AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 19 31.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 29.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-15, 19:40   Link #61
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

You do know that Black Vice is the Vice President of ARG. He is essentially Noumi's superior. This makes him a LOT more of a threat than Noumi. Why would Noumi follow him if he could steal his abilities? The two likely scenarios would be:

a) Out of gratitude(unlikely)
b) Black Vice can beat him down if he tried(likely)

Also, they call themselves, Acceleration Research Group. It would be safe to assume they researched thoroughly the Incarnate System as well as other hacks. How is that fair for Haru/Taku combo? Which leads us why they let Noumi into their group?
Old 2012-09-15, 20:36   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Black Lotus' dramatic entrance was, at one level, very cool and nice to see.

But at another level, I do think it undermines what I thought was being set up as one of the major points of this arc - That being that Haru and Taku were trying to show that there are things they can take care of without KYH's help. Well, they clearly failed on that mark, at least, if KYH's involvement is needed to save the day.

Still, the action scenes were great, and the episode was every bit as intense and flashy as one could have hoped for.
Old 2012-09-15, 20:44   Link #63
Dark Wing

I don't know about everyone else but I like this episode it gave us the answer of this organization actually is and we get to end this season with an epic battle to the death.

It also doesn't surprise me that Noumi/Dusk Taker had such a background however just like with Cherry Rook that doesn't justify the evils he has committed because he wanted more power and pulling such an underhanded move such as take a hostage to make sure he wins just shows how low he has become. For all the lives he has ruined just to satisfy his own greed he needs to be stopped once and for all thankfully his days seem to be numbered next episode will most likely be his last.

Anyway enough of Noumi/Dusk Taker he's old news I want to know more about Black Vice. He's obviously the one pulling the other threes (Sulfur, Rust, and Dusk) strings and using them.
Old 2012-09-15, 22:04   Link #64
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Speaking of Black Vice, he's quite a mysterious one, although he did compromised himself as the Vice President of ARG. If Black Vice was the one who is pulling the strings, then this means both Sulfur and Rust might be associated with Black Vice as well?
Old 2012-09-15, 22:18   Link #65
GDB

He all but outright says Sulfur Pot was one of his minions. There's no maybe about it.
Old 2012-09-15, 22:45   Link #66
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
How does it render the development moot?

First of all, all the steps Haru and Taku took to get to this point has not changed. Haru even because he's such a good guy, much to the chagrin of others, offered Noumi a clean fight mano a mano. Noumi found some way to cheat because clearly Haru and Taku still don't know everything there is to know about AW. Sure no problem, the fight became unfair.

Noumi called in his boss, so KYH showing up evens the playing field. She's here to take care of the third party (Who I might add seems out of Taku/Haru's league right now in abilities), and she's still letting Haru fight his own battle against Dusk Taker. If Haru loses, he loses brain burst. Nothing's changed. He still has to prove his self worth.

I'd see your point if KYH beat everybody up, but she's not interfering in the actual conflict between Noumi and Haru/Taku/Chiyu. Nothing has been cheapened here.
<3 I think I agree with about everything you've ever written in this forum.

I can understand where the people disappointed with Kuroyukihime's involvement are coming from (Unlike the crowd from the episode 15 thread ), but I don't have any problem with the way things developed in this episode. Even if she did curbstomp Noumi and steal all the glory, we're still very early in the series, so I think it's fine to have Kuro remain a godly figure that towers over everyone else. It's probably the last 'Mufasa saving Simba from the hyenas' style scene she'll get, anyway; Haru's far beyond being a newbie at this point, and becoming a better Burst Linker all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're much closer to being equals at the current point in the Light Novels.

A bit disappointed that Noumi's backstory was glossed over so much, though; I was looking forward to learning about why he's turned into the person he's become. He's actually a rather interesting contrast to Haru, who also endured bullying but retained his kind nature and never turned into a rotten person, much as the mistreatment hurt him.
Old 2012-09-15, 23:25   Link #67
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Black Lotus' dramatic entrance was, at one level, very cool and nice to see.

But at another level, I do think it undermines what I thought was being set up as one of the major points of this arc - That being that Haru and Taku were trying to show that there are things they can take care of without KYH's help. Well, they clearly failed on that mark, at least, if KYH's involvement is needed to save the day.

Still, the action scenes were great, and the episode was every bit as intense and flashy as one could have hoped for.
Well, to be fair, Noumi brought in another seemingly more dangerous guy, so I don't think KYH's appearance undermined them that much.
Old 2012-09-15, 23:27   Link #68
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, to be fair, Noumi brought in another seemingly more dangerous guy, so I don't think KYH's appearance undermined them that much.
More than anything I'd say they were pretty much screwed without Lotus. Vise being there was really bad luck for Haru and Taku.
Old 2012-09-16, 00:07   Link #69
GundamZZ
残念美人

It's more surprising that the story involves the last second rescue when someone's HP is nearing 0.

The match shows that Masked Rider Diend is more than just overpowered opponents for Haruyuki. His metal plates can block Black Lotus's "laser shooting". So, Black Lotus decides to get serious with him. I'm sure she likes to punish Nomi for his misbehavior. For her pride, she may not want to beat the opponent with much lower level.

Nomi's back story is explained. I feel sorry for him, but one wrong does not right another wrong. His action for setting up Haruyuki is overboard. The next episode is most likely the judgment episode for him.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-09-16, 00:26   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Yes, I think we're supposed to perceive this as "re-levelling the playing field". Noumi brought in his boss, so Haru/Taku's boss comes in to take care of the other boss, leaving the original fight as planned.

Having Kuroyukihime not participate is in a way worse because it implies that she really was left "blissfully unaware" of all that was happening. They've hinted a number of times that this wasn't the case, and she really did know (but was waiting to be asked to intervene). Now was the time to intervene because Noumi acting in such a way that undermined the anticipated fight (no surprise of course). Noumi's plan all along was to show that "honour" is foolish, and they're not exactly disproving this... even though justice will still prevail in the end.
Old 2012-09-16, 00:58   Link #71
Shiyumi

Black Vise character is awesome.
Old 2012-09-16, 00:58   Link #72
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...perhaps if the duel started off as Noumi/Chiyu vs Haru/Taku...then they get ambushed by Black Vice...
...the events that follows after would have been more acceptable...

...i just dont really like seeing a 2 vs 1 match when the opponent is not boss enough...especially when the ones preaching about being a burst linker are doing the double-teaming...

...but whatever not that big of a deal...but i just hope Taku can still contribute something...seriously...give the dude a win...
Old 2012-09-16, 04:26   Link #73
Alhazad2003

Man, loved the episode. So now we see what made Noumi what he is, another case of the oppressed becoming the oppressor. Sad, it really is. May his comeuppance me mighty. It shouldn't be any less after all the trouble he's caused. Man, we really need a second season, this is way too cool to end here. Way too cool! Need more Accel World! MOAR!!
Old 2012-09-16, 04:54   Link #74
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Why is there Signal Strength and Battery Life on a Sudden Death Duel Card?
Old 2012-09-16, 07:29   Link #75
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
To make people ask these questions. :'3c
*is kicked*

So far, the only impression I've got from Black Vise (or Vice) is that he fits the "Affably Evil" trope to a "T".
Old 2012-09-16, 07:44   Link #76
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Maybe it's an item that expires if not used within a certain amount of time.

Anyway, that's not important anymore, since it was activated.
Old 2012-09-16, 10:32   Link #77
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Still doesn't explain the Signal Strength.

Hmmm... maybe it doubles up as a phone too...
Old 2012-09-16, 13:01   Link #78
HandofFate

Even if they didn't expect Black Vice, Kurohime showing up still undermines it a bit.

Things don't always go as planned, so it should have been Haru and Taku's chance to prove they can adapt to situations.
And Chiyu was there too. It would have been a good time for Chiyu to actually get some elbow grease in her and be the one to save Taku by healing him right before Nomi was gonna land the final blow. As a sort of redemption to last time where she healed Nomi when he was like one hit away from defeat.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:05   Link #79
Meltyred

Hmm, about Black vice's "deceleration" ability, could it be also activated through touch, which was why Silver crow couldn't move when pinned against the 2 blocks?

Still, it makes no sense how he just broke free...
Weird...
Guess it's time to read the novel.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:17   Link #80
judasmartel
*Author

Somebody explained to me that BV's deceleration ability is not one of BV's special skills, which actually involves restriction. Crow willed himself out of Zero Fill AND BV's nigh-inescapable wall trap.

Apparently, it's through his BIC that he can suspend acceleration, not necessarily through his own Duel Avatar.
Closed Thread