AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 45.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 12.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-23, 18:17   Link #41
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
2chan thread:http://dec.2chan.net/18/res/9328509.htm
Just one thing, was Lucifer's boob fanservice really needed?? Come on DEEN
Spoiler for Boob service:
OH COME ON! As if Queen Blade was not enough on that field. Personally all stakes ARE MY ENEMIES! I seriously HATE SATANIC STUFF! This is one of many.
Other than that the subs might clarify some other things until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
...Wow, Kanon. xD

Good-looking episode of Stake-filled awesome.

Spoiler for cute shot <3:

Asmo and Beezie are awesome...it looks like a harem anime though
BTW these are all my enemies in real life. Also I wonder if someone will get rid of them in the course of the anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
For this episode...
Spoiler for wtf:

+The fight scene was done well but there could have been less dialogue imo.
+Kanon... bro... nice move...
+The normal voice of human Beato was done well.

-Gohda's death scene could have been better
-I thought they could have ended the episode at a different point but we'll see how next episode is.

10/10
HAHAHAAHAH! The face is a big LOL! Thanks for the remind!
Old 2009-09-23, 18:33   Link #42
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
OH COME ON! As if Queen Blade was not enough on that field. Personally all stakes ARE MY ENEMIES!
Vampire sighted.
Old 2009-09-23, 18:51   Link #43
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Vampire sighted.
Vampire? Well guess you can say I am Christian but I hope that the Endless witch becomes the end at some point.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:10   Link #44
y0shi

Is the Sub already out?

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
Old 2009-09-23, 19:13   Link #45
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Is the Sub already out?
Not yet, subs tend to come out early on Thursdays.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:28   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oppai~ bounce bounce! That sure helped the mood.
And in the ending sponsors, more ( ゚∀゚)o彡゜ Oppai!Oppai!

The Kumasawa thing was a big surprise... I laughed out loud at first though, because I thought "Great, now the old lady has a super barrier too", but it made more sense after she was revealed to be Beatrice's teacher...
Wait... It doesn't make sense that people can just appear out of nowhere though...

The usual...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-23, 19:33   Link #47
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Vampire? Well guess you can say I am Christian but I hope that the Endless witch becomes the end at some point.
So you hate the stakes because they have demon names?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:39   Link #48
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So you hate the stakes because they have demon names?
They don't only have demon names, they are demons and incarnations of certain of their attributes. It was clearly stated as that. No that is not the reason I hate the stakes as you mentioned.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:39   Link #49
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
The point of the stakes having those names is to parallel them to sins. They stake people with their corresponding sin (example: EP 2 Jessica was stabbed with Lust and Kanon with Wrath. Jessica obviously was in love with Kanon and he had a lot of pent up anger because of his furniture complex)
Old 2009-09-23, 19:55   Link #50
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The point of the stakes having those names is to parallel them to sins. They stake people with their corresponding sin (example: EP 2 Jessica was stabbed with Lust and Kanon with Wrath. Jessica obviously was in love with Kanon and he had a lot of pent up anger because of his furniture complex)
A good illustration and even in the bible it says similar meanings. Logically demons parallel sins themselves but also indulge people into committing them through certain whispers that people have no idea about because THEY ARE BLIND to them. They just go along like it would be nice to make a profit over one's misery or in case of Jessica ignorance for selfish love towards Kanon (I mean she cared more about the love than other affairs she should have).
Old 2009-09-23, 19:59   Link #51
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
A good illustration and even in the bible it says similar meanings. Logically demons parallel sins themselves but also indulge people into committing them through certain whispers that people have no idea about because THEY ARE BLIND to them. They just go along like it would be nice to make a profit over one's misery or in case of Jessica ignorance for selfish love towards Kanon (I mean she cared more about the love than other affairs she should have).
I wouldn't call it selfish. She is a teenager and Kanon does say that he has feelings for her too, but didn't want to indulge in them because of his furniture complex. If you think her love is selfish then you can chalk up all teenage love to selfishness.
Old 2009-09-23, 20:04   Link #52
chronotrig

Quote:
Umineko is (or at least, seems to be at this point) a story filled with analogies, many of which will pop up later.
Just because they call themselves demons doesn't mean they are, and just because someone has a certain name doesn't mean they're the same as the more famous bearers of that name. We don't know who gave them those names or why.

If you try to base your theories too much on the idea that the stakes are actually demons from hell, you might miss out on a large part of the story.
Even if you're anti-mystery, it's probably best if you don't take anything for granted.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-23, 20:17   Link #53
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't call it selfish. She is a teenager and Kanon does say that he has feelings for her too, but didn't want to indulge in them because of his furniture complex. If you think her love is selfish then you can chalk up all teenage love to selfishness.
Much teenage love is selfish but not all I would have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Umineko is (or at least, seems to be at this point) a story filled with analogies, many of which will pop up later.
Just because they call themselves demons doesn't mean they are, and just because someone has a certain name doesn't mean they're the same as the more famous bearers of that name. We don't know who gave them those names or why.

If you try to base your theories too much on the idea that the stakes are actually demons from hell, you might miss out on a large part of the story.
Even if you're anti-mystery, it's probably best if you don't take anything for granted.
They could be demons in disguise of illusions. I think Beatrice might have given them those names because witches tend to do that with familiars.

I think the stakes have the attributes of those demons but there is nothing to confirm they are demons from hell other than the fact that Beatrice uses Solomon magic and he had demon hordes under his commend that were really from hell.

Yeah I will not take things for granted but there is much taken fro granted from the characters in this series I noticed.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:06   Link #54
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Much teenage love is selfish but not all I would have to say.

They could be demons in disguise of illusions. I think Beatrice might have given them those names because witches tend to do that with familiars.

I think the stakes have the attributes of those demons but there is nothing to confirm they are demons from hell other than the fact that Beatrice uses Solomon magic and he had demon hordes under his commend that were really from hell.

Yeah I will not take things for granted but there is much taken fro granted from the characters in this series I noticed.
So would you hate Beatrice for all the more reason then?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:31   Link #55
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So would you hate Beatrice for all the more reason then?
That would be something to find out when this is over. After all haste makes waste but I certainly will hate her if she tries anything on Bernkastel.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:43   Link #56
Kazuki_Kun

Guys, aren't you all going a bit off topic? ^^;

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. I enjoyed the first half more the the second. Wasn't keen on the stake fanserivce, but as the show panders to a male japanese audience, its to be expected I suppose. I know there are quite alot've fangirls out there, too, though! Guess you guys got Battler in episode 11, so don't complain too much :P However, naked Battler was portrayed more as humiliation for him. However, from that stand point, you could say the boob thing was also a way to show humiliation for Lucifer. However, showing her sisters laughing at her would be humiliation enough, and being beaten by furniture she considered to be 'lowly', too.

Oh well, who knows. All i know is, is that if they wanted to put fanservice in, they could've much better put in somewhere that was less serious. I just felt it detracted from the scenes impact for me.

I did like loli Rosa, though. How cute! I liked her character design much more than most of the other Umineko females. Why DEEN, why did you fail so much with Maria and yet you make such a cute loli who is only ever shown for half an episode?! Shame on you, DEEN.

With some sub standard animation( or should I say the usual with DEEN?) aside, the pacing, and actual adaptation was spot on. let's hope they can keep it up. Now if only I could have decent animation and a great adaptation. If only it could have the SAKUGA animation quality for some of the scenes. It really deserves it.

Sigh, a boy can dream.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:50   Link #57
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
I did like loli Rosa, though. How cute! I liked her character design much more than most of the other Umineko females. Why DEEN, why did you fail so much with Maria and yet you make such a cute loli who is only ever shown for half an episode?! Shame on you, DEEN.
Maria was designed by Ryukishi, DEEN just drew her. I'm sure that the younger parents are made by DEEN though, unless Ryukishi made designs for them and handed them over to DEEN.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:51   Link #58
MarthX

People sure do make a big deal about a second that lasts 0.5 seconds.
Old 2009-09-23, 22:01   Link #59
Kazuki_Kun

Quote:
Maria was designed by Ryukishi, DEEN just drew her. I'm sure that the younger parents are made by DEEN though, unless Ryukishi made designs for them and handed them over to DEEN.
I was reffering more so to the godawful faces than her character design, I should've made that clearer Although, I still do have issues with some of the character designs. Shannon, Jessica, and Maria in paticular. In most of the Shannon scene's, they always seem to make her face look rather, how do i put it, hard? It looks sort of pointy, especially in a profile view. It makes her seem rather boyish. xD Also, to me, Jessica's eyes always look rather too large, or is it the hair? anyway, something bugs me.

I know ,I know, i'm nitpicking, but I always do when it comes to animation. I set my standards too high. It's also sometimes painful to watch, because being an artist myself (even though you cant tell from looking on my DA, which is a thousand years old >.>; ), i always think to myself " if only they altered this, it would look good", etc
Old 2009-09-23, 22:59   Link #60
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I didn't think that fanservice was out of place at all. Seriously speaking, Kanon didn't mean to cause that fanservice, just a side effect of the slash. What I wanted to see though was Kanon holding Lucifer by the neck, just so Kanon gets his GAR moment.
Closed Thread