AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-05, 00:46   Link #961
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Pretty good chapter. Love those girls's display of their power.

And Misaka got herself into another misunderstanding fight.
Something I notice after re-reading upto date in the Dream Ranker Arc is:
That chapter 80 start before the Vento of the Front because Saten start out which the Spring Clothes and sometime in Chapter 80 she go into the Winter Clothes.
Also there a high chance that chapter 84 is right after the Bust Upper part of the Arc because Mikoto said she was up late last night which in chapter 79 she was.

So maybe the climax of the Arc will happen at the same time as OT15?
It would explain why we had that small part which Saten and SCHOOL. If this arc had some kind of part which OT15 Arc behind the Scenes maybe?

We are almost at chapter 100 for Railgun now and we should get to it by next year if they stop skipping months between release date.

Also who want to see an Arc in Railgun between Touma Second Death and his return because I want to know more about Mikoto and Index feeling at that time and how she acted around her friends after what she believe was Touma death. Would love even a Short Story which Index at that time.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 01:04   Link #962
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
So maybe the climax of the Arc will happen at the same time as OT15?
It would explain why we had that small part which Saten and SCHOOL. If this arc had some kind of part which OT15 Arc behind the Scenes maybe?
Should be past that since I believe we saw Uiharu after she was hurt by Kakine.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 01:50   Link #963
DragonXX

It could just be an ending which that stuff and he went to what Mikoto was doing at the same time but in the end I am just guessing because the last time we get a date in railgun was the Park Problem which was Oct.4 and after that we can't be should when this event which Mikoto is happening the only thing we know is it after the Bust Upper thing which Mikoto. One of the only things I want Kamachi to at less bring up in Railgun is WWIII because that a pretty huge event in this Series. Kamachi may even have an Arc in Railgun that happen in the time of WWIII before Mikoto went after Touma.
I just want to know if Kamachi is going to bring up the event of OT14-16 which Mikoto because it kind of a part of her character growth or if Kamachi will not and just skip the event altogether. So I just want another date to show up in Railgun or something that could tell us when this is happening and not just guessing of what time after Oct.4 this happen on or even if the sinper girl show up again which damage could tell us if this happen some time after or not. As all as there a chance that he went to a different Point of View of things that happen at the same time as the Sinper Girl problem and that chapter 83.5 was a Saten/Frenda Ending and then went back in time to see what Mikoto was doing at that time or not.
Like how Chapter 73.5 was a before the problem which the boy who can tell the future stuff.

Here a question what role do you think the stuff which the future boy and stuff which Frenda/Sniper Girl will play in this because I can't believe that this will have no important in this Arc because if so what was the purpose of putting it in. We know that Dream Ranker and the doppelganger were connect in the way of Kuriba trying to find an answer to the Doppelganger problem and most likey the Dream Ranker will still have some kind of important to the plot yet because the Arc is call Dream Ranker or should we change it to the Doppelganger Arc.

Most important is we should be around a halfway point of the Arc because were already 18 chapters in and I can't see this Arc being longer then 40 chapters if not less.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2016-09-05 at 02:13.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 23:13   Link #964
alex_drian

man I really wanted to see a fight between normal Kakine vs Mikoto, is potential wasted
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 01:51   Link #965
LevelSeven

^i doubt that it will end good for mikoto, mostlikely she will recieve the same curpstomp battle as mugino :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 08:18   Link #966
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
man I really wanted to see a fight between normal Kakine vs Mikoto, is potential wasted
One-sided stomp is hardly interesting.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:00   Link #967
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
One-sided stomp is hardly interesting.
Is interesting sometimes

And Normal Kakine is so strong, because you know, he only fight once with the STRONGEST ESPER
Old 2016-09-22, 13:05   Link #968
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Is interesting sometimes

And Normal Kakine is so strong, because you know, he only fight once with the STRONGEST ESPER
That isn't true. We know he sent Mugino running away with her tail between her legs. I don't think Mikoto is enough above Mugino to fair much better, and Mugino is actually the stronger of the two when it comes to brute force so clearly that won't beat him. Then considering one of the main strengths of Mikoto's ability is the versatility, but DM is easily more versatile... she would just get her butt kicked really badly too.

I was optimistically hoping for spoilers, but I guess I'm probably a week early
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 19:02   Link #969
mark1246

Just a reminder everyone that there is no railgun this month....hopefully the artist can get her window 10 issue fix by then

PS: god with all the delay and breaks, we would of had 3+ vol by now FYI
Old 2016-09-28, 15:17   Link #970
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Just a reminder everyone that there is no railgun this month....hopefully the artist can get her window 10 issue fix by then

PS: god with all the delay and breaks, we would of had 3+ vol by now FYI
Um... Why do you seem to always flag everyone working on Raildex in a way or another as female? I seem to recall Motoi Fuyukawa being male.

And the manga artist world isn't so easy that it can go smoothly without problems. He's probably just as annoyed by these delays as we are (heck, even moreso because of Microsoft messing up his computer) so I'm not sure complaining about it is going to get anyone anywhere.
Old 2016-09-28, 20:25   Link #971
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
Um... Why do you seem to always flag everyone working on Raildex in a way or another as female? I seem to recall Motoi Fuyukawa being male.

And the manga artist world isn't so easy that it can go smoothly without problems. He's probably just as annoyed by these delays as we are (heck, even moreso because of Microsoft messing up his computer) so I'm not sure complaining about it is going to get anyone anywhere.
1. you must be new cause it a thing with me annoucening if there a delay or how many pages are there this month, been doing that for the past year

2. ok i didnt know he was a male, most of us thought it was a female for the longest time

3. i wasnt bad mouthing, i said i hope the window 10 problem would be fix by then, & i know how hard drawing is...trust me
Old 2016-09-29, 10:35   Link #972
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

I'm not new, I've been lurking this subforum for a long time even back when it was still merged with the Index one. My point was regarding the mention of how much content we would've gotten without the delays, not regarding the reminder for the delay itself which I appreciate. It's not a complaint that gets us anywhere so let's at least have respect for Fuyukawa and not complain. The situation could be worse.
Old 2016-09-29, 10:46   Link #973
LevelSeven

Quote:
My point was regarding the mention of how much content we would've gotten without the delays,
and if they didnt redo the sister arc in manga form too
Old 2016-09-29, 11:46   Link #974
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
and if they didnt redo the sister arc in manga form too
I find it considerably infuriating you'd bring up something completely unrelated to the topic without any sort of elaboration to a point where it really just feels like you're throwing a criticism in for the sake of a criticism while the topic is still up as opposed to actually trying to discuss; how's that an actual point instead of your personal opinion?

I can relate and fully agree to the feeling of the Sisters Arc having been adapted way too much for a single franchise, but at the time it was a new perspective and take on an Arc that had only shown Mikoto at the end of her rope but never elaborated on how truly painful it had been on Mikoto and the Sisters, and never elaborated on how Accelerator himself felt about it.

Like it or not, and I know there are a shit ton of things you don't like in this franchise, but the Sisters Arc that was shown in Railgun was a new Sisters Arc and I think it's absolutely brilliant that Kamachi could do so much with an old arc of the novels, expanding upon it heavily until it became one of the better developed arcs of the science side (the Railgun Daihaseisai was a great arc as well and it was again another take on an arc that had originally been in the main series) and I actually wish he'd do it more often because Kamachi's at his best when he exploits what he's already spent some time developing and preparing. It's why I enjoy the Railgun manga so much. Dislike the amount of adaptations it had if you want, but if you're even remotely willing to be mature about the matter then it's important to realise that the amount of adaptations it has doesn't take away its quality, it merely takes away the entertainment due to having seen it many times before. And that's got nothing to do with the manga, which, in my opinion, did a lot of great stuff with what it was given and I wouldn't give it away just for "oooh new shiny stuff".
Old 2016-09-29, 12:47   Link #975
LevelSeven

Quote:
how's that an actual point instead of your personal opinion?
ok(?), you point was that the story could have been a lot further ahead if they hadnt this hiatus's several times,
and i added that without another adaptation of the sister arc we could have been maybe even a lot more further, which is good since the current railgun plot isnt that bad...
Quote:
Like it or not, and I know there are a shit ton of things you don't like in this franchise,
i also liked the sister arcs new POV but it is still useless imo, we knew what happened and it didnt deliver really that much new content you seem to disagree that is fine but it seems to me like you are trying to do some kind of lecturing which i dont really want to hear if im talking about my own opinion...
Old 2016-09-29, 13:02   Link #976
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

You added that as if it was a truth (and don't even try to argue that because your wording does nothing other than imply that it is a fact), which I don't enjoy solely because new arcs doesn't necessarily mean good content. The Sisters Arc was new content based on an old Arc and whether you agree with it or not and it is worthy of its place in the Railgun manga as much as "newer content" that could be inferior just as much as it could be superior. It hasn't been seen before, therefore it is new content. Not to mention that going by your logic, anime, manga and other mediums to tell stories like LNs as a whole are useless. In some cases perhaps they indeed are, but it doesn't stop people from enjoying it, does it? I don't think something is truly useless when it's widely accepted as a good thing and for all the good the Railgun Sisters Arc did to its characters, it's certainly anything but useless.

Also... I have to genuinely ask since you call my reply a "lecture" with no basis other than personal feeling: what do you expect from and what do you want to do on a discussion forum if you get all defensive when people reply to your opinion? It's not like we're here to talk with ourselves in our little corners so the constant need people feel to remind others that opinions are their own whenever disagreed with is odd at best because we're discussing precisely because everyone's opinions are their own, isn't it? Aren't we here for some discussions precisely because our opinions aren't the same?

Last edited by Natsurin; 2016-09-29 at 13:13.
Natsurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 03:45   Link #977
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

When you express your opinion on a discussion forum, then expect your opinion to be commented on and argued. If you just want an opinion without someone responding to it than don't post it at all.

But how can you really say this POV is useless? Do you even remember how the original went? It was clear we missed out on a ton of story and context in the LN Vol 3. Hell I didn't like the third novel because it felt like we should have cared for someone and about something where we got half the story.

The Railgun Pov of the sister arc did what needed to be done and gave this arc justice. It gave meaning for Misaka's struggle seen in Vol 3 and even made Accelerator more relatable. Without it OT Vol3 will still be that uncompleted story I would skip every time I read through the series.

OT Vol 3 would be useless if it wasn't for the Railgun version.

So it being useless is a rather terrible opinion to have without understanding it's importance of completing the overall picture that is the Sisters Arc.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 05:19   Link #978
LevelSeven

Spoiler for natsurin:

@Loremaster

i actually liked the incomplete aspect because the LN is about toumas POV, we dont get immense details about other incidents (or do you think etzali or oumas (OT5 enemys) cases had been incomplete too?
it gave a good feeling to the position of touma in OT where he was playing the role of the "outstander that jumps willingly into other peoples business", OT3 made this perfect with toumas own following of mikoto and the forced invasion into the lvl6-project,
having mikoto tell us the story again is redundant because we more or less know the beginning, middle part and ending,

ok, i can see that the sisters need to be introduced into the story because otherwise it would result in a plothole for the daihaseisai-lvl6-shit arc but that could have been dealt with too by having a chapter or two quickly summing up the arc, non-LN-readers would understand what happened and LN-readers already knew what happened,
than we could reach the more interesting parts (maybe even finished the current arc <_<)

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2016-09-30 at 05:36.
Old 2016-09-30, 06:17   Link #979
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Guys, please. This is the Dream Ranker Arc thread. If you're not talking about it, don't post it.

We have a Sisters Arc thread if you want to talk about that.
Old 2016-10-05, 11:48   Link #980
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
I know his pain