AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-17, 09:46   Link #21
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I guess the original series is Index while AA is Railgun?
Think more like SE and SE Not! Rather than a completely different part of the universe, it's the adventures of the B-team.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2014-12-17 at 10:05.
Old 2014-12-17, 10:08   Link #22
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Oh, no... The last thing we needed was any more of this damned series. Don't come back. Please.
I don't really understand, what did you hate about the series?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-12-17, 10:23   Link #23
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Not a 2nd season but a side story? wut
Considering the amount of hate in the novel thread over recent volumes (apparently the author's rightwing politics are creeping into the book), that might not be a bad thing.
Old 2014-12-17, 10:27   Link #24
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Frankly the people who hate hidan no aria hate it because almost none of the main characters are likable.
Aria is an annoyance beyond belief because of her illogical behavior. (Yes once u learn the logic she's forgivable but not by much).
Shirayuki is unlikable because of the fact that she's stalkerish and her jealously is borderline idiotic (plus she's kinda a psycho). (She's forgiven for those boobs E.O.D.)
Kinji is unlikable because he pretty much has one of the coolest powers in male history and yet not only does he resent the power but that great power is activated by a horrible horrible little witch.
Riko is unlikable because of the fact that her grudge with Aria is borderline idiotic understandable but idiotic. (Again forgiven for her boobs)

For those who read the full manga its different but for those who have watched the anime thats all there is to it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-17, 10:34   Link #25
Marina2

You have to agree that Hidan no aria has many great action parts that can make you forget all of those cons. (I'm talking about the novel)
Old 2014-12-17, 10:47   Link #26
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You have to agree that Hidan no aria has many great action parts that can make you forget all of those cons. (I'm talking about the novel)
The full novel yes but for those who have only watched the anime (myself included i've heard about other stuff) a lot like STnBD (until later on) Hidan no Aria is incredibly easy to hate because the characters are incredibly unlikable. Having read AA also i have to admit it may actually be WORSE then the original.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-17, 10:59   Link #27
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Frankly the people who hate hidan no aria hate it because almost none of the main characters are likable.
Aria is an annoyance beyond belief because of her illogical behavior. (Yes once u learn the logic she's forgivable but not by much).
Shirayuki is unlikable because of the fact that she's stalkerish and her jealously is borderline idiotic (plus she's kinda a psycho). (She's forgiven for those boobs E.O.D.)
Kinji is unlikable because he pretty much has one of the coolest powers in male history and yet not only does he resent the power but that great power is activated by a horrible horrible little witch.
Riko is unlikable because of the fact that her grudge with Aria is borderline idiotic understandable but idiotic. (Again forgiven for her boobs)
Those sound like reasons to like Shirayuki, actually Besides the breasts, I mean.

I don't hate the series,but ain't too interested in it due to the sheer idiocy it shows, specially when it comes to the use of myths and historic figures. There's taking creative liberties, there's being a hack,and then there's HnA.

What does anything Aria do have anything to do with any version of Sherlock Holmes ever? And lets not say anything about Kinji, some sensitive people could actually find it offensive.
Old 2014-12-17, 11:00   Link #28
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Those sound like reasons to like Shirayuki, actually Besides the breasts, I mean.

I don't hate the series,but ain't too interested in it due to the sheer idiocy it shows, specially when it comes to the use of myths and historic figures. There's taking creative liberties, there's being a hack,and then there's HnA.

What does anything Aria does have anything to do with any version of Sherlock Holmes ever? And lets not say anything about Kinji, some sensitive people could actually find it offensive.
Im saying why people could hate the show granted i dont mind the show (mostly because of the boobs not really the storyline).

Old 2014-12-17, 11:16   Link #29
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The full novel yes but for those who have only watched the anime (myself included i've heard about other stuff) a lot like STnBD (until later on) Hidan no Aria is incredibly easy to hate because the characters are incredibly unlikable. Having read AA also i have to admit it may actually be WORSE then the original.
Really? I'm not hating anyone in the spinoff so far, though that might because there's no reincarnation idiocy around. And I do like some of the stuff its doing, even if its only becuase of my personal bias.

Quote:
Im saying why people could hate the show granted i dont mind the show (mostly because of the boobs not really the storyline).
Oh, ok. Sorry.

Riko's breasts were that big...?

Wait, I see now. AA barely has any fanservice of that kind
Old 2014-12-17, 11:26   Link #30
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Really? I'm not hating anyone in the spinoff so far, though that might because there's no reincarnation idiocy around. And I do like some of the stuff its doing, even if its only becuase of my personal bias.

Oh, ok. Sorry.

Riko's breasts were that big...?

Wait, I see now. AA barely has any fanservice of that kind
Eh thats not why i think my problem is 1. I cant see how anybody can idolize Aria in the first place. 2. The girls themselves just seem like copies of characters from the original show.

Old 2014-12-17, 11:30   Link #31
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
*whispers* ...Everything.

Quote:
Exactly one of my many, many reasons. Though, I've actually barely touched the anime. You see, at the time, I was looking for an especially painful experience. So I read what I could find of the novels. I thought, "Maybe it will surprise me!" It didn't.

I watched the first two episodes for the sheer sake of comparison, then never looked back. That thing's gotten way more chances out of me than it deserves.
Old 2014-12-17, 12:04   Link #32
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Eh thats not why i think my problem is 1. I cant see how anybody can idolize Aria in the first place. 2. The girls themselves just seem like copies of characters from the original show.
1.Easy. Don't be aware of her tsundere side and overall jerkish personality, then all you have is a badass dual weilding secret agent living in her own huge apartment.

2.Yeah, that's something I've noticed, (my favorite character really feels like not-Shirayuki) but since the protagonist isn't Kinji, I don't mind much. That's my bias, I always try to believe in series that ditch the male MC. Also, not much magical stupidity, which makes a big difference to me.
Old 2014-12-17, 12:05   Link #33
xizro345
King's Justice

I don't know what to think. Didn't the original author imply the series didn't sell enough to justify anything else? If so, I wonder why this spinoff has been greenlighted in the first place.
Old 2014-12-17, 12:15   Link #34
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
1.Easy. Don't be aware of her tsundere side and overall jerkish personality, then all you have is a badass dual weilding secret agent living in her own huge apartment.

2.Yeah, that's something I've noticed, (my favorite character really feels like not-Shirayuki) but since the protagonist isn't Kinji, I don't mind much. That's my bias, I always try to believe in series that ditch the male MC. Also, not much magical stupidity, which makes a big difference to me.
1. If it was her apartment that'd be one thing she forced herself into Kinji's and frankly she did it because of her overall jerkish personality and her idiocy.

So your complaint is that they've taken really cool historical figures and mocked them completely

Old 2014-12-17, 12:49   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You want a series with mostly girls to play it straight?

But really, what do you mean? Let me tell you, the spinoff has very little fanservice, given the MC is no male or lolicon.

In simpler terms, think of Soul Eater Not! with many less cameos and more actual fighting.
Ah sorry, what I meant is by 'playing it straight' is like taking itself somewhat serious- not completely serious of course, but you know... Don't IS it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I don't know what to think. Didn't the original author imply the series didn't sell enough to justify anything else? If so, I wonder why this spinoff has been greenlighted in the first place.
Actually the LN sold decently last I checked... Which was a year ago.

It used to be around the range of 60k in the first month? Don't quote me on that.
Old 2014-12-17, 12:57   Link #36
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I thought kugrie tsunderes were out of meta much like giant cell phones and disco.

Zombie revival time!

P.S. I hope they will have more Riko art. Hopefully not like the image in the OP because that ranks pretty high on the derp scale.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-12-17, 13:25   Link #37
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I thought kugrie tsunderes were out of meta much like giant cell phones and disco.

Zombie revival time!

P.S. I hope they will have more Riko art. Hopefully not like the image in the OP because that ranks pretty high on the derp scale.
Aria barely appears in the story, though, and doesn't even act tsundere, more like an actual sempai, at least as far as I've read.

Quote:
1. If it was her apartment that'd be one thing she forced herself into Kinji's and frankly she did it because of her overall jerkish personality and her idiocy.

So your complaint is that they've taken really cool historical figures and mocked them completely
Ah, I had forgotten about that. Well, there's still the agent part. Think of it like those generic fangirls in shoujo manga, but less agressive. All they see is a cool, mysterious character, not a colossal jerk.

It's more like wasted potential. I don't mind twisting the hell out of historical figures, or doing crazy stuff in general, but in this case it seems to be done with zero effort, not even to pander to a certain niche, like, you could have this exact characters with a different explanation to their powers and it would change nothing about them or the story. And they (the historic and mythical figures) are used so sloppily it sounds honestly boring as hell.

Going crazy with some effort gives you silly but awesome stuff. Going crazy with no effort gives you random boring crap that just makes you frown in disdain.

Mind you, even stuff like this could be forgiven if the characters were likable enough, at least in my opinion, but that doesn't seem to be your case. Mind you, what I just said doesn't come from an in-depth analysis of the whole story, maybe my opinion would be different if I checked more of what happens later, I don't know.

But judging from spoilers I've read... I'll stick to Index and other generic fantasy LNs, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah sorry, what I meant is by 'playing it straight' is like taking itself somewhat serious- not completely serious of course, but you know... Don't IS it up.

Actually the LN sold decently last I checked... Which was a year ago.

It used to be around the range of 60k in the first month? Don't quote me on that.
Wow, those are good numbers.

I doubt there will be entire episodes dedicated to fanservice, so don't worry, it won't fail so hard.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2014-12-17 at 13:36.
Old 2014-12-17, 13:33   Link #38
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Ah, I had forgotten about that. Well, there's still the agent part. Think of it like those generic fangirls in shoujo manga, but less agressive. All they see is a cool, mysterious character, not a colossal jerk.

It's more like wasted potential. I don't mind twisting the hell out of historical figures, or doing crazy stuff in general, but in this case it seems to be done with zero effort, not even to pander to a certain niche, like, you could have this exact characters with a different explanation to their powers and it would change nothing about them or the story. And they (the historic and mythical figures) are used so sloppily it sounds honestly boring as hell.

Going crazy with some effort gives you silly but awesome stuff. Going crazy with no effort gives you random boring crap that just makes you frown in disdain.

Mind you, even stuff like this could be forgiven if the characters were likable enough, at least in my opinion, but that doesn't seem to be your case. Maybe my opinion would be different if I chwcked more of what happens later, I don't know.
How about this and believe me this will be difficult but try it. I believe you gave up after 2 episodes alright fine i dont blame you but watch every episode of the 1st season either in your local dubbing or subtitles doesnt matter then come back and tell me if you still can see why most of the people who hate Hidan No Aria hate it and if there's any justification for Aria being liked. I warn you it will be tormentin so bare with it

Old 2014-12-17, 15:15   Link #39
Pablete
Banned

Hidan no Aria Not! could be the tittle as well.
Old 2014-12-17, 22:06   Link #40
Strikefreedom117

was bad, but want sequel not spin off
Closed Thread