AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 20:31   Link #541
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

wow , even though i knew this was coming , i think Rossiu totally blew it , i just don't see how he'll be able to face simon after , better yet , how will he redeem himself .
And suddenly , having said that I just realized that there is a big Death mark right under his head . will he survive this arc ? only the future..will tell us .
Also , damn , dark Nia is hot .
Old 2007-07-29, 21:01   Link #542
Destructive

Rossiu will redeem himself. Step one would be giving back his core drill after making him a scapegoat to satisfy the retarded people.

The question is if he'll stay alive.

P.S. Nia has to go....
Old 2007-07-30, 01:24   Link #543
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't think Rossiu totally blew it.
Judging from the subtitles of the future episodes, he will come back to aid Simon I'm sure.

The one that really blew it are the totally moronic, idiotic, and retarded citizens.
It's to the point where I could careless if the entire rest of the human population other than Dai-Gurren members all gets wiped out.

As long as Simon and co. wins, I could careless what happens to the moronic human race.
Old 2007-07-30, 02:02   Link #544
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
There are something weird about these Anti Spiral people; they are acting like Spiral King, but in a larger scale.
- They let the Spiral race live peacefully and only eliminate them if they becomes a thread.
- They know exactly where those spiral people live and only install system to limit their number NOT kill them right from the start.
- Spiral races live on several other planets as well; Anti-Spiral only eliminate those who are on the one which will becomes dangerous.
- They gave a nice warning before attacking the Spiral; they even gave them 3 weeks early warning before ramming another planet into them to have them hide underground to avoid extinction.

It seems more like Anti-Spiral was only trying to limit the number of spiral race. For some reason not eliminate them... very similar to whats spiral kind was doing all along, keep human in limited number underground.

I would lol'd so hard if it turns out that Anti-spiral race limit spiral race to protect them both from the "triangle" race AKA Dimensional Goverment etc.
Old 2007-07-30, 03:21   Link #545
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't think Rossiu totally blew it.
Judging from the subtitles of the future episodes, he will come back to aid Simon I'm sure.

The one that really blew it are the totally moronic, idiotic, and retarded citizens.
It's to the point where I could careless if the entire rest of the human population other than Dai-Gurren members all gets wiped out.

As long as Simon and co. wins, I could careless what happens to the moronic human race.
Lol, I agree. Anti-Buster Nia can kill them all, those ungrateful assholes. And Gar Simon will come in and sweep her off her feet and wake her up with one big juicy kiss and says to her "You're mine, biatch"
Old 2007-07-30, 04:55   Link #546
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, not really so much wake her up... Nia's fully awake as she is. It's not like the actual Nia's sleeping or repressed, this is the real Nia. Which makes it all better, since rather than pull some emotional crap to wake Nia up, Simon will have no choice but to just show how Gar he really really is to Nia once again to make her wet herself and say "Screw Anti-Spiral Messenger, I want to be your Messenger, if you get what I mean."

That way, Simon will get himself Nia back, 50% less lovable and cute, but 200% more awesome.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-30, 08:21   Link #547
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For true 90's/Gainax, i wouldn't be surprised if Earth was to explode by the end of this arc --- that would have at least something to do with the 90's 'hero failure' part.

As for Nia, i'm sure her fate shall be left for the last arc.
Old 2007-07-30, 08:47   Link #548
7Th
Mixtape

Tadashi Hiramatsu will direct the animation in his B part of Gurren-Lagann 25! Yay!

http://homepage.mac.com/tadashi_01/S...formation.html

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-07-30 at 08:59.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:27   Link #549
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Five bucks says Nia DOES get "snapped back" to her old self and that the writers consider the goofy, lovable Nia her "true" form...not the other way around.
Old 2007-07-30, 13:27   Link #550
gnajub
Banned

hmm? no one posted this yet?
i thought one of you posted this in 4chan...

Spoiler for 3rd arc:
Old 2007-07-30, 13:30   Link #551
7Th
Mixtape

gnajub, whenever that's a true or not... I think the arc itself made it quite clear that's the intention. Hell, Gainax blog keeps describing the episodes as Simon's path towards losing everything.
Old 2007-07-30, 13:46   Link #552
gnajub
Banned

yeah... according to the interview he loses everything including a bit of his sanity.
man.. i kinda feel sorry for him
Old 2007-07-30, 14:31   Link #553
v1cious

someone posted this image on 4chan, not sure where it's from:

Spoiler:

Last edited by v1cious; 2007-07-30 at 15:19.
Old 2007-07-30, 15:08   Link #554
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnajub View Post
hmm? no one posted this yet?
i thought one of you posted this in 4chan...

Spoiler for 3rd arc:
I havn't see the post on 2ch anywhere :\, but if its true:
Here comes awesome-kun. Simon the GARlock. Let's see how much he can keep up with Nia's awesome transformation. Simon is going to have his awesome transformation too!
Old 2007-07-30, 21:02   Link #555
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Oh no... if Gar Simon really is a bit insane (very likely) that means Nia may not be around in the end... Geh, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2007-07-30, 22:22   Link #556
TrueKnight

Well, we already saw somewhat insane and emo Simon back in epis 9 until eps 11.

So basically in GL there're around 4 arc? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- 1st Arc - Pierce through the surface. Wussy and loser Simon. Ended with Kamina's death.
- 2nd Arc - Helix King Arc. Emo and insane Simon but manage to snap out of it, become a decent leader and finally awesome by blitzing the Helix King, become the saviour of humanity.
- 3rd Arc - Mugan arc? Humanity is threatened to extinct. Simon losing his sanity again because betrayed by the very people who once hailed him as a hero and saviour, victim of betrayal, propaganda and cruel politics. Not to mention the possible death of one of his friends? The appearence of Arc Gurren?
- 4th Arc- Garlock Simon? - from ep 1, the aura of manliness radiates from Simon. He becomes the leader of a galactic army to fight the Dimensional Government, commanding the Arc Gurren? Will it be a tragic or happy ending, not sure.
Old 2007-07-31, 08:12   Link #557
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Woot, official page updated with sub-characters names!

Their last names, based on the villages they come from, are funny as always.
Silly naming based on puns are integral part of Gurren Lagann
Old 2007-07-31, 10:09   Link #558
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
someone posted this image on 4chan, not sure where it's from:
I think the pic on the right is just a comparison pic from another anime, but the pic on the left is a pan from the preview of episode 19.
Old 2007-07-31, 12:11   Link #559
Takeo
Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Woot, official page updated with sub-characters names!

Their last names, based on the villages they come from, are funny as always.
Silly naming based on puns are integral part of Gurren Lagann
As others have mentioned, I wonder if we should we be reading something into the fact that Simon, Yoko, and Viral are the only ones without last names?
Old 2007-07-31, 12:52   Link #560
7Th
Mixtape

Overanalyzation: the fact Simon, Viral and Yoko are the only Gurren-Lagann characters that didn't took their last names from their original birth places probably aludes to the fact they aren't "tied" to their doomed planet.
Closed Thread