the Board Chairman wouldn't have said that it's "growing."

Maybe it's because of the influence of the fanfics but I think the lock's there to turn Tsukune into a human/ghoul or human/vampire hybrid by the end of the series. He'll no longer need the lock and he'll be able to use his full power at will without the risk of turning into a mindless killing machine.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 02:19   Link #10962
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~

Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101
If it follows the premise of any other Shonen Jump manga it will eventually help him to learn to control his powers. Of course Moka will no doubt play some role in that as well. Be willing to bet money on it.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:20   Link #10963
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Locks are the only things that can keep vamp powers, monsters and other evil energy contained.

Hope we'll see something out of Tsukune again here if he's made progress in controlling his vamp blood.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:52   Link #10964
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I always prefer characters with limited abilities to ones who can just train and get infinitely stronger. It makes battles much more important, since the number of battles is counted for, and adds a death clock on the characters that makes their every second count. In Tsukune's case, he really needs power to survive and trouble is always looking for him...makes me wonder how long he can last
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 04:28   Link #10965
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Tsukune will last till the end. However, how he turns out on the other hand is questionable at best. And this is only his second year of high school. He just better hope when he graduates that he still has all his limbs intact.
Old 2009-09-25, 04:34   Link #10966
Johnny
Working the bags...

I see nothing wrong with powering up through training to a certain extent. I like that far more then someone whose weak one day and they wake up the next day as superman...

Tsukune has been through the ringer for the limited amount of time that's been there. I mean his body does look like a butcher's cutting board. Giving him a little power-up or new ability shouldn't be too much to ask for...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 04:35   Link #10967
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

New Fan art.

Very Safe 4 Work

Old 2009-09-25, 04:57   Link #10968
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
New Fan art.

Very Safe 4 Work

*gives a rotten cookie*

Not nice. They should be sitting closer and sharing their sisterly love for one another.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 08:43   Link #10969
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... are we promoting the incest again? And besides, they're half sisters, not cousins...

Anyways, the thing I was reminded about with the lock: the Headmaster stated that the lock was not made for Tsukune (obviously Hokuto was the intended one), and of course the Headmaster is always making sure Tsukune is tapping into its power. I don't think that lock is so much a lock as it is a very high-level filter.

Dammit, this reminds me that the Headmaster is easily the most mysterious of all the good guys. I want in on his damned plan!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 08:53   Link #10970
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Dammit, this reminds me that the Headmaster is easily the most mysterious of all the good guys. I want in on his damned plan!
I prefer to say the busdriver more mysterious. Since the Headmaster have been deadly injured by Hokuto once. We never see busdriver in action actually. Just give hints to Tsukune's cs everytime he appeared.
Old 2009-09-25, 08:58   Link #10971
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
And besides, they're half sisters, not cousins...
We where referring to Kyoko and Tsukune back then.

Speaking about the Bus Driver....yeah that guy hasn't gotten injured or hurt in the anime and manga...hmm...he's probably the most power one there is, besides Daddy Starbucks. He might even be "DEATH" or a shinigami for all we know since he drives into the human world to the youkai world...eerie!
Old 2009-09-25, 09:05   Link #10972
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We where referring to Kyoko and Tsukune back then.

Speaking about the Bus Driver....yeah that guy hasn't gotten injured or hurt in the anime and manga...hmm...he's probably the most power one there is, besides Daddy Starbucks. He might even be "DEATH" or a shinigami for all we know since he drives into the human world to the youkai world...eerie!
I think he's some bad ass higher up that just prefers to drive a bus and do stuff like that. Or he could be "undercover" and keeping an eye on Tsukune. I still think it is no accident he ended up at that school.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:22   Link #10973
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I agree.

I think when Tsukune's dad got that enrollment form for youkai gakuen, it might have been a setup from the bus driver himself or the headmaster as we all know those guys are all in cahoots. If it's somekind of destined fate or just a coincidence, we'll know when "Fairy Tale's" true motives are out. Hokuto was once human, much like Tsukune, but became evil, probably Tsukune is the the man to undo that evil and bring good and harmony to both worlds of the humans and monsters.

Jim Henson and Frank Oz did a great job before doing that on Muppets and Sesame Street. lol
Old 2009-09-25, 09:33   Link #10974
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The lock acts more like an inhibitor for Tsukune's vampiric blood. It's kind of like those springs that locks your hand together for training, while neutral its locked together. But if placed enough effort you can move, but with enough training, its as if the lock was never there.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:12   Link #10975
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Again, until IK see further evidence, I still say that Tsukune's enrollment was pure coincidence (after all, this is still shounen, and coincidence is a huge factor) But should we get any evidence that Tsukune wasn't "accidentally" enrolled, then I'll change my opinion

and on the Bus Driver... he's a schemer, yes, but he's never anywhere near the action... he just drives the bus and flirts with Nekome-sensei. But then again, the Headmaster is in charge of things and I guess does have to dirty his hands...

And the other question: who is the third Demon Lord? I will admit, I will seriously laugh if it turns out to be Daddy Starbucks. Just as long as his appearance isn'y like that of the anime's...

One a side note: holy shit, we're actually discussing something related to the plot!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:37   Link #10976
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Who knows? Probably Ikeda had a talk with GONZO's management so that's our easter egg Daddy Starbucks is the 3rd demon lord founder of the school.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:59   Link #10977
Arturro

In anime there was a "hint" that Headmaster is responsible for recruiting Tsukune, but nothing like it in manga. On the other hand there was a lots of hints that both Headaster and Bus Driver were well aware that Tsukune is a human:
- In first chapter Bus Driver was giving Tsukune hints that Youkai Academy is not a normal school. Why he did it? All youkai students should know where they are going.
- Headmaster wasn't suprised when Tsukune turned into a ghoul. Only humans could turn into ghouls, so Tsukune had to be a human when enlisted.
- During mirror arc only four people didn't turned into monsters: Headmaster, Bus Driver, Tsukune and his cousin. Headmaster (or Bus Driver - don't remember now) told her that he will protect her. Only humans needed a protection form monsters in that situation - so he was well aware that Tsukune cousin is a human.
Youkai Academy law is to kill any human who knows about it's existence, yet bot Bus Driver and Headmaster not only didn't kill Tsukune nor his cousin, even more, they protected a human.
One explanation is that they want to create a bridge betveen humans and youkai, so when they have found about Tsukune orgins they decidet to play along. But I don't think Headmaster is a man just waiting patiently for lucky occurence.

Headmaster and Bus Driver are the only teachers whose "true" form haven't been revealed so far. What if they don't have "true" form - just like Tsukune? Third Youkai King is still unknown. What if there is no third YK (cause he was, for example, killed by Fairy Tale)? I'm waiting for Tsukune with glowing eyes

Sorry if I'm repeating something discussed before in last 500+ pages

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:34   Link #10978
Xagzan

So when is the next chappie supposed to be coming out? Because the last page of 22 said he would be taking a break "next month" (that was written in August) so I would think that would mean it would return in October, but it also said the new arc would start in November. Soo..?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 15:14   Link #10979
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So when is the next chappie supposed to be coming out? Because the last page of 22 said he would be taking a break "next month" (that was written in August) so I would think that would mean it would return in October, but it also said the new arc would start in November. Soo..?
The beginning of next month. So just chill out and don't go off the deep end, like the rest of these guys.
Old 2009-09-25, 15:18   Link #10980
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
A chapter should be out by next month, so the wait is almost over. It's coming, just be patient.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire