AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-31, 10:18   Link #141
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Given memories of Ayano are ones that get taken, it probably means it has to be important ones and it's hard to say how much he care about Kisara.
I don't think he hates Kisara or anything but it definitely feels like she's someone he basically just puts up with out of necessity to some extent.

I think he appreciates her more than he's attracted to her.
Old 2022-07-31, 11:23   Link #142
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think he hates Kisara or anything but it definitely feels like she's someone he basically just puts up with out of necessity to some extent.

I think he appreciates her more than he's attracted to her.
Because he is in love with Ayano.
Hence my point that removing her from the equation is the best possible move.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 11:58   Link #143
Lex79

Kisara certainly is possessive and has some yandere tendencies, but she seems to genuinely care about Shu so I don't think she's going to manipulate his memory for her own benefit. She even told Ayano about the memory loss, if she stayed quiet her rival would have probably given up on him more easily.
I usually don't like when amnesia is used as a plot device to keep the status quo, but given that the alternative would have been having Ayano out of the picture this time was probably for the better.
Wasn't expecting the implied sex scene, I was positively surprised.
The show keeps adding more detail about Shu's background that make me like him more as a character. I hope the rumors about this having two cours are true because I think the story needs more episodes to realize its full potential.
Old 2022-07-31, 12:04   Link #144
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Kisara certainly is possessive and has some yandere tendencies, but she seems to genuinely care about Shu so I don't think she's going to manipulate his memory for her own benefit. She even told Ayano about the memory loss, if she stayed quiet her rival would have probably given up on him more easily.
I usually don't like when amnesia is used as a plot device to keep the status quo, but given that the alternative would have been having Ayano out of the picture this time was probably for the better.
Wasn't expecting the implied sex scene, I was positively surprised.
The show keeps adding more detail about Shu's background that make me like him more as a character. I hope the rumors about this having two cours are true because I think the story needs more episodes to realize its full potential.
Not to mention she still saved Ayano in this episode. So despite hating her and the attempted murder in the first episode, it seems like she doesn't completely want Ayano dead, for Shu's sake at least .
Old 2022-07-31, 12:56   Link #145
bakato

Quote:
Given memories of Ayano are ones that get taken, it probably means it has to be important ones and it's hard to say how much he care about Kisara.
Shu can tell her which ones to take, but it's ultimately up to Kisara. There's no requirements as to what kind of memories have to be taken. Shu forgot Melissa.
Old 2022-07-31, 15:12   Link #146
Tenzen12

If that was the case, Shu wouldn't choose his memories with Ayano. It's fairly obvious there is reason why he did. As I said before most likely more important memories Kisara takes, stronger she get.
Old 2022-07-31, 15:35   Link #147
bakato

Quote:
If that was the case, Shu wouldn't choose his memories with Ayano. It's fairly obvious there is reason why he did. As I said before most likely more important memories Kisara takes, stronger she get.
Episode 3 makes it clear that the power Kisara can gain is proportional to the quantity of memories and as I said Shu also forgot Miles' daughter which means it doesn't have to be about Ayano. Shu deliberately chose his memories with Ayano to commit himself to his path.
Old 2022-07-31, 16:14   Link #148
Tenzen12

That's indeed possible explanation, but I don't think anyone said or implied such thing. As for Miles daughter, he could meet Miles and her on his date ot he fought demon where he needed bit umph, but not necessarily nuke.
Old 2022-07-31, 18:03   Link #149
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shu just chooses memories he deems as useless to his mission. All that matters is that he remembers his family and why he's doing this. I'd say he's at a stage where he's sacrificing his memories with Ayano because he's already run out of memories he didn't mind forgetting. But finding out the truth is the main priority.
Old 2022-07-31, 18:05   Link #150
bakato

Quote:
That's indeed possible explanation, but I don't think anyone said or implied such thing. As for Miles daughter, he could meet Miles and her on his date ot he fought demon where he needed bit umph, but not necessarily nuke.
It was said and done in episode 3. Shu estimated he needed 3 months of memories to beat the demon rather than 1 and Kisara asked him which memories he was giving up. No one said or implied anything you said.
Old 2022-07-31, 18:51   Link #151
Xiyon

4 episodes and, yep, I'm in for the long haul.

Hope the detective dude isn't the antagonist, though.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 20:56   Link #152
Wandering Soul

Ayano really played Kisara there. She knew Kisara couldn't reign in her jealousy and used that to her advantage. She also came up with her own solution for Shu's memories
Old 2022-07-31, 21:36   Link #153
bakato

Preview's out. Hot nun incoming!
Old 2022-07-31, 22:46   Link #154
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Preview's out. Hot nun incoming!
And she's already got killer thighs .
Old 2022-08-02, 02:21   Link #155
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It was said and done in episode 3. Shu estimated he needed 3 months of memories to beat the demon rather than 1 and Kisara asked him which memories he was giving up. No one said or implied anything you said.
You convinced me.
Old 2022-08-06, 12:33   Link #156
Frontier

The nun is here! And she's after Kisara !

Kisara is fuming over Shu and Ayano's romantic tryst and basically ran away, but Ayano's not going to waste an opportunity to get back into girlfriend mode and hang out with Shu and clean up his place like a proper girlfriend. The best part is she brags about it on social media like Kisara but gets more likes than Kisara gets .

It is pretty sad seeing Kisara so depressed though...she knows Shu doesn't remember it so she can't really hold it against him, but it still hurts. And she's just sitting all alone under a bridge while it's raining. Poor girl .

We also finally get to see when Shu and Kisara met where he basically freed her from her own sword, which was designed to slay demons, and managed to calm down her range by claiming he needed her...I guess Kisara has a strong need to feel wanted. But why was Kisara sealed away instead of killed? Exactly what kind of demon is she? And how did Shu find out about her ?

Oh hey, we get to finally see one of the other companies in action! Although Sharon, the nun, basically steals their demon kill from them and then makes short work of them. I love how this Justice guy basically throws his subordinate into a column for his "safety" and then somehow manages to tank 26 bullets through...sheer training, I guess ?

But dang, Sharon has some killer legs! And I don't just mean because she keeps showing them off in a fight, along with her stockings and panties, but because they can literally kill! And those thighs! Wow !

We finally get to meet Shu's informant, with Mikami and Miles in tow to catch them, but they're pretty elusive. They have a connection to city hall, so could they be one of the mayors' daughters? And they also somehow tore through a wall and then reset it back to normal, so do they have powers like Kisara ?

The Celestial Abbey seems all well and good as far as churches go, and they're hunting all the demons outside Bayron City, so ordinarily it seems like it wouldn't be a problem...well, other than the fact that Bayron City actively employs a demon to hunt down other demons .

Ayano wastes no time when her mom is in trouble! Though despite Ayano's hand-to-hand skills, she has nothing against Sharon's sheer strength. And then she loses her phone, although her first takeaway isn't Shu or Kisara being in danger but the fact that Sharon might log into all her accounts from her phone for some reason .

"Took me to cloud 9" - wait, is Sharon another one of Shu's ex-girlfriends!? And he doesn't even remember her because Kisara stole his memories? And they worked together to capture Kisara? The plot is thickening...I don't know how Ayano would take another girl in Shu's life though .
Old 2022-08-06, 15:13   Link #157
Lex79

Seems like Shu made some connection with the church in order to learn about Kisara and find her. Then the fact that he wanted to free her while Sharon wanted to kill her created a rift between him and the nun. Still not sure if Sharon loves him and is going to join the harem or Wil, stay as an antagonist...we are going to learn more j the next episode.
Old 2022-08-06, 18:19   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder why it took Sharon so long to come after Kisara. Maybe Kisara sealed Sharon's memories of her when she entered her contract with Shu and they were unlocked because... reasons?
Old 2022-08-06, 19:34   Link #159
Random14

Shu's missing memories make for a convenient way to throw in exposition. So demon slaying has been a big thing for a long time, huh? Though that mining city probably made things worse, wonder if they'll explain why that exorcist order doesn't have a bigger presence there yet.

Ah, now we're seeing how Shu and Kisara first met (with Kisara sealed away for who knows how long). Sounds like Shu spent some time with that group too then? Maybe he trained with them and then heard about Kisara, though probably means more burnt bridges too. Forgetting that nun was dangerous but then Shu's already running low on memories.

And that informant sure is well-connected. Hm, not sure if it was meant to look like they (she?) did that passing through the walls trick demons have, rather than the more mundane hidden passage it was.

It was funny seeing Ayano almost moving back in with Kisara's absence. Looking forward to more details on how Shu got his contract with Kisara.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-13, 12:35   Link #160
Frontier

What does Kisara mean when she says she only has "two transformations" left? Does she meant the amount of time she can transform into her demon form? Before she consumes all of Shu's memories ?

No surprise Kisara would pounce on the chance to kiss Shu while he's asleep and erase some other women from his life...but of course Ayano isn't going to let her steal a kiss like that .

Mikami just casually admitting he's a former chuuni...

"Sharon the Chaste" - even though she flashes her legs, garterbelt stockings, and undies so much and has no qualms about having sex. Yeah, I'm with Ayano, nothing about this woman is "chaste .

Ostensibly someone dedicated to eradicating demons because of their faith wouldn't be an issue when they're trying to eliminate demons as well...but people like Sharon are so fervent in their belief that they'd go all out to eliminate the demons without any care for the masquerade the city has up. And there's the matter of Kisara .

So Shu has both girlfriends at his bedside and being as prickly around each other as ever, although they both can seemingly commiserate over the third woman in Shu's life and how he basically cheated on them both. Poor Ayano is desperate to find out how many other women Shu has been with, and Kisara's not telling .

Ah, so Sharon and Shu did have sex! And Sharon was about to kill Shu while they were in the middle of it before he knocked her out. I hope the sex was still good though .

Kisara is so loyal to Shu because he saved her from the Celestial Abbey, when they wanted her destroyed, and on Shu's part, it seems like on some level he's worried about losing her along with his sister and his sense of self if his nightmare is any indication .

Sharon "The Chaste" gets a full strip scene (with special emphasis on her stockings) and a shot of her amazing "Chaste" ass before she enters into a full body armor powered by demons to hunt down Kisara. And of course the only thing she keeps on is her nun habit .

Before Shu and Kisara can reconcile and work together again, Kisara wants him to answer what she is to him...simply just a tool and a means to an end? Something beyond being willing to throw his identity and life away to use? But whether Shu might love Kisara or not, she's the only demon he would kiss the way he does, and the two engage in some passionate make-up kissing .

Gotta be embarrassing for Sharon to lose so decisively to Kisara and get arrested while practically naked, although at least they gave her her clothes back for her interrogation .

Welp, Ayano had a bit of a lead, but now it's her turn to be left in the dust as Shu and Kisara strengthen their bond and walk off together while she's left holding the coffee .

Shu may not remember much about Sharon but he remembers on some level that she wasn't one for letting personal feelings get in the way of her mission, so she was never here just for Shu or Kisara...she was actually there because there's a one true Demon Hazard that's about to burst out of the city and the Celestial Abbey is out to stop it. Does that mean they're going to work with Sharon to stop it now that they know about the real threat? Will the Abbey bust Sharon out of custody when they come in to take it out? Will that be the final boss ?