3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-04, 15:50   Link #61
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
First: Just because a girl doesn't fight in a Mobile Suit or actively in the military doesn't make her useless. For example: Frau Bow in MSG was very good help as a medic. And she even encouraged Amuro to snap out from his EMO-ness.

Second: In the past, I already replied to some poster that belittle the women in Gundams. You can consider it as my reply to your post too. See below:
If you are content with Aina end up like Frau Bow then good for you. I won't question you for it. Let's just say I won't be impressed (if you really dislike the term useless). The most I can see Aina can become would be something like Relena Darlian or Lacus Clyne and I wouldn't call that impressive either.

Christina Mackenzie........ You see, I like her a lot. But look at her screentime, very little. And she spent most of the series as an innocent neighbor girl. It took the last minute of the very last episode to reveal that she is actually Gundam pilot all along. My feeling ? Wow, that was cool. I wish she got more screentime. Yes, I do understand why she didn't. It's because 0080 is a story about Al, a kid who suddenly face actual war. She is not a focus. That is precisely it. Women seldom get focused in Gundam seires. And I doubt it will change this time around.

We can go on and on about other female characters but it will be quite off topic. As Aina won't become like them anyway.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:08   Link #62
askara

yay first great proper gundam series since Gundam 00.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:10   Link #63
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Has it been stated how old the Third Group is? I'm just wondering because Mika is really short.
At first, I would've blamed it on malnutrition, but his muscles clearly go against that explanation. Height also has to do with genetics, not just age.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:44   Link #64
cyth
Banned

Damn, the grit is real. Finally, a Gundam series where pilots aren't effeminate or emotionally unstable whiners.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:54   Link #65
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That's probabaly because Mikazuki has undergone the Alaya-Vignana treatment three times and survived according to the HG 1/144 Gundam Barbatos manual. I think increases their spatial awareness or something.
I guess that kinda explains Biscuit sensing the other reactor if the treatment gives them abilities? Was wondering what was up with that....
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 17:41   Link #66
Skye629

Bummed that this does not work on YT, oh well. So is this series gonna be airing in the same timeslot every week?

I also noticed most of the footage they used from the trailers was from this episode, thats nice they did not give away much

Great start imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
I see... true to the world setting given to us, due to the tremendous strain on the pilot (see blood on Mikazuki), Gundams have even become "white elephants" like relics to those who can't use it, the main forces just freaking left it behind when they escaped! Yeah I mean it's funny to think about....
Actually the main reason they left it behind are: 1. It would have immediately have signaled everyone that they were fleeing, since the base power would have instantly been cut off. 2. Im pretty sure the enemy would have noticed a giant white MS being carted around if they tired to escape with it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I feel lost even though I'm not. I actively avoided announcements and trailers aside from the first to keep my mind as open as possible. Most Gundam series take thirty seconds to a minute to explain the factions fighting and why, here.... Not so much. The only other series that didn't do this were Turn A (insert eye roll here) and G-Reco. Who is fighting who? Any particular reason why Mars wants to be independent? What is Gjallhorn's role? Where did Barbatos Gundam come from? (granted I do know it's an old machine that was recovered, but every Gundam series that introduces a new timeline attempts to world build, it's one of Japan's mascot sci-fi stories!). It also has my colossal pet peeve of "no opening theme and here it is in the ending credits in the first episode" shtick a lot of modern anime try too hard to appeal to.... Actually who is that made for? It doesn't draw me in, it makes you look unprofessional and unable to time episodes properly. Fortunately SOME anime these days finally went back to the basic standard of "here is the opening and ending sequences with their themes in their proper places even in the first episode". You are not a prologue, you are the first episode.
Yeah....I suggest you go back and at the VERY LEAST watch Trailer 2. It gives an extremely basic rundown on the timeline and factions while also naming all the characters mixed in with
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 17:44   Link #67
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

Yeah....I suggest you go back and at the VERY LEAST watch Trailer 2. It gives an extremely basic rundown on the timeline and factions while also naming all the characters mixed in with
S/he shouldn't really have to, though. That information should really be in the first episode, not the trailers.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 17:56   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
If you are content with Aina end up like Frau Bow then good for you. I won't question you for it. Let's just say I won't be impressed (if you really dislike the term useless)......
Yes, I dislike the term "useless" since it implies that the character can't do anything right, has little to no purpose or function in the story and only drag the story down (which Frau Bow is not. She is the beloved & important part of WB crew that struggled with the rest of them). Like I said in my post, the worst offender of useless female characters are the women that became the wives of the Gundam pilots in AGE. Even Fllay is not that useless.
Old 2015-10-04, 18:19   Link #69
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so anyone else finds Danji's actions that resulted in his fate being stupid? yeah i know you were the bravest of them all but at least chill out man, you can try again another day without wasting your very own life because you failed today.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 18:56   Link #70
Irenesharda

This was a great first epsiode, I like all the orphan boys and I hope this stays on course. It's so refreshing after G-Reco.

Mika and Orga are cool, though Orga is the coolest of the two. Princess girl annoyed me at first since she seemed presumptuous, but I'm loved her talk with Mika and how he put her in her place without meaning to. She wants to share their pain, but doesn't even know the half of what they've went through. We'll see how her character grows in the show, and if she'll make the famous or the infamous Gundam Gals list.

But now the question is: Who shall be the Char Clone?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 19:24   Link #71
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i like it. it has a lot of potential and the bar has been set high by the first ep. though the story line is a bit meh, particularly because aldnoah did the princess from mars thing already.

i disagree with people saying they should have talked about factions and stuff right off the get go. the slower reveal and the twists and turns make for better story telling. if you want info, go read a synopsis.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 19:32   Link #72
brightman
Ancient Member

Gundam is back! A very strong start to this show, probably one of the strongest yet in Gundam, and its ripe with potential, this one... Great characters, great designs, great combat, tons of dramatic potential and the political intrigue. Its like they took a look at everything that they've done right and wrong the last couple of decades and are trying to make something that just works, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel like they've been doing since 00. Hope to see more from this for sure.
Old 2015-10-04, 19:35   Link #73
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
so anyone else finds Danji's actions that resulted in his fate being stupid?
I felt sorry for him lol. He was trying to be gung-ho and fight through his fears, but he was in tears throughout the battle. He saw the base being attacked and wanted to protect his friends but, well......
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 19:36   Link #74
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Most Gundam girls are useless? I guess you haven't seen any Gundam before SEED Destiny? Heck, g 00 has badass Soma Peries and the tactician Sumeragi, and GBF/T has Aila & Fumina.
You forgot to mention Dianna Soriel and Kihel Heim
Old 2015-10-04, 19:43   Link #75
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
yay first great proper gundam series since Gundam 00.
Definitely I hope it continues at this pace.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 19:46   Link #76
Shlugo

really, really liked the first episode! It did good job establishing the characters, and showing their lives and relations. The political background is bit vague beyond "Mars wants independence, Earth doesn't want it to be independent." but since this is Gundam, it will be greatly expanded in the near future. There's also some talk about technology.

The main characters are interesting group, sort of band of brothers who know they can count only on each other. While Orga appears to be the leader Mikazuki is the ace of the group and the two seems to be very close knit. Mikazuki has this calm but no-nonsense attitude, that could prove interesting in Gundam pilot.

I really like Aina! She has the right ideas and attitude, but seems to be bit sheltered and will probably have to learn a thing or two through her character arc. She has makings of excellent heroine.

The action was great, especially at the end, when Barbatos showed up. Can't wait for the next episode, to see more of it.

This could be the Gundam series I've been waiting years for, as long as they can keep it as good as this episode promises.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 20:00   Link #77
IceHism

Wow, this was a lot more bleak than I would have expected from a Okada mari + nagai work. All the male characters seem to ooze masculinity which is an interesting thing to see for me. The princess is naive but I can see a lot of potential development. Though i hope that they do something new in developing the princess instead of the usual.

Great action and there was so much information here but i felt that the show was still engaging and easy to watch.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 20:29   Link #78
Skaddix

Thought Biscuit would be a joke seems comptent though and the book smart one.

Orga as the Tactical Genius and Mika as the Ace.... Reminds me of Lelouch and Suzaki I guess.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 20:34   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That "CLANG!" sound when the gundam connected with its weapon was so satisfying. It really did sound like a giant mechanized suit banging on another, and with Mika doing it to that guy just made it more exhilarating. I dunno, it's a very nice change of pace from lazer swords cleanly cutting enemy units, rapid-fire gun noises, or explosions everywhere with missiles in other mecha anime. I can't think of any other mecha title that goes with blunt weapons, so this feels like unique from all the recent titles. I like it!

I haven't been pumped up for a Gundam since 00. I have only an inkling of what is going on politically since it did go a bit fast, but the mobile armor vs mobile armor battle was fantastic. Heck, it's even believable that those puny guns that they're equipped with can't do nothing against mobile suits, unlike other titles where face-on mobile armor artillery hits don't do crap against suits because of plot armor. So I'm really digging this show, and considering what a weak cour this from the previews, I highly doubt anything is going to impress me more with their pilot episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 21:08   Link #80
Fairy Water

The first ep is good! I hope they could get better and better from now on!

While the chemistry between Orga and Mika is the light of this series, but that's why I feel Orga's death flag is raise high enough since ep 1. But I don't think he will die soon.

Still, how could they left a gundam back at the base and runaway like that? They should have known gundam is the ticket to victory -_-
Anyway, I would love to know who create Barbatos and how they have it.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote