AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 20:25   Link #501
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I must expedite watching this series, I am missing out on good discussion. Four pages since yesterday, it's a lot.

I think everything I would have said has been said already so I'll just add that Haruka's home attire is perfect for her.

And why the forehead? Can that be any more aggravating...at least the cheek! Poor guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Ah, that was pleasant viewing. Especially the pool part.
Yes it was! It's a good thing he had a trash can in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Haruka just livened up that second episode. Junichi is by far an admirable character in my opinon. Despite Haruka rejecting her; he, persistently attempts to convey his feelings to her, and isn't to shy about it either. He isn't bold, but he definently is a man.
Yeah, and he isn't too forward about it. Not to mention he has good timing, he was able to make forget that he watched her sleep for quite a while...that was creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
If only they had been thigh highs...

Ah well putting my fetishes aside the show is easily the second best of the season thus far (Sorry nothing beats well animated Ecchi + Zombie Apocalypse...nothing) and as much fun as Haruka has been really chomping at the bit to get some more time with the other lasses...
I was thinking thigh highs too. That would have been super win.

Yeah, this is number two. HOTD is number one because zombies are awesome and the drama is good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Well put. I think this is how I feel about her, too. She's pretty unique. Love the contradictions. Maybe those are partly what makes her seem real.
I am really glad they are making her real. She doesn't come off too strong in any scene either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's a shame. I actually think he's quite well written, especially when it comes to episodes like this one, and we can see how much he has grown thanks to his feelings for Haruka. It's glad we have such a male lead for such a story.
They do write for him very well, especially with the time constraints. He didn't just jump to action, he had some kind of pre-thought.
Old 2010-07-10, 20:28   Link #502
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I think the younger sister is acting quite natural. Children thrive on attention, so naturally they will cling to their older siblings if parents are not around, and dislike anyone that might draw the attention away from them. There is almost never anything erotic in that. Attention is a basic need of human life, like hunger and thirst. Unless one has learned to commune with the heavenly world, attention from family members is very important. But I guess many today grow up as an only child, so family dynamic is foreign to them.
Also, there is a very tight timeline for something like Miya's relationship with her brother to happen. 1-2 years apart and either one or two years apart in the same school. Otherwise, maybe she would STILL be clingy. But, it wouldn't be as visible. I never had the experience of being 2 years apart from one of my younger sisters so I can't really say. Way to fix it? For him to stop being all moopy around Miya and then BEAMING HAPPINESS around Morishima. Hopefully it's not the same in every arc. Because if it is..... Miya will be hated universally

Also, Darn You Shinroth!!! You got me fanboying all over Kaoru now -_-
http://www.giantbomb.com/kaoru-tanam...10/51-1047317/
ALOT of SFW art.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 21:54   Link #503
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Morishima's playful nature in ep.2 was very funny
Liked Ai's introduction here, her part is going to be really interesting.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:25   Link #504
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Ep 2.

For me, this ep tells me that Morishima comes across as a person who really doesn't see the overall consequences of her actions. Yes, she's playful, but it's more to her whims at the time. Not exactly someone I would trust my feelings to.

We'll see how this progresses. I like the mostly non fan service straightforwardness of the show so far.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:29   Link #505
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Ep 2.

For me, this ep tells me that Morishima comes across as a person who really doesn't see the overall consequences of her actions. Yes, she's playful, but it's more to her whims at the time. Not exactly someone I would trust my feelings to.

We'll see how this progresses. I like the mostly non fan service straightforwardness of the show so far.
Hahaha...yeah, we don't need fan service here. The amount of fan service in HOTD can satisfy the quota for two seasons, so we're good.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:37   Link #506
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by midonin View Post
eventually they will reveal that junichi has lived through all those universes, having only residual memories of each. His goal then becomes clear - to figure out why he keeps being sent back in time and put a stop to it.
augh that better not be a spoiler ):
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:40   Link #507
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
It's a joke.

Or is it...
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:48   Link #508
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ep 2 was a success in that I liked both Junichi and Haruka much more in the end than I had in the beginning. What I find refreshing is that both of them - he especially - just come right out and say what they're thinking. And I found their banter quite charming in this ep - unconsciously, he was worming his way into her affections with his puppy-dog pursuit of her. She whacked his nose with a rolled-up newspaper after the first confession, but to Junichi's credit he came right back for a second go. Once his mind is set, he's pretty bold in his guileless way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 23:46   Link #509
Arissa

A very small part of Ai ;_;
Love Ai's cold expression for the introduction X3
Arissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 00:09   Link #510
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Um. That still doesn't explain why she went from no to yes in the span of one day.
How would you feel if everyone confessed to you every single day? It must be nice at first. But you can't tell if it's real. If you reject them, they will simply look for another beautiful , but easier, girl.
When he confessed for the second time, she could see he meant it.
At least, I'd give him a chance.
Old 2010-07-11, 00:14   Link #511
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I tell you, the key was in her own words - Junichi reminded her of a puppy. Haruka loves puppies. While the other guys who confessed probably tried to win her by being cool and mature, Junichi vaulted past them by being cute and devoted.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 00:17   Link #512
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I tell you, the key was in her own words - Junichi reminded her of a puppy. Haruka loves puppies.

Does it mean that she has a thing for collars?

Anyway, nice point.
Old 2010-07-11, 00:51   Link #513
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

While I don't think Haruka is purposely trying to be mean, I think it just comes with the territory of celebrity. I mean, put yourself in a celebrity's shoes: Any normal Joe/Jane confessing to you, no matter how sincere their emotion, is still a drop of water in a pond. One has to put up a wall no matter what. If I was Haruka, I'd be putting up the same walls myself. In that sense, I suppose she did act in a realistic manner.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:20   Link #514
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I tell you, the key was in her own words - Junichi reminded her of a puppy. Haruka loves puppies. While the other guys who confessed probably tried to win her by being cool and mature, Junichi vaulted past them by being cute and devoted.
Well, the funny thing is, her version of an ideal man is one who is mature, tough and charismatic... or so she claims. Tama-nee has a fear of dogs, but Haruka-senpai is clearly her opposite in this (but both voiced by Itou Shizuka ).

Nijuu however, raises an interesting point: it seems out of the guys she has rejected in the past, none of them even bothered to try again and moved on pretty quickly. Her reaction to that question seems to hint at this. It's almost as if she hasn't met anyone who was that serious with her until Tachibana's second attempt, even though she's very welcoming to others.

Haruka herself isn't one to be bogged down by the awkwardness of failed courtships, and is quick to move on quickly. I wonder if she has adapted to this kind of attitude in response to the unintended consequences of receiving such attention in her school life.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 02:46   Link #515
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Nijuu however, raises an interesting point: it seems out of the guys she has rejected in the past, none of them even bothered to try again and moved on pretty quickly. Her reaction to that question seems to hint at this. It's almost as if she hasn't met anyone who was that serious with her until Tachibana's second attempt, even though she's very welcoming to others.
I think the most important detail is that the confessions all happened at the same time, in which she replied one by one. This kind of thing made it look like her popularity was the driving force behind those guys' confessions. It would almost look like a game, or that kind of betting "other" manga show sometimes.

After all, she doesn't believe in being needed to be in a relationship to be friendly towards each other, and looking at her, she didn't really have any other close friend besides Hibiki (we see one of her befriending attempts happen with Miya). And after the failed confessions, neither of the guys approached her again.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:31   Link #516
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And why the forehead? Can that be any more aggravating...at least the cheek! Poor guy.
When you want to treat a puppy, you kiss them on the forehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Also, Darn You Shiroth!!! You got me fanboying all over Kaoru now -_-
http://www.giantbomb.com/kaoru-tanam...10/51-1047317/
ALOT of SFW art.
Sexy messy hair~

Seriously can't wait for her arc.
Old 2010-07-11, 05:39   Link #517
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
Does it mean that she has a thing for collars?

Anyway, nice point.
I assume this is more to perceive another person for her being cute. Actually back a while ago funny thing was I saw on the internet some announcement with some company called Fido and some people had a dog next to them and it looked like them a lot. So example given....maybe Junichi's appearance pleases her because of what she likes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
If it's serious than my assumption of a reset might be true. Furthermore a time paradox element.......interesting situation this might be to see how it all ends in the end.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-07-11 at 08:03.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 08:09   Link #518
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Um. That still doesn't explain why she went from no to yes in the span of one day.
The first time he confesses to her, he doesn't really know all too much about her, other than that she's a kind girl who is quite pretty. So she thinks his interest in her is just a mere crush and that it would be better to let him know it wouldn't work out between them, rather than try it and hurt him if it indeed didn't work out.

However, when he starts hanging around with her more (mostly on her own initiative), he starts to learn more about her and sees other traits he likes in her than just her good looks. So, by the time he confesses again, he still wouldn't be her ideal type, but his persistence tells her that he truly means it and that he genuinely wants to make their relationship work, at whatever cost. As a result, she realizes that there may be more to him than she thinks, so she decides not to reject him a second time.

However, I think that her answer isn't a definitive 'yes' just yet. I think she's going to see if he's truly worth it first and then give him her true final answer, be it positive or negative. The next two episodes should make that clear.
Old 2010-07-11, 08:20   Link #519
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Besides I don't think it's like Haruka's feelings completely flipped over night. Even after that confession she was thinking about it. So the developments that came after were just pushing things further in the direction of her accepting those feelings. Besides as everyone else said there was more time spent together and the fact that she already turned him down once yet he was still saying it again.
Old 2010-07-11, 09:25   Link #520
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

More emphasis was put on how she gets many one-time confessions. When you get so many of one thing, their value goes down. But this is the first time someone did it a second time - and asked for permission to continue liking her. That had an impact.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen