AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-22, 10:26   Link #1
Kalldrexx

Neji contradicting himself?

I'm confused. The other day I saw the Neji/Naruto fight from the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam and suddenly today I thought of something. The whole time Neji was yelling that Naruto was a drop out and you shouldn't try to go against fate. Not only that but Neji actually believed in all that crap. But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves? Did I watch wrong or is he just completely blind to his own motives?
Kalldrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:31   Link #2
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Yes, Neji was contradicting himself and Naruto pointed that out to him, that's why he got so pissed at Naruto when the fight itself was coming to a close, but eventually Neji saw the fact that he was contradicting himself based on a philosophy that was flawed in the first place and learned to brighten up
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:31   Link #3
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hehehe Naruto is sayings this as well during the fight=P Hinata tells him also=P
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:33   Link #4
Kalldrexx

oh lol must have missed those lines.. Thanks
Old 2004-11-22, 10:46   Link #5
stylez
Hokage

Hehehe np
Old 2004-11-22, 11:07   Link #6
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalldrexx
I'm confused. The other day I saw the Neji/Naruto fight from the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam and suddenly today I thought of something. The whole time Neji was yelling that Naruto was a drop out and you shouldn't try to go against fate. Not only that but Neji actually believed in all that crap. But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves? Did I watch wrong or is he just completely blind to his own motives?
Well, I think when he talked about that whole fate thing, he referred to the fact he will never be appointed to the head of the clan, even though he is the most talented Hyuuga. Even though he learned all that special moves, he cannot change his destiny as a mere bodyguard or soldier for the clan.
(Well, obviously things didn't go as he thought, but that's beside the point. Nobody would think his uncle simply denied him why his father died for no apparent reason.)
Besides, it's not exactly crap what Neji says. In truth, you cannot achieve certain things if you lack the talent. No matter how hard you study, if you are an dumbass, you will never be a professor at Harvard. Obviously, Naruto is a shounen, therefore the whole "You can do everything if just try hard enough" crap is going on. No one would think someone who couldn't learn Bunshin no Justsu for years would suddenly learn a way more complex version in one night for no apparent reason, but hey, it's a shounen!
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:25   Link #7
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Obviously, Naruto is a shounen, therefore the whole "You can do everything if just try hard enough" crap is going on. No one would think someone who couldn't learn Bunshin no Justsu for years would suddenly learn a way more complex version in one night for no apparent reason, but hey, it's a shounen!
I think the point isn't that Naruto was not able to, but Naruto didn't care enough to truly try.

If you believe you cannot, you are guaranteed to fail. Naruto never believed he could, so he never tried. But, when the time came for him to save someone he cared about, he was able to do it.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:36   Link #8
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves?
The teaching of those moves was what was restricted to the head family, not the learning. Nor was the learning of the Byakugan restricted to the head family. Neji himself was actually instructed in the soft-fisted style of the Hyuuga by the head family honcho himself. It just surprised Hiashi that Neji came so far on his own that he was able to learn techniques taught only to the main family.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:48   Link #9
jbruns
Warez Kiddie

Quote:
Byakugan itself is not restricted to the head family only. Like other posters have said, Neji was more complainging on how he could never become head of Hyuuga and forever remain a bodyguard for the family
jbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:51   Link #10
stylez
Hokage

Its not only that if U dont have faith in your self u cant accomplish anything, but also the need for others to believe in u. Even though u might not be able to go all the way, u still can achieve alot as long as u and others have faith in you.
Old 2004-11-22, 12:07   Link #11
Kalldrexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruns
Byakugan itself is not restricted to the head family only. Like other posters have said, Neji was more complainging on how he could never become head of Hyuuga and forever remain a bodyguard for the family

I"m giong to have to watch that episode again cause apparently I have all the information mixed up. I thought that Byakugan was restricted to the head family by the seal that the branches had. Neji was mentioning that they kept the bloodline limit (Byakugan I thought) only in the head family so that the secret of it wouldn't get out, and that was why it was so imperative that the branch family's job was to protect the head family.
Old 2004-11-22, 12:17   Link #12
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
I think the point isn't that Naruto was not able to, but Naruto didn't care enough to truly try.

If you believe you cannot, you are guaranteed to fail. Naruto never believed he could, so he never tried. But, when the time came for him to save someone he cared about, he was able to do it.
In general, that's not true. During quite a lot of class tests, I was certain I would fail and even thought so afterwards and before the tests and they turned out to be an A+. Obviously you won't achieve as much if you totally lack motivation, but Naruto didn't seem to hang around all the time, he actually did train, but was a failure nevertheless. Hell, when he learned Tajuu Kage Bunshin, he was not even acknowledged yet. There's no logial reason for that, except the fact he is the main character.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:36   Link #13
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
I"m giong to have to watch that episode again cause apparently I have all the information mixed up. I thought that Byakugan was restricted to the head family by the seal that the branches had. Neji was mentioning that they kept the bloodline limit (Byakugan I thought) only in the head family so that the secret of it wouldn't get out, and that was why it was so imperative that the branch family's job was to protect the head family.
Well, you were sorta right. The seal is put on the branch family so that the branch family can't go off and form his/her own main family somewhere. The seal protects the main family from challenges from the branch family, as well as destroying the byakugan if a branch family member is abducted or somesuch.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:46   Link #14
tetra

He's upset about forever being chained down because of the curse seal.
His life will always be in the main families hands. He do great things for them or whatever, but in the end if they feel like killing him off, he can't really do anything about it.
tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 14:42   Link #15
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I disagree he was contradicting himself. To him it didn't matter how many jutsu's he learned his fate was had already been decided. There are people who believe in something but never make the effort to go against it. Neji tried to change his fate but only ended up renforcing what he already knew before, that's why he felt so strongly about it.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 15:35   Link #16
Kalldrexx

Ohh ok I think I understand what fate he was talking about now (the seal used to control the branch family). Thanks all
Old 2004-11-22, 17:26   Link #17
Jin
Staked!

Send a message via AIM to Jin
What would happen if a head family member got captured? Shouldn't they put the seals on everyone then?
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:02   Link #18
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin
What would happen if a head family member got captured? Shouldn't they put the seals on everyone then?
there seems to be alot of mix up with some people. the seal is placed on the branch family as a form of control. also the main family doesnt leave the village but the branch family does. the seal also works to seal their bloodlimit apon death so the serect would remain hiden.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:46   Link #19
bal
Gaara of The Desert

Role of the seal is
1. For Head family members to control branch family members.
2. To seal all the hyuuga abilities in case of death so no one can learn its secrets.

It doesnt restricts the byakugan growth or power but the branch family arent thought some high level techniquies. Neji alone discovered them without any guidance or books. He did not contradicted himself in this case cause it was his fate to be a genius hyuuga member.

Where he did contradicted himself was when he attacked hinata with intention to kill. He went out of the line because he got emotional with his anger. Other than that he never contradicted himself.
bal is offline   Reply With Quote