AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-10-09, 22:05   Link #61
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bloodstream
Age: 68
I liked the educational aspects of this show, her presentation about the skull in particular. I found her claim about changes in human skeletal structures over the course of just one century unconvincing, but I'm willing to be proved wrong. The decayed tooth was more plausible, but I'm sure you could find examples of impoverished modern humans with equal amounts of decay. Maybe Japan doesn't have poor homeless in the numbers we do in the US?

Wouldn't washed-up bodies be autopsied as standard practice?

I do like listening to voices like Itou's with that sexy lower pitch. Much more appealing to me than voices like we hear in something like Hackadoll.

Please, though, Sakurano-san, don't kiss the boy like Clare. That would weaken the story for me like it did in Claymore.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 00:52   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard396 View Post
I can't see her marrying the fiance seems like some arranged thing I hope she will develope feelings for shoutarou
Besides, it would not be politically correct for him to be married to someone who is obviously trouble.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 03:15   Link #63
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Entre caníbales...
Age: 25
Quote:
Wouldn't washed-up bodies be autopsied as standard practice?
Yes, they would be, but seeing as how the one who determined cause of death wasn't a coroner but a plain clothes detective, the writers probably figured that they may as well make the police incompetent all the way through
__________________
Tómate el tiempo en desmenuzarme...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 06:21   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I think just like Gosick before it, this show will be criticized for all of its “unrealistic-ness” and “weak mysteries” and “annoying male MC” (even though he’s the one that behave normally compared to the “eccentric detective girl”). But also like Gosick, I find the overall execution to be quite lovely so far and I was thoroughly entertained. Definitely a keeper for me.

TLDR: Since Kujo loves bones to death, I wonder how she would react if she can meet Momonga/Ains Ooal Gown from Overlord. I think she’ll be beyond fascinated, enough to give Albedo a run for her money
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 08:34   Link #65
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
This is annoying. I want the guy dead and unlike gosick.I actually like the samurai boy there. There was a reason given his background but here? The guy is annoying piece of crap that likes the older girl.

The older girl is nice when he starts saying his love for bones and explaining the mystery but it become annoying when he become tsundere and start pouting. Its not funny at all.

Plus I don't have any information prior to watching the episode so I didn't know that the summary was said that the annoying mc has her as girlfriend. Please not make it happen. Its not funny at all.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 15:34   Link #66
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Well the educational segments about bones are very informative. Though I guess you do need to suspend disbelief to buy the fact Sakurano can act like that during an investigation.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:11   Link #67
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bloodstream
Age: 68
I will mention one thing that annoyed me about the direction in this show. When the girl who helps with the cat is introduced, the first thing we see is her bust. The "male gaze" perspective is a bit less pronounced when Sakurako is introduced, but we see her first from the back and from a distance. The first close-up of her displays her body in profile where, again, her bust is the most prominent object in the screen. Only then do we see her face. Both woman are pretty amply endowed, too.

Now this could just be the usual pandering that happens in much of anime; if so, I hope we see less of it. Or is the director suggesting that the first thing that attracts a young man's attention is a woman's bustline? If so, that doesn't seem to mesh with Shotarou's rather sexless character.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 22:50   Link #68
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Well, that girl has a nice pair too. It's just that Sakurako-san is more like a complete package.
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 34. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 05:47   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I liked the educational aspects of this show, her presentation about the skull in particular. I found her claim about changes in human skeletal structures over the course of just one century unconvincing, but I'm willing to be proved wrong. The decayed tooth was more plausible, but I'm sure you could find examples of impoverished modern humans with equal amounts of decay. Maybe Japan doesn't have poor homeless in the numbers we do in the US?
She was just playing the odds. Plus:
- nowadays, bad teeth and a total absence of modern dentistry has to be pretty rare in developed countries, even among the poor. Though I suppose it'd depend on the country's healthcare.
- there may have been other clues, but the teeth were the easiest to explain to laymen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:43   Link #70
EroKing
Version 6.9
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 09:42   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 33
As someone who also stares at bones all day, I can tell they did a lot of research since the sutures on that skull are actually anatomically correct and her description of the body of the sphenoid bone are actually sometimes used medically.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 09:45   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Should I be worried over that photo of Sakurako even though she looks hot?

Please advice.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 09:53   Link #73
TrienDarkform
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She was just playing the odds. Plus:
- nowadays, bad teeth and a total absence of modern dentistry has to be pretty rare in developed countries, even among the poor. Though I suppose it'd depend on the country's healthcare.
- there may have been other clues, but the teeth were the easiest to explain to laymen.
Bad decay is still very common in developed countries unfortunately. Even if you exclude the poor, there's plenty who still neglect their teeth, whether it be out of ignorance, or sometimes fear. (Also, often see really bad dental situations in people involved with various illicit drugs).

The wear on the teeth was a better thing to look at, from a realism standpoint; teeth wear patterns are different with a coarse diet compared to a modern, refined, diet. Now unfortunately, the animators drew the tooth looking like it had no wear at all... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As someone who also stares at bones all day, I can tell they did a lot of research since the sutures on that skull are actually anatomically correct and her description of the body of the sphenoid bone are actually sometimes used medically.
Yes, I quite appreciated that they took the time to get all that right. I don't mind it if the animators miss a little detail here or there (afterall, they're not likely to know the anatomy and how it changes in detail; they're likely working off reference photographs and such), and I'm happy that they did put the effort into it.

Last edited by TrienDarkform; 2015-10-12 at 20:26. Reason: Spelling
TrienDarkform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 11:03   Link #74
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Database
It's a nice start, but I can't help but be reminded of another series I saw the first episode of, tasogare otome x amnesia. It's probably because of the character design of the main girl.

Anyway, it was interesting how they focused on the sphenoid bone, it's the most interesting bone in the human body to some people of a certain persuasion after all.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 14:21   Link #75
moodie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Everything was going oh so well but every time the MC tried to butt in it was a bit of a bother. I cant help but see a future where he might ruin the show for me. Till then if they tame his ignorant interruption every now and then i can see myself loving this series.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 15:52   Link #76
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
This shows reminds me of Time Team https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Team , but with a sexier presenter!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 21:44   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
Everything was going oh so well but every time the MC tried to butt in it was a bit of a bother. I cant help but see a future where he might ruin the show for me. Till then if they tame his ignorant interruption every now and then i can see myself loving this series.
Actually, the “interruption” that the MC did (such as reporting the found skull to the police, much to Kujo’s annoyance, etc) is common sense and the right thing to do. In fact, it would be ignorant of him if he just let Kujo do whatever she wants without addressing it (at the very least) and just go along with her eccentricity. There’s really nothing new to this formula since Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson first written in literature.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 22:42   Link #78
moodie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, the “interruption” that the MC did (such as reporting the found skull to the police, much to Kujo’s annoyance, etc) is common sense and the right thing to do. In fact, it would be ignorant of him if he just let Kujo do whatever she wants without addressing it (at the very least) and just go along with her eccentricity. There’s really nothing new to this formula since Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson first written in literature.
Of course it isnt new but it doesnt make it less annoying. He is there just to pester at her and not let her get her way. Obviously this is just me projecting. But nevertheless it does take away something from me every time he does so. Personally I would have felt more comfortable with her getting her way. But the way he stops her just irks me, look I wish it didnt cuz im really digging this show but i cant help what i feel whenever it happens. He keeps preaching at her even tho she is more smarter than him. He tries to have this "pc" approach with her which you can see during the cop scene when she said something a bit orthodox but extremely interesting. And the final nail in the coffin for me was him telling her backstory out of nowhere defending her in front of the detective which felt forced imo.

There is a lot that he does that is bother me but as i said its probably just conflicting personal beliefs. But with an interesting premise like this I wish it would be allowed to be fleshed out without having the MC backtrack everything and add unnecessary comments just for the sake of having that "rational" sidekick. All I'm saying is if he stops butting heads with her I can really enjoy this anime to its fullest.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 04:17   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
Of course it isnt new but it doesnt make it less annoying. He is there just to pester at her and not let her get her way. Obviously this is just me projecting. But nevertheless it does take away something from me every time he does so. Personally I would have felt more comfortable with her getting her way. But the way he stops her just irks me, look I wish it didnt cuz im really digging this show but i cant help what i feel whenever it happens. He keeps preaching at her even tho she is more smarter than him. He tries to have this "pc" approach with her which you can see during the cop scene when she said something a bit orthodox but extremely interesting. And the final nail in the coffin for me was him telling her backstory out of nowhere defending her in front of the detective which felt forced imo.

There is a lot that he does that is bother me but as i said its probably just conflicting personal beliefs. But with an interesting premise like this I wish it would be allowed to be fleshed out without having the MC backtrack everything and add unnecessary comments just for the sake of having that "rational" sidekick. All I'm saying is if he stops butting heads with her I can really enjoy this anime to its fullest.
It's okay if you feel that way, but there is one thing that I think you unfairly accuse him of, and that is him being ignorant, when all the "interruption" that he did is everything but ignorant.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 10:54   Link #80
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Episode 2:

Hmm not bad, I kinda like the OP song.

Spoiler:
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, mystery, thriller

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.