Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 21:34   Link #4921
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Great job, Elf song!

Is Miyu a boy or a girl?
Judging from its sound, I think Miyu's a girl.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:55   Link #4922
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Spoiler for "Future & Hope"

"Future" is about the people who stayed behind on the Earth while "Hope" is about the people who left for the new world Xanadu.

Spoiler for Future:

Spoiler for Hope:
Wow, thank you very much for the summary.
Spoiler for About Future and Hope:

Also, complete translation where?

Last edited by virox; 2012-07-01 at 08:13.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 10:11   Link #4923
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Wow, thank you very much for the summary.
Spoiler for About Future and Hope:

Also, complete translation where?
Ouji (王子). Just like that. I only presume that it's what they call their leader.

I translate this myself. I don't know if there are any full translation (since this is published in the magazine not many people bought like the light novel)
Old 2012-07-01, 10:33   Link #4924
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was surprised. Way before the third season, I have thought about Yuji's younger sister to be named as Yumi, with the characters used in Miyu's name in reverse.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:42   Link #4925
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Ouji (王子). Just like that. I only presume that it's what they call their leader.

I translate this myself. I don't know if there are any full translation (since this is published in the magazine not many people bought like the light novel)
Wait so this "Future & Hope" is only available in the magazine, and NOT in a light novel form?
Ec1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:38   Link #4926
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1ge View Post
Wait so this "Future & Hope" is only available in the magazine, and NOT in a light novel form?
It will most likely be part of the last volume (that is Shana S III), together with other short stories that probably take place before everything went down.

Quote:

Thanks man. Makes me wonder why they called themself that, but it seems Shana and Yuuji killed them. Aw, they are such a good combination.
May he never let go of her hand.

And I hope someone's going to provide a full translation anyway, I would really like to read it myself. Thanks so much.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:57   Link #4927
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I was surprised. Way before the third season, I have thought about Yuji's younger sister to be named as Yumi, with the characters used in Miyu's name in reverse.
A coincidence I sense.
Old 2012-07-08, 19:24   Link #4928
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I demand a translation of this "Future and Hope"
I doubt they will make an OVA about this
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:27   Link #4929
Elf song

A very dim future & hope for them to made this into animation.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:38   Link #4930
Ec1ge

Quote:
A very dim future & hope for them to made this into animation.
THEY MUST MAKE A SnS S-2 WITH A BAZILLION MORE THINGS IN IT!
Especially Future & Hope
Old 2012-07-18, 18:52   Link #4931
taichi-kun

wow thank you Elf song for your summary

Elf:

Spoiler for About Hope:

I really want to read It.. only 41 pages ..

Spoiler for my opinion:

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2012-07-18 at 20:50.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:11   Link #4932
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
wow thank you Elf song for your summary
Elf:

Spoiler for About Hope:

I really want to read It.. only 41 pages ..

Spoiler for my opinion:
I'm not sure about that. Will read it again next time and answer you.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:10   Link #4933
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1ge View Post
THEY MUST MAKE A SnS S-2 WITH A BAZILLION MORE THINGS IN IT!
Especially Future & Hope
LOOL I strongly agree with you there!
Old 2012-07-21, 21:59   Link #4934
Elf song

Everyone, the next drama CD will include the "Future & Hope"!

Only the voices, but it'll do.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%81%BC%E7.../dp/B007IUFR9E
Old 2012-07-21, 22:33   Link #4935
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Dear mother of goodness yes!
Old 2012-08-24, 08:28   Link #4936
AP24

So when is the extra volume coming out?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 03:25   Link #4937
Chimurry

Hi, first at all: thanks @Elf Song for short summary of Hope & Future SS, I was searching everywhere cuz the epilogue en Vol 22 doenst sound like final, even now, reading the short story summary looks the story can even go deep and further more exciting, and looks theres more problems, like the Earth Flame will decrease unavoid to some time in extinction, so probably they will try to construct and dimensional door, well i think and hope the author will not turn Shana/ Yuuji in Phelbes/Johann and the same fate.
Somebody knows why theres no more Vols of the light novel or anime season??, I mean, low sales?? or the author just got tired of??, but i do really want they publish more, could be hard if I wait for OVAS or even a movie??, well last one i dont believe could meet my standarts for a finale or transition, i hope too, see some Shana/Yuuji "normal" life, if they go school or just Flame Haze business and more grown up Shana (ok, 1.i not lollicon, thats why and 2.Well life goes on, yeah?).
Final hope for today: somebody give us a full translate SS, i know its kind of hard to see accomplish, but Who knows??

Last edited by Chimurry; 2012-08-26 at 03:37. Reason: oopss!!, forgot something.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:39   Link #4938
Ec1ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post

Hi, first at all: thanks @Elf Song for short summary of Hope & Future SS, I was searching everywhere cuz the epilogue en Vol 22 doenst sound like final, even now, reading the short story summary looks the story can even go deep and further more exciting, and looks theres more problems, like the Earth Flame will decrease unavoid to some time in extinction, so probably they will try to construct and dimensional door, well i think and hope the author will not turn Shana/ Yuuji in Phelbes/Johann and the same fate.

Somebody knows why theres no more Vols of the light novel or anime season??, I mean, low sales?? or the author just got tired of??, but i do really want they publish more, could be hard if I wait for OVAS or even a movie??, well last one i dont believe could meet my standarts for a finale or transition, i hope too, see some Shana/Yuuji "normal" life, if they go school or just Flame Haze business and more grown up Shana (ok, 1.i not lollicon, thats why and 2.Well life goes on, yeah?).
Final hope for today: somebody give us a full translate SS, i know its kind of hard to see accomplish, but Who knows??
__________________________________________________ ________

First part:

Well I feel as if the creator gave us a filler kind-of-story. Even though it was short, it was at least something better than nothing. LOL

Wait, what?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"looks theres more problems, like the Earth Flame will decrease unavoid to some time in extinction, so probably they will try to construct and dimensional door, well i think and hope the author will not turn Shana/ Yuuji in Phelbes/Johann and the same fate. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- I'm sure Yashashiro Takahashi wouldn't go that far. I'm pretty content that he's happy at how he ended the series and with the effort he put into it, I can see why he wouldn't want anything in it that'll say "Hey fans! Look a hidden meaning in my epilogue! SEQUEL TIME B*****S!"

If anything, he probably just wants people to check out the series and be happy at this one-of-a-kind thing. If he made a sequel, practically everything that happened in the first probably wouldn't even matter anymore in the sequel or be mentioned.

Second part:

Well the series seems popular in Japan. Even certain sites uploading the manga versions (which are funny too) of this series updates it once a week. Besides, the budget put into Japan making the light novels, mangas, anime, merchandise, etc. probably is enough already.
In addition to that, J.C. practically just finished the third and final season; I'm sure they're pretty tired by now and just want to move on and animate other series.
Old 2012-09-02, 22:09   Link #4939
Zeris

I can't bring myself to look at the spoilers. Would someone please just tell me one thing? Did they undo the bittersweet ending? Something like, there's now a magical portal that allows travel between the two worlds.

I've been dreading something like that since I first heard there was going to be new content. I'm not a fan of bad endings, but bittersweet ones are good to have every now and again. And I felt it really worked for this series.
Zeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:30   Link #4940
Ec1ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeris View Post
I can't bring myself to look at the spoilers. Would someone please just tell me one thing? Did they undo the bittersweet ending? Something like, there's now a magical portal that allows travel between the two worlds.

I've been dreading something like that since I first heard there was going to be new content. I'm not a fan of bad endings, but bittersweet ones are good to have every now and again. And I felt it really worked for this series.
The "magical portal" is closed for good. :l
And yes, I'd LOVE for new content to come too

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen