Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 07:37   Link #101
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In the solo? Keep the Lester mission for last (after the main storyline is done) and invest all of your money on the right stocks when the time comes. If you've played the Lester missions when they showed up like I had... you're fucked. Your only option is to invest on BAWSAQ but it will take a while before you turn up a good profit... if you turn up a profit at all.
That takes too long. Also, i'm playing offline so BAWSAQ is out of the question.
Old 2013-10-15, 08:11   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Unfortunately, there are no other ways to make a huge amount of money in this game. None.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:55   Link #103
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Actually a few of the random "events" grant you a decent amount of cash.

If I recall right there are several places on the map with scripted events such as a police shootout with drug dealers at a motel in the desert that net you $250.000 each just by picking up the briefcase and escaping each scene.

There is also an event when you drive down the freeway on the far west coast in which a guy in a broken down car wants a lift to the airport, if you get him there on time he will tell you to buy shares in some company as its profits are about to take off. If you spend all your money on shares you can almost double it within a few in-game hours, however you need to be careful and keep a constant eye on the share price because once it peaks it takes a nosedive again.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 16:42   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

250k is nothing post game. Plus I don't think you can grind these events (unless there's a glitch?).

The second event you're talking about sounds good, I'll try it. I assume it only happens once? I might have to maximize my earnings on BAWSAQ before I do it. I earned 8 million in 24 hours, and it's still rising. It's definitely the best way to make a lot of money. I've tried LCN before but it doesn't seem to be as reliable for long term investments. You can make easy money on short term though: "pretend" to buy all of the lowest shares, but before clicking the buy button, wait 3 minutes. Hit buy. If the price of the shares has risen compared to the previous screen, confirm your purchase and sell everything immediately, otherwise, cancel it. By investing around 30mil you can get 200k in 3 minutes and there's no risk. It's good if you want a bit of pocket money to buy cars or something. I haven't done this in a long time though so maybe it's been patched.
Old 2013-10-15, 17:37   Link #105
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It might not sound like much but its money that could be invested in shares after the airport event mission I mentioned leaving your with a decent amount of cash for little effort.

Also yes they can only be done once.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 22:18   Link #106
videoman190

The game is doing very well in Japan
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/19...but-gta-japan/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:53   Link #107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lol. Looks like Lamar turn his life around.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-22, 00:07   Link #108
killer3000ad

YouTube
Old 2015-03-10, 12:20   Link #109
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

GTA V Heists Update is 4GB, Heist Planning Unlocks at Level 12

Finally.

YouTube
Old 2015-03-10, 12:27   Link #110
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
GTA V Heists Update is 4GB, Heist Planning Unlocks at Level 12

Finally.

YouTube
Anyone wanna assemble a heist team here? I am ready and is looking forward to off some dusts on my PS4.
Old 2015-04-16, 05:52   Link #111
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, GTA V for PC has been out since the 14th, but...boy...even though I bought a boxed retail copy the very same day, it took me TWO full days to get past the splash screen and actually start downloading updates. I was just about ready to check myself into a mental facility due to all the mounting frustration and depression.

But...well...turns out I had to create a new Windows account (apparently, having spaces or exotic characters in your username can cause problems with the game launcher) and uninstall my old Comodo Internet Security (deactivating the firewall and Defense+ just didn't suffice - I had to get rid of the entire shebang) to get the GTA5 launcher past its splash screen and to the activation process. Now I have to see how far I can go without running into another problem...and hopefully, at the end of it all, I'll finally be able to play the dratted game.

10 minutes left until the moment of truth...

EDIT: now downloading 5Gb worth of updates...don't keep me on tenterhooks, GTA.

EDIT bis: holy mother of... It wasn't my username that was causing all this BS, it's bloody Comodo itself. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ︵┻━┻
Even if I tweak the firewall rules and the Defense+ settings, I still can't launch GTA5. Will have to look for a new FW or system protection (not an AV, that's already covered) now...

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-04-16 at 12:00.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 10:54   Link #112
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

This game is quite fun. Crazy over the top, the characters are something else. I just wish my PC was better so I could get more out of it. The ol' GTX670 and i5 2500k are struggling a little with this one.
Old 2015-04-17, 11:23   Link #113
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

i5-2500 (non-K) and slappin' new GTX970 4Gb and no problem. I hit a hurdle yesterday (after I got my own copy to finally activate after taking down the security suite) and got stuck in a continuous download loop for the 5Gb patch (I must've dl'ed somewhere around 10-15Gb until I called it quits and tinkered with the files to break this infernal cycle ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ), but today everything's a-okay. And holy guacamole, is Los Santos really a beautiful spot...much more colorful, vast and animated than the gray and gritty Liberty City. Loving every square inch of it, even though I have yet to thoroughly explore it.

Though right now I feel for Michael, who (in my campaign) lives in a scrumptious mansion with only $27 in his pocket, while Franklin is running circles around his run-down 'hood with a half-million bucks (courtesy of the extra money offered with the boxed retail copy). Gotta love the irony.

The storyline is good and not as full-blown-whack as TBOGT was (that one...was weird; at least GTAV is trying to keep it real).

YouTube

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-04-25 at 07:18.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 13:20   Link #114
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
This game is quite fun. Crazy over the top, the characters are something else. I just wish my PC was better so I could get more out of it. The ol' GTX670 and i5 2500k are struggling a little with this one.
This can't be right... my 660Ti's runs the game just fine but I needed some extram RAM (8GB).
i5 2500K is fine too, just OC it to like 4ghz and you'll be good to go.
Old 2015-04-17, 19:13   Link #115
Mr Hat and Clogs

Really? Hmmm, I get about 40-70fps most of the time but occasionally it will... chug a little (it will freeze for a second or so), I wasn't sure if it was the processor maxing out the video card or the pos HDD I have to run it on because there is no way I could it on my SSD.

As for overclocking, I've never really liked doing that. I could get up to 4Ghz, but my luck would have it explode on me or something. I was leery about taking about 3.6 or something at one point.
Old 2015-04-24, 21:38   Link #116
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Really? Hmmm, I get about 40-70fps most of the time but occasionally it will... chug a little (it will freeze for a second or so), I wasn't sure if it was the processor maxing out the video card or the pos HDD I have to run it on because there is no way I could it on my SSD.

As for overclocking, I've never really liked doing that. I could get up to 4Ghz, but my luck would have it explode on me or something. I was leery about taking about 3.6 or something at one point.
These chugs are called stuttering and usually happens when you run out of video memory.
Old 2015-04-25, 00:29   Link #117
Mr Hat and Clogs

Went and tweaked some stuff, reinstalled my video drivers from scratch. Which apparently seems to have been the problem, despite updating them in the past some stuff wasn't being cleared out properly and was impacting performance. So manually wiping all nVidia stuff out completely and installing from scratch seems to have fixed it.
Old 2015-04-25, 06:00   Link #118
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
The game is doing very well in Japan
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/19...but-gta-japan/
I hope to see some Japanese fan art soon. Glad it sold well in Japan.
Old 2015-04-26, 08:45   Link #119
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Finally finished the SP campaign (though there are some strangers & freaks, bail bonds and other side missions I have yet to complete, along with the collectibles quests); I'd have elected to
Spoiler for endings:

Tried out creating a character for GTA Online...aaaaaaand once again Rockstar hates me. Somehow the character I cooked up (which would've been a younger, longer-haired version of Tony Montana from Scarface) got corrupted and a curious bug kept punting me into the ground during the GTAO tutorial process (textures and objects started to disappear until the entire landscape got low-res-ish and the player/pause menu was unavailable); I eventually had to delete my character and settle for one randomly generated by Rockstar (a female char); this time, it worked. *sigh*

Will see later about joining jobs and other activities. For now I'd rather roam around and see more of Los Santos.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:04   Link #120
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Having fun messing around online. It's fun when you have a group of people to play with. In-game sports are REALLY fun, surprisingly. They really need to come up with co-op missions and heists that can have players > 4 people (I'm not talking about racing and deathmatch and such). I usually play with a group of 5 or 6 people and it sucks 1 or 2 have to be left out because heists or a coop missions are capped at 4 people.

I also think they should bring back tanks at 5 stars. It's quite annoying when players have those decked out armored vehicles (not the Kuruma, that SUV/off-road like vehicle/truck) and are almost impossible to kill even with rockets. And, not only are you spending money to buy your explosives back, you also have to pay their insurance for the vehicle you destroyed.

Most annoying thing (aside from random game crashes, screen freezes/black screens, and getting stuck in the load screen) are just the general loading times. You have to load for everything and it sucks lol.

Haven't touched SP yet, don't plan to really.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote