AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-31, 12:54   Link #161
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Didn't we see a TV special in the background about various people who were Alan Children? So I'd think pretty well known.
There could be some interesting aspects to Alan Institute gifts. A famous pianist on the news mentioned they were one of the Alan Children.

But if they're trying very hard to make Chisato's talent as a killer come out, it makes me wonder if the institute has also forced other children into talents that they don't particularly want to pursue, but the institute determined it is what they're "best" at.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 14:55   Link #162
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
There could be some interesting aspects to Alan Institute gifts. A famous pianist on the news mentioned they were one of the Alan Children.

But if they're trying very hard to make Chisato's talent as a killer come out, it makes me wonder if the institute has also forced other children into talents that they don't particularly want to pursue, but the institute determined it is what they're "best" at.
Basic summary:

Quote:
there's this guy Allan Adams, lots of "geniuses" in all sorts of fields like sports, science and arts are starting to come out saying they received his support, no one knows where he is or what he looks like, signs of his involvement go back 100 years so people speculate it's a pseudonym used by a group, he supports people with unique abilities who lack the chance to display them, his support takes various forms from money to medical treatment to arranging instructions, the only trace he leaves is the owl pendant
Old 2022-07-31, 16:00   Link #163
Kazu-kun

What if the Allan Institute is not a group at all but just Shinji who has lived for over 100 years thanks to his super technology and wealth?
Old 2022-07-31, 16:14   Link #164
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Basic summary:
there's this guy Allan Adams, lots of "geniuses" in all sorts of fields like sports, science and arts are starting to come out saying they received his support, no one knows where he is or what he looks like, signs of his involvement go back 100 years so people speculate it's a pseudonym used by a group, he supports people with unique abilities who lack the chance to display them, his support takes various forms from money to medical treatment to arranging instructions, the only trace he leaves is the owl pendant
I think you missed my point.

What if Chisato isn't the only one who got a gift and then did not want to become what the Alan Institute expected of them? For example, maybe a "genius" pianist wanted to be an illustrator. Could they have been bullied into being a concert pianist? Or quietly discouraged from doing anything else.

This was a very sociopathic and extreme attempt to get Chisato to kill, but what if that isn't out of their norm?
Old 2022-07-31, 17:22   Link #165
GDB

It's hard to say, since other than Chisato the only ones we've been informed about were in poverty or the like, so they'd take any avenue to escape that available.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 17:55   Link #166
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt Chisato's "problem" pops up too often. Most of the time people pursue what they're good at. Because being good at something feels great. But in the event it happens, it's obvious to me they employ any method necessary to "correct" the path the children have taken.
Old 2022-07-31, 18:07   Link #167
bakato

Quote:
I think you missed my point.

What if Chisato isn't the only one who got a gift and then did not want to become what the Alan Institute expected of them? For example, maybe a "genius" pianist wanted to be an illustrator. Could they have been bullied into being a concert pianist? Or quietly discouraged from doing anything else.

This was a very sociopathic and extreme attempt to get Chisato to kill, but what if that isn't out of their norm?
I wasn't replying to your point. I was expanding on the Alan children.
Old 2022-07-31, 21:14   Link #168
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think when you need to assassinate someone, breathing down their back but pretending to not be there is not the smartest thing to do.
No?

Also, yeah, Akasaka and Ooishi, except Ooishi is named Abe. I see where we are going.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 02:38   Link #169
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I'm trying to put some pieces together...

It seems pretty clear that the person controlling the comatose man Chisato and Takina were guarding is Shinji, the Alan Institute guy. His assistant is the one who bombed Walnut, the one who paid Silent Jin for the mission, the one who stole the drug addict from the hospital. Same earrings in all three instances. (I'm a bit unclear if we were being show her stealing him from the hospital in the past... or her killing him at the hospital in the present.)

If that's true, if it was Shinji talking to Chisato all along, then:

1. Was what he said about promising his daughter they'd look up at the old radio tower until their necks hurt a true story? And, if it was, what happened to Shinji's daughter? I'd guess she was lost to him somehow and was taken in and trained as a Lycoris. Then, either she was killed in the attack on the old radio tower. Or... she was the one who ended the attack on the old radio tower. AKA: Shinji's daughter may be Chisato.

We've now seen Shinji lovingly run his hand over Chisato's image in episode 1. He keeps breaking Alan Institute rules to come see Chisato at the cafe. He has some kind of promise Mika is keeping for him regarding Chisato. The only thing waving me off from Chisato being Shinji's daughter is that Mika says Chisato doesn't remember Shinji because she only saw him "that one time" which is implied to be when he gave her the Alan Institute owl pendant. (And artificial heart, I suppose.)

2. Again, if Shinji was the one talking to Chisato all along... then what's this about him being involved in the new (red) radio tower's construction? "He's leaving something splendid behind for the future" Chisato is told. Meaning Shinji / the Alan Institute is involved in its construction? The new tower has been a part of the show all along and had its name mentioned in the very first news cast as Chisato gets ready in the morning. Both towers are also a big part of the show's main logo title card.

I've got an increasingly bad feeling about the "Enkuboku". The red radio tower. I'm just not sure what role it will play. Did Shinji build it as a memorial for his daughter? Or could it be in revenge for her in some way? Will it be attacked? Will it blow up as a giant bomb? I'd jump to even wilder theories like mind control, but I just don't think we've seen any evidence of something as far out as that, yet. (Heck, I'm super suspicious of those owl pendants, too... but again, no evidence that they are anything but simple pendants... for now...)
Old 2022-08-05, 09:45   Link #170
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I like their smiles in this fanart.

Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 00:28   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That is some absolutely sweet fan art for sure. These two are the highlight of the season for me. Really hoping they end up good and happy at the end of all this.
Old 2022-08-06, 04:17   Link #172
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

The yuri is getting stronger, though it may be one-sided right now (from Takina to Chisato).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Not sure if Chisato is romantically interested in Takina. But she definitely cares quite a bit about h
take what I say with a grain of salt. As I've only seen people in other forums say these things in their posts.. and I can't even remember where to find those posts anymore.

from what I saw... they said the director of the anime likes yuri -- so there's a chance for an actual yuri ship, not just baiting. Another thing I saw someone else say is that... in an interview with the VA's.. the va's hinted that there would be more "gayness" to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That is some absolutely sweet fan art for sure. These two are the highlight of the season for me. Really hoping they end up good and happy at the end of all this.
same here, hoping for a happy ending for the two of them.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2022-08-06 at 04:34.
Old 2022-08-06, 11:59   Link #173
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 6

Good episode. Some decent tension there during the fight scene! Walnut finally reveals she’s the hacker. But has she told them who her client was? Also, LilyBell, aka Boy Lycoris, confirmed!
Old 2022-08-06, 12:26   Link #174
ryllharu

Great episode on the whole, but no one should survive an RPG blast at that distance, much less unharmed like Majima. They've backed up a lot of the otherwise fantasy stuff with Chisato dodging bullets, but come on.

Gunsmith Cats recognized the issue with explosives and specifically called out May's Special grenades as very low yield without fragmentation.

Majima was inches from a car that got hit by an RPG.
Old 2022-08-06, 12:51   Link #175
Marina2

八咫烏 Yatagarasu "Three-Legged Crow"

- 君影草 (Lily of the Valley) = LilyBell

- 彼岸花 (Spider Lily) = Lycoris

- 花葵 (Hollyhock) = ???

Quote:
Great episode on the whole, but no one should survive an RPG blast at that distance, much less unharmed like Majima. They've backed up a lot of the otherwise fantasy stuff with Chisato dodging bullets, but come on.

Gunsmith Cats recognized the issue with explosives and specifically called out May's Special grenades as very low yield without fragmentation.

Majima was inches from a car that got hit by an RPG.
C'mon we have seen action movie hero survived something like that in a movie with realistic setting.

Also, anime rules#652 if someone got blasted and fell into the water. That person is still alive.
Old 2022-08-06, 12:57   Link #176
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Takina coming over to Chisato home for safety purposes. ^^

Robota always in danger of being shot in the head working for the madman. lol

more exciting gun fights. This show always entertains me.

looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2022-08-06, 14:12   Link #177
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
C'mon we have seen action movie hero survived something like that in a movie with realistic setting.

Also, anime rules#652 if someone got blasted and fell into the water. That person is still alive.
Alive? Fine.

Unharmed? No way. Chisato had more wounds from being punched around by Majima. Takina has been shot across the leg.
Old 2022-08-06, 14:18   Link #178
Kazu-kun

Majima survives RPG up close and Chisato only has minor scratches after getting beaten around.... yeah, not digging the direction they're going, to be honest. He punched her in the face a few times even and she didn't have a single scratch afterwards. What the hell?

It's not like I want 100% serious business. That stopped being an option when they revealed Chisato could dodge bullets. But I don't want 100% nonsense and stupidity either. It's funny Majima was talking about balance because this episode felt really unbalanced to me.
Old 2022-08-06, 17:20   Link #179
grecefar

Takina winning the rock parer scissors at the end was the best.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 17:21   Link #180
GDB

I'm surprised she didn't realize herself why she kept losing. She knows how Chisato fights.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote