3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.95%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 14:14   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-01 at 13:57.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:55   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Higurashi Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-05-02, 13:27   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just like episode one, episode five opens up with.....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-02, 20:28   Link #4
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Spoiler for screenies for episode 5 prologue:

So beautiful~<3 <3 <3 TT_TT
Old 2006-05-02, 20:48   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

Why is it that the characters come back to life for each chapter?
Old 2006-05-02, 21:07   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Because it's to show you alternate routes that could have been taken during each arc so you can get a better understanding of things, while figuring out more of the mystery.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-05-02, 21:55   Link #7
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Just like episode one, episode five opens up with.....
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ok, my episode 5 comments with highlights. Only read if you have already seen episode 5, or don't mind being spoiled:
Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2006-05-02, 23:33   Link #8
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Er, Sushi, from your reaction to the "opening scene", can we assume that the show is now diverging from the direct path the game took? I.E. the scene in episode 5 isn't Watanagashi-hen's climax scene from the original game?

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2006-05-03, 00:28   Link #9
FubaredByAnime

Just checked out the raw ...

The first 30 seconds just blew my mind. And I thought Narutaru was memorable ... I can't wait to read the blogs to see what people think of this scene.
Old 2006-05-03, 00:36   Link #10
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
Er, Sushi, from your reaction to the "opening scene", can we assume that the show is now diverging from the direct path the game took? I.E. the scene in episode 5 isn't Watanagashi-hen's climax scene from the original game?

Spoiler for episode 5:
Ah, no, er, well, the episode itself is 100% Watanagashi. The "event" that happened in the opening scene of this episode is a part of Watanagashi as well. However, in the original game, we didn't get to actually see that "event" until Meakashi, which is the 5th chapter of the game (the "answer" chapter to Watanagashi).

So, no, the story isn't diverting, it's just showing more contents than what the original game's Watanagashi-hen had. But hey, that's not a bad thing either, aha, ahahaha ...... crap, hope I didn't spoil anything
Old 2006-05-03, 01:23   Link #11
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Ah, no, er, well, the episode itself is 100% Watanagashi. The "event" that happened in the opening scene of this episode is a part of Watanagashi as well. However, in the original game, we didn't get to actually see that "event" until Meakashi, which is the 5th chapter of the game (the "answer" chapter to Watanagashi).

So, no, the story isn't diverting, it's just showing more contents than what the original game's Watanagashi-hen had. But hey, that's not a bad thing either, aha, ahahaha ...... crap, hope I didn't spoil anything
If anything, I'm more curious now. Wish my Japanese was better so I could watch the raws without the need for "assistance"...
Old 2006-05-03, 02:30   Link #12
Freakman

[reserved for ep 5 impressions]
Sushi : as someone pointed out on the main higurashi board, choosing that particular scene for the opener seems weird (although that's debatable). I'll write more in the game thread since it involves spoilers.
Old 2006-05-03, 09:30   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yep, gruesome as it was and disheartening to see it, putting that at the top of this chapter was a good one by the production staff - it really grabs the attention, especially to anime viewers who hasn't played the game. What better way to bitch slap the viewer that you ain't seeing just a loli-moe~ show than to start off with

Spoiler:

One thing that did catch my attention was how they changed the game scene at Mion's uncle's toy shop. Overall it got the job done so I guess it doesn't really matter; especially since the anime isn't going onto Minagoroshi-hen.
Old 2006-05-03, 17:38   Link #14
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Ahaha... I loved this episode.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-05, 15:40   Link #15
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
One thing that did catch my attention was how they changed the game scene at Mion's uncle's toy shop.
Unfortunately they also had to skip the whole curry cookout event (which happened just before the bento box event). ...Omg what if they made Chiel-sensei a spaghetti loving maniac in this anime too!? It'd be the most twisted parody ever if they actually did that.

The doll event also lost some of its impact because there was only one doll. In the game, the toy shop ojisan actually gave everybody a doll except Mion (in other words, Mion was only one who didn't get anything). And even knowing that, Keiichi still gave Rena the doll instead of giving it to Mion. It shows just how much Keiichi didn't believe dolls suited Mion.

Again, minor details that doesn't really affect the story, but would've been nice if they kept them.
Old 2006-05-06, 22:29   Link #16
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
i just downloaded ep 5 subs....still trying to decide if it's a good thing to watch it at midnight *shivers*... ~.~

EDIT:
nvm...it was an awesome ep....Shion~~~....the opening scene was rather gruesome too...^^
cant wait for ep 6....

Last edited by Crimen Scythe; 2006-05-06 at 23:23.
Old 2006-05-07, 00:29   Link #17
FubaredByAnime

Watched the fansub finally. Can never get over the first 30 seconds. Gosh darn ... Well, here's the question on my mind after first viewing and quick review.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-07, 00:35   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Watched the fansub finally. Can never get over the first 30 seconds. Gosh darn ... Well, here's the question on my mind after first viewing and quick review.

Spoiler:
Read the TIPS thread. One of the TIPS will definitely give out a clue to one of your questions.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-07 at 03:06.
Old 2006-05-07, 06:09   Link #19
adamatari

Since we're being very careful about tags:

Spoiler for specualation about the Mion/Shion pair:
Old 2006-05-07, 08:22   Link #20
BrokenWingz

Well, the starting for each chapter is eccentric.
Spoiler:

Ohwell, an interesting and not as scary ep xD

Quote:
Sushi : as someone pointed out on the main higurashi board, choosing that particular scene for the opener seems weird (although that's debatable). I'll write more in the game thread since it involves spoilers.
Btw am i allowed to ask what site the higurashi main board is?
Closed Thread