Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 02:49   Link #161
M!rage
~Queen of evil~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post

Oh, do you think Mori and Honey's brothers will join the club now?
maybe they will... but i can't imagine them as hosts
M!rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 10:59   Link #162
Starlight

To be honest I see them ending the series after Mori and Hunny leave.. I can't see the host club without them. :< Here's hoping that Bisco will pull something out of the hat though, I really don't want Ouran to end.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 11:22   Link #163
konart

Well, the chapter end with the words: "The door of the third floor's music room didn't open". So, they'll have to deal with it somehow first
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:59   Link #164
Pineapple_Split

Quote:
Does anyone know if this series is anywhere near completion yet?
I was under the impression that is was starting to wind down ever since
Spoiler for haruhi spoiler:

But its gone on for a bit longer, so I could be wrong. One thing for certain is that Bisco certainly isn't averse to sudden plot twists, so who knows?
Pineapple_Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 12:21   Link #165
RailHeaven

I wasn't going to post here until I had finished all the chapters but I just finished chapter 68 and it was such a relief! The past 15+ episodes have been full of drama and I made the mistake of reading them while on vacation. I haven't been able to concentrate on anything else. I went to the pool bar for dinner yesterday after reading the chapter where Hikaru tells Tamaki to not come skiing and the radio was playing all these sad songs like Everytime by Britney Spears and I was just a total spaz (I don't even like the song but it made me ). Anyways, chapter 68 was a major major major relief!

They could make a great second series for the anime out of this stuff (though the end of chapter 68 reminded me a lot of episode 26 in the anime).
RailHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 19:45   Link #166
RailHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by M!rage View Post
Quote:
Oh, do you think Mori and Honey's brothers will join the club now?
maybe they will... but i can't imagine them as hosts
I think it would be funny if Yasuchika tried to fill the tough guy role that Renge wanted to give to Shirou. He could say something tough and strike a pose, the girls would go crazy over him, and then Satoshi would chase him and bash his head in. I don't know what Satoshi would do to please the girls though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
To be honest I see them ending the series after Mori and Hunny leave.. I can't see the host club without them. :< Here's hoping that Bisco will pull something out of the hat though, I really don't want Ouran to end.
Agreed. Though I think Bisco can pull this through to Tamaki + Kyouya's graduation*. The Host Club will need at least one new host though. I think Kasanoda or Yashuchika+Satoshi would work though Kasanoda would require less change. Kasanoda's scary face could continue to be a running gag. Maybe Kyoya could make him do extra work (funny work of course) every time that Kasanoda scares away a guest.

A new host would definitely have to be a character that we already sort-of know. I would have a hard time getting attached to a new host who just pops out of the blue.

* This is a huge stretch but maybe it could go a year after Tamaki's graduation with Tamaki getting some high position in the school. He wants to make people smile so maybe he could be the chairman of Ouran elementary and the nosy mentor of the host club. I don't think this would work though because the host club doesn't work when Tamaki isn't there so he would still need to be there all the time. Also, he needs to go to university
RailHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 22:33   Link #167
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Didja read it? The latest release! OMG! I wonder what this all fortells...

Spoiler for Tamaki:

And Haruhi so nervous around Tono! It was cute. I wonder if her father suspects...

I can only expect something disasterous.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 04:10   Link #168
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Its quite literally the start of the last arc (i guess you can say that) of Ouran High School Host Club. And im loving it. An evil former friend (not host club related), the grandmother, the dad who is seemingly double edged and its so on. But as we all know the ending will be a happy ending but i will be loving the ride there.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:41   Link #169
dpryciak

Just trying to figure out all the angles. The lawyer wants money, the father seemingly wanted to push Tamaki into...what? Acceptance by the grandmother (who isn't at that state yet, so why is she doing what she's going?) ??

All the Hour by Hour stuff feels so....24 <G> (not that I watch that show)
Old 2009-08-18, 13:42   Link #170
Pineapple_Split

Remind me who the evil former friend is again? I got
Spoiler for latest chapter:
Pineapple_Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 22:03   Link #171
dpryciak

Kyouya deserves it. He must be a challenge to write, but with such a great cast around him, even the character-types work.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:39   Link #172
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

I was heartbroken when I found out that
Spoiler for Recent Manga Chapter:

I have a thing for underdogs in Anime.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 00:30   Link #173
fukarming

What makes Haruhi and Tamaki attracted to each other? I can understand the Haruhi/ Hikaru pair because Haruhi is the only person that could separate Hikaru and Karou but can someone remind me the breakthrough reasons behind the Haruhi/ Tamaki pairing?
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:39   Link #174
dpryciak

I had that same question. Why Tamaki and Haruhi? I mean, sheesh, Tamaki is an idiot. He's foolish, foolhardy...but he has a good heart, great intentions, is very smart, dedicated, loyal, and makes everybody feel good around him (and works hard at it). Haruhi? She's stubborn, cheap and economical, has good intentions, but is completely clueless about the world, has no sex appeal, doesn't mind her friends bullying her around. She's clever, too...so, why Tamaki?

Haruhi would like more of what Tamaki is...but...why does Tamaki like her???
Old 2009-09-08, 22:53   Link #175
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
What makes Haruhi and Tamaki attracted to each other? I can understand the Haruhi/ Hikaru pair because Haruhi is the only person that could separate Hikaru and Karou but can someone remind me the breakthrough reasons behind the Haruhi/ Tamaki pairing?
Quote:
I had that same question. Why Tamaki and Haruhi? I mean, sheesh, Tamaki is an idiot. He's foolish, foolhardy...but he has a good heart, great intentions, is very smart, dedicated, loyal, and makes everybody feel good around him (and works hard at it). Haruhi? She's stubborn, cheap and economical, has good intentions, but is completely clueless about the world, has no sex appeal, doesn't mind her friends bullying her around. She's clever, too...so, why Tamaki?

Haruhi would like more of what Tamaki is...but...why does Tamaki like her???
Does there need to be a reason to love somebody?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 23:09   Link #176
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Does there need to be a reason to love somebody?
In Fictions you do, so the audience will agree that "those two are destined to be together"

For example, people can kill other people with no reason at all in real life. However, in a detective show, you must have a reason to commit murder otherwise it would be a bad detective show.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 23:18   Link #177
DeX-kun

Quote:
In Fictions you do, so the audience will agree that "those two are destined to be together"

For example, people can kill other people with no reason at all in real life. However, in a detective show, you must have a reason to commit murder otherwise it would be a bad detective show.
I agree but I'm pretty sure there are reasons for Tamaki liking Haruhi, I doubt the writers would ignore such an aspect. I don't follow the manga but even in the anime I saw his reasons.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-04, 15:29   Link #178
Celebrianna

Quote:
That's funny because I rented this series from Netflix a while ago and from the very beginning I saw that Haruhi and Tamaki were destined for each other. Keep in mind that I'm just a casual viewer and it was blatantly clear to me. Yet, obviously not all viewers got that.

Now, I know this is the manga discussion but as far as I can see, the reason why she might like an "idiot" like Tamaki is probably because of his kindness and concern towards her. He treats her well and he treat others well.

And I agree with DeX-kun, in that people will fall for others even when the reasons might not be clear. I always wondered why in the world Naruto likes Sakura so much, other than perhaps her looks, but obviously he likes her even if the reason isn't clear to me. And the list can go on and on in many anime.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 18:15   Link #179
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrianna View Post
And I agree with DeX-kun, in that people will fall for others even when the reasons might not be clear. I always wondered why in the world Naruto likes Sakura so much, other than perhaps her looks, but obviously he likes her even if the reason isn't clear to me. And the list can go on and on in many anime.
And just to elaborate on this a little more:

"The heart has reasons which reason cannot understand"

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-04, 18:40   Link #180
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
And just to elaborate on this a little more:

"The heart has reasons which reason cannot understand"
Exactly! Sometimes people don't know exactly why they like a person other than for generic reasons that might even apply to other persons who are also in their sphere of acquaintance. Like, for example, lets say Hikaru and Tamaki had the same qualities, the fact is, even though they might possess the same qualities, Haruhi might still end up choosing Tamaki over Hikaru for some inexplicable reason.

Spoiler for Tomoya x Nagisa:
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote