Old 2011-04-10, 04:49   Link #12981
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Army "ready to use force" to clear Cairo square
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73754M20110410
Old 2011-04-10, 11:08   Link #12982
sa547
*Author

Seems that this piece of news haven't got noted yet: I felt like I was kicked in the nuts after I read that Ishihara got voted again for the 4th time.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110410...iticstokyovote

Not surprisingly, a large percentage of those who voted for him are mostly the elderly who still thought him as the best man for the job, despite many cases of causing controversy over his remarks and/or actions. The other candidates don't put up much with his big stick.
Old 2011-04-10, 13:04   Link #12983
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Seems that this piece of news haven't got noted yet: I felt like I was kicked in the nuts after I read that Ishihara got voted again for the 4th time.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110410...iticstokyovote

Not surprisingly, a large percentage of those who voted for him are mostly the elderly who still thought him as the best man for the job, despite many cases of causing controversy over his remarks and/or actions. The other candidates don't put up much with his big stick.
How the fuck does he get elected after saying Japan deserved the earthquake and tsunami? That should be career suicide for a politician in any reasonable nation.
Old 2011-04-10, 13:43   Link #12984
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
How the fuck does he get elected after saying Japan deserved the earthquake and tsunami? That should be career suicide for a politician in any reasonable nation.
He appeals to the old people, which like the USA, holds enough political power to screw the younger generations.
Old 2011-04-10, 14:10   Link #12985
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The older generation believes as he believes is probably the best reason. The secondary reason would be, who ran against him? Was that person qualified, or would in be better to go with the one you know already?

A Proverb states: "With your choices are two criminals, go with the criminal you know."
Old 2011-04-10, 15:36   Link #12986
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

NYSE rejects Nasdaq takeover bid, favors Deutsche Boerse
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...20436920110410
Old 2011-04-11, 02:31   Link #12987
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Like others have said, he appeals to the older generation, and they have a way of making things hard for the younger folk. As for reasonable nations, I do wonder if any of them even exist anymore (apart from maybe Canada)
Old 2011-04-11, 03:53   Link #12988
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Like others have said, he appeals to the older generation, and they have a way of making things hard for the younger folk. As for reasonable nations, I do wonder if any of them even exist anymore (apart from maybe Canada)
You can put Canada with the rest of the world; we are as unreasonable as the other.
Old 2011-04-11, 04:29   Link #12989
flying ^

a good read just in time for the 50th anniversary of man's first spaceflight

http://russianhistoryblog.org/2011/0...ousand-rumors/

Last edited by flying ^; 2011-04-11 at 04:40.
Old 2011-04-11, 06:23   Link #12990
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You can put Canada with the rest of the world; we are as unreasonable as the other.
If you say so, tho it's far more appealing than the UK or the US from where I'm standing
Old 2011-04-11, 06:33   Link #12991
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What about Australia?
Old 2011-04-11, 06:36   Link #12992
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What about Australia?
Their PM wants(wanted?) to regulate the internet. Their govt does not have my seal of approval

Points go to the people there tho. I haven't met a single australian person I couldn't get along with. They were all awesome.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:19   Link #12993
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
If you say so, tho it's far more appealing than the UK or the US from where I'm standing
Our gouvernement is more and more turning like the US one.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:59   Link #12994
killer3000ad

Iron Dome protects Israel against Hamas rockets

Cool video of Iron Dome in action recently.
Old 2011-04-11, 09:29   Link #12995
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Iron Dome protects Israel against Hamas rockets

Cool video of Iron Dome in action recently.
Got to love those Askelonian Idiots.

they get told, repeatedly, that Iron dome is NOT going to provide a 100% solution, that its not going to be able to stop ALL rocket attacks and that they should stick to the normal response of "seek shelter whenever you hear the Siren".

and yet, instead of seeking shelter, their response to the Siren is "pull out the cellphone and start recording to put it on Youtube."
Old 2011-04-11, 09:53   Link #12996
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Got to love those Askelonian Idiots.

they get told, repeatedly, that Iron dome is NOT going to provide a 100% solution, that its not going to be able to stop ALL rocket attacks and that they should stick to the normal response of "seek shelter whenever you hear the Siren".

and yet, instead of seeking shelter, their response to the Siren is "pull out the cellphone and start recording to put it on Youtube."
Are those smoke trails that of marking rockets, or conventional ones?

If that is what is called a rocket "barrage", I seriously think Hezbollah should stop wasting money on buying more artillery and start feeding their refugees and own people - a single 60cm HEI mortar round can buy 20 packs of chicken rice (40-50 in Malaysia).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-11, 09:58   Link #12997
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Are those smoke trails that of marking rockets, or conventional ones?

If that is what is called a rocket barrage, I seriously think Hezbollah should stop wasting money on buying more artillery and start feeding their refugees and own people - a single 60cm HEI mortar round can buy 20 packs of chicken rice (40-50 in Malaysia).
the "barrage" in question was a 5 missile barrage, of which Iron dome shotdown 3 because those were headed towards the City.
and while almost absuredly ineffective for military purposes, those rockets, if they land in populated areas, could stll cause damage, which is the whole point.
those are not weapons of war, those are weapons of terror.

also, keep in mind that larger barrages require more complex preperations to pull off.
and more complex preperations increase the odds of you being spotted.
and being spotted increases the chance that you will see what a rocket strikes looks like up close.
Old 2011-04-11, 11:26   Link #12998
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the "barrage" in question was a 5 missile barrage, of which Iron dome shotdown 3 because those were headed towards the City.
and while almost absuredly ineffective for military purposes, those rockets, if they land in populated areas, could stll cause damage, which is the whole point.
those are not weapons of war, those are weapons of terror.

also, keep in mind that larger barrages require more complex preperations to pull off.
and more complex preperations increase the odds of you being spotted.
and being spotted increases the chance that you will see what a rocket strikes looks like up close.
I was a frontliner back in my army days, not a support platoon guy. I only know if a round from a sky emits smoke, it is time to jump into the nearest ditch/drain and pray the following rounds don't hit you.

Besides, is the Iron Dome some kind of Active Defence System like Trophy, or is it an anti-missile rocket launcher?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-11, 11:39   Link #12999
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was a frontliner back in my army days, not a support platoon guy. I only know if a round from a sky emits smoke, it is time to jump into the nearest ditch/drain and pray the following rounds don't hit you.

Besides, is the Iron Dome some kind of Active Defence System like Trophy, or is it an anti-missile rocket launcher?
you give them too much credit for assuming that they can actually get a real aim from the tracers.
or that they stick around long enough to actually change their aim according to it.

as for Iron dome, Its a C-RAM system that fires missiles at the rockets and can protect a very large area compared to most C-RAM systems.
its also capable of computing the trejectory of an incoming rocket, and only engage it if its going to hit an area that the system recognizes as populated.
Old 2011-04-11, 12:33   Link #13000
solomon

France begins full veil ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13031397

This has been in the works for a while now.

I support France's policy of lacite in general, but in all honestly this is going to far and they are just asking for blowback on this one in my opinon. I've seen full veiled people for years in US cities and few people really cared (at least until all the 9/11 craziness).
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international