Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-09, 05:13   Link #541
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
and armor upgrades like increased health regeneration or more shields and those upgrades were visible
Uhm, those upgrades were not visible in the visual sense. Your armor did not change appearance in ME1 based on what modules you put in, it only changed based on what kind of armor you're wearing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:20   Link #542
killer3000ad

Here's montage of some gameplay footage, note the pistol whipping at 0.50 and at 1.49 a geth attempts to skewer Shepard with it's omni-blade.

EDIT:Unfortunately the 'powers that be' don't want the video out because it's a very early build. Someone else on the Bioware forums attempted to re-upload it but it was yanked as well.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-06-09 at 13:10.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:21   Link #543
Aqua Knight

No, I meant that you had more shield icons or your health bar regenerated a bit. Or the bullets were acid green color corresponding to the radioactivity.
Old 2011-06-09, 05:33   Link #544
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
No, I meant that you had more shield icons or your health bar regenerated a bit. Or the bullets were acid green color corresponding to the radioactivity.
You still had armor customization in ME2 though, and while they're not as visible their effects are still apparent. And the color of the ammo is now dependent on ammo powers, not the modules.

Edit:

I noticed that in the video there are parts where Shepard is an Adept or Vanguard (shown by him using Warp), and yet he's carrying a Mattock assault rifle and a Mantis sniper rifle. Signs of the variety in class-weapon customization hinted months ago?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-06-09 at 05:57.
Old 2011-06-09, 07:06   Link #545
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You still had armor customization in ME2 though, and while they're not as visible their effects are still apparent. And the color of the ammo is now dependent on ammo powers, not the modules.

Edit:

I noticed that in the video there are parts where Shepard is an Adept or Vanguard (shown by him using Warp), and yet he's carrying a Mattock assault rifle and a Mantis sniper rifle. Signs of the variety in class-weapon customization hinted months ago?
Ah, totally forgot about ammo powers. Yes, I agree with you, ammo powers are indeed good choice to replace rounds variety. Still my concern is squadmates appearance, and I hope bioware would do something about squadmates wearing their casual battle clothes in vacuum space which was ridiculous in ME2.

I want my team to look how I want not seeing the same look thru all the game and changing costumes after romance is not an option
Old 2011-06-09, 18:56   Link #546
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Can anyone tell me if the Mass Effect Series is any good and what it is about. I've never played it but people seem to talk an awful lot about it.
Old 2011-06-09, 19:09   Link #547
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Just saw a video feature at IGN. My first glimpse of ME3 footage.

Blew me away. The scale of the Reapers compared to everything around is astonishing. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm not to keen on this whole idea of "loosing Mordin".

What heresy is this?

I also can't wait to see the Council's reaction to the Reaper arrival. It's gonna be the most cosmic case of "I told you so" in history.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 21:20   Link #548
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Ha the mere mention of the councils reaction always reminds me of this.

Edit: actually the above more =D

Last edited by Drake; 2011-06-09 at 21:31.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 21:21   Link #549
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Mass Effect Series is any good and what it is about. I've never played it but people seem to talk an awful lot about it.
My approach was picking it up for $5 on a Steam sale just because of its popularity. I instantly fell in love.

To put it simply - it's a third person shooter + RPG, you choose how to talk to people with dialogue choices to influence their behavior to you and information they are willing to divulge (and sometimes if they will start a fight with you or vice versa). The story evolves from stopping one mad rogue agent to saving the galaxy because of what that rogue was responsible for...if you like action and suspense, you will like this story without a doubt.
Old 2011-06-09, 22:52   Link #550
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Ha the mere mention of the councils reaction always reminds me of this.

Edit: actually the above more =D
Hahaha Priceless! cookies for you
Old 2011-06-10, 04:53   Link #551
Key Board
Carbon

To me, Shepard isn't Shepard without Mike Meer's rather awkward voice acting and default Shepard's occasionally awkward face reactions

It's a character flaw

It's like Sky High from Tiger and Bunny being a spaz.. it's just him
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 11:35   Link #552
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for :
Want. A lot.
That box of awesome is mine!! Preordered in the blink of an eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
They have a reason. Bioware's reputation was skyrocketed thanks to ME. How many of such games would you call "average"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I also can't wait to see the Council's reaction to the Reaper arrival. It's gonna be the most cosmic case of "I told you so" in history.
That and the many priceless comments of Shepard's companions, I'm looking for the most. I hope there'll be lots of opportunities for that stuff coupled with other NPCs' interactions, since devs said ME3 is going to be more humorous than ME2 was.

Like honestly, who didn't laugh at remarks such as this? Pure gold.

Old 2011-06-10, 14:50   Link #553
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Two new screenshots from the official site:

Old 2011-06-10, 15:53   Link #554
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
That and the many priceless comments of Shepard's companions, I'm looking for the most. I hope there'll be lots of opportunities for that stuff coupled with other NPCs' interactions, since devs said ME3 is going to be more humorous than ME2 was.

Like honestly, who didn't laugh at remarks such as this? Pure gold.

Spoiler for Video:
My first thought was that there would be no time for humor when the reapers are attacking from the sky. But it appears that there is always time for humor

Now that video just won a 9/10 for me
Old 2011-06-11, 14:56   Link #555
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Fucking Garrus up in this bitch.

God I love that guy.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 19:42   Link #556
Key Board
Carbon

maybe I'm just nit picking

but does anyone else find it odd to see machine joint on Reapers?

you'd think their engineering would be more organic after a few hundred thousand years
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 19:46   Link #557
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You mean especially after seeing the last boss in Mass Effect 2?

Spoiler for Picture:
Old 2011-06-11, 19:47   Link #558
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

not to mention its going to need joints to hold up that big ass body...
Old 2011-06-12, 07:36   Link #559
Irkalla
I asked for this

Garrus totally pimpin' in that screenshot.
Old 2011-06-12, 15:08   Link #560
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm really stoked for ME3, I loved the first two... a lot, actually. I hear Shepard gets to pilot a mech during a sequence in this game, which should make for some awesome gameplay for me. I didn't think they could make the ME3 universe even better, but that does it for me.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass