AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-05, 22:52   Link #61
Kazu-kun

This thread is for anime-game comparisons. Let's keep the discussion on topic.
Old 2016-09-06, 23:54   Link #62
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I don't think Rose won't be joining. Rose not joining means Dezel can't join since his entire character arc is intrinsically tied to her and her group of merchants/assassins.
Old 2016-09-11, 21:44   Link #63
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Previously, Sorey was denied a "Lap" from Alisha (when compared to the game). However, Atakk got to stay on Lailah's lap :P
Old 2016-09-12, 02:10   Link #64
shadow1296

Spoiler for for safety:
Old 2016-09-15, 15:30   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for for safety:
He is essentially an useless character. He really only served 2 purposes; 1)to protect Marlind while he was away(which makes no sense to protect a town from being ransacked by its own soldiers), and 2) to cement that people, even those he saved, can be scared of his amazing power(this also happens at the bridge, if you decide to show your powers in front of everyone). 1) is nullified because, in the anime, Alisha has enough clout to gather her own army of those who are loyal to her in order to help and protect the town. 2) is pretty much nullified, because he's already shown his power in front of 100s of townspeople and Hyland soldiers as well, yet is still highly revers, is thankful, and respects the shepherd's powers.

Old 2016-09-15, 15:34   Link #66
GDB

They KIND OF kept in the part about fearing Sorey's powers when Mikleo was coming across the bridge. What's her name, Alisha's teacher, made the comment to one of the other soldiers.
Old 2016-09-15, 17:48   Link #67
Kazu-kun

It was pretty subtle compared to the game though. I like that. There's no need to make a huge drama of every little thing, and people respect the Shepherd quite a lot in the anime setting, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
Old 2016-09-18, 14:27   Link #68
Sides

This week comparison. (episode 11)
I think they have written out Lucas and his group from the story, not that it matters in the anime. IIRC his role in the game was to show, that people are affraid of the shepard's powers, but in the anime you always had the sense that it is the case anyways.
I don't think there is a need to spoiler tag this, because the character doesn't even appear in the anime.
Old 2016-09-18, 18:10   Link #69
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I'm curious to see how things will go from now on. Instead of being captured, Alisha gets backstabbed instead.
Old 2016-09-18, 18:36   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I'm curious to see how things will go from now on. Instead of being captured, Alisha gets backstabbed instead.
It wouldn't make sense if she got captured now anyway. Sorey's already in the battle field, and Leomon is about to show up.
Old 2016-09-18, 18:47   Link #71
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I meant... how will the war stop?

I'm curious to see how the Anime will go from now on, since they pretty went their own way.
Old 2016-09-19, 01:33   Link #72
darkdill

I'm honestly hoping miss boobie archer survives.

But seriously, this certainly feels more like an Alisha-centric story rather than Sorey. Given the complaints about Zestiria's story in the game, this anime is certainly making up for it.

Also I'm hoping that the two Berseria episodes isn't the full extent we'll be getting of Velvet. If that's the case, they should've just done an OVA for Berseria and had two more episodes available for Zestiria X. I personally hope that Velvet makes some sort of appearance in Sorey's travels, perhaps even getting into a fight with him (obviously said fight would have to result in a draw, but it'd still be badass to watch).
Old 2016-09-20, 08:50   Link #73
Jaden

Hehe, the structure of the anime is exactly as I predicted around ep 3 - season 1 ends with encountering the villain and season 2 with defeating him. Makes sense, in the game those periods felt like chapters one and two.

This is also where the series will take a darker turn. You thought it was edgy until now? HAH.

There's not gonna be a Berseria crossover, because Velvet is in prison during Zestiria and a while after.

Also probably no more Berseria episodes, because those were promotional material for a release that has now concluded. Would they have made more sense as an OVA? Yes, absolutely. I don't know what they were thinking.
Old 2016-09-20, 09:04   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
There's not gonna be a Berseria crossover, because Velvet is in prison during Zestiria and a while after.
Berseria took place around 1000 years before Zestiria, you know?
Old 2016-09-22, 00:22   Link #75
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Berseria took place around 1000 years before Zestiria, you know?
Oh, then there isn't going to be a crossover, because they're 1000 years apart.
Old 2016-09-23, 15:34   Link #76
Jaden

The fact that Eizen appears in Berseria I don't really consider a spoiler, since he was announced in other promo material already. Other than that, be careful.

But I wouldn't consider him that important in Zestiria. Maybe you're talking about something else, in which case I can't comment since I'm holding out for the western release.

If they want to mess around with Berseria characters some more in this series, there's a pacing problem. Confrontation with Heldalf is a good place to end the first season, since it is kind of a halfway point for the story - but still, there is quite a bit more going on in the second half, so it'd be difficult to wedge in Berseria episodes like they were able to in the first half.

Also, I think they might want to keep a separate Berseria anime project in the cards, in which case it'd be weird to show what becomes of those characters in this series.
Old 2016-09-25, 14:04   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Addressing a subject from the anime thread, I expected them to remove the part about Sorey losing his resonance powers a while ago, because of time constraints. They spent half the show's length on the first 10-12 hours of the game's material. (Even if you took out the Berseria promo episodes, they still would have ended the first cour here) That leaves a lot of ground to cover on the main plot in these next 12 episodes. Losing his resonance temporarily caused Sorey's party to seek out the four temples to bolster his power, which, from a plot point of view, was pointless and didn't add anything. Basically it was all to add material and hours to the game.
Conversely, they simply don't have time to pack visiting the four temples and tackling the main plot in just 12 more episodes, lest you want Symphonia anime time-crunching. So by removing Sorey losing his resonance, they make him strong enough so that he doesn't need to visit the temples. The few bits of plot that happened during those dungeons can just be transplanted elsewhere in the story.

So thats what I think they're doing with the story.
Old 2016-09-25, 14:11   Link #78
Dextro
He Without a Title

Yeah, them cutting the temples bit makes sense. It was a very gamey thing to have the hero go through trials to regain his powers and I don't think it would help much in the anime.

One thing I was thinking had been cut was the Squire mechanic, especially with how weird it felt in this episode. This is one of the few things I think the game had that deserved keeping: the burden a Squire puts on the Sheppard since it's effectively sharing his powers with another person and the fact that Alisha, despite having some ability, was too much of a burden. They should have tied that into her staying behind in the game and, if they really wanted to keep that in, they should have used it in the same way in the anime. As it is it became some sort of throwaway scene that could well be cut with no changes to the story. It doesn't even serve to get some interactions between Alisha and the Seraphim which, given that the Tales Of series basically survives on character interactions, is borderline criminal.
Old 2016-09-25, 14:15   Link #79
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
osing his resonance temporarily caused Sorey's party to seek out the four temples to bolster his power, which, from a plot point of view, was pointless and didn't add anything. Basically it was all to add material and hours to the game.
Indeed, the main contribution the four temples made to the game was Go Shiina's music soundtrack for those dungeons. That made it totally worth it.
Old 2016-09-25, 14:16   Link #80
GDB

She's been a squire for like two minutes. You can't say it's a throwaway scene. They're very likely to bring her back in once Sorey is done in Rolance, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have her purifying hellions or getting seraphim set up as guardians while Sorey is gone.
Closed Thread