AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 09:32   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Attack on Titan - Character Discussion - Armin

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Armin related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Attack on Titan fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:47   Link #2
Flolan

Armin... there is something i want to confess. For the longest time i thought you were a girl. Im sorry!
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:49   Link #3
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Armin... there is something i want to confess. For the longest time i thought you were a girl. Im sorry!
There are still some that hold strong to the hope that he secretly is one.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:29   Link #4
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l clicked on the wrong thread...this was meant to be posted at the eren....

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2013-04-29 at 02:06.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:33   Link #5
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
He is a big douche to Mikasa...l don't like him for it...
Armin!? To Mikasa? Are you sure you aren't mistaking it for Eren? (though he's not really a douche either, she's clingy and he hates it)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:29   Link #6
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
He is a big douche to Mikasa...l don't like him for it...
When was Armin ever a douche to Mikasa?

Did I miss something here?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 07:13   Link #7
Folenfant
Banned

This guy is a hugely underrated team member and may possibly be L-11 tier (at least in terms of tactical prowess while Mikasa fills out the super soldier half of the equation) when it comes to working out improbably successful countermeasures to seemingly inescapable situations with limited resources.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 14:24   Link #8
darklegends8

Seeing as he's really the only graduate who thinks beyond general fighting tactics, I'm sure he'll be doing plenty in the future in regards to strategy.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 16:53   Link #9
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
This guy is a hugely underrated team member and may possibly be L-11 tier (at least in terms of tactical prowess while Mikasa fills out the super soldier half of the equation) when it comes to working out improbably successful countermeasures to seemingly inescapable situations with limited resources.
Well, he was named for a master tactician and warrior:

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Arminius (18/17 BC – AD 21), also known as Armin or Hermann (Arminius being a Latinization, similar to Brennus), was a chieftain of the Germanic Cherusci who defeated a Roman army in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
And with that hat said, he had better launch an epic ambush attack on a group of Titans, preferably in a forest...
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 16:54   Link #10
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

I think Armin isnt smart at all .. I mean like he should have figured by now that Eren isnt gay at all , so why does he keep on trying ?
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 23:47   Link #11
Raevell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
I think Armin isnt smart at all .. I mean like he should have figured by now that Eren isnt gay at all , so why does he keep on trying ?
Really? When has Eren given us any clear signs of his sexuality?

On that note, am I the only one who really loves the friendship Armin has with Eren? Like, so many shounen animes have it where the best friends are more like friendly rivals. Armin and Eren aren't in any sort of competition with one another. It seems refreshing to me.
Raevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:58   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Genius tactician

and for laughs

Old 2013-06-04, 12:56   Link #13
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevell View Post
Really? When has Eren given us any clear signs of his sexuality?

On that note, am I the only one who really loves the friendship Armin has with Eren? Like, so many shounen animes have it where the best friends are more like friendly rivals. Armin and Eren aren't in any sort of competition with one another. It seems refreshing to me.
I mean like if you put Naruto and Armin in one room and you paint Naruto's face like Eren and Armin's face like Sasuke there would definently be some gay activities going on in that room ......
Old 2013-06-04, 14:01   Link #14
saravis

Quote:
I mean like if you put Naruto and Armin in one room and you paint Naruto's face like Eren and Armin's face like Sasuke there would definently be some gay activities going on in that room ......
Only in yaoi doujinshi fantasies.
Whatever happened to the term "brotherly love"?
Old 2013-06-04, 18:09   Link #15
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Well lets be honest, The way Armin is always concerned about how Eren is doing pushes the bounderies of what you call brotherly love right especially since Eren and Armin arent even family
Old 2013-06-04, 18:34   Link #16
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Well lets be honest, The way Armin is always concerned about how Eren is doing pushes the bounderies of what you call brotherly love right especially since Eren and Armin arent even family
I think the author definitely had fujoshis in mind when he created the character of Armin.

They are understandably close since all 3 of them lost their parents and basically all they had was each other. But yea, Armin looks like an infatuated fangirl the way he looks like Eren.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 21:48   Link #17
saravis

Quote:
Brotherly love has absolutely nothing to do with being literal brothers, its when guys have a bond with each other that's so strong you could equate them to being brothers, in other words they love each other like brothers. Society far too commonly mistakes that sort of love for being homo-erotic. Whether that's the case or not with Armin, I only watch the show and so far I would say that is the case.
Old 2013-06-05, 07:57   Link #18
Raevell

Quote:
Eren doesn't seem to have a problem with any of it. I don't think anything Armin's done has been out of line. I don't see there being any reason for him to 'back off', lol.

The fangirl in me totally loves the idea of Armin having feelings for Eren beyond friendship and while the author might be throwing in some stuff for the sake of fujoshi, I'm curious if he would actually go so far to say that Armin is in love with Eren.
Raevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:59   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

"Attack on Titan" Joke Inspires Bunny Girl Armin Fan Art

Hello Usamin!
Old 2013-06-09, 09:49   Link #20
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevell View Post
Eren doesn't seem to have a problem with any of it. I don't think anything Armin's done has been out of line. I don't see there being any reason for him to 'back off', lol.

The fangirl in me totally loves the idea of Armin having feelings for Eren beyond friendship and while the author might be throwing in some stuff for the sake of fujoshi, I'm curious if he would actually go so far to say that Armin is in love with Eren.
But really and truely if a friend of yours acted the way Armin does, it definently would raise some questions dont it ? I personally cant accept gayness maybe thats why i dont like their relationship but hey who am i to say their relationship isnt right .

But if the writer decides to go that far i immediately stop reading this manga .

Tags
characters