Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-18, 14:08   Link #41
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Also I could imagine the Rena one... if she fails to wake you up go "Hau~ Negao, Kaiii Omochikaeri~ "
She could snap like in Tatarigoroshi
「起きろって言ってんでしょボケ!!あははははははははははははははははははは」
(I'm tellin' you to get up dumbass!! Ahahahahahahahahahaha)

Quote:
Not only will Dark Rika come out every so often, she will kindly give you your forturne, like tell you how many minutes you have left to live. ^^;;; uwa~ kowa~
Then revert back to Nipa~
I would imagine something depressing... maybe
「朝だ...でも、どうせ終わる世界だから、起きなくていいよ」
(Minagoroshi spoiler)

Quote:
And finally, Alarm Clock C (Shii) version won't say anything. Zap!
This one's easy
「......くけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけけ*click*」
(......kukekekekekekekekekekekekeke*click*)
Old 2006-08-18, 14:20   Link #42
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Also I could imagine the Rena one... if she fails to wake you up go "Hau~ Negao, Kaiii Omochikaeri~ "
>_< Too cute!!!
Whenever Rena gets into that mode with those ≡ ≡ eyes, it also makes me go "Haauuuu~" mode and then I want to omochikaeri Rena ~_~
Right now I feel like going on a random omochikaeri rampage in search of all the Higurashi clocks I can find..... *omochikaeriiiiiiii*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
She could snap like in Tatarigoroshi
「起きろって言ってんでしょボケ!!あははははははははははははははははははは」
(I'm tellin' you to get up dumbass!! Ahahahahahahahahahaha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
4chan seems to be coming up with some great suggestions xD "I would kill for an 'USO DA!' alarm that, when you smacked the snooze button, reverted to repeating 'gomenasai!' over and over again."
That's just too mean, I hope the Rena clock isn't like that...

Oh wait.... Maybe I want one like that too... ^^;;;;;
Old 2006-08-21, 13:16   Link #43
I<3killerloli's

omg, I really want those Higurines! BTW, Ebay is a ripoff site. I saw the Ren figure alone going for 90$.
Old 2006-08-30, 01:54   Link #44
Prinkster

Any nice Higurashi posters? My room is looking a bit bland, and a nice, blood-stained Rena would do wonders to fill up these empty walls.
Old 2006-08-30, 16:34   Link #45
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinkster
Any nice Higurashi posters? My room is looking a bit bland, and a nice, blood-stained Rena would do wonders to fill up these empty walls.
That'd be quite a shock to anyone walking into the room >_>

Anyway, updates:

Official goods page updated with a pic of the second DVD cover and the cards it'll include - an Ace of the cover as usual, along with a severe Keiichi, a timid looking waitress Shion, Ooishi on the phone, and Takano looking... blank. Already ordered it simply because it has ep4 on and I'd least like to have Onikakushi. Plus the cover's nice, and everyone loves Rika and Satoko. Right?

Dunno when this popped up, but it's out already - 2 discs of tracks from the Higurashi answer chapters! Includes dai's tracks that many people have probably already heard, along with a whole load of others. Unfortunately, it doesn't have ALL the tracks - particularly noticeable is the lack of anything by 煉獄小僧 (彷徨いの言葉は天に導かれ and ZERO especially) which is the only reason I haven't ordered this right this minute. Still, for anyone who'd like to get a good idea of the music in the answer chapters without actually buying them this might be a viable alternative - not much chance of getting hold of dai's Thanks/you at this point after all.

For those who can read it, here's the tracklist, spoilered for length:
Spoiler:

Also, Amazon JP's started accepting preorders for Higurashi PS2 - both the limited edition and regular edition. Go bug your favourite supplier to do so too
Old 2006-08-30, 16:59   Link #46
LostBlue
祭囃子

*Rubs eyes* Nope I still see it there on the Amazon JP Page

発送可能時期: この商品の発売予定日は2011/01/01です。ただいま予約受付中です。 この商品は、Amazon.co.jp が販売、発送します。

Scheduled Release Date 2011/01/01
I hope someone made a mistake ^^:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Old 2006-08-30, 17:31   Link #47
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
*Rubs eyes* Nope I still see it there on the Amazon JP Page

発送可能時期: この商品の発売予定日は2011/01/01です。ただいま予約受付中です。 この商品は、Amazon.co.jp が販売、発送します。

Scheduled Release Date 2011/01/01
I hope someone made a mistake ^^:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
lol that's just what Amazon JP does when they don't have a release date for some reason o_O Dunno why that date specifically, the Fate/stay night PS2 version has it too, and for Higurashi they've even got the month in the product name...

Oh well, it's there
Old 2006-08-30, 17:47   Link #48
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Amazon don't ship software overseas, so the best you can do is stare at the discount and curse distribution laws.
*curse distribution laws*

I would expect the usual international sellers to carry them by release date though.

The game is coming out in December, it's written in the title.

Also, the game's official site has now opened:
http://www.alchemist-net.co.jp/produ...rashi_matsuri/

Oh, and that tracklist for the soundtrack... Who did the track ordering? "虚" between "search and destroy" and "宴"? ^^; Someone listening to it will look like a bipolar to others.

And 煉獄小僧's "彷徨いの言葉は天に導かれ" and "ZERO" are two of the best tracks from Tsumihoroboshi-hen, so it's really a bummer for them to not be included.
If the anime's finale for Tsumihoroboshi-hen is any good, someone should try to edit those two tracks into the scene, like Psyeye did with Digital Network. ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-08-30 at 18:05.
Old 2006-08-30, 21:21   Link #49
Varion
殲滅天使

Cheers for the link. Hmm... I hope mr '5zizz' can do a good job with the music, like the art so that and the new scenarios are probably the last things to worry about. Not expecting a sound novel calibre job but at least something more interesting than Kawai's 'oooh oooh drumdrum' effort for most of the anime OST as of late.

As for the tracklisting, I suppose it's better than them putting every single variation of 'you' in one huge line, though 宴 is pushing that a bit... that song is just TOO happy.

Oh, and for those interested, 煉獄小僧 has a bunch of tracks (including the ones he did for Higurashi - 彷徨いの言葉は天に導かれ, ZERO and 見えない何かに怯える夜) on his site if you want to hear them. Also, for anyone who missed the dai links Sushi posted a while back, here and here.

Also, not a huge thing or anything so no point in bumping this or anything, but MORE mail in extras. This time, phone cards. Not like anyone here can use them but eh, they look nice. See: site.

Last edited by Varion; 2006-08-31 at 16:23.
Old 2006-09-09, 13:18   Link #50
Varion
殲滅天使

Cover for DVD Volume 3 is up and, as usual, it pwns. These just seem to be getting better, I love the background. This one'll also be the decisive volume when it comes to the animation, as it contains the dreaded ladder scene. Please don't leave it as it is ;_;

Also, they apparently got the message about having 2 DVDs loose being silly and have started doing LE boxes - each volume and mini CD now comes in a box with the main cover art on the front, opening at the side with a fancy border and 'SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION' written in English and Japanese at the bottom. Which is good, but my Vol 1's going to look stupid now. If anyone has the first DVD can you confirm once and for all that it's just the 2 DVDs loose? Mine still hasn't come despite being ordered over a month ago -_-

Also, more random extras on the goods page including a meh t-shirt with a Rena phonecard and a few other things too.
Old 2006-09-13, 12:11   Link #51
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Anyone know what kind of machette Rena used? Because I found this at my country`s biggest auction house and I`m considering buying it:

And I thought it is kinda similiar to Rena`s... It`s Ghana machette.
Old 2006-09-13, 18:34   Link #52
imac2much

What kind of differences do the DVD episodes have with the TV episodes? I'm considering buying the DVDs if they do clean some things up...
Old 2006-09-13, 21:01   Link #53
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
Anyone know what kind of machette Rena used?
Technically, Rena's signature weapon, 鉈 (nata) is probably best translated as "hatchet". It's design is a mixture of an axe and a cleaver, and is primarily used for farming or hiking purposes.

Rena's hatchet is slightly unusual because of the pointed tip, which isn't usually present in normal hatchets. Ryukishi07-san probably got the design from actual hatchets being used in the village of Shirakawa (the real-life village in Japan that Hinamizawa was based on): Shirakawa hatchets.

You might find ones that are similiar if you looked at farming toolshops (in Japan, at least), but if you want Rena's hatchet, you'll probably have to have it custom made.

Which is what this person did:
http://office-saiun.to/nya-ko/higura...hi_002.htm#025
Old 2006-09-13, 21:33   Link #54
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
What kind of differences do the DVD episodes have with the TV episodes? I'm considering buying the DVDs if they do clean some things up...
For one thing, some bits that were edited for the TV versions have been changed. I didn't save the screenies, but one example would be the very start (when Keiichi's beating Mion and Rena with the bat) The TV version is a fair bit darker than the DVD version, so you can see more blood and stuff. According to Nork who has the DVD (mine STILL hasn't arrived, geez) a few scenes have been reanimated, but really we won't know the extent of the changes until the third DVD next month when the excessive facial contortions start popping up (via the ladder scene). I presume that was what you were hoping they'd clean up? If so, you can join me in hoping
Old 2006-09-13, 21:50   Link #55
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Me three on the facial expressions. It got really out of hand in episode 20 (or 19; Meakashi-hen all kinda melds together for me) with Shion going nuts.

And that hatchet/cleaver/machete thing is awesome. I wonder how much it would cost to have something like that made.
Old 2006-09-14, 09:37   Link #56
imac2much

Yes, the facial expressions are part of my concern. But I'm just wondering what else they changed in the anime. Onikakushi had pretty good animation I thought, but then it seemed to get progressively worse/lazier as the series went on. I wasn't aware that anime DVDs sometimes 'clean up' episodes compared to the TV versions... (clean up as in change/edit episode, not just the resolution or bitrate, etc).
Old 2006-10-04, 08:37   Link #57
imac2much

So has anyone seen the 3rd DVD yet? And do you know if they fixed some of the distorted faces (like in the ladder scene)?
Old 2006-10-04, 09:28   Link #58
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
This site shows the differences for the DVDs.
Old 2006-10-04, 09:53   Link #59
imac2much

Yeah I've seen the differences for volumes 1 and 2. Hm, I guess vol 3 isn't out yet then.
Old 2006-10-04, 10:42   Link #60
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The differences (or lack thereof) are quite disappointing
Closed Thread