AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-11, 09:36   Link #1741
Kirarakim

Seriously speaking he could lose the right one again if he goes back for Al. The theory about Hohenheim sacrificing himself to get Al back is interesting.

And of course Ed still has the automail leg.
Old 2010-05-11, 10:39   Link #1742
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Back to manga discussion:

Wouldn't it suck if Ed's left arm developed an infection from being impaled on that rusty pipe and he had to amputate it? He might need an automail arm after all, and this time no one can blame Truth!
That would be irony and suck!

Don't even say that kind of crap.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 10:50   Link #1743
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Back to manga discussion:

Wouldn't it suck if Ed's left arm developed an infection from being impaled on that rusty pipe and he had to amputate it? He might need an automail arm after all, and this time no one can blame Truth!
He didn't get an infection after his gut was impaled (not a serious one, anyway), so I'd assume he won't have to worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Seriously speaking he could lose the right one again if he goes back for Al. The theory about Hohenheim sacrificing himself to get Al back is interesting.

And of course Ed still has the automail leg.
We already know that Hoenheim doesn't intend to live after the day is over. He said as much the night before, shortly prior to the first real fight against Pride.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 11:00   Link #1744
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We already know that Hoenheim doesn't intend to live after the day is over. He said as much the night before, shortly prior to the first real fight against Pride.
Technically speaking going through the doors does not mean death. I assume Hohenheim's wish is to die not stay within the doors. But that doesn't mean he could do something that would both end his life and get Al back.
Old 2010-05-11, 11:02   Link #1745
GDB

Quote:
Technically speaking going through the doors does mean death. I assume Hohenheim's wish is to die not stay within the doors. But that doesn't mean he could do something that would both end his life and get Al back.
Pretty sure if he used up his stone as payment (and since he's finding it hard to move, I doubt he has that much left), he'd end up dying.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 11:17   Link #1746
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure if he used up his stone as payment (and since he's finding it hard to move, I doubt he has that much left), he'd end up dying.
Yes I guess that makes sense. If Hohenheim gave up his stone Al and him would probably make it back but I guess Hohenheim would die shortly after.
Old 2010-05-11, 12:44   Link #1747
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah! I managed to resist the spoilers and wait for the scanlated chapter. In the end, the spoilers weren't really as big as I thought they'd be from the reactions (I was sure someone died), Al had to go back to his body at some point after all, and it's not like he's dead or anything. Greed and Oliver arguing was fun. Father is one resilient bastard, it was cool to see all those people ganging up him. Enjoyed the Mustang/Riza team the most.

Like most people, I think Hohenheim is going to be the one to bring back Al. He's had a death wish for a while, and sacrificing himself to save his son sounds like a damn good way to go.
Old 2010-05-11, 13:14   Link #1748
kitten320

Saw the manga.
Somehow there would be more drama if Al couldn't come back, but it looks like it is possible.
Greed and Olivier fighting was funny^^
Poor Greed, finally realized what he wants.
Also liked how Riza and Roy were working together. If they are together, bothing can stop then
Old 2010-05-11, 14:08   Link #1749
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Technically speaking going through the doors does not mean death. I assume Hohenheim's wish is to die not stay within the doors. But that doesn't mean he could do something that would both end his life and get Al back.
This is making me think... when the homunculi forced Roy to go through the doors, the needed: an experienced alchemist (old doctor) and a homunculus to take the damage (Pride).

Well here we have lots of experienced alchemists (Ed, Hohenheim, etc.) and a homunculus (Greed). So couldn't they force Father through the doors, using him in exchange for their limbs and Al?

I hope something like this happens, it would be a fitting end for father to get trapped in the gate.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 15:22   Link #1750
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Eh? The viz releases i have stopped that quite a long time ago.
Are you sure? The latest volume released by Viz was 22 and I just checked mine and Hohenheim still says "Cselkcess" at the beggining of chapter 90. Not once have I seen it spelled correctly in my releases. =/

Also, I just checked the volume 8 omake (again, in English by Viz) and what it says is "So I told the animators the whole story, including the final episode." >_>

"the whole story" sounds like a mistranslation since Arakawa never even had it all planned out like that, but the fact that it mentions the "final episode" is more proof for me to believe she did tell BONES her plans for the ending. All the fan scanlations mention it too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 16:18   Link #1751
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
"the whole story" sounds like a mistranslation since Arakawa never even had it all planned out like that, but the fact that it mentions the "final episode" is more proof for me to believe she did tell BONES her plans for the ending. All the fan scanlations mention it too.
Wikipedia has something on this beyond that omake.

Quote:
During the development of the first anime, Arakawa allowed the anime staff to work independently from her, and requested having a different ending from the one in the manga. She said that she would not like to repeat the same ending in both media, as well as to make the manga longer to work more in the development of the characters. When watching the ending of the anime, she was amazed about how different the homunculi creatures were from the manga and enjoyed how the staff speculated about the origins of the villains. As Arakawa also helped the Bones staff in the making of the series, she was kept busy from focusing on the manga's cover illustrations and had little time to make them.
This piece of information was taken from Full Metal Alchemist: Perfect Guidebook 2.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 17:01   Link #1752
KnightOfTwo

Loved 107, though I was somehow expecting it to be longer. I with agree with virtually everyone that Hohenheim will be sacrificed to get Al back, though I have a much more bittersweet/depressing ending in mind which could work out several different ways. The Roy/Riza team was fun and it was a nice touch to see Roy using alchemy like Ed and Al. Best part though for me was May's freak out face, absolutely priceless.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 17:35   Link #1753
dranbit

That reminds me, poor May. She doesn´t know that there is a chance to Al to come back. As long as she knows, she kill the person she "love". But in the end she had the courage to do the only possible thing in that situation to save Ed and defeat Father.
dranbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 17:59   Link #1754
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

The color page with all of them together is really cool. Haha you can see Hughes arm with a picture of his daughter. That guy never ceases to make me laugh . Well I'm going to be an optimist and be happy about the fact that Al at least got his body back. Now all that needs to happen to is bring him back.
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:22.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 20:58   Link #1755
KnightOfTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranbit View Post
That reminds me, poor May. She doesn´t know that there is a chance to Al to come back. As long as she knows, she kill the person she "love". But in the end she had the courage to do the only possible thing in that situation to save Ed and defeat Father.
Well it will still be amusing when Al gets brought back and she sees how he embellished about his appearance to her, not to mention the fact he will probably be naked.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 21:09   Link #1756
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
Well it will still be amusing when Al gets brought back and she sees how he embellished about his appearance to her, not to mention the fact he will probably be naked.

Aww well I am sure Mei will overlook that (He will eventually look like how he described. He just needs some food exercise and rest and he will be a healthy growing boy again).

Also I was discussing with someone else about Hohenheim being the one to get Al back. I still think Hohenheim will possibly offer his philosopher stone as the toll. However, Ed will most likely still have to be the one to get Al because of the connection between their doors. But I think I would rather see Ed go for Al anyways. It just seems more fitting in a way.
Old 2010-05-12, 05:30   Link #1757
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
I'm with Kirakim on this one. She might even like what she sees:
Spoiler for picture:

I know I'm childish XD

Hmm, I find the Greed theories rather interesting, since I never could imagine a proper place for him during/after the end. I kind of expected Hoho to save the day at the end from the start, too.
Ed going to sacrifice himself like in the first anime would suck. Specially, since he supposedly learned that self-sacrifice isn't the desirable thing and won't make Al happy.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:00   Link #1758
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I'm with Kirakim on this one. She might even like what she sees:
Spoiler for picture:

I know I'm childish XD
Eh, I can totally see that happen

Quote:
Also I was discussing with someone else about Hohenheim being the one to get Al back. I still think Hohenheim will possibly offer his philosopher stone as the toll. However, Ed will most likely still have to be the one to get Al because of the connection between their doors. But I think I would rather see Ed go for Al anyways. It just seems more fitting in a way.
Yes, I think that's the best way to do it. Ed just HAS to be the one to bring Al back, though unlike in the first anime, he won't have to sacrifice himself since he has extra help. Either Hohenheim or Greed, or both. It might even somehow be possible to bring Al back without anyone dying, it would end the story on a very positive note.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:18   Link #1759
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It might even somehow be possible to bring Al back without anyone dying, it would end the story on a very positive note.
I'd wager Hohenheim will die even if he doesn't use himself as a sacrifice. It looks like he can't even manage regeneration in this chapter, so he's probably pretty close to death. It's probably something of an ogre's choice: die now (and save Al), or regenerate and die a little bit later.

But I wonder if Ed will get his leg back too. Not sure about that one.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:16   Link #1760
Bern-san

i hope that greed isn't, i mean it would be cool but i love greedling x lan fan and they have to return to xing showing that have discovered inmortality (may stays with al and maybe al helps her familiy or something like that^^)