AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 08:10   Link #41
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
If that's what you're good at it, I don't see why you shouldn't try. Besides, in a slice of life scenario, it's still possible to explore important themes, such as the social repercussions of IS on the fabric of society. I can imagine this engineer fellow being treated something like a second-class citizen, even though it's his job to help maintain and develop new equipment for IS. Mechanics fix things. Engineers try to improve on things or make brand new stuff, ya know?]
I'm actually working on the fic and character profiles right now.
I'll probably post it here when I'm done (if there's somewhere better to post this let me know)
And thanks for the encouragement.

P.S, anyone joining the EMDAS competition?
If so, I'll be seeing you in the field of battle.

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2011-01-31 at 08:21.
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 09:01   Link #42
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
And here's a quick idea i made- actually i have this idea brewing when the series started airing.

Spoiler for IS Unit in Progress:

I shall work on this more, if there is anything bothering

Last edited by Saint X; 2011-02-05 at 14:58.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:16   Link #43
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Only problem is that why would a male character appear on IS campus if he can't pilot one of those things.

And Phantom Task gives me plenty of reason to pull a dark one on the plot.

As for RPing, I was thinking of running one on Spacebattles, just that no one there seemed to know about IS in the first place...
it would be interesting to have male and female who do not plot i.s to pop out in the school. they can range from being engineers, partners (like they have in rally racing)"feeding you info about the person while ur in a race or fight" , can also jsut be student who want to learn about i.s (as for that part it could be a lot of reason why. rich family. maybe they are really smart . or so on. but yeah u can have non i.s student there i think it will give it a nice twist. just work on why they are there.
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 01:30   Link #44
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Time for some proper introduction via excerpts from the crossover

Spoiler for Magi's POV:
Old 2011-02-04, 08:43   Link #45
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Post Alert: Peer Review - INCOMING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for Magi's POV:
I am going to assume English isn't your first language, judging by the various grammatical errors I have found. By some miracle, you managed to avoid the bullet of spelling mistakes, or I would have contracted an apoplectic seizure, I think.

You, my friend, need a beta-reader and some self-study to help fix your English, and you need to peruse through more fiction, period, to improve your storytelling capabilities. I can help with the former, but the latter... There is no way easy way to it. Everyone learns their own way of telling a story. Some people like books, others movies, others comics, etc., but really, it's about absorbing all the culture you see around you and disseminating it into a written form that seems to have a method to its madness (AKA narrative style), rather than being roughly strung together blurbs of thought.

Rhyme and reason, yeah?

As is, I'd rate you a low C. It was kinda enjoyable, I guess. Negative marks on Ichika's sister being out of character, and shoddy execution to why / how Ichika comes to meet Magi. Positive marks for effort guts. Hey, at least you gave it a shot, and I can sorta see the vision you have for this "World". Alas, your voice is still lacking and immature.

Now, by all means, do continue to give it your best, but don't forget to take the criticism to heart. Otherwise, you're never going to improve your abilities as a fiction writer.

If you like, I can submit you via PM a revised edition of this drabble, with the bare minimum of edits to bring it up to basic spec. I am not trying to railroad you here, bro. I am trying to show you the kinds of things you need to be thinking about when you write your scenes.

It's the six P's: Proper Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

Ja?
Old 2011-02-04, 11:31   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for mine:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-09 at 14:15.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:14   Link #47
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
I am going to assume English isn't your first language, judging by the various grammatical errors I have found. By some miracle, you managed to avoid the bullet of spelling mistakes, or I would have contracted an apoplectic seizure, I think.

You, my friend, need a beta-reader and some self-study to help fix your English, and you need to peruse through more fiction, period, to improve your storytelling capabilities. I can help with the former, but the latter... There is no way easy way to it. Everyone learns their own way of telling a story. Some people like books, others movies, others comics, etc., but really, it's about absorbing all the culture you see around you and disseminating it into a written form that seems to have a method to its madness (AKA narrative style), rather than being roughly strung together blurbs of thought.

Rhyme and reason, yeah?

As is, I'd rate you a low C. It was kinda enjoyable, I guess. Negative marks on Ichika's sister being out of character, and shoddy execution to why / how Ichika comes to meet Magi. Positive marks for effort guts. Hey, at least you gave it a shot, and I can sorta see the vision you have for this "World". Alas, your voice is still lacking and immature.

Now, by all means, do continue to give it your best, but don't forget to take the criticism to heart. Otherwise, you're never going to improve your abilities as a fiction writer.

If you like, I can submit you via PM a revised edition of this drabble, with the bare minimum of edits to bring it up to basic spec. I am not trying to railroad you here, bro. I am trying to show you the kinds of things you need to be thinking about when you write your scenes.

It's the six P's: Proper Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

Ja?
It tends to happen, I know I am not a great writer anyways. And my greatest weakness is portray the personality of others. I am more comfortable working on my own characters than with other members of the cast.

Spoiler for Origin Story: Empyrean:

Last edited by asaqe; 2011-02-05 at 01:16.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:27   Link #48
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

A Slight World-building post of sorts

Spoiler for “The FHM of IS”:

- I need actual dates/years of the Series and when IS were first developed.

- Now accepting questions for our one-on-one interview with Gerard - PM me with them
Old 2011-02-04, 18:02   Link #49
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for mine:
Hey a fellow Singaporean! Though I'm surprised we both ended up as imouto types. Little Red Dot eh. XD

Both my Merlion and your Megal use a bullpup rifle as a primary too.

And then I have a vague feeling that both our OCs... have the same voice actor. (looks at prototype image forming in photoshop )

Which world are you running with? Canon or JE's world?

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-07 at 07:30.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 01:04   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hey a fellow Singaporean! Though I'm surprised we both ended up as imouto types. Little Red Dot eh. XD

Both my Merlion and your Megal use a bullpup rifle as a primary too.

And then I have a vague feeling that both our OCs... have the same voice actor. (looks at prototype image forming in photoshop )

Which world are you running with? Canon or JE's world?
The name of the Mech is Starwright. And it runs on canon series.

There are only 3 VAs which can do Rachel, namely Asami Imai, Rie Kugimiya and Ayanyan. I could factor in Rie Tanaka too, but I think she should be more reserved for mature sounding characters.

With regards to the bullpup, I chose it because it looks cool, but IRL the SAR-21 is a crap weapon (you will know after you served in a coarse-mud/saltwater unit...trust me). I am modelling it so that it has the following specs :

1. The fat handguard with the laser-sight is actually a EM-accelerator coil.
2. The LAD is a SACLOS system used for guiding the RPGs, which work with a soft-launch system (two motor propulsion).
3. I threw out the scope-carry handle an replaced it with a guidance ACOG. Used for launching the RPG.
4. RPGs are launched from the barrel like a rifle grenade, but with its own propulsion system.

Conventional rounds with cartridges are used. 40-round box magazine, can be reloaded with a nanite-reconstructor. RPGs are limited ammo weaponry, however.

That gun can be held by a normal human being wearing regular non-IS powered armor.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-05, 06:44   Link #51
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Post Peer Review No. 2

Quote:
It tends to happen, I know I am not a great writer anyways. And my greatest weakness is portray the personality of others. I am more comfortable working on my own characters than with other members of the cast.

Spoiler for Origin Story: Empyrean:
.................Okay, characterization issues aside, you clearly are as lost in the sauce as a mook in a dark forest without a map. Are you trying to give us a script for a movie, or are you trying to write a story? If it's the latter, you need to go learn the basics of storytelling, man.

Written fiction is more than just dialogue. You have a setting, tone, pacing, themes, narration, scenes, transitions, descriptors, characters, and vice-versa. The above jargon could have been an actual "Scene" and not bunch of what-have-you dialogue had you taken the time to storyboard and visualize what you are trying to communicate to the reader, then put it into words.

It does not have to be exact to every last nitty, gritty detail, but you need to give us something to work with here. Hell, why do we even care who this Empyrean guy is? What does he look like? What's he wearing? How he's feeling? Where is he when he's receiving this transmission? Etc.

These are the sort of things you need to think about, and it's just the tip of the iceberg. Storytelling is an art form. I don't expect you to "Get it" overnight, but as long as you take what I got to say and try to find out more for yourself, instead of just clinging to lame excuses, you will improve.

Now, let me tell you how I would have executed the material you have just put out.

First off, I'd set the scene by either describing Empyrean's surroundings, or preferably, begin "the moment" with some philosophical / thematic characterization. Anything, really, to get the reader's attention. The former is serviceable but I think the latter is much better.

But, hey, let's go with describing Empyrean's surroundings. Now, assuming this is the first time we're meeting him, I would not have the narrator give away his identity immediately. Instead, he'd be just a pilot inside the cockpit of an AC, which is loaded in the cargo bay of a military transport.

You ever rode in a plane before? Well, start with that and then make the description a lot more ugly and less comfortable, since this is a military aircraft. Doesn't help that an AC's cockpit is awfully cluttered too. Lots of hi-tech, if utilitarian display screens and widgets just blasting you with glare that reflects right in the visor of your helmet.

It's through these screens and the operator barking his ear off that the Raven is receiving his briefing, as the bird is rocked ever so often by turbulence. Idle radio chatter in the background from the air crew on the flight deck. Cockpit's kinda cold too...if you know what I'm saying.

I'd go into even more detail, but I think just from this train of thought, you can imagine what follows naturally. Being airdropped from 20,000+ feet in the air is quite a rush, even if you are inside a 7-meter tall walking death machine, with machineguns and missile launchers.

...Oh, and one more thing, lay off the AC nomenclature for weapons. New readers won't have a clue what they look like. If you're gonna give us the name, then you need to describe them and give out a few handy specs as to why we should care about what would otherwise be a trite info dump.

Good luck.

Last edited by JamesEdwards; 2011-02-05 at 22:35.
JamesEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:48   Link #52
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The name of the Mech is Starwright. And it runs on canon series.
Okay so that makes Shinonono 'mothering' 2 OC daughters.

Quote:
There are only 3 VAs which can do Rachel, namely Asami Imai, Rie Kugimiya and Ayanyan. I could factor in Rie Tanaka too, but I think she should be more reserved for mature sounding characters.
I'm not that familiar with Asami (Didn't see Camp or play Idolmaster) and ditto on Tanaka, so I'd say we could always use a bit more Meena Trinity. :3

Quote:
With regards to the bullpup, I chose it because it looks cool, but IRL the SAR-21 is a crap weapon (you will know after you served in a coarse-mud/saltwater unit...trust me).
5 years ago, I was in a combat service unit, and I already know its a useless bunny only good for its sex appeal!

Quote:
I am modelling it so that it has the following specs :

1. The fat handguard with the laser-sight is actually a EM-accelerator coil.
2. The LAD is a SACLOS system used for guiding the RPGs, which work with a soft-launch system (two motor propulsion).
3. I threw out the scope-carry handle an replaced it with a guidance ACOG. Used for launching the RPG.
4. RPGs are launched from the barrel like a rifle grenade, but with its own propulsion system.

Conventional rounds with cartridges are used. 40-round box magazine, can be reloaded with a nanite-reconstructor. RPGs are limited ammo weaponry, however.
That sounds like an improvement.

What is it called? I named-dropped the bullpup rifle to be a SISAR-21 in my profile, and since its a standard issue weapon I suppose that all Singapore IS will have it. So can I use these stats for my profile too?

Quote:
That gun can be held by a normal human being wearing regular non-IS powered armor.
So that means the NSF servicemen will have this weapon on top of their digital print powered armor. As expected from ST Engine.

Also, I dreamed up a minimum armor mode for Merlion, namely the SBO, which is just applying the ADB around the user and boosting the user strength to 30% IS armor level. This allows the user to wield the SISAR-21 with both hands as though she was in SIR power armor, when she's in say school uniform. Allows the user to operate in constrained spaces where a IS may be too large for.

In FBO mode, the wielder can use the weapon, now relatively smaller to the armored body, one-handed like a mecha rifle.

What do you think?

~~~~~~

Also, I incorporated some ideas from your profile into mine with regards to Singapore and the existence of multiple representatives. I've stated that there's 4 reps in ISA atm, so we have room for 2 more of us. Hope you don't mind.

~~~~~~

EDIT:
Spoiler for Some food for thought:
So... Where does Singapore fit in? We're analogous to Israel in many ways, and our militaries have braved lots of hot water just to stay in close contact with each other. I'd say, for the OC thread, The United Federation of Singapore fills the role played by Israel in the NNPT. The size of our IS program would have been the worst kept secret in the world!

EDIT2:

Singapore's melee-focused Representative Indo-China.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-05 at 09:30.
Old 2011-02-05, 10:25   Link #53
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm not that familiar with Asami (Didn't see Camp or play Idolmaster) and ditto on Tanaka, so I'd say we could always use a bit more Meena Trinity. :3
For Asami Imai, I mean this.

Quote:
5 years ago, I was in a combat service unit, and I already know its a useless bunny only good for its sex appeal!
I was planning to add some fail-jokes into the fanfic, like how the plastic mag cannot be taken out due to it melting in the well, an expended casing getting stuck in the ejection port, and the LAD failing to fire up due to circuiting problems.

Quote:
That sounds like an improvement.

What is it called? I named-dropped the bullpup rifle to be a SISAR-21 in my profile, and since its a standard issue weapon I suppose that all Singapore IS will have it. So can I use these stats for my profile too?
I was meaning to use it as a limited edition version, IS handled weapon. It is called ME:ISTER (Metropolis Engineering : IS Tactical Engagement Rifle), since Singapore is better known as the Metropolis after the main island sank underwater due to global warming.

Quote:
So that means the NSF servicemen will have this weapon on top of their digital print powered armor. As expected from ST Engine.
I was planning to give them a smaller exoskeleton based on the RIG of Dead Space, and the exos will be slightly smaller than an IS, but still be able to use a smaller ME:ISTER firing the same rounds.

The ME:ISTER cannot be summoned so the funny thing is, Rachel carries it with her all the time, and pulls it out of the unthinkable places all the time.

Quote:
Also, I dreamed up a minimum armor mode for Merlion, namely the SBO, which is just applying the ADB around the user and boosting the user strength to 30% IS armor level. This allows the user to wield the SISAR-21 with both hands as though she was in SIR power armor, when she's in say school uniform. Allows the user to operate in constrained spaces where a IS may be too large for.

In FBO mode, the wielder can use the weapon, now relatively smaller to the armored body, one-handed like a mecha rifle.

What do you think?
The thing to be made unique about Metro IS-es is modularity, interchangeable parts to adapt the IS into different combat situation. Starwright is Generation 3.5 with Magaru and the powerplant specially built for it (Gen 4 had a much larger reserve power output, so Houki can use the Magaru without the powerplant), so the powerplant is repurposed for the Cosmic Shroud pack.

The Moonfang units are simply copied Blue Tears technology which are unable to fire lasers, but rather, rely on torque and simple Physics in a form of boomerangs.

Finally, Starwright is not a state-sponsored but privatised project, that initially formed the basis of later Metro mass-manufactured IS-es. I am putting alot of mysteries behind Starwright.

Quote:
Also, I incorporated some ideas from your profile into mine with regards to Singapore and the existence of multiple representatives. I've stated that there's 4 reps in ISA atm, so we have room for 2 more of us. Hope you don't mind.
Sure. I am using Starwright to tell a story of how bureaucracy and backdoor wrangling by politicians cause trouble. After all if the politicians are fighting, it is the corporations who will take over, and people will suffer.

You could take the other side of the equation though.

Old 2011-02-05, 15:51   Link #54
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Concerning my IS Frame design and such, I managed to secure something unpublished from the IS Magazine itself.

Spoiler for Unpublished item from STRATOMAG's IS Collections:
Old 2011-02-05, 16:51   Link #55
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Concerning my IS Frame design and such, I managed to secure something unpublished from the IS Magazine itself.

Spoiler for Unpublished item from STRATOMAG's IS Collections:
At first, I thought it was a mahou shoujo outfit.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 18:30   Link #56
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
*reads over the thread and has something catch his eye*

Quote:
Electric weapons are banned under the rules of the Alaska treaty since it harms the pilot directly and prevents the Absolute Barrier from activating
Seriously why are these things a thread to organized militaries again? There firepower displayed is no more then say aircraft weapons, the weapon systems they use are by canon stated to be built using contemporary technology (which is clearly more advanced see the bubble shield in Ep 4 which isn’t even vaguely linked to an IS), and apparently electrical weapons can totally bypass there defenses and just kill the pilot. Yeah this might require some adaption, but these things are looking less and less like something that alter the balance of power by the second...

Actually it makes me want to make an OC whose primary purpose is to be a skeptic that goes around pointing out how inane the various series sacred cows are. You know what fuck it that’s what I’m going to do.

Rachael Brown: Professional Snarker

Spoiler for The Snarking Chronicles Volume 1: Stealth is overrated anyway!:

Last edited by Tk3997; 2011-02-09 at 22:49.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 18:36   Link #57
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
For Asami Imai, I mean this.
Approved. :3

Though now I imagine Rachel going through various... attempts to define a key phrase to activate Starwright and henshin.

Quote:
I was planning to add some fail-jokes into the fanfic, like how the plastic mag cannot be taken out due to it melting in the well, an expended casing getting stuck in the ejection port, and the LAD failing to fire up due to circuiting problems.
Someone in my camp had a broken firing pin. XD

Quote:
I was meaning to use it as a limited edition version, IS handled weapon. It is called ME:ISTER (Metropolis Engineering : IS Tactical Engagement Rifle), since Singapore is better known as the Metropolis after the main island sank underwater due to global warming.
I certainly believe so, as the floating island is a technological marvel. Karon grew up in the Southern Australis mining states, a 3rd generation migrant from Singapore after the island became submerged, so she refers to Singapore as the Federation. Though it annoys her to sometimes have to quantate that by refering to the Metro. Given the endless haggling and puzzling decrees coming out of the capital, it is little wonder that residents Australis think rather low of it. Especially when the Three Diagram computer is what's doing most of the groundwork.

Quote:
I was planning to give them a smaller exoskeleton based on the RIG of Dead Space, and the exos will be slightly smaller than an IS, but still be able to use a smaller ME:ISTER firing the same rounds.

The ME:ISTER cannot be summoned so the funny thing is, Rachel carries it with her all the time, and pulls it out of the unthinkable places all the time.
Agreed, that would mean that the STE team's SISAR-21 is a related rifle, but again taken in a different direction to Metro thinking. Its like the SAR-21 version that has rails for mounting gadgets versus the stock one you used for MEISTER.

Quote:
The thing to be made unique about Metro IS-es is modularity, interchangeable parts to adapt the IS into different combat situation. Starwright is Generation 3.5 with Magaru and the powerplant specially built for it (Gen 4 had a much larger reserve power output, so Houki can use the Magaru without the powerplant), so the powerplant is repurposed for the Cosmic Shroud pack.

The Moonfang units are simply copied Blue Tears technology which are unable to fire lasers, but rather, rely on torque and simple Physics in a form of boomerangs.

Finally, Starwright is not a state-sponsored but privatised project, that initially formed the basis of later Metro mass-manufactured IS-es. I am putting alot of mysteries behind Starwright.
...is I just me, or are the Night Elf references for real here?

Now I get it, Starwright works like a Strike Gundam, interchangeable packs!

And no problems about hiding secrets in there. Its starting to look like Starwright is a different project from STE's version altogether. Which is even better, the MDF going one way while the SAF is going in another. I doubt there'd be a head-on clash, but it will create friction between the Federation's reps, and play into the "size of Metro's IS program is the world's worst kept secret" bits.

Quote:
Sure. I am using Starwright to tell a story of how bureaucracy and backdoor wrangling by politicians cause trouble. After all if the politicians are fighting, it is the corporations who will take over, and people will suffer.

You could take the other side of the equation though.
I'm approaching from ground level actually. The side of "what the hell are the brass doing", that was more of the feeling I get from the country these days. Things are working fine, because everyone wants to keep the status quo going, but there's this nagging doubt that it might buckle and undo everything.

Because of that, Karon is working at her Rep status to break into the political circle and take control of a country slowing coming out of its recent stellar rise. It is reflected in her IS as well. STE made the first 3 IS to specialize in close, medium and long range engagements, leaving the 4th one as a reserve core for R&D by the megacorp. Other state companies objected the waste of a core (and wanted it for themselves), the politicians made a lot of hot air from both sides of the argument, nothing happened for a while. It was when an Australis engineer proposed to build the 4th as a support unit that could to a limited extent fill the roles of the 1st three, and practically did everything except actual manufacturing, was Merlion okay'd to be constructed.

Karon wants to be that influence, because true she wants power but if its good for the country there's nothing wrong with desiring power.

EDIT: I've updated Karon's profile with the above information. Also:

Quote:
Note that the Starwright was not built by STE; it was a parallel project by Temasek Holdings built from the IS cores that were transferred to Singapore behind closed doors. Several such units exist, each built by different government-linked corporations, but little information is available about them.
Just going to run it by you, Saintess, I mentioned Starwright in my profile, but I may have gotten the GLC wrong.

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Seriously why are these things a threat to organized militaries again? There firepower displayed is no more then say aircraft weapons, the weapon systems they use are by canon stated to be built using contemporary technology (which is clearly more advanced see the bubble shield in Ep 4 which isn’t even vaguely linked to an IS), and apparently electrical weapons can totally bypass there defenses and just kill the pilot. Yeah this might require some adaption, but these things are looking less and less like something that alter the balance of power by the second...
Its just one of those things that are mentioned in theory but seldom put into practice. As long as you don't get caught, or people can't touch you, you can do whatever you want, which is probably one of the underlying threads of the series.

Gosh, this just reminded me of NANOHA STRIKERS, but with HAREM!! XD XD XD

Quote:
Actually it makes me want to make an OC whose primary purpose is to be a skeptic that goes around pointing out how inane the various series sacred cows are. You know what fuck it that’s what I’m going to do.

Rachael Green: Professional Snarker

Spoiler for The Snarking Chronicles Volume 1: Stealth is overrated anyway!:
It is already understood that ISA exists not for international cooperation but for factionalism. This is why Ichika is the only force to unifying the world, with HAREM.

Nice profile btw, now I have a teacher to play around with.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-05 at 19:15.
Old 2011-02-05, 20:20   Link #58
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

To be honest, I think over half of these posts should go to a fanfiction thread or something.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 20:54   Link #59
Asuras
Dictadere~!

This is definitely starting to become a fanfiction thread. I suppose we need one nao?

Quick draw-up for Osirus:

Meh...
Old 2011-02-05, 22:19   Link #60
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Seriously why are these things a thread to organized militaries again? There firepower displayed is no more then say aircraft weapons, the weapon systems they use are by canon stated to be built using contemporary technology (which is clearly more advanced see the bubble shield in Ep 4 which isn’t even vaguely linked to an IS), and apparently electrical weapons can totally bypass there defenses and just kill the pilot. Yeah this might require some adaption, but these things are looking less and less like something that alter the balance of power by the second...
Last page James quoted a novel reader, which went something along the lines of "Apparently the IS could move faster than ICBMs, pilot can see everything in slow motion(similar to vanquish), they not affected by G-force so no fear of black-out/red-out and a 100% optical camouflage system. So when IS was first unveiled A single IS was able to stop a war by shooting down 2437 missiles, 207 fighter jets , disable/immobilize 5 aircraft carriers and all their naval escorts and vaporized 8 spy satellites that was tracking its movement."

Don't you just love it when authors start throwing out numbers?

And since I don't want to be left out of the party:

The blue haired artillery: Helena de Wolf
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest