AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 15:19   Link #181
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Also don't assume the idiots surrounding "you in your high school" are emblamatic of teens worldwide. There's always a percentage that act the way you'd *like* all teens to act (smart, quick thinking, mature) -- but then there's a fat percentage of "idiots" (just like in the adult world) . Stories tend to get told about people outside that fat percentage. In some countries, teens simply tend to mature faster because of cultural pressures and different styles of education.

I find that many American viewers make errors in assuming the rest of the world behaves like they do. One can also assume that youth in other countries make the same ethnocentric error. One of the reasons its a good idea to *watch* foreign films or travel is that you learn that your own experience at home may not be universal.

Quote:
The title is a strong hint, but it could be a misdirection. Taiga and Ryuuji could conceivably both end up with someone else whilst remaining close platonic friends and confidantes like they are now.
I find this scenario just as possible as a romantic ending ... or a sad ending. Still too early to make any definite calls.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:38   Link #182
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
in my point of view, the title does not indicate a romantic relationship, on the contrary, itīs quite the opposite.

Giving it a brief second of thought, all the tiger - dragon scenes iīve seen so far in anime have shown non romantic feelings at all, itīs usually about pride and stuff, or standing on equal grounds, rivalizing with each other. Seto no Hanayome would be my most recent example, or Final Approach, every time there is a Tiger - Dragon scene, shows that these ppl have different points of view but somewhat respect for the other.

Or i might be totally wrong, which usuallyīs the case.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:51   Link #183
SkoolRumble4Ya

I knew Minorin wasn't scared at all. She's too hyper to be scared of anything. I don't see Ryuji getting with Minorin at all. When Ryuji was talking to Minorin about ghosts was he speaking in metaphor that she will like somebody soon or something like that?
Old 2008-12-08, 18:22   Link #184
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
There was some discussion on that in earlier pages. She was trying to tell him that she doesn't know what its like to love someone and she doesn't think it likely she will experience that anytime soon.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:42   Link #185
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i thought that was so friggin obvious that there wasnīt any explanation necessary LOL

in short, they are using the "being able to see ghosts" allegory, instead of "what does love feel like"

Basically Ryuuji says at the end of the ep.
Spoiler for what he says:
itīs pretty much selfexplanatory thatīs why itīs an allegory, a symbol is something deeper, more feeling related
Old 2008-12-08, 19:34   Link #186
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The main highlight is Ami's comment and not Moniri's, as Ami is the most perceptive of the bunch, thus her saying that Monori and Ryuuji does not work together holds a lots of truth which will probably be revealed in the future.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:55   Link #187
typhonsentra

I don't really agree with what Ami said though as the only reason I can see Ryuuji and Minori not making a good couple is Minori's relationship with Taiga.
Old 2008-12-08, 20:02   Link #188
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The reason is Ryuuji's own feelings that Ami can see... And they are not that simple as you may think... Also and the fact that Ryuuji would always be the moon in such relationship...Never generating the light himself but rather just reflecting it, while in realationship with Taiga and Ami he is not the moon but rather creates a light himself (takes active role) rather than just reflecting it.
Old 2008-12-08, 21:00   Link #189
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You also have to consider Ami has her own agenda in making the sun'moon comment. She's not totally objective here as she may want Ryuuji for herself. That said, it was a fairly perceptive comment -- Ryuuji would spend a lot of his time simply reacting (reflecting) the next thing out of Minorin's hyperkinetic mind.
Old 2008-12-08, 21:15   Link #190
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't really agree with what Ami said though as the only reason I can see Ryuuji and Minori not making a good couple is Minori's relationship with Taiga.
Hey ty ^^

I must agree and disagree with your statement, even though I understand, yet it's only half truth. Ami @ this point has been observing Ryuuji more then before, she has noticed him having feeling for Minorin, thus developing feelings herself, and due to the process, she comes to terms with the facts that she also want Ryuuji. Its only natural that she will go for the best, and she will do "anything" to get it, even sabotage Ryuuji and Minorin chances. Her greatest obstacle is of course: Taiga. At this point, she knows how close they are and what emotions they have for each other, even though both (Ryuuji and Taiga) are thick-headed to act on it.

Ami is a smart cookie, its not surprising if she does her best to get Ryuuji for herself, after all, in this episode they are "EQUAL", in sense, without Ryuuji she is not complete.

Overall, Minorin relationship with Taiga is one reason, she will not have a meaningful relationship with Ryuuji. At this point she greatly appreciates Ryuuji to open up to the possibility "there are ghost out there", meaning there is Love waiting for her. Ami considers Ryuuji a very close friend at this point, in all, she will find that "ghost" she always looking for. As we know Minorin understood Taiga before Ryuuji came in the picture, she is her best friend. She has honor and respect for Taiga, and that is very important for her.

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-12-08 at 21:33.
Old 2008-12-08, 22:19   Link #191
passin'gass
Cropduster

IMO, IRL, Ami is a bad choice for Ryuuji in a long-term relationship...she'll just walk all over him, the gap is just too big without her making major sacrifices or him getting a lucky break in business and/or career. And the paparazzi, oh my god, they'll have a field day when they find out about Ryuuji's background!

Minorin is also a bad choice, as mentioned many times by far more senior forum members here...

So what do we have left? The Palmtop Tiger, who needs him the most, whose parents probably wouldn't mind if she shacked up with Ryu, who so naturally meshed together like velcro its ridiculously cute!
Old 2008-12-08, 22:23   Link #192
destiny4everlove

Episode 10

-This was unexpected, Kitamura and Ami are part of the “let’s-scare-Minorin” plan now!!! Well…I do hope Ryuuji still gets the chance to play the part of prince charming in the plan.

- After watching episode 9, I’m a Minori x Ryuuji fan now. I love this pairing!! They are both so awesome and cute!!!

-So Minori has a little brother and from what she said, it seems her parents don’t spend much time with Minori or her brother. After finding out about Minori’s family situation I feel a little sad for Minori.

-Minori giving so many compliments to Ryuuji and Ryuuji blushing like crazy was so cute!!! They looked so cute together in the kitchen!!!

-So Ryuuji knows something about Minori that even Taiga doesn’t know about!!! Wow!! I’m so glad that Ryuuji and Minori now share something else other than Taiga.

-Minori calling Ryuuji cute…mmm...I wonder if this could mean that Minori is starting to see Ryuuji as more than her classamate.

-Ami listening to Minori and Ryuuji’s conversation …is it me or she seemed a little jealous?

-Ami trying to seduce Ryuuji with her bouncy, mighty “goodies” was priceless!

-I wonder what made Ami changed her mind regarding going to the cave with everybody else.

-“The one who is more suitable for you is…” so Ami doesn’t like the idea of Minori x Ryuuji very much.

-Ryuuji did play the part of prince charming, but it was with Ami!!!!

-“You can only become equal with someone like me”...is it me or did Ami just confess to Ryuuji?!!! So Ami did fall for Ryuuji!!!

-So Minori and Kitamura were behind all of it!!! I really liked this surprise!

-Minori loves horror!!! Loved this surprise about Minori!!!

-Loved Ryuuji's conversation with both Ami and Minori during the fireworks scene, especially Ryuuji and Minori’s conversation since it seems Minori has started to see Ryuuji in another light!

- After watching this episode I must say that I’m still a Minori x Ryuuji fan but I do like the idea of an Ami x Ryuuji pairing, or at least the idea of Ami falling in love with Ryuuji.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-12-08, 22:24   Link #193
bloodyknight

They does seem to be a perfect fit... in all aspects as well...

Well, this is why we know this anime talks about the relationship of this two individuals...

And again, the ending seems predictable now, does it?
Old 2008-12-08, 22:28   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
So what do we have left? The Palmtop Tiger, who needs him the most, whose parents probably wouldn't mind if she shacked up with Ryu, who so naturally meshed together like velcro its ridiculously cute!
Actually, we don't know what the parents think and apparently they figure into the future episodes, at least from the preview of ep 11 (assuming those are Taiga's parents).
Old 2008-12-08, 22:42   Link #195
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, we don't know what the parents think and apparently they figure into the future episodes, at least from the preview of ep 11 (assuming those are Taiga's parents).
Yup, i'm pretending i didn't read any of the (supposed) novel spoilers and am going purely on the anime.

But with Taiga's personality, what she decides to do WILL HAPPEN and to hell with anybody's opinion. She's just like that
Old 2008-12-09, 05:51   Link #196
SkoolRumble4Ya

Wouldn't it be crazy if Ryuji does get with Minorin in the end but as he's going out her he starts to notice he love being with Taiga more and realize he have feelings for Taiga. I know it's been done a million of times but a show like Toradora is definitely enjoyable and I wanna see how the execute it.
Old 2008-12-09, 07:55   Link #197
typhonsentra

I asked this in the B-T forums once but here it goes again:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-09 at 08:08.
Old 2008-12-09, 08:07   Link #198
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I asked this in the B-T forums once but here it goes again:

Spoiler:
This question needs novel knowledge to be answered, hence I've moved it in the Toradora! - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Toradorians only).

Please go ahead there, now and for any future doubts about not-yet-shown-by-the-anime events.
Old 2008-12-09, 09:31   Link #199
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Wouldn't it be crazy if Ryuji does get with Minorin in the end but as he's going out her he starts to notice he love being with Taiga more and realize he have feelings for Taiga. I know it's been done a million of times but a show like Toradora is definitely enjoyable and I wanna see how the execute it.
I dont know we have seen that angle so many times i kind of want them to avoid that trap. I mean Toradora has been about people learning and accepting their own feelings. So far everything has been right on with the progression of the story and character development. If possible i want Toradora to avoid obvious drama like that. Its a good way to drum up drama in a series between the main characters but its been seen so many times.
Old 2008-12-09, 12:12   Link #200
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
many of them are starting to get an inkling of their true feelings, except for Ryuuji. I think he is confusing his desire to nurture with romantic feelings when it comes to minori and it will be very sad if minori actually starts to love him romantically only to find out that he picks ami or taiga.
Closed Thread