2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 6.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-19, 15:53   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 16:21   Link #2
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

episode was completely a tease. they set up all the match ups, gave us visual candy with karna vs vlad, and that was about it. sieg trying to save others was interesting. maybe he'll start a rebellion of the homunculi.

i think fran is going to bite it next episode.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 20:09   Link #3
Twi

Review here. I'm not much of a critic, but they did some heavy foreshadowing here. Caules' talk about Berserker and that close-up of the flower before she meets Shirou, who stated his wish while flames were in the backdrop, is really ominous.
Old 2017-08-21, 00:35   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I hate to say it but....I really don't think Berserker is going to make it through this. Which should be utterly ridiculous. Even if she doesn't seem to be a particularly great servant losing to this crazy Priest shouldn't be that likely. And yet I have zero doubt she is doomed. Though who knows if Caules is monitoring things that closely he might forcibly summon her out of there using a command seal.

Credit to Sieg for doing what he can out there. Also just continuing to like Astolfo's character. Definitely an admirable person in that respect. Even though it does nothing but put Astolfo at a disadvantage....still going to hold back on using everything to avoid killing homunculi through the strain.
Old 2017-08-21, 01:51   Link #5
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"Not a particularly great servant"?

She's an engine of destruction that does not tire. She may not have Herakles' invincibility, but her noble phantasm appears to be based on the lightning that gave her life. So I would not classify her as highly inferior.

As for losing to "this crazy priest". A lot of Fate stories have people capable of going toe to toe with servants. And we already know he's wielding a noble phantasm.

I'm actually digging Shirou Kotomine as a villain. He seems so serene and earnest.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 05:02   Link #6
Tenzen12

She is one of the weakest servants in this war and that even considering ME boost, you can't do much against that.

Well I would say in direct fight she might be able beat following: Shakespear, Solomon (not that Solomon of course), Astolfo without his toys. That's about it.
Old 2017-08-21, 10:25   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

She's an engine of destruction that does not tire. She may not have Herakles' invincibility, but her noble phantasm appears to be based on the lightning that gave her life. So I would not classify her as highly inferior.

As for losing to "this crazy priest". A lot of Fate stories have people capable of going toe to toe with servants. And we already know he's wielding a noble phantasm.

I'm actually digging Shirou Kotomine as a villain. He seems so serene and earnest.
Eh I wouldn't call this Shirou as a villain just yet. He's probably stupidly strong if he's willing to go against a Berserker, but I don't see in him that same malevolence that was obvious in Kotomine (Zero) and Gilgamesh.

As for Berserker herself, well, her Caule is an otaku and he's probably feeling the Death Flag sense.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 11:30   Link #8
Tenzen12

Why should him fighting Fran be indication of his strength?
Old 2017-08-21, 12:12   Link #9
Twi

Because usually even the weakest Servant can kill a Human easily. E-ranked strength is still 10x a baseline human and she's a Berserker.
Old 2017-08-21, 13:34   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode got me more interested in Shirou. It looks like there is more to him than just being the villain of the series. He has visions like Jeanne, and his wish for the grail sounds like a noble one. He's even willing to fight on the front lines. If not for the fact he turned the other red masters into his puppets, he wouldn't seem bad at all.
Old 2017-08-21, 14:18   Link #11
ReddyRedWolf

As much as importance put on Vlad I don't feel it.

The height of this episode is the fighting between master and student. Chiron goes about Achilles' heel has always been his concern for his friends. Like Luke Skywalker.

We get a blatant hint on what Shirou is as he can have visions like Jeanne as a power and he is willing to fight in the battlefield. That Claus' gut instinct that Fran may be in danger is correct

Caster of Black unleashes Spartacus but he is worried he'll kill him. His master is golem freak and appreciates that.

This episode shows how again a great hero Astolfo is not willing to sacrifice innocents. His master watching him biting her finger.

We get a Homuculus cutie to live. Yay! Sieg recruits her to save the others. That will level the playing field.

Mordred is amusing as ever with her driving skill. Which reminds me of Irisviel. I'm sure if Kerry summoned her instead she and Iri will bond over driving cars. Sisgo worrie they just violated some laws of physics than traffic laws.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 17:01   Link #12
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Because usually even the weakest Servant can kill a Human easily. E-ranked strength is still 10x a baseline human and she's a Berserker.
Well, that's still isn't something that could be called "stupidly strong". If it was stupidly strong for human (assuming that's what he is), than yes it would be definitely correct statement.
Old 2017-08-22, 02:01   Link #13
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i am not sure its just me or the more i watch this series the more confusing it gets, i know this series isnt the usual 1v1 but having groups of servant fighting each other and didnt die is making each episode kinda meaningless.
Old 2017-08-22, 05:33   Link #14
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To be fair, the bodies in Fate Zero didnt pile up till the second half.
Old 2017-08-22, 12:13   Link #15
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Even in the original Fate route, the first defeat was after a very long buildup.
Old 2017-08-22, 17:00   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

Yeah, I call a servant that can't even go near her maximum performance without falling apart a somewhat problematic servant. Personality wise she's a likable Berserker. But in terms of combat and tactics...I think she loses to most servants in this war. So yeah, nothing to apologize for on that front.

And it isn't just her either. Spartacus was a pretty underwhelming Berserker as well. Just casually walks into enemy territory and gets captured extremely easily.

It may be unfair to compare them to other Berserkers in different Fate series, but...they are pretty underwhelming.
Old 2017-08-22, 17:39   Link #17
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't know much about Spartacus, strengthwise, but he is definitely much harder to control than any other Berserker I know of.
Old 2017-08-22, 17:51   Link #18
XFire
150% done

Spartacus' Mad Enhancement is Rank EX. It'd take multiple Command Spells to make him just stop and listen.
Old 2017-08-23, 11:26   Link #19
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And even then, he can't understand your words unless you speak the same 'language' as him.
Old 2017-08-23, 11:50   Link #20
gunner56

Oppressors? Oh yeah, those guys. We see eye to eye. They are right over there.