AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 09:03   Link #21
Midonin
Last Engage

Kanae reminds me so much of Sherlock, in her appearance and ability to do the impossible seemingly on a whim. Like creating a double of herself. Nasuno is the same way, and Yuri is a wonderful straight man in all of this. It's only two minutes of absurd comedy, but I'll take what I can get.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:09   Link #22
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's only two minutes of absurd comedy, but I'll take what I can get.
Actually, it's only about a minute and a half, excluding the 30 seconds that the OP consumes. Nonetheless, I do find it quite fun to watch. Those 90 seconds are certainly crammed full of ridiculous, if not downright idiotic, humor. It's like taking a normal 24 minute comedy episode and extracting only the absolute essentials for the "punch lines," whatever they may be. I like it.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 23:49   Link #23
Utsuro no Hako

I wish Crunchyroll had a half-speed option, 'cause there's no way I can read the subtitles that fast.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 05:42   Link #24
Sol Falling

This is to my tastes. The insanity/frantic humour is pretty compelling, not to mention the girls, lol.

I've never watched Softenni before. Anybody mind giving a brief description of it?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 07:48   Link #25
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This is to my tastes. The insanity/frantic humour is pretty compelling, not to mention the girls, lol.

I've never watched Softenni before. Anybody mind giving a brief description of it?
A bunch of middle school girls form a soft tennis club, despite most having little to no experience.

ST screams ecchi, with a pantyshot almost every minute and even some nudity. Plus, one of the girls has a tendency to mistake certain comments for sexual innuendos (and often gets turned on by them).
Old 2012-10-15, 08:42   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

A little bit of raunchy humor never hurt. Asuna was great, but the strength of Softenni was Kurusu, who violated the laws of physics on a regular basis. It also had Liz. The two shows skew pretty similar.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:20   Link #27
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If they plays this slow with punchline, those 1.5 minutes probably can be extended to 6-7 minutes. Airtime is too expensive i guess
Old 2012-10-21, 09:04   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

The yuri levels (and Yuri levels) are off the charts. I don't know how many perverted Kana Hanazawa characters there have been, but Marimo would top the list for sure. Also, "our homework is to copy an encyclopedia." To just breathlessly insert a line like that is why I love this show.
Old 2012-10-22, 17:18   Link #29
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

this is confirmed it is 200% yuri
Old 2012-10-25, 02:16   Link #30
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Holy. That KanaHana voicing a character with dialect and a perverted one...
Me gusta...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 23:36   Link #31
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Marimo-senpai...

She's not clingy, she is just a yuri pervert
Old 2012-10-28, 09:04   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage

Kanae's house - or rather, the Saito house - couldn't have aired at a better time. It's as good a haunted house as you'll ever find in anime, with corpses strewn about, the mysterious stain on the wall, and clothes that defy the laws of physics. The gag density of this show for its running time is impressive, and most of the jokes land, too. It's like Sherlock's come back to me - which means Marimo is Cordelia, Nasuno is Nero, and that leaves Yuri as poor Hercule.
Old 2012-11-04, 10:06   Link #33
Midonin
Last Engage

"We shrunk!"
"That was the opening!"

Okay, that one landed perfectly. For the first episode that both had all four girls together, and all playing tennis, it was splendid. The split-second appearance of that thing Marimo summoned was also perfectly well-timed. Softenni may be ending, but this manga, this show is more than worthy of being its successor.
Old 2012-11-11, 10:04   Link #34
Midonin
Last Engage

As the show goes on, I think the pace of the jokes has slowed a bit, but the intensity of the jokes are going in an even more out there direction (as if such a thing was possible). Nasuno having enough influence to change the weather, the idea of holding a swimming pool episode on a rainy day, and Marimo lapping anything everyone has ever said and done on OniAi - it's all here. I can understand why such a short show is slipping under the radar, but if this was full length, I can imagine more than a few people being surprised at what the show's getting away with.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:04   Link #35
Midonin
Last Engage

Maybe there is a heart underneath all the wackiness. Though given the already abbreviated run time, that was one of the quickest montages I've seen, ever. I do like how half the ideas Kanae got for boosting the club seemed to come from HTT's modus operandi, and worked just about as well. If this group ever does get a fifth member, it'll most likely be someone like the other three instead of Yuri.

(Seeing an entire three-act structure condensed into 90 seconds is something else.)
Old 2012-11-22, 20:57   Link #36
chaos_animagic

This show is by far better than all others.

LOL, I just can't get enough of the super fast pace, it's so crazy, that it's awesome to a whole new level.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:08   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

A Nasuno episode... kind of. The thought bubble gag with her father (Kanae picturing him as a clown, Marimo thinking of a barbershop pole) was great, along with the sudden appearance of tigers and Feng Shui in what would otherwise be a normal cooking adventure. But since when has Teekyuu ever done "normal"? And Nasuno, like Luna Edomae, has a famous figure for a dad - Colonel Sanders. I've never seen montages fly by as fast as they have in this series.

Really hope this gets a second order of 12 episodes. And maybe a full length series sometime in the future.
Old 2012-11-27, 02:28   Link #38
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wait, what is the last episode? I have only watched ep 7.

But yeah i simply love this show, and every character in it. It's so underrated!!
Old 2012-11-27, 02:48   Link #39
FateAnomaly

This show isn't bad but things happen so fast and its so short. But i guess its part of what makes it interesting.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 22:32   Link #40
Seihai
スマイリウム

Excellent. Finally a slow paced horror anime with 100% accuracy of the laws of physics. I'm stunned by the symbolism this show uses.

My brain might be in a state of confusion right now. I think about 200 more episodes of this would help me cure it.

Tags
slice of life, sports