AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 50.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 25.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-03, 02:19   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2013-07-06, 07:42   Link #2
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

8/10.... why?

because of the ending song... and A-tan got animated
Old 2013-07-06, 15:44   Link #3
ChampDream
Alive

7/10
like how they dedicated one episode for girl (or girls), but the two last episode were not that great for me
Old 2013-07-06, 17:52   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties. Fourth show finished for the 2013 Spring Anime Season

This fourth installment in the Hayate no Gotoku franchise gets a certified 76% passing grade from me, though I consider it the weakest entry in the title.

The humor, absent-mindedness, and gags are to expected of the quality inherited from the previous series, but I feel there is something missing or not properly executed.

For example, they introduced A-Tan like nothing went out of the ordinary, and yet she was hinted as a mystery character about to return to Japan towards the second's season finale.
In a sense, if they happen to produce yet another future installment, then I believe it would about time to return back with the manga ignoring what transpired in this series and Can't Take My Eyes Off You.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:24   Link #5
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
7/10.

Some episodes were really ok, while others were kinda boring. I thought showcasing different girls per episode was going to be fun...I was wrong.

The drawings, a great improvement from CTMEOY, but at least CTMEOY (plot), kept me wanting to watch it every week.

I really love Hayate no Gotoku!, but yea it should really adapt to the current events in the manga.
Old 2013-07-08, 06:14   Link #6
sky black swordman

A 8/10 for me.
Overall, I enjoyed the series more than I expected.The Animation and character desigs were (IMO) without a doubt much better that CTMEOY. The best part of the series for me was as always, my angel, Hina!!
If another season is made, I hope that it will more Hina!!
Old 2013-07-09, 16:02   Link #7
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
A 8/10 for me.
Overall, I enjoyed the series more than I expected.The Animation and character desigs were (IMO) without a doubt much better that CTMEOY. The best part of the series for me was as always, my angel, Hina!!
If another season is made, I hope that it will more Hina!!
I agree, Hina was great as always. But nevertheless I give the series a 6. Overall the series was pretty funny and each episode presented something else. But a negative was the lack of a defined plot and though the characters have been presented pretty well using the bits from the anime, it was a horror as for continuity issues (well, that's why I don't treat this one as canon). Furthermore, the last two episodes were bad. The timeskips were confusing and somehow Hata seems to have tried shipping Hayate - Nagi, which is in my opinion unnecessary in the context of this series (not to mention, that me as Hina-supporter don't like it).
Old 2013-09-21, 16:02   Link #8
GlassesLady
dat apple

Just finished watching this (yes, I'm slow). The humor and writing was a bit rocky in the first few episodes- it feels like they went to a bit of flanderizing, mainly in how the girls snapped at Hayate, in some scenes, which is rather grating- but after a bit it smoothed out, and there were plenty of great moments as it went on.

Highlights, for me: The parts of Alice's episode that didn't focus on Alice (shoulda just made it as Wataru and Saki episode), Isumi/Sakuya, idiot trio episode, Ayumu's episode, Chiharu/Kayura's ep, the second part of Maria' ep, and of course the last two (though as a lover of a) mind-screw-ish stuff and b) Hayate and Nagi I may be biased in that regard). ... It's not much of a highlights list of it covers more than half the series, is it? Whatever.

One thing, though: What the heck was up with the opening making Hina look like the main character and Hayate and Nagi like side characters? Just... what? They even put Hayate and Nagi's scene together in a way that made them look like the token lovey-dovey couple. Not that I wouldn't like that but I like how they did the ending credits sequences, though.

Altogether a good series. I rather hope Hata does more experimental-ish anime-original stories in the future, because I've loved what we've gotten so far (but like I said, I'm biased :P).

Also Suiyoubi no Sunday is a damn great song and I'm listening to it on loop now ok

My Pokemans; let me show you them.

Last edited by GlassesLady; 2013-09-21 at 16:25.
Old 2013-09-22, 08:09   Link #9
madmac

Cuties started out pretty rocky, and it was never great but overall I had a good time watching it. The last two episodes were my favorites, not just for the resolution but because it felt more like an old-school Hayate story then the rest of the season. Which is odd when half of the season was super old chapters, but eh.

If I wanted to break it down by episode:

1. Okay. First half was way too slow, but second half was good and I'm pretty fond of the manga storyline they used. (Again because it was refreshingly old-school.)

2. Alright. I'm a Nagi fan but aside from the zombie movie one these aren't chapters I would have picked really. A little too slow-paced.

3. Eh. There wasn't much more they could do with Alice but these were not great chapters originally or in this, even if it was nice to see Alice animated for the first time. Shoe-horning in a rushed version of Wataru's storyline didn't help matters.

4. I liked it. Isumi and Sakuya are always fun, and these were good picks for a change. It was nice to see them go the flashback route too, shame they didn't stick with that...

5. Meh. If I had to pick Hina stories I actually kinda like, these would be near the top, but I didn't like the execution. Also starts the trend for the season of pulling chapters way out of context and mangling them a bit too much.

6. It was fun. One of the better ones, surprisingly.

7. Loved the bike story in the manga, and it was almost as good here. Second half not so much. They took Ruka's introduction and spoiled most of what was good about it. Also swapped out Nagi/Chiharu for Hina/trio, which just felt awkward.

8. Hamster birthday story Yay! One of my favorites for the season, although the other stories they chose weren't amazing and it just emphasizes how ignored Hamster is as a character ever since Mykonos ended.

9. Ehh. I can barely remember what happened in this one. A lot like the Alice episode in that they didn't have much to work with for Kayura combined with it being ostensibly a half/half episode.

10. Classic Maria chapters are fun. Another character who never does anything anymore.

11-12. Was the highlight of the season for me, partly because Season 3 spoiled me on watching stuff I'd already read vs new material.

Quote:
One thing, though: What the heck was up with the opening making Hina look like the main character and Hayate and Nagi like side characters? Just... what? They even put Hayate and Nagi's scene together in a way that made them look like the token lovey-dovey couple.
Yeah, that was dumb. (Loved the Hayate/Nagi bit, don't get me wrong.) Just another entry in the long Manglobe saga of making clumsy overtures at Hina fans that are poorly done and feel disconnected from the rest of the movie/series.

See:

1. Hina's pointless angst in the movie that doesn't lead anywhere at all.

2. Episode 3 of CTMEOY that was apparently shopped out to a third party studio they cared so much about the animation quality. Again is a side adventure that ultimately doesn't have anything to do with anything. Hina making up with her sister is the closest thing to a coherent storyline she has in this season.

3. Just Cuties in general, which milks the OP and some other stuff throughout to try and make Hina seem more important, except not really. There's some hilariously misleading ads voiced by Hayate/Hina before it came out that are even funnier in retrospect.

I think a large part of it is that trying to pander to Hina shippers at the same time all the Manglobe stuff is going the completely opposite direction with Hayate/Nagi is inherently dumb. They did it really badly but it's kind of doomed to fail from the get-go.

Quote:
Also Suiyoubi no Sunday is a damn great song and I'm listening to it on loop now ok
I've long observed that Kayura is a much better anime character then a manga one. It's easier to throw in a bunch of references/cosplay gags and play with her deadpan delivery and such. I always feel like I get Kayura better when I'm watching her then reading her.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-09-22 at 09:09.
Old 2013-09-22, 10:45   Link #10
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I've long observed that Kayura is a much better anime character then a manga one. It's easier to throw in a bunch of references/cosplay gags and play with her deadpan delivery and such. I always feel like I get Kayura better when I'm watching her then reading her.
I actually has no idea that song was Kayura's. I just really liked it. But yeah, Kayura's fun, and her anime voice is great. :3

Also I'm gonna have to go look for those old ads now because that just sounds hilarious.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Closed Thread