AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-13, 22:48   Link #41
OuKKaN

I almost fell asleep watching this episode.
Poor Vote
Old 2007-10-13, 22:52   Link #42
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Wilhemina can't cook? That's odd.
Old 2007-10-13, 23:09   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yuji's mother was surprised by that piece of information herself.
Old 2007-10-13, 23:26   Link #44
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

LOL Shana and Wilhelmina were so cute with the whole cooking thing. The good part is that Shana recognises that what Wilhelmina does can't be called cooking. I wonder if Shana's lack of physical development in certain areas is to do with her diet .

I feel sorry for Yuji, but as his buddy pointed out, he doesn't need to act considerate in a weird way which he did. Personally I think he should pull back and let his buddy have a shot.

I really liked the way they recovered from missing out the arm absorbing part in the novels, the Hecate bonding really does make sense and I love the fact that he now has the existence equivalent of a Guze King. Due to his quick nature (at least in non love situations) I think he would be a great support caster
Old 2007-10-14, 01:00   Link #45
kimchipride
Geass User

Awesome Ep! A lot better than last week's. It was hilarious at some points of the episode. Can't wait for next week's episode. A whole week!!!
Old 2007-10-14, 02:05   Link #46
mpt37

Just finished watching it and the highlight of this ep was the 2 second clip of Chigusa holding the fire extinguisher while watching Shana cook. Hope we get some more Chigusa and Shana scenes this season because they were some of the best parts of season 1.
Old 2007-10-14, 03:55   Link #47
Blaat

When will the love triangle end?
Old 2007-10-14, 05:12   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I feel sorry for Yuji, but as his buddy pointed out, he doesn't need to act considerate in a weird way which he did. Personally I think he should pull back and let his buddy have a shot.
I think he's trying, but he can't exactly tell Yoshida "Look, I'll never like you back, so how about letting Ike hit on you?". He just doesn't have it in him.
Old 2007-10-14, 06:00   Link #49
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

are you guys watching the raw of it?
Old 2007-10-14, 06:23   Link #50
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilprid View Post
are you guys watching the raw of it?
Personally I am supping off the hard labor of the nice chaps from SS-Eclipse (ty guys)

@Anh_Minh - I was thinking not only of backing his mate up, but other various things too.

It's pretty dangerous hanging around Yuji, because he has a bulls eye pinned to his back.
He is no longer human and whilst he may no longer disappear, what about aging?
He was planning on leaving the city, but now they don't want to make any rash decisions... What the bleep happened to protecting the ones you care about .
I thought he sorted out his feelings for Shana at the end of S2.
It is pretty dangerous for Yuji to hurt Shana's feelings, whilst she might not hurt him, I think that Wilhelmina would not hesitate to eliminate him and scatter the hongu. Although I think that might be dangerous now that he has such a huge existence.

And the main reason personally is because I personally prefer Shana X Yuji more, and I don't even seen room for a 3 some compromise
Old 2007-10-14, 07:53   Link #51
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

I have a theory about the school girl at the end

Spoiler:

I loved the funny wilhemina (sp?) moments, wasn't expecting comic relief from her side

Old 2007-10-14, 08:16   Link #52
Aquifina

I'm going to give it an 8, only because the villain ended up being rather disappointing. But a good ep overall-- Chigusa holding that fire extinguisher was hilarious. And it really is fitting that Shana would set the food on fire. Willhelmina getting all jealous of Chigusa and then trying to learn how to cook herself was also a nice treat.

They dealt okay with the triangle in this ep; I thought. Nothing over the top. Yuuji thought about refusing the bento; I think an American guy should definitely do that, but in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it'd be just too rude, which was essentially Ike's point. And then the poor guy felt obligated to eat both lunches.

Some points for Yuuji for figuring out the connection between Shana missing training and his bento; nice to see the usually sharp male lead be a little less oblivious to the love-interest. And judging by Yuuji's enthusiastic reception of Shana's bento, Yoshida really doesn't have a chance.

The Shana/Yoshida interactions in this episode were also interesting. Shana trying to use fighting as an excuse for Yoshida to stop bringing her bento, and Yoshida (good for her!) calling that out for what it was--a bs excuse. And then Shana actually meeting Yoshida halfway--I guess they'll just both bring half-bentos now. And I get the feeling Shana's jealous of how frankly Yoshida can express her feelings; look at her reaction to Yoshida tucking Yuuji in at the end--sorta-of a "I wish I could do that, but am too proud and embarrassed to do so" look to her face.

I for one actually like how over the course of the series, Yoshida has actually grown a spine, while Shana has become less over-the-top jealous and possessive. It's not that I think that Shana is now willing to "share" Yuuji with Yoshida; it's just that I think she realizes now whether or not she likes it, Yoshida's going to be a part of Yuuji's life, as long at least as they stay in the city. Compare that to Shana's over-reaction to seeing Yuuji with Yoshida during the festival arc, or worse yet, the early ep. where she went psycho on Yuuji for calling her "just a classmate" to Chigusa.

Watching the ep, as opposed to screen-caps, it does now seem very unclear who this look-a-like Hecate is. It also looks like we should be moving away from the triangle a bit; I think that's working so far, but I also don't want them to flog it either.
Old 2007-10-14, 08:21   Link #53
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Didnt yuji ask about aging back in S1 when he first was told how reji works? I dont remember him getting an actual answer though...

One would think though if reji continually reups his flame he'd never die of any "Natural" causes like age, sickness, etc etc.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-14, 08:33   Link #54
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Didnt yuji ask about aging back in S1 when he first was told how reji works? I dont remember him getting an actual answer though...

One would think though if reji continually reups his flame he'd never die of any "Natural" causes like age, sickness, etc etc.
Hmmm I'm pretty sure they told him when he was practicing on the top of the roof, or was it after he didn't disappear from the root after he sacrificed himself for his class?

That is one thing on my mind. If torches are designed to just disappear when they run out of existence, does that mean they won't age? Personally I hope he and Shana can team up for an eternity together
Old 2007-10-14, 09:08   Link #55
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

First of all better then the first episode, second Shana giving melon bread in obetno to Yuji was very funny. Now Hecate or a girl that looks like Hecate (most likely thought the girl is Hecate) being a transfer student is interesting, and if that is Hecate interaction between Shana, Yuji, and Hecate is going to interesting to watch.
Old 2007-10-14, 09:20   Link #56
marc_alvin7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
LOL Shana and Wilhelmina were so cute with the I wonder if Shana's lack of physical development in certain areas is to do with her diet .
actually, Shana's lack of physical development is due to her not aging since she became a flame haze. I reckon she was 11 when she accepted the flame haze job which is why she is an eternal loli...
Old 2007-10-14, 09:26   Link #57
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Can that really be Hecate?
So is this gonna be the end to that girl(the horn girl) who makes those dreams? I thought she was gonna play a more important role
Looks like the story is goin to pick up more
Wheres Khamsim, you can't just leave him out I wonder if he'll show up in this season
Old 2007-10-14, 10:26   Link #58
rozenfreak123
Kanna-chan/Rin-chan Lover

Episode 2 was incredible unlike episode 1 with all the flashbacks. Too bad there wasn't enough of Bal Masque though but the ending with Hecate appearing as a transfer student and I starting to wonder if the love triangle will become three-way.
Old 2007-10-14, 10:42   Link #59
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenfreak123 View Post
Episode 2 was incredible unlike episode 1 with all the flashbacks. Too bad there wasn't enough of Bal Masque though but the ending with Hecate appearing as a transfer student and I starting to wonder if the love triangle will become three-way.
I was thinking that too, but I included the horny girl into the love harem. From how I read it Hecate lost the memories and feelings she gained from bonding with Yuji after they split, but maybe she will remember enough to want to rebond with him

Oh I just thought of something.... Couldn't they just convert Yuji and Hecate into an all you can eat buffet so they can stop eating the existences of everyone else?
Old 2007-10-14, 11:57   Link #60
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_alvin7 View Post
actually, Shana's lack of physical development is due to her not aging since she became a flame haze. I reckon she was 11 when she accepted the flame haze job which is why she is an eternal loli...
Yeah, Shana is 11, though the official site has something added to her age:
Spoiler for Shana's age:

As mentioned before, the character map as been updated, and some places where there were characters (like Khamsim and Tenmoku Ikkou, or whatever his name was ) have been cleared.
So it seems we'll be seeing another Mystes and Flame Haze, a bunch of Tomogara and maybe even Yuuji's father