AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-25, 07:51   Link #13381
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Anywhere & Everywhere
I would put money on Medaka winning. If she wanted to win bad enough, she could get back up from the 10+ dogs in the room, momentarily distract Zenkichi, fire a low blow and win the fight. Who knows.

It was a fun ride. I'm more mellow, so I took the good with the bad in a more calm stride than some here. Do I wish some things were better? Oh yeah. But it was unique enough that I realize it went beyond my expectations and gave me new ideas. Perhaps in the future, something this strange, crazy and at times trolling will be perfected. That would be fun to see.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:08   Link #13382
Nemesis@
Junior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 25
It was not so bad. We know that Zen and Medaka will marry since both kicked it. Unfortunately we have not seen any of the two kissing in the series finale. Well, I liked the page with all stages of Medaka. :P

Hopefully with GLK can see more of what happened.
Nemesis@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:27   Link #13383
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I do like this explanation on TV Tropes someone brought up for it though
One has to wonder, though. How do Zen's Zero's fit into all that? He has skills, but his mentality and such is neither plus nor minus.

Because a Zero is basically a skill to have that exact same description apply to Zenkichi when he was a teenager.
Devil Style neutralized fate and Model Zenkichi simply allowed Zenkichi to perceive his own limits.

So how did he lose that?
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:43   Link #13384
Thth
???
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
One has to wonder, though. How do Zen's Zero's fit into all that? He has skills, but his mentality and such is neither plus nor minus.

Because a Zero is basically a skill to have that exact same description apply to Zenkichi when he was a teenager.
Devil Style neutralized fate and Model Zenkichi simply allowed Zenkichi to perceive his own limits.

So how did he lose that?
Shit happens. That's all the explanation needed lol.
Or he doesn't give a shit anymore, take you pick
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 09:15   Link #13385
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Was nice to see Medaka and Kumagawa in the "Protagonists VS Rival" cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-04-25 at 09:29.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 09:31   Link #13386
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
One has to wonder, though. How do Zen's Zero's fit into all that? He has skills, but his mentality and such is neither plus nor minus.

Because a Zero is basically a skill to have that exact same description apply to Zenkichi when he was a teenager.
Devil Style neutralized fate and Model Zenkichi simply allowed Zenkichi to perceive his own limits.

So how did he lose that?
TBF Zenkichi's abilities weren't really abilities let alone his, in a world where plus and minus abilities barely exist so don't have any effect on fate, then Devil style is always in effect, after percieving your limits after a period of time you know your limits and you could figure out those limits through hardwork anyway. Those abilities don't really do anything for Zenkichi anymore he already lives in world he always wanted, where hardwork determines most of the success a person achieves.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:03   Link #13387
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
Shit happens. That's all the explanation needed lol.
Or he doesn't give a shit anymore, take you pick
Aw, do I have to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take
TBF Zenkichi's abilities weren't really abilities let alone his, in a world where plus and minus abilities barely exist so don't have any effect on fate, then Devil style is always in effect, after percieving your limits after a period of time you know your limits and you could figure out those limits through hardwork anyway. Those abilities don't really do anything for Zenkichi anymore he already lives in world he always wanted, where hardwork determines most of the success a person achieves.
I don't really understand your wording, but are you saying that he lost both his skills because they became redundant?

Because that would be the explanation I'd use. Kinda like how, even though Parasite Seeing is a skill compatible with his personality, it ultimately became redundant to him during the election, because he didn't need it to understand people completely anymore(hence the speech).
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:10   Link #13388
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Well as far as endings go, it wasn't bad. it was a fun series, and I'll miss it, this series definitely had some great characters so it'll be sad to see them go, ah well.


tho I'm a little anal that we never found out fully what happened in Junior High...or what Fukurou was going to say before he got sliced in half...
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:42   Link #13389
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Th last pic was nice, I noticed that both Medaka and Zen were wearing the presidents armband, till the end he managed to spend beside Medaka as equals.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:44   Link #13390
akron88
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colombia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Also count me in on the dislike for the Japanese obsession with thinking adolescence/teenage years are apparently the best part of a life span that lasts decades. But that is largely due to their culture and how screwed up things get beyond their teenage years in society. So if nothing else, I do understand why they never seem to let that period of life go.
Never have truer words been spoken. It's a given any work set in those years will try to ram an overstated nostalgia down your mouth at the end. But yeah, it's a representation of the hard life japanese expect after it (ffs, they're all thinking about marrying at 23!), someone should do a thesis about it it's truly something pertaining to them, and we aren't as able to "get" that feeling, being westeners.
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:47   Link #13391
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[HearT
tho I'm a little anal that we never found out fully what happened in Junior High...or what Fukurou was going to say before he got sliced in half...
Oh, thank God. I'm not the only one!

I also have to mention, that besides that, we never found out Nienami's deal.

But, I'm sure this series was canned, so it makes sense that Nishio had to rush an ending and leave all of those open.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:53   Link #13392
Jetzero Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Ya know this suddenly occured to me but I'm kind of curious...what would happen if Medaka and Zen's duel ended in a tie? Knowing how they are I can't imagine they'd be satisfied and just get married anyway
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 12:50   Link #13393
ccie20012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
wonderful ending. I'm happy.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:28   Link #13394
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Well as far as endings go, it wasn't bad. it was a fun series, and I'll miss it, this series definitely had some great characters so it'll be sad to see them go, ah well.


tho I'm a little anal that we never found out fully what happened in Junior High...or what Fukurou was going to say before he got sliced in half...
There's the Fanbook
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:16   Link #13395
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
And so it ends.

sigh

So many ups and downs.

Wonder what their next project will be?
Hope there's ecchi in it

I'll stick around for GLK and the fanbook info.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:33   Link #13396
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
I don't really get alot of this stuff about skills going away and such but in the end... they where just suffering from chuunibyou right?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 22:18   Link #13397
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Ya know this suddenly occured to me but I'm kind of curious...what would happen if Medaka and Zen's duel ended in a tie? Knowing how they are I can't imagine they'd be satisfied and just get married anyway
Well since they both would lose (and win) he would have to marry her and she would have to marry him.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:56   Link #13398
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
but in the end... they where just suffering from chuunibyou right?
What about a Moon?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:05   Link #13399
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
What about a Moon?
Was there even a moon to begin with? I've never seen such a thing. More importantly that wierd kinda open place where kumigawa and anshin'in are missing makes me feel like they may go somewhere with this. I'd love to read a story about those two, and no one else from Medaka Box is invited!
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:06   Link #13400
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Was there even a moon to begin with? I've never seen such a thing. More importantly that wierd kinda open place where kumigawa and anshin'in are missing makes me feel like they may go somewhere with this. I'd love to read a story about those two, and no one else from Medaka Box is invited!
Jump Square spinoff, believe.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.