AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

Old 2017-02-19, 11:44   Link #81
bakato

Memory loss? Really?
Old 2017-02-19, 19:31   Link #82
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

^
Spoiler for response (do not see this, if not want you spoiler):
Old 2017-02-19, 19:38   Link #83
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
^
Spoiler for response (do not see this, if not want you spoiler):
Yeah, I know. I read an impression. Also nice to see Kirito nerfed for once. His nerd lifestyle has finally come to bite him in the ass.
Old 2017-02-19, 22:29   Link #84
l.kostas

Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale's AR Yuna, LiSA Perform at Film Event
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 07:04   Link #85
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Memory loss? Really?
Some of the OST tracks titles:
LOSS OF MEMORY
loss of memory
TO FIND HER MEMORY
to find her memory
TO FIND HER MEMORY #2
to find her memory #2
HIS ANGER
his anger
I HAVE TO REGAIN HER MEMORY
I have to regain her memory

A review by someone who watched the film:
The article contains spoilers about the general plot of Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale.
Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale picks up the story of our heroes a week and a half after the end of Sword Art Online II. All in all, Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale is a welcome and necessary-feeling addition to the Sword Art Online franchise. It has all the action you’ve come to expect mixed with philosophical musings on the nature of self and memories. This in turn is wrapped in a story that further develops our heroes and strengthens their interpersonal relationships–preparing both Kirito and Asuna for the climatic trials still yet to come.

Why There Is No Sword Art Online VRMMO Game and What the Future May Bring, interview by:
Yosuke Futami, a man deeply involved with worldwide hit Sword Art Online. He’s been a producer on both seasons of the anime–as well as the upcoming theatrical film–and is one of the key visionaries for the franchise’s video game series.
Old 2017-02-20, 20:02   Link #86
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Good news SAO Ordinal Scale raised 425.762.760 of yens that equal approximately to some 3.763.742 dollars, leading to SAO as the 1 place in the top of box office Japanese
Old 2017-02-20, 20:05   Link #87
RDNexus

Well, given the amount of hype and commercial promotion that the movie has gotten, alongside the steady popularity of the franchise, I'm not surprised.
If anything, it may simply confirm that a Season3 is a viable bet.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 23:06   Link #88
AP24

And that's just during the 2 days in Japan. Imagine how much it will sell during regular screenings including other countries.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 07:03   Link #89
l.kostas

Quote:
by Doin_Doughty_Deeds - reddit
It may be a bit of a long shot but I think people should check their closest theatre's listings. While the sao website did not have Arizona listed as having the movie, my girlfriend found a Harkins theatre in Pheonix that is showing SAO on march 10th. Hope somebody else gets lucky and stumbles into a showing as well
Welcome to Rath scene:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-02-24, 07:11   Link #90
RDNexus

Not that I ever doubted other people's reports about that.
But at least now, for those who still doubted, there's evidence
Old 2017-02-25, 07:06   Link #91
l.kostas

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...37518372950808
Quote:
Sword Art Online fans! Do you have any questions for the creative staff of SAO? We will have a unique opportunity to sit down and chat with six special guests at our -Ordinal Scale- U.S. premiere event on March 1! Leave your questions in the comment section below and we will choose several to ask at the premiere!
Joining us for this event will be Reki Kawahara (Author), abec (Character Design Concept), Tomohiko Ito (Director), Shingo Adachi (Chief Animation Director), Kazuma Miki (Editor/Producer), and Shinichiro Kashiwada (Aniplex Producer).
We will post their responses after the event. Thanks for your continued love and support of Sword Art Online!
Old 2017-02-25, 08:53   Link #92
RDNexus

And gone... Could you tell us from where did you get that?

EDIT: I think I've found it: https://www.facebook.com/SwordArtOnl...950808/?type=3

EDIT2: Dear goodness, no way in hell will I post anything there...if I actually had any questions to post, of course.
Those comments...it's so saddening to read all of that.

Last edited by RDNexus; 2017-02-25 at 09:20.
Old 2017-02-25, 09:46   Link #93
AP24

Finally watched it. Too bad Asuna's bath scene was censored in my country but at least the kiss scene in the bedroom wasn't cut which I heard had happened in some countries.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 18:14   Link #94
Twi

Gigguk did a thing on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDMAVUy5p0Y
Old 2017-02-25, 18:58   Link #95
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
As funny as his videos usually are let's wait for a more constructive criticism from digibro or Mother's Basement. The motivations of the antagonists are similar to Red vs Blue.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-02-25 at 20:20.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 20:39   Link #96
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

https://youtu.be/mL-zw7ZVuH8

Never heard of Kanda Sayaka (Yuna's voince) before now, but seeing that she voiced the SINGING voice of the JP version of Anna's Frozen...it was a good fit. Seiyuu usually release voice albums for their characters but not all of them can actually sing well.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 01:03   Link #97
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Never heard of Kanda Sayaka (Yuna's voince) before now, but seeing that she voiced the SINGING voice of the JP version of Anna's Frozen...it was a good fit. Seiyuu usually release voice albums for their characters but not all of them can actually sing well.
http://dreadfuldecoding.blogspot.gr/...-kawahara.html
...Referring to as Sayaka Kanda as Yuna: the diva of Ordinal Scale (inspired by Avril Lavigne according to staff at event presentation) and Rina Hidaka as Silica...

——Shigemura's role will be performed by Kaga Takeshi, Eiji by Inoue Yoshio, and Yuna by Kanda Sayaka; Kawahara-sensei, have you had a say in their casting?
Kawahara: This was a decision made by Aniplex. I was told that these three fine people have been cast to draw the attention of more people to SAO.

——How were Shigemura and Yuna, the other original characters aside from Eiji in the SAO movie, came to be?
Actually, Shigemura is a character who was already mentioned, though only in name, in the original work, thus I already had an image of him to some extent from the start. As for Yuna, I was thinking "I want to have a diva character appear in the movie" from the very start. From there, I wavered on "How should I incorporate her?" as an AR idol and "How much human should I make her?" as a character.

——I have heard that you watched the post-recording; how was it?
Kawahara: It might be a thing of nuance, but I feel like there's a difference in the performance of movie actors and anime voice actors. Maybe it's because of the anime-like exaggerations, but it feels more vivid. Particularly, there is a scene where Kanda-san, playing the role of Yuna, sings during the movie, and it was amazing. As for the song, even I have not heard the full version yet. There is a scene in the movie where Silica sings Yuna's song in a karaoke. I have scene the post-recording of that scene and I still feel impressed by how Hidaka Rina sang it in Silica's voice. I am looking forward to hearing the real Yuna's song sung by Kanda-san.
Old 2017-02-26, 15:15   Link #98
Wandering Soul

Gigguk posted another video on how he felt the movie could have been improved. This video contains spoilers unlike the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_poocP7TY
Old 2017-02-27, 02:38   Link #99
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
a more constructive criticism from digibro or Mother's Basement..
Lol, that's considered "constructive" criticism these days?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 03:06   Link #100
RDNexus

It depends on what people prefer to hear/read/see.
I usually don't pay much attention to those guys, because what they offer us is their opinion, nothing more.