AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-07-17, 23:32   Link #201
AznOverThere
<3DenseSyrupyPeachFlavour

lights on in the dark ( dont wanna trip on the bath room break >.>) and i never watch anime with head phones on
AznOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 00:14   Link #202
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow who saved my avalanching thread? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznOverThere
lights on in the dark ( dont wanna trip on the bath room break >.>) and i never watch anime with head phones on

Lights on in the dark?? Eh? O_o;;

You should try headphones, it really immerses you into the anime world...
Old 2006-07-18, 01:05   Link #203
Lost

Lights off if night time; blinds down in day time; I hate the reflecting glare on my screen. I watch with my 5.1 speakers. Sometimes I recline on my red comfy sofa to watch (mostly for "deep" series like Mushishi where I really wanna get immersed) other times...

...I just sit on my normal desk chair close to the screen. I watch from a 17" CRT; tho I wish I could get a TV soon, so I can watch from bed. (altho speaker positioning for watching from bed would be a headache). What ever I watch goes fullscreen. Everything else disappears for that 23 minutes.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-18 at 01:28.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 08:45   Link #204
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lights on at nighttime. I can't endure to watch the screen alone in the dark.

With headphones so nobody listens, and thinks I'm doing gibberish on my laptop.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 14:57   Link #205
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
I have a Sony WEGA 42" LCD TV that is connected to my computer via s-video at 1024x768 resolution. I watch all of my downloaded anime on my TV with the Creative speakers connected to my computer. I sit on the couch and I usually have a snack or a drink or something.

For anime I own on DVD, I use a similar setup, except instead of using my PC for playback I use my Xbox 360 connected using HDTV cables. And I use the Bose speakers connected to my TV rather than my PC speakers.

Oh yeah, I watch all of my anime in the pitch dark. My entertainment room is in the basement so it is dark anytime of the day. I like this setup a lot. Much better than watching my anime on a tiny computer screen on an uncomfortable chair.
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 10:48   Link #206
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

Me?Heh,I watch anime with my trusty Mr.Oddie,an elephant plushie. Other than that?Hmmm,a glass of ice lemon tea,homemade of course,my big pillow and my spectacles,couldn't see without them!
Elhaym Van Houten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 14:06   Link #207
Taydn
TBA

Send a message via AIM to Taydn
I watch subs on my computer when im not to lazy to burn them for my dvd player
Taydn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 17:04   Link #208
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I watch anime in cargoes and a fleece sweatshirt, drinking a can of Vernors. The almighty Vernors....
Old 2006-12-22, 18:16   Link #209
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I usually watch it on my 19" Viewsonic flatscreen using an AMD 64 machine with decent vid and memory, both DVDs and fansubs. But sometimes we'll hoof it over to the "den of TV" where we watch it using either the DVD player or the video converter output on a larger screen.
Old 2006-12-22, 18:20   Link #210
Gundam Zero Force

I watch anime on my computer . . . . best sound quality I got and the screen is big too
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 20:46   Link #211
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Nothing much to brag about, i got a 17" CRT monitor and a 15" travel-TV right next to it, but you don't see it in the picture xD
Spoiler for The spot :):
Old 2007-01-01, 14:32   Link #212
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Media Player Classic

Last edited by psycho bolt; 2007-01-01 at 15:53.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 15:37   Link #213
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

I usually watch them at my desk in my bedroom on my 17" CRT desktop pc with a pair of pj and tshirt, will add a polar fleece vest in winter. Sometimes i'll watch it on my laptop while i'm waiting my turn playing golf on the pc. when i have company to watch it with, i hook my laptop on the tv in the living room. ^^
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 16:02   Link #214
shengin_shadow
the forth hokage

On a tv projector or on a 21 inch plasma tv my grandma gave me for my birthday.With surround sound speakers or on a tv projector.
shengin_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:14   Link #215
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

If it´s on weekdays it´s usually when I´m back home from school. After dinner I make myself a night snack (popcorn, ice cream or whatever that can be found. ) and then relax in my rocking chair and take it easy.

On weekends and free days I enjoy to be lazy and watching it in bed.

But that´s for the cold season, on the summer it´s only at the evening since I don´t want to miss out on the sunshine.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 06:42   Link #216
retardation
phantom loser

my laptop monitor is 17". it's pretty nice imo.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 04:27   Link #217
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

FOR SUBTITLES : It would be really cool if windows magnifier tool could be used for a certain region of screen/monitor only . That we could concentrate magnifer on the bottom of the screen giving us the freedom to sit at a distance of more than 2-3 feet away from the monitor .

I have only seen a few subs which you could relax and watch from a distance . But if this type of region centric magnification was possible I could watch anime for 24 hours straight .
Old 2007-01-03, 04:46   Link #218
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I watch my Anime (fanssubs and DVD's) on my computer.
My computer is all brand new, at a price of just about 3000 US Dollars
I use this monitor:
a 19" NEC MultiSync 90GX2
with a clearview screen
and I use a headset for sound.
this one:

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 16:50   Link #219
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Red face

I watch all my downloads or burns of shows that won't see in the U.S on my laptop computer -Toshiba A75-226. Other than that I watch them on my 'Sharp' 21" TV, either through my 'Sampo' region-free DVD player or my old 'Pioneer' DVL-700 DVD/LD combo player. All of which are hooked up to my 'Panasonic' 5-disc changer mini system. Of course I need to do a better job on my hook-up to get the sound working through the other pro-logic speakers. But at least 3 get sound. I really don't use it much. About 90% of my anime viewing is done on the computer either alone or with friends. The other percentage of my viewing is done on my equipment if I have the DVD/s of the show in my possession. I also watch those with friends as well.

Most of the shows I check out to see if there is something of interest to either myself or my job. It helps me to stay on top of things.

This is what I do when I'm viewing anime.

If there is a series I end up liking a great deal and it has almost low to NO chance of coming over I'll burn it to a disc and file it away for future viewing on my computer.
-ie. 'Gaogaigar' had practically no chance of coming over but by some miracle it was licensed. Even though I have a burn for it I never had the chance of watching it. But I have watched the entire series "raw" years before. I do plan on buying the complete series in the future whether I have a burn or not.

If it's a show that I enjoyed but have no intention of holding on to it for whatever reason or possibilities of a license I'll delete it after watching it.
-ie. 'Sumomomo Momomo', 'Ah, My Goddess', 'Tsubasa Chronicles', 'Welcome to the N.H.K., 'Mai-Otome', 'Death Note', 'Melancholy of Suzumiya'-now licensed. *Usually, my interest is leaning toward yes on some and no on others. Usually, by this time I've either finished or I don't care to.

If the show ends up being licensed during or after my viewing of it I'll delete it immediately from my machine.
-ie. 'Black Lagoon', 'Blood+'.

In some cases there are some shows that have been licensed but I held onto them because I liked them a great deal while awaiting a release date. So I wouldn't delete them until the company announced a "street date".
-ie. 'Kurau Phantom Memory' was such a title that I would not let go of until 'ADVfilm' gave final word of a release. Mind you they had licensed the series in 2004 the same year it aired. Yet other series who were airing or finishing up their runs during that year were licensed and released only a few short months after ending. In 2007 it was finally announced for a release date in 'April'. Now I can let it go.

If there is a show that has been licensed but was released already. I'll search for files and watch the show. If I find that the show is to my liking I will purchase it for my collection. If not I will not buy it.
-ie. 'Shakugan no Shana', 'Chrono Crusade','Noir', Berserk', 'Masquerade', 'Spaceship Agga Ruter', 'Mezzo Forte', 'Mezzo DNS','The Gokusen', and many more.
*In the case with 'Noir' and 'Berserk', I was introduced to these shows through a friend years ago. When fansubs were converted to VHS and sold at shops that dealt with selling bootlegs of import media goods. I never finished either show. I liked what I saw and finished several years later in 2004 and 2005. I eventually ended up owning 'Noir' toward the end of 2006. Now for 'Berserk'.

If the "selected" shows I have filed away (either on DVD-R or external HDD) end up being licensed one day, I'll still keep them filed away for reference. They will be used for no other reason than that. Files on the external HDD will either be transferred to disc or deleted depending on the importance. Commercial copies will be purchased and used for proper viewing and ownership.
-ie. In the case of 'Mai-HiME', I enjoyed the background notes so much I had the series burned on disc for that reason. Same goes for 'Witchblade'. While the series was licensed a long time ago there are differences in the TV version -vs- the DVD version that have to be seen to be believed. Chances are we may not see the TV version on DVD. Other cases are shows that are licensed but will not receive releases or are edited. Like 'Pretty Cure' or 'Gash Bell'.

So as you see this is how I do it. I use fansub files the same way folks use the concept of TV to VHS. I purchase what I can get and hold onto what I can't. I'm also very picky of what the final take will be yet will be open to viewing anything. For awhile I used to buy imports often, but I just couldn't keep shelling out that type of money for something that had high chances of coming over domestically. It's the reason I have my equipment in the first place. I purchased 'Devilman Lady' on LD years ago. Then the series was released here years later. Bought 'Brigadoon' on DVD, and it was finally released. Yet no one cares for it. So I don't feel so bad owning the imports. I got those cute little trading cards. So I spend the money on 'game' and 'anime' soundtracks and singles, artbooks, obscure manga titles, Japanese DVDs and import games. That's about as import as I'll buy these days. The rest of the dough goes to buy stuff released here. So I'm as thorough as it gets. Hehehe!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-01-06 at 14:39.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 12:44   Link #220
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

How do you watch your anime??

Just wondering how others get their daily (or in my case hourly) dose of anime. Do you watch it on your computer, burn to a dvd, or what have you. Myself, I transfer the shows to my xbox and use XBMC to watch it. Perfect quality and no need to waste dvds! So far ive got 42 anime series on there.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-04 at 17:51. Reason: Threads merged. Heck, you even gave it the same darn title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IronFox is offline   Reply With Quote