Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-26, 12:20   Link #21
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I'm not really sure, considering I watched Wing before G (stupid dubbers over here)....>.<;; yeah, timeline wise, G was created before Wing.

Ummm, isn't Spiegel/Kojiro...

Spoiler:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 21:11   Link #22
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper

Spoiler:
Yes. .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:55   Link #23
Gundam Pilot

I rate G Gundam: 8.5 out of 10

For more gundam fights, and martial arts!
Gundam Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:58   Link #24
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot

Gundam Fight-o ...Ready.....GO!!!!!

i like the storyline for G Gundam also.....some scenes are quite touching.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 01:30   Link #25
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot

Do not underestimate the power of TRUE LOVE!

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 13:21   Link #26
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I liked this series a lot, myself. The God Gundam was one of my favorite designs (and had one of my favorite offenses for a Gundam via the Shining Finger/Bakaretsu God Finger). Plus I liked that the pilots could whoop ass outside of their robots, and the battles themselves were crazy near the end (the championship fights in HK). I also happen to like Rain more than any Gundam female with the exception of Lacus.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 00:36   Link #27
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wing debuted a week after God Gundam so they put in in their as a teaser.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 01:12   Link #28
megakim
For a blue and pure world

Quote:
and had one of my favorite offenses for a Gundam via the Shining Finger/Bakaretsu God Finger
It is one of the more memorable attacks but imo it cannot beat Guy from Gaogaigair. HIKARI NI NARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
megakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 16:28   Link #29
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

G Gundam is the series I like the best. The story has alot of heart, the characters are very well developed and the this series created the wrost and best designs of Gundam. Damn!!! I can't stress out how Master Asia's Gundam is SOOOO BAD ASS!!! >_< I'm just sad that Shining Gundam was replaced by God/Burning and Rising Gundam. And an added note this is the only series that is so tragic Domon had to kill 2 or 3 of the most important people in his life. Master Asia, Swartz and Kyoji dying inside the Devil/Dark Gundam. Tell me who didn't not cry when Master Asia died and Domon was force to kill his brother?

Some say G is lined up as a super robot gundam, but inmho any gundam series created is a real robot to me. So if the Seki-Ha-Ten-Kyo-Ken looks like a super fireball of Ryu passed on a mecha well their must be some reason why God and Master gundam can create those powerfull blast.

As for gundam spegiel imho is above the agility level of God, yet it has a weak armor due that when it was chraging the devil gundam it got blown piece by piece OMG and those where only vulcans!! But as for God/burning Gundam it had many hits from the devil I was'nt damage scared with black tint, but was never damage. Master Asia said he could beat Swartz with the Sekiha-ten-kyoken and so he did.

Allenby and Rain are my favs babes in G. I just love 'em

One thing though...why does Chibodee remind me of Logan? XD (Xmen) Either way Gundam Maxter is one of my favs 'cause it's like a coboy with guns, can surf with it's hover, has brass knuckles like a thug, boost up to gloves like a boxer and the armor is like a football players uniform.
Old 2007-01-29, 22:57   Link #30
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
Some say G is lined up as a super robot gundam, but inmho any gundam series created is a real robot to me.
The distinction between real robot and super robot shows is an artificial one created by the Super Robot Wars games. There's no reason to take it very seriously at all; and if one were to make a concious attempt to categorize mecha shows, then the vast majority of Gundam shows would fit under the category of super robot.

As for G Gundam, it's probably best to think of it in terms of a mecha-based wuxia story. After all, the names, character archetypes, and even many of the moves are taken straight from kung-fu novels.
Old 2007-02-02, 17:46   Link #31
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The distinction between real robot and super robot shows is an artificial one created by the Super Robot Wars games. There's no reason to take it very seriously at all; and if one were to make a concious attempt to categorize mecha shows, then the vast majority of Gundam shows would fit under the category of super robot.

As for G Gundam, it's probably best to think of it in terms of a mecha-based wuxia story. After all, the names, character archetypes, and even many of the moves are taken straight from kung-fu novels.
Back when Gundam first came out, it was considered a "real robot" show because the show depicted robots as devices used by the military, instead of some kid getting magical powers and being able to pilot a robot who had rocket fists (shows like Mazinger, etc).

Super Robot now seems to refer to anything that is more capable than Asimo.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 19:37   Link #32
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Back when Gundam first came out, it was considered a "real robot" show because the show depicted robots as devices used by the military, instead of some kid getting magical powers and being able to pilot a robot who had rocket fists (shows like Mazinger, etc).
That's incorrect. Originally, when Mobile Suit Gundam first aired, it was hailed as a more realistic approach than it's predecessors, but it wasn't called a "real robot". I believe that this latter term was first coined (and the etymological dichotomy created) by the Super Robot Wars to distinguish the supposedly"more realistic" machines from the more fantastic ones. If you were to scrutinize the matter further, the line between super robots and real robots is just about nonexistent if we go by the Super Robot Wars classifications. A more honest approach would be to simply categorize the shows as either semi-realistic and the completely fantastic. In the latter case, there would be very, very few mecha anime that would fall outside of the fantastic category. I doubt that any of the Gundam TV shows would.
Old 2007-02-08, 11:29   Link #33
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm...if the devil gundam has cells...it's an organic robot that can regenerate and self resurect. Can it be also classified as a humanoid robot similar to Eva and others? But a Gundam is a Gundam it's still a semi realistic robot no classified as RR.
Old 2007-02-08, 13:21   Link #34
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hmm...if the devil gundam has cells...it's an organic robot that can regenerate and self resurect. Can it be also classified as a humanoid robot similar to Eva and others? But a Gundam is a Gundam it's still a semi realistic robot no classified as RR.
Devil Gundam cells are actually nanomachines and are non-biological in nature. Therefore, DG isn't typically considered organic, unlike the Evas which are in fact grown from biological components.
Old 2007-02-08, 16:10   Link #35
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's incorrect. Originally, when Mobile Suit Gundam first aired, it was hailed as a more realistic approach than it's predecessors, but it wasn't called a "real robot". I believe that this latter term was first coined (and the etymological dichotomy created) by the Super Robot Wars to distinguish the supposedly"more realistic" machines from the more fantastic ones. If you were to scrutinize the matter further, the line between super robots and real robots is just about nonexistent if we go by the Super Robot Wars classifications. A more honest approach would be to simply categorize the shows as either semi-realistic and the completely fantastic. In the latter case, there would be very, very few mecha anime that would fall outside of the fantastic category. I doubt that any of the Gundam TV shows would.
You have got to be kidding me. Encyclopedias and articles covering anime have always pointed out Mobile Suit Gundam as one of the titles that ushered in the "real robot" genre. There's a VERY obvious difference between the Getter Robo and the Mobile Suit Gundam.
Old 2007-02-08, 18:41   Link #36
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
As brightman said, the DG cells are mechanical, so Devil Gundam wouldn't count as an organic machine. However, I don't even think that the classification is really all that important at all. After all, the abilities and functions of a machine are rather more important than its nomenclature.

As for the Real Robot bit, based on the Super Robot Wars classification, most Gundams count as Real Robots. However, there often isn't a whole lot of difference in terms of realism between Gundams and some Super Robots. For example, There's nothing even vaguely realistic about forcefields powered by the souls of dead people. That's why I don't think that such a dichotomy is all that meaningful outside of being used in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer
You have got to be kidding me. Encyclopedias and articles covering anime have always pointed out Mobile Suit Gundam as one of the titles that ushered in the "real robot" genre. There's a VERY obvious difference between the Getter Robo and the Mobile Suit Gundam.
It's true that Mobile Suit Gundam was the first of the more realistic mecha shows. However, the gist of my argument is quite different: the distinction between Super Robots and Real Robots (and I believe the etymology of "Real Robot" to begin with) was first posited by Super Robot Wars as a game mechanic. While there's a big difference between Getter Robo and the RX-78, there's also a big difference between Zeta Gundam and a Patlabor, and there's not a whole lot of difference between ZZ and some of the Godannar machines.
Old 2007-02-08, 19:30   Link #37
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

The real and super robot genres apply directly to the anime/manga in question not the actual robot, though the portrayal of the robot does help.

WHaaa-? ZZ and Godannar? I don't recall the ZZ being able to merge with other robots and being able to do the Fire Soul Breaker. More importantly...ZZ HAS NO HOT BLOOD.
Old 2007-02-08, 23:03   Link #38
4Tran

Quote:
The real and super robot genres apply directly to the anime/manga in question not the actual robot, though the portrayal of the robot does help.
You're not quite correct. While Real Robot and Super Robot exist as sub-genre of overarching mecha shows, the origin of such designations stem from Super Robot Wars where it was used primarily to denote individual machines. If you want to be precise, a Real Robot show would be one that features Real Robots, and likewise for Super Robot shows. As far as I'm concerned, such categorization can be misleading, especially since the boundary between the two is quite often unclear. At the best of times, it's not a particularly helpful distinction.

Quote:
WHaaa-? ZZ and Godannar? I don't recall the ZZ being able to merge with other robots and being able to do the Fire Soul Breaker. More importantly...ZZ HAS NO HOT BLOOD.
While ZZ doesn't combine with other mobile suits, it's made up of multiple combining vehicles, so I think that the distinction is very slight. None of the mecha other than Godannar can do the Fire Soul Breaker either, so I'm not sure what your point is. Finally, while I seem to recall Judau (and others) having the odd hotblooded moment, I'm not going to quibble with you. However, since when was hot blood an important difference between ZZ and the machines in Godannar? Heck, there were plenty that operated fine without hot blood at all.
Old 2007-02-09, 00:15   Link #39
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

The designation did NOT come as a result of SRW. Where are you getting that information from?

EDIT: Ah forget it, I'm probably just too old and have been behind the times =/

Last edited by Derringer; 2007-02-09 at 01:56.
Old 2007-02-09, 13:23   Link #40
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ZZ Gundam has that hyper slash similar to Shinning's Shinning Finger Sword...point here is the most realistic Gundam is ZZ then?