AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 19:49   Link #661
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Been using Adon and Juri as my mains. Liking both of their gameplay styles.

T.Hawk is so good in this game. I used him against some good players and I went on an 17 win streak. He's going to be tough to fight against when an pro uses him.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-04-28 at 21:18.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 04:38   Link #662
Xion Valkyrie

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6400836

Totally awesome ending!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 21:24   Link #663
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ibuki is awesome.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:55   Link #664
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

omg. justin vs daigo. double KO. crazy. these two have such a history.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 07:46   Link #665
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wow, it's like everytime those two are playing, something epic is bound to happen.
About SSF4, is there an arcade version, too? If so, has the character roster of that version been updated as well?
Old 2010-05-01, 13:04   Link #666
Westlo
Lets be reality

They're working on the arcade version right now, they are undecided if they are going to do a straight port or add new characters/moves and tweak stuff. Personally I think they'll add 2-4 characters (I'll put $50 on Elena), rebalance a few things (Juri, Makoto & Hakan need some buffs..), add 3rd costumes for the new fighters etc and than release that a month or two after arcade release as the first DLC patch/content whatever.

Anyway just had a 3 hour long 2v2 team battle session where we all went random select, god the cries of horror when someone got Gen was priceless. The online experience is just so much better in Super...
Old 2010-05-01, 21:15   Link #667
Westlo
Lets be reality

omg daigo is coming to australia for Evo APAC, 2 free plane tickets to Evo are up for grabs.. one to Daigo for sure. I think I might go to this now, wouldn't cost to much to get a plane ticket from Melbourne to Sydney, would be hype to watch and I'll get to meet a lot of players I play online with too.

Got destroyed by an Abel player like 4 times the other night, and I just saw he came 2nd in the first Super SFIV ranbat for Melbourne so it makes me feel a bit better lol.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-05-01 at 21:32.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:54   Link #668
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They're working on the arcade version right now, they are undecided if they are going to do a straight port or add new characters/moves and tweak stuff. Personally I think they'll add 2-4 characters (I'll put $50 on Elena), rebalance a few things (Juri, Makoto & Hakan need some buffs..), add 3rd costumes for the new fighters etc and than release that a month or two after arcade release as the first DLC patch/content whatever.

Anyway just had a 3 hour long 2v2 team battle session where we all went random select, god the cries of horror when someone got Gen was priceless. The online experience is just so much better in Super...
I thought Juri hits pretty hard for a female character but I felt she takes more damage...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 07:21   Link #669
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Female characters in Street Fighter generally have average to low health (not as bad as Akuma but still...)
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 23:06   Link #670
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just had an match against an good T.Hawk with my Adon. I lost but it was the most intense and annoying match I've ever had in Street Fighter IV. Went right down to the wire. Adon seems to be an decent character. I only wish his air jaguar kick was more reliable. I can see at high level play people won't be doing that move to often unless there's an knockdown. Too easy to duck and punish since it tends to miss sadly.

EX jaguar kick from the ground seems great. Its an overhead. Kind of strange that his air EX jaguar kick isn't an overhead.
Old 2010-05-03, 23:17   Link #671
tkdtiger

I'm still using a controller...how much is a stick?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:10   Link #672
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Stick is $150, if you want the tournament edition one.

Just a disclaimer though that you'd probably have to relearn pretty much almost everything with your transition.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 06:48   Link #673
brocko

If you're looking to level your game up then a stick is highly recommended. If you just wanna have fun here and there then the stick is gonna be one hell of a money dump just to let you know.

Tournament Edition sticks isn't really all that necessary for entry level imo. Just get a Standard Edition and if you ever feel the need to later on, it's one of the most easiest sticks to mod/upgrade yourself to TE/arcade standards. Not to mention it's half the price of the TE and will probably still be $50 or so cheaper after including the upgrade costs. However it has been quite awhile since their release so there might be some really sweet deals out there for a TE if you look hard enough.

I'm personally using a Hori EX2 atm, and while there's a noticeable difference between it and the top-end Sanwa parts they use in the arcade, it still gets the job done pretty damn well. It might not be the best around but it's still a solid and decent stick to have around i find.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 10:20   Link #674
Westlo
Lets be reality

Man, Dictator is pretty sick in Super, gonna hit the training room and get his links down.
Old 2010-05-04, 16:47   Link #675
Xion Valkyrie

2 New SF fan moves out this week. One's already out:

And one's coming out this Thursday:
http://kotaku.com/5530090/this-could...m-ever-created

Totally shows how Hollywood is just MASSIVE FAIL.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 18:15   Link #676
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
If anyone wants to ever throw me an invite on psn, names Minerva_sc, I need practice against' everyone.

and not to sound snobby or anything, but only decent people.
Old 2010-05-04, 21:12   Link #677
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
If anyone wants to ever throw me an invite on psn, names Minerva_sc, I need practice against' everyone.

and not to sound snobby or anything, but only decent people.
I'll send you invite whenever I get on. My PSN is SnakeofNinjutsu.

Regarding using an stick or not. In my opinion an stick is highly recommended. I tried hori sticks and they are ok. I actually spent extra cash to get an arcade stick from Byrdo. I don't know if he is still doing custom stick but I've had mine for an while and its still in perfect condition. His website is byrdo.org if you want to check out his work.
Old 2010-05-04, 22:46   Link #678
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
I'll add you guys. Or you guys can add me if you get on PSN first or whatever.
My PSN ID is Izanagi_XIII

I main Ibuki. I need practice against some matchups like Balrog, Bison, and Adon.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 03:53   Link #679
haru_sunye

Wow, that exhibition match between Justin and Daigo was absolutely amazing; I didn't even know that a draw was even possible in SF!

@Westlo: I'm definitely attending the EVO APAC too! Thank gosh that I live in Sydney. Can't wait to see Daigo in action!
haru_sunye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 04:09   Link #680
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru_sunye View Post
@Westlo: I'm definitely attending the EVO APAC too! Thank gosh that I live in Sydney. Can't wait to see Daigo in action!
Arrgh you lucky bastard lol, though its not like a plane ticket to sydney is that expensive, I heard Tiger was selling tickets @ $19 a few days back, thats like cheaper than a 10 minute cab ride lol.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360