AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-04, 04:35   Link #81
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
so from the promo art we can already tell MC ends up with the Tsundere blonde.... I hate tsuns
unless it goes the mashiphony route.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:13   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Incidentally, if anyone is coming into this season cold, and is wondering "what, if anything, do I need to watch from the previous seasons to best understand this season", I think they are all important to some degree (each series is connected to the overall D.C. mythology), but I would say the most important are as follows:

Original D.C. Anime (at least episode 1 and 15-26)
D.C. II S.S. (the whole season)

I personally liked D.C.S.S. (one of the few?), but you can probably sum its "plot" by watching the last two episodes. D.C. II also fleshes out some characters, but also doesn't contribute all that much to the "ongoing plot".

For the record (because it's a bit confusing), the anime series in "viewing order" are as follows:

D.C.
D.C.S.S.
D.C. if (Alternate Ending to original D.C., two-episode OVA)
D.C. II
D.C. II S.S.
D.C. I & II P.S.P. OVA (Optional, selected confession scenes from the games)
D.C. III

If you want to watch everything, that's the order you should probably do it in.
Old 2013-01-04, 14:19   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
so from the promo art we can already tell MC ends up with the Tsundere blonde.... I hate tsuns
Don't judge things by its cover like that, boy, otherwise you should feel bad. As relentlessflame said, just watch every season of D.C in order not to give so much misjudge here. I've seen so much worse things, but saying anything like is despicable to me.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:02   Link #84
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Don't judge things by its cover like that, boy, otherwise you should feel bad. As relentlessflame said, just watch every season of D.C in order not to give so much misjudge here. I've seen so much worse things, but saying anything like is despicable to me.
I think you're being kind of harsh... people are allowed to form their own preconceptions, and time will tell whether they're right or wrong. I do think, however, it is important to mention that there is a bit of a backstory you're supposed to understand (at least in concept) before watching the show. In that sense, it is a bit different from your run-of-the-mill "harem anime".
Old 2013-01-04, 16:07   Link #85
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you're being kind of harsh... people are allowed to form their own preconceptions, and time will tell whether they're right or wrong. I do think, however, it is important to mention that there is a bit of a backstory you're supposed to understand (at least in concept) before watching the show. In that sense, it is a bit different from your run-of-the-mill "harem anime".
I feel sorry then, but I'm not too harsh actually, just give them a fair bit of warning.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 16:21   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
just watch every season of D.C in order not to give so much misjudge here. I've seen so much worse things, but saying anything like is despicable to me.
Except watching every season of this series is pretty harsh.
Putting how interesting or not the series is, you're telling the person to watch at least 26+26+13+13=78 episodes x 24 minutes=31.2 hours... just to "get prepared" for this anime.
I'd personally let someone despise me over that torturous homework.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 16:23   Link #87
tsunade666

I just finished episode 01 and its really nostalgic though what I watch is raw so I miss something like the date because it looks like its an important thing because of the mail. The usual theme of DC is still there with the whole promise, childhood and magic.

Its really romantic to see it again and it looks like this time around the harem girls are already assemble and just like what the previews post was said about Rika. She is not tsundere(so far from what I can tell in the first episode) Rika is not the shy type of the tsundere and its actually right on the spot. She is opposite of the tsundere girl. She is the energetic girl who believe in romance and magic.

Its really nice to have DC back and I will still enjoy it though its really might be recommended to watch the previews series because some elements like "sakura" and the previews heroines was shown in silhouette and in the ED too. The girl shown in ED is from DC II and the cat collar bell or whatever it is called is from the DC first season heroine. Also after the ED the one shown in the sakura tree is also a girl which was seen from the very beginning of the series.

Ah Suginami is back but not as the bro of the MC but as a antagonistic person towards Rika and also a guy who likes the MC -_-
Old 2013-01-04, 16:50   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

I didn't think the DC franchise would ever be streamed, since no part of the show has been licensed for American release, and when II was on the air, the kinks of simulcasting were still being worked out.

That ends today. Or on Monday. One of those days.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 16:53   Link #89
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

CR took it. Whoa. They probably would stream all the new shows I'm interested in.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 17:17   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Putting how interesting or not the series is, you're telling the person to watch at least 26+26+13+13=78 episodes x 24 minutes=31.2 hours... just to "get prepared" for this anime.
I'd personally let someone despise me over that torturous homework.
Well, this is why I cut it down to about 26 episodes, which is still a lot... but perhaps more palatable.

In the end, it can probably be watched standalone, but I suspect the experience will be quite different (and some important things will be missed). Of course, the fact that they're now streaming it on Crunchyroll (without any of the prequels) means that there will probably be a whole group of new viewers in precisely that situation.

(Getting licenses for the prequels may be a bit more complicated due to the production committee changes. This show is produced by Pony Canyon, as opposed to all the previous series by Starchild/King Records.)

Edit: At some point I thought one of these companies had made some videos summarizing I and II... perhaps it was part of the D.C. III game promo? I wonder if that's still around somewhere...
Old 2013-01-04, 18:18   Link #91
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's more funny that producers didn't give the show to any studio and just hired the staff for this project. It's the first time for me seeing such a thing(different author-made movies don't count).
Old 2013-01-04, 18:25   Link #92
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just when I wanted to watch it.. I have to watch the previous season.. Woah!!! 50 plus all in all? or its 60????!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 18:31   Link #93
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

78 as was posted above. You still could do it while D.C.III is ongoing )))i
Old 2013-01-04, 18:34   Link #94
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Alternatively, you can opt to read every previous game in the serie that was made
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 18:38   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm sure that would take just as much time. It may even take more time. Even with both games available in English, thus cutting out a lot of the more intensive processes, working one's way through all those routes and taking in that much text at once can be a mentally heavy thing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:26   Link #96
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
78 as was posted above. You still could do it while D.C.III is ongoing )))i
Woah! and I'm still not done with last season's anime series.. 12 series of them to be exact....
Old 2013-01-04, 19:32   Link #97
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marulash View Post
Suginami's back? Hell yeah!
I wonder why all bromance foil in every VN adaptations always have more interesting persona than the MC himself.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:16   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I wonder why all bromance foil in every VN adaptations always have more interesting persona than the MC himself.
Well, it's pretty darn hard for me to imagine how Suginami would work; he's just so... out there. He's definitely interesting, but it's hard to make him a good match with most of the heroines. That's where someone with a more... malleable personality is more convenient -- he can fit in with any heroine, and she still remains the star of every route.

And also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just when I wanted to watch it.. I have to watch the previous season.. Woah!!! 50 plus all in all? or its 60????!!
As I said before...
Quote:
I would say the most important are as follows:

It's a little better, anyway. And you don't have to watch it... but a few things will make more sense that way.
Old 2013-01-04, 22:19   Link #99
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
It's a little better, anyway. And you don't have to watch it... but a few things will make more sense that way.
Tanks I'm still downloading DC first season 13...
Old 2013-01-04, 22:25   Link #100
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Incidentally, if anyone is coming into this season cold, and is wondering "what, if anything, do I need to watch from the previous seasons to best understand this season", I think they are all important to some degree (each series is connected to the overall D.C. mythology), but I would say the most important are as follows:

I personally liked D.C.S.S. (one of the few?), but you can probably sum its "plot" by watching the last two episodes. D.C. II also fleshes out some characters, but also doesn't contribute all that much to the "ongoing plot".
I also liked the original Da Capo Second Season
I can also still remember that overall, I liked the original Da Capo (both seasons) a good bit more than Da Capo II.
My, that was quite a few years ago already...

Just going from the visuals and the preview, Da Capo II looks better than I and II already
I'll see if that still stands after watching the first episode.