Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 16:50   Link #6101
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Won't the title now suggest too many "general" questions?
Better than having "silly" on the title, me thinks.

In the end, this will be treated as a test and further moderation could be considered depending on how the thread develops from here.
Old 2012-07-28, 17:48   Link #6102
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Not necessary. There's nothing wrong with silly question and that was the point of the thread: questions that can be considered silly. The problem has always been the questions for the sake of asking questions or purposefully trying to be silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Maybe it should be non-tech and non-anime, short questions?; though that's kinda of long.
Agree on this.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:46   Link #6103
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The problem has always been the questions for the sake of asking questions or purposefully trying to be silly.
Agree on this.
Wich is exactly what we are trying to avoid with the new title. This is not a thread to play games, nor is it a spam topic where anything will be accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga
Maybe it should be non-tech and non-anime, short questions?; though that's kinda of long.
I honestly don't see the point in going into specifics right now. "Silly Questions" was also quite generic and like this, we are at least trying to stop the pointless questions and chat-room like discussions. If the problem persists, we will consider other options including the one you mention here.
Old 2012-07-29, 21:27   Link #6104
guess

what's that thing we use for glasses after eye exam?

This question is better for people who wear glasses. There is one thing, like a curl-up film or just a strip, which doctors usually give you after diluting your pupil, to cover your glasses. Now you don't need a sunglasses or a clip-on for glasses. After pupil is diluted, your eyes are extra sensitive to light so it's uncomfortable to do things under sunlight. You need that thing to cover your glasses and make it a sunglasses so you can work normally. What is that thing called and where can I buy them online? No. it's not clip-ons. It's more simple. If you can include a link, that would be great. Thanks. I want to buy one but can't even find it. Oh, and if you have some suggestions, please do tell.
Old 2012-07-29, 23:20   Link #6105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They're just called disposable sunglasses:

https://www.google.com/search?q=post...w=1527&bih=890
Old 2012-07-30, 02:19   Link #6106
guess

Thanks. Now I am going to amazon.com to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're just called disposable sunglasses:

https://www.google.com/search?q=post...w=1527&bih=890
Old 2012-07-30, 12:53   Link #6107
iceyfw

i was on my way walking to the college library to return two books and was asked by an african american student, which i do think i recognize from one of my classes a year ago, if i wanted to fill out a form. he said the donations would go to a college and the advertisements in the magazine would help pay for it. he also said they would only send one magazine. this all happened nearby the library entrance.

i only gave him my name, street address, and cell phone number as he said that is all. i did not do anything else. is this legit or a scam? i'm that skeptical.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 16:10   Link #6108
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
i was on my way walking to the college library to return two books and was asked by an african american student, which i do think i recognize from one of my classes a year ago, if i wanted to fill out a form. he said the donations would go to a college and the advertisements in the magazine would help pay for it. he also said they would only send one magazine. this all happened nearby the library entrance.

i only gave him my name, street address, and cell phone number as he said that is all. i did not do anything else. is this legit or a scam? i'm that skeptical.
You got semi-scammed. Basically your information will be sold and you'll start being slowly buried in adverts and "offers".

Frankly, I have to have a pretty good reason to give someone my cell number or home address, especially both at once - and that isn't one.
Old 2012-07-30, 17:20   Link #6109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Ask your school about it, if such does exist.... Personally giving information just that is pretty dangerous for me... Always ask, ask ask for more.... curiosity could help sometimes.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 00:38   Link #6110
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:

Yeah, it sounds like a scam to me.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:26   Link #6111
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:

You are going to find yourself in a storm of flyers and phone calls from phoney companies. Me speaking from experience.

When it comes to donation, I prefer to directly donate rather than through a third party.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 06:59   Link #6112
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
You are going to find yourself in a storm of flyers and phone calls from phoney companies. Me speaking from experience.

When it comes to donation, I prefer to directly donate rather than through a third party.
That's generally the consensus.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:36   Link #6113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Can we ask about anime related stuff on here?

What with Eureka Seven AO's next episode being delayed for the two weeks because of the Olympics, I was just wondering what other anime currently airing have been delayed due to the Olympics.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:12   Link #6114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think most of them are.... the same thing happens during baseball season (postpones or time-delays) as chronicled in Lucky*Star
Old 2012-08-01, 18:03   Link #6115
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh jeez. That's gonna be a long two weeks...

Thanks.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 18:12   Link #6116
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think most of them are.... the same thing happens during baseball season (postpones or time-delays) as chronicled in Lucky*Star
Hmmm most of the ones I watching aren't effected... it seems; I know Hyouka, Sword Art Online, and a few others at least are still airing. So at the very least not all series are postponed.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 19:29   Link #6117
winterbaby
вelιnda

help??

So I recently switched my Tv network etc. I wondering watch what channel shows anime on verison fios?? I dont think they showed the channel station on the packet.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:48   Link #6118
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

This is something I've been wondering about for a while. If someone in Japan starts dating someone who they'd normally refer to as "senpai", is it proper to continue to refer to that person as such, or is this an anime-only thing?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 07:40   Link #6119
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
This is something I've been wondering about for a while. If someone in Japan starts dating someone who they'd normally refer to as "senpai", is it proper to continue to refer to that person as such, or is this an anime-only thing?
Same here. She's already you're GF and you still address her that way? In exception in school grounds that is... What if you're alone or dating?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:28   Link #6120
Zakoo

If they are close enough wouldn't they normally adress by their first name? And generally without adding a suffixe.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious