Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 01:44   Link #1
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

[Multi] EA/DICE Battlefield V

So...yeah, the live announcement will be made in a couple of days, on May 23.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-5

You'll be able to watch it on this (for now, still inactive) live stream:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

You'll also be able to watch it on Twitch and Mixer.

Rumor has it DICE wants to continue the War Stories format they used in Battlefield 1 and that it'll once again be a historical conflict, but both claims are unverified. Not much is known right now.
Old 2018-05-19, 12:49   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm positive it's gonna be WII. The V could be a big hint of that.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 04:35   Link #3
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

Goes live in 33 hours.
Old 2018-05-22, 08:39   Link #4
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

whoa, he's really in your face.
Old 2018-05-23, 10:07   Link #5
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The factions likely give away a WWII setting. I was hoping for a Korean or Vietnam War setting, but WWII might mean being able to run around with the Gertrude Barkhorn loadout. Only a few more hours left to the reveal, and we'll know for sure then.
Old 2018-05-23, 15:15   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I was likewise hoping for Korea or even Vietnam, instead of the overdone WW2...but yeah, it's back to WW2.
  • BF3's co-op mode makes a return in the form of "Combined Arms".
  • War Stories locations will include Middle East or Africa (El Alamein?), Rotterdam and Scandinavia (the British mission to destroy the heavy water research plant?), Italy and maybe France.
  • One of the SP protagonists will be a female resistance fighter.
  • "Secret weapons" can be unlocked.
  • Tanks will include Sturmtiger, Churchill, Panzer IV...
  • More cosmetic customization for your soldier avatar.
  • NO MORE PREMIUM PASS.
  • NO EXPANSION PACKS.
  • Will use a chaptered story built over time (I might've misunderstood this because I was hitting a lagspike at that moment, though).

Will update as I watch. Still no trailer, just a lot of pointless yapping and weak Trevor Noah humor.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-05-23 at 15:38. Reason: How could I possibly mistake a Churchill for a Matilda II? *facepalm*
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 15:19   Link #7
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Excellent. Girls und Panzer done right. Hopefully, there's a Pacific theatre, too.
Old 2018-05-23, 15:30   Link #8
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

...Yeah, that's the MP mode.

Some interesting stuff was shown and/or hinted at, but that live event, on the whole, was underwhelming.
Old 2018-05-23, 20:11   Link #9
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
What the hell did I just watch....?

That looks... awful.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 20:24   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So it's back to WW2.
Old 2018-05-23, 21:32   Link #11
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Looks interesting. The lady with the hook looks pretty cool.
Old 2018-05-23, 21:41   Link #12
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The trailer hasn't impacted my decision to buy or hold back. That decision boils down to whether or not the game in practise works out. If it does, we'll have a true "Girls und Panzer in Frostbite Engine" deal, and that would be fun.
Old 2018-05-24, 01:47   Link #13
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
What the hell did I just watch....?

That looks... awful.
The disorganization in the trailer is rather jarring; while it is true that mayhem is an integral part of the Battlefield experience (especially in the later iterations thereof, starting with the introduction of destructible environment), this is actually more reminiscent of Team Deathmatch on Noshahr Canal than the classical Conquest Large we all know and love, never mind the presence of drivable vehicles. It is so chaotic I even wondered how the hell could I identify friend from foe...a question that is even more paramount now that DICE has added significantly extensively cosmetic customization to BF5.

Either way the "trailer" (I don't consider it a perfect representation of multiplayer, due to its highly scripted nature; we'll have to wait for proper MP footage) is a far cry from the previous Battlefield presentations; even the BF4 multiplayer reveal at E3 2013, while extremely scripted, was far more emphatic on the more methodical, smarter gameplay style. This is just mayhem.

Either way, we're not the only ones a bit startled by the messy character of the trailer: some in the comments were even going as far as calling BF5 "Battlenite" or "Fortfield" instead of pure "Battlefield".
Old 2018-05-24, 05:43   Link #14
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Jackfrags made a way better video explaining the currently known features of the game.
In a nutshell: it would be less run-and-gun and more strategic planning on every action and reaction.

It could turn out great for players who wanted something that's less gungho than Call of Duty, that's for sure.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 07:07   Link #15
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Eh, I'd always err on the side of caution when developers (especially FPS developers) claim that some new feature will encourage "more planning" and yadda yadda. Case in point: BF4 brought back Commander Mode to reintroduce the tactical/strategic planning feel from BF2, and it turned out to be little more than a nothing burger. And Levolution, which would change the "ways we play the game"? In some maps, it became a right nuisance (the tower ruins in Siege of Shanghai, the sandstorm in Gulf of Oman).

Besides, they reduced TTK (time to kill) by a certain margin with BF1, so I'm not sure gunplay will step aside or mitigate itself for more "thoughtful" features. And then we have of course the playerbase which needs to reminded, every couple of matches, to wake up and PTFO. Fortification sounds like an interesting concept, but I'd like more details on that before issuing my opinion on it.

Anyway, I'll wait for the proper MP reveal, that trailer above is just a scripted, disorganized appetizer.
Old 2018-05-24, 10:05   Link #16
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

it's most likely gonna be at E3.
Old 2018-05-24, 15:43   Link #17
zibi88

They said that at E3 there will be a playable multiplayer so people could jump in and try it.

The trailer was just showing few new mechanics like:

- more squad play (better the play the more points gain and better perks to call to aid: like that bomb)
- heavy caliber can pierce walls
- everyone can revive but its very limited, so medic is still the one to get one to 100% feet
- we can drag out fallen companions to safety in order to get revived
- we can shoot thrown granades to detonate them midair
- sandbangs were for fortifications
- tank was towing a stationary gun, so now we can move those as we please to a specific area to help us in fight (like tank towing AA gun to help watch the sky)
- mostly we can prone flat but on our backs so we can shoot back in such position

So yeah they are testing new possibilities, so maybe those mechanics could be used in next games but in modern times.

Anyway we should just wait for E3 to see everything in full glory and get our opinion on it correctly.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 19:06   Link #18
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The disorganization in the trailer is rather jarring; while it is true that mayhem is an integral part of the Battlefield experience (especially in the later iterations thereof, starting with the introduction of destructible environment), this is actually more reminiscent of Team Deathmatch on Noshahr Canal than the classical Conquest Large we all know and love, never mind the presence of drivable vehicles. It is so chaotic I even wondered how the hell could I identify friend from foe...a question that is even more paramount now that DICE has added significantly extensively cosmetic customization to BF5.

Either way the "trailer" (I don't consider it a perfect representation of multiplayer, due to its highly scripted nature; we'll have to wait for proper MP footage) is a far cry from the previous Battlefield presentations; even the BF4 multiplayer reveal at E3 2013, while extremely scripted, was far more emphatic on the more methodical, smarter gameplay style. This is just mayhem.

Either way, we're not the only ones a bit startled by the messy character of the trailer: some in the comments were even going as far as calling BF5 "Battlenite" or "Fortfield" instead of pure "Battlefield".
It's not that it was chaotic. It just looks like a terrible game.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 14:21   Link #19
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Terrible game? Disorganised? Awful? Maybe the old trailer was, but just wait until you see real Battlefield V trailer. This should've been what they revealed last time, but whatever: the game looks a helluva more promising now.

YouTube

Oh, and here's some proper gameplay from EA Play:

YouTube
Old 2018-06-13, 21:40   Link #20
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Hey ho~! Just a fan of Battlefield here~!

Just gonna question some things~

Why is some people are bickering about the 'Female Soldier' included in the game~?
I heard some things like "It's not historically accurate" and other things like that~
From what I can feel it's more like discrimination~
And some developers said "It's just a game" so people don't have to get so noisy about that~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, battlefield 5