AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-26, 09:25   Link #901
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Kai is a great male MC, not blushing like an idiot - instead calm and composed, but not a over-the-top badass like Kirito from SAO. Not afraid to hug Frau and comfort her. Witty enough to be funny and serious when needed.

That's a strong point of RN too - a real life hero (though with a bit of supernatural powers).
Hey, don't forget that Frau stole his first kiss on this episode!

Now then, I hope there's a hint on who's behind on that robot rampage...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:27   Link #902
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Hey, don't forget that Frau stole his first kiss on this episode!

Now then, I hope there's a hint on who's behind on that robot rampage...
A hero deserved his reward
Old 2013-01-26, 11:08   Link #903
Kakkou
Tch.

Didn't think I'd end up supporting any ships in this show but Kai x Frau is officially my OTP. Aki can keep spending time with her precious Gunvarrel and robot toys. =x
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:57   Link #904
jte742

That was a great episode. After seeing what makes her tick, I like Kona/Frau more than ever now, and Kai proves to actually have a heart and care about something, for once. Also, I smile every time Frau goes "duhuhu".

Really looking forward to the next episode too, if it focuses on Airi. That was kind of hinted at earlier, and it has the potential to be really interesting (the real world/virtual world divide, etc.)

I'm still rooting for Akiho, though...
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 17:29   Link #905
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Frau is my favourite character. Damn otaku.
Old 2013-01-27, 11:27   Link #906
molitar

Wow! This episode was awesome. They almost broke through his brainwashing if he had not hung up he probably would not be dead. Too bad that Frau's mom was confirmed to be killed by the ones they brainwashed but before they did that she hid the last episode with the plot.

Someone evidently found the last film and leaked it which gave them a little concern but appears many have not realized what it means so far. Poor Frau now being labeled a terrorist. Frau, needs Kai and his strength she has been a hikimori so long and Airi is more like a sister to Kai than a love interest. Frau and Kai as Frau needs someone strong to support her and her emergence back into society.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 14:09   Link #907
OkamiNoKaze

It finally hit me this episode that Frau with her hair down and not wearing glassess looks like Miki from Idolmaster, or maybe Panty, also how much hairspray would it take to get your hair to hold like hers does when tied up
Old 2013-01-30, 09:03   Link #908
kivredia

So, yeah. Had to take a break at episode 7 cause university stuff was eating all my time. Now caught up in the last week.

Watched the 14th episode today and now I'm pretty much sitting at the edge of my seat. Pacing reminds me so much of Steins;Gate.

And damn, Aki you're screwed right now.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:04   Link #909
garbage

Man this is the best episode R;N , great tension, lots of happening, some answers yet the mystery deepens & Mister Pleiades ! nice that the robot club came through for Frau and not just Kai. they are a team now

frau FTW! Aki better do something or frau's gonna take kai away
she already got the kiss ( was that Kai's first? though he might not remember cause it looks like he's out cold ) and skin to skin hugging [of course that's the best way to warm somebody up ]aggressive even outside, coming to school to be with kai?
Old 2013-01-30, 20:26   Link #910
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Aki never really sold me enough to call her 'best girl' and hung on the side with only childhood friend as an advantage. But she doesn't really seem to swing it around like she could, instead it just acts like some kind of titular reward she gets for knowing him longer. However, we're never really clued in as to what depth their relationship is.

Either way, it's nice to see Frau take the lead and start asserting herself and appearing more often in public and at school especially with the gang. Aki may very well get left behind if she doesn't do something to get herself further in Kai's mind, not just as a childhood friend, but as a girl, because I'm pretty sure Frau is going to carry away the victory at the current rate.

Not that I mind, I knew she was best girl from the first moment I saw her. This just solidified it and silenced so many haters and other people that might've not agreed (although considering opinions, I'm pretty sure their are still fanbases for the other heroines).

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:32   Link #911
Midonin
Last Engage

I like all of them, just for very different reasons. Aki for being a great robot fangirl, Frau/Kona for being a netizen, and even Junna for being tanned and voiced by Sora Tokui. There's no "best" here, it's all about how they support each other.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 21:19   Link #912
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I like all of them, just for very different reasons. Aki for being a great robot fangirl, Frau/Kona for being a netizen, and even Junna for being tanned and voiced by Sora Tokui. There's no "best" here, it's all about how they support each other.
Hey man, that's your opinion. Doesn't make mine invalid.

The cast does support each other, but Frau is perhaps my favorite female character.

And let's face it, in terms of the far less important romance aspect, she's winning.

Old 2013-01-31, 02:26   Link #913
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post

And let's face it, in terms of the far less important romance aspect, she's winning.
^This. I too support Frau x Kai. She's smart, more mature (not taking the robot fangirl thing to extremes), sexy and wealthy. She even snagged the first kiss.

Aki just has this childhood friend thing going on and hasn't done anything more. She comes off more as a robot fangirl with a dash of chuni byo. Aki is the female character that I like the least in this title.

If you don't work for it, you don't deserve it imo. Frau is working on it. Go Frau!
Old 2013-01-31, 09:38   Link #914
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
more mature
"I have issues, need cut my wrists". Basement based fujoshi. So mature.
Quote:
Aki just has this childhood friend thing going on and hasn't done anything more.
Just? Childhood friend element is always mentioned as strong bond.
You are also forgetting that their similar sickness hasn't been resolved yet.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:38   Link #915
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
"I have issues, need cut my wrists". Basement based fujoshi. So mature.
Lots of adults go that route to resolve issues when it's overwhelming and they don't think they have support. And fujoshi can also be adults.

Quote:
Just? Childhood friend element is always mentioned as strong bond.
You are also forgetting that their similar sickness hasn't been resolved yet.
But nothing's happened after that. No dating. No sex. Nada. He's friend-zoned.

He's manned up thru out the series. He's on the floor with a girl on top and had a woody. He also got his first kiss and possibly more. Chuni byo is resolved.

And..it's not like he pushed Frau away when she grabbed his arm. That is a "couple" sign.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:47   Link #916
bastek66

Quote:
Lots of adults go that route to resolve issues when it's overwhelming and they don't think they have support. And fujoshi can also be adults.
She is younger then Kai, she isn't adult nor mature.

Quote:
But nothing's happened after that. No dating. No sex. Nada. He's friend-zoned.

He's on the floor with a girl on top and had a woody. He also got his first kiss and possibly more. Chuni byo is resolved.

And..it's not like he pushed Frau away when she grabbed his arm. That is a "couple" sign.
He was uncouncious, he probably doesn't know he was kissed. I won't be surprised if whole thing will be ignored since it would mess up with adaptation's source.
Besides her arc ended. Next is about different girl
Old 2013-01-31, 10:59   Link #917
orion

Quote:
She is younger then Kai, she isn't adult nor mature.

He was uncouncious, he probably doesn't know he was kissed. I won't be surprised if whole thing will be ignored since it would mess up with adaptation's source.
Besides her arc ended. Next is about different girl
You're the one who mentioned adult and mature with regards to committing suicide and fujoshi.

He got kissed in the mouth. He prob knows what was happening.

And... deviation from source material isn't new for adaptations if it gets to the desired ending. It is possible to solve another girl's issues and still have a relationship with one of the girls. Kanon anime did it.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:14   Link #918
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're the one who mentioned adult and mature with regards to committing suicide and fujoshi.

He got kissed in the mouth. He prob knows what was happening.

And... deviation from source material isn't new for adaptations if it gets to the desired ending. It is possible to solve another girl's issues and still have a relationship with one of the girls. Kanon anime did it.
This. It tends to be a KEY staple, especially, but other companies do it as well.

It tends to be one of the better formats when adapted into anime as well, usually.

And I agree with you, orion. That's exactly the issue. It isn't a matter of Aki and Kai being childhood friends, and that being a strong bond in-and-of itself. There's a difference between being seen as a 'friend', a 'childhood friend', a 'best friend' and being seen as a 'WOMAN'.

Old 2013-01-31, 11:31   Link #919
bastek66

Quote:
Except they are adapting long running "SciAdv" series not romance VN so they must follow True ending.
Spoiler for not sure if spoiler is needed:
Old 2013-01-31, 11:36   Link #920
orion

Quote:
Except they are adapting long running "SciAdv" series not romance VN so they must follow True ending.
Spoiler for not sure if spoiler is needed:
So... there are multiple endings to a game. Take Clannad and Air. The anime series got one ending. The movies got another ending. And with Clannad, some of the other endings got OVAs.

And with Shuffle, the most popular girl with all subgroups got the anime ending.

In the end, the ending that you are used to viewing is prob the most profitable ending to animate. The anime is just a promotion for the franchise. They can say "Watch this ending and play the game for your favorite ending." or "Watch this ending and read the manga and buy the audio dramas for more from the ending that you like.".

Tags
science fiction